Post by Radja »

Welcome
GuiltyLion
and
shaddowez
, you are both members of the
House Lannister
faction, the scum team for this game.

Use this topic to discuss, it will stay open throughout the entire game.
Night actions are allowed to be sent in this thread, just bold them when you do.

Have Fun!
Last edited by Radja on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Radja »

Here are your fakeclaims for this game:

Welcome,
PlayerName
, you are
Jon Snow, Town ??

History:
Jon Snow is at the castle of Winterfell, preparing for the arrival of House Baratheon

Win Conditions:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome,
PlayerName
, you are
Ned Stark, Town ??

History:
Ned Stark is at the castle of Winterfell, preparing for the arrival of House Baratheon

Win Conditions:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Hey shaddowez! Let's do this :]

These are some power fakeclaims. I'm gonna revisit the plot of e2 to see what kind of strong roles would make sense for either of these characters. Since I'm the goon, hopefully I can be a little bit scummier and then use Ned or Jon to draw out a PR CC if I'm run up later in the game. I'll also post my thoughts on this playerlist in a sec. It's nice to have open scumchat, so let's use this to our full advantage
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Okay so here's the player list:

1. BlueBloodedToffee
2. Wisdom
3. SirCakez
4. KuroiXHF
7. Expedience
8. ConvergentConclusion
9. Kraeg

BBT depends on how much effort he puts into the game tbh. I've seen him be a pretty good scumhunter but I've also seen him lurk a lot as scum. If he comes out playing hard in D1 then I may be forced to townread him, and I've noticed he has townread me before for sharing his scumreads, so that's something to think about if he latches onto someone else incorrectly early. If he "doesn't have time" and prodges a fair amount then he may be scumreadable/mislynchable.

SirCakez has seen me twice as scum before, we've actually never been town together. He was onto me the last game we played so I'm gonna have to be careful with him, he locked onto me pushing "nitpicky" semantic stuff so I'm gonna try to be better about that this game. He's also tricky in that he tends to be kinda lynchbaity, but knows this (and other players pick up on it too), so he's risky to push early. I've gotten him LYLO lynched before though, so we'll have to see what town opinion on him is.

Expedience I've only seen as town and he's only seen me as town. I just got out of a game where he wouldn't lynch scum on D2 but came around to them on D3. He's played decently in my games with him so I wouldn't assume he's an easy mislynch unless we get lucky and he makes a bad push on D1.

If I remember correctly I have never played with ConvergentConclusion, Kraeg, Kuroi, or Wisdom. Do you have experience or thoughts on these players? I've read a few Wisdom games and he kinda scares me. Also, what's your approach in terms of interacting with your partner? I generally don't like to bus, especially in micros, but I'm starting to have a history of not-bussing as scum so it's a bit iffy. Given our roles, if we're gonna try to have some distance between us then it'd be much better for you to push me than vice versa.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

so skimmed a wiki on S1E2, Jon gives Arya the sword, Needle, and then heads to the Wall with Tyrion. Ned is en route to Kings Landing and doesn't do too much except kill one of the dogs at the end :sad: .

Not sure what good claims would be. Ned as a bodyguard might make sense, but I'm struggling to think of how to justify either of these players as an investigative with flavor. Maaayyybe Jon could be a gunsmith, but it's a stretch. Catelyn tends to Bran in the episode and also finds Cersei's hair in that room where they pushed Bran, so I could see her as either a cop or a doc, keep an eye out for any flavor-softing.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:06 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

honestly Ned Stark might be better as just a VT claim
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:24 am

Post by shaddowez »

Hey! I like your analyses so far. For some reason I tend to get scum read less when I'm actually scum, but BBT knows this so that'll be interesting. I think Jon Snow as tracker may be a reasonable fake claim, so depending how reads go we could use that. I'll be able to do more in depth stuff during the week
V/LA on Weekends
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yo so I plan to just drop thoughts in here as we go, feel free to agree/disagree/play however you want

if you drop an L-1 on Cakez we might get lucky enough for a derphammer, but Cakez/someone might turn that on you
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:47 am

Post by shaddowez »

I'm actually thinking of using Kuroi's comment about it being the Landis terse somehow
V/LA on Weekends
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hmm Expedience says he hasn't watched the show but he's heard of his character before = I bet that makes him Tyrion, Sansa, or Arya, since we know he's not Ned or Jon Snow. Probably not Joffrey since he was already mentioned in thread, and I'm gonna say he's probably not Cat or Robb since I don't think they're well known to people who don't follow the show.

Maybe Daeneyrs? But if she's in the game I would think it'd be as 3p.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey things are going well so far, keep it up

I'm gonna townread CC, I think town!me would have him as town. Also Expedience just got banned, so heads up for a replacement :/
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also Kraeg implied some role/flavor related knowledge of the Lannisters as well. Unfortunately I could see him being either a Stark or Tyrion, so not sure if that helps us much.

Do you think his "lynch me" statement is WIFOM as a PR, or he genuinely doesn't have an important role
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:01 am

Post by shaddowez »

I dunno - it almost sounds more like a VT claim than anything. Trying to gambit with WIFOM at L-1 as a PR isn't something I would expect from anyone
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:28 am

Post by shaddowez »

If all goes well, we may both be able to stay off the Kraeg lynch. He's digging himself a hole I'm not sure he'll be able to get out of
V/LA on Weekends
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I might hammer the Kraeg lynch if we get it to L-1 later in the day, I had a Newbie game recently where we wound up losing because neither of us jumped on the easy mislynch D1, and then town swung the wagon hard at the end of the day and we couldn't get him back as a mislynch after that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

damnit, mollie is good and she always scumreads me, even when I'm town
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by shaddowez »

lol, let's hope she can't pull a wagon though. With her taking her vote off Kraeg I do think at least one of us will have to be on the wagon though
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:41 am

Post by shaddowez »

Oh man, if Kuroi hammers this'll be beautiful
V/LA on Weekends
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think you can push for a Kraeg lynch if I'm ever flipped. I've purposefully avoided a full townread on him, while consistently avoiding his wagon, so keep that in mind for the late game.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

you should keep scumreading me, btw. I think you scumreading me + me townreading you will be a good approach to keeping associatives away. although I'm struggling to engage with your posts, I've presented a townread on you so now when I reply I have to do so in such a way where I am talking to you as if I think you are town. I might purposefully ignore you a little bit but as we move into D2 and beyond you should keep hounding me
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also I like that we have followed eachother around on wagons, that should help too. I think Cakez, mollie, Kraeg, BBT, and Kuroi are all viable mislynches. At this point in time I think we should probably kill Wisdom or rb
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

honestly I think BBT might have a strong role, I would be down to roleblock him
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:04 am

Post by shaddowez »

Obviously I'm failing at posting in here, my apologies.

Looks like we're doing pretty well so far - most people have a decent townread on one or both of us. I'm inclined to believe that CC/rb or Kuroi may be a PR, but i could be wrong. Have you seen BBT lurk this hard as a PR before?
V/LA on Weekends
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

no, but I have seen him play more aggressively as VT and BP-enabler. The fact that he didn't try to give even cursory reads once is what makes me think he's trying to stay alive and probably knows he can't be lynched

if you think rb is a PR, I'm down to kill him. What do you think of

initial proposed night actions
:
shaddowez roleblocks BBT

GuiltyLion kills rb

feel free to suggest alternatives if you want, I'll be around, just posting it now in case something happens and we miss deadline.

we could also just kill BBT, he won't really give any associatives away
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

it does make me sad to kill rb after he opened with shaddowez+GL are probably town :P

but I really don't think he could be mislynched and he's skilled enough that I could see him turning around on us later in the game. Plus, his death may sour some town opinion on mollie - but don't suggest that in the game thread at all cause NK analysis always always looks scummy IMO

Return to “Completed Game Topics”