O
pen
G
ame
#

The Abandoned Factory

February 5, 2017 - 11:00 AM (GMT)

Pregame

The shadows of three figures stood tall against the eerie glow that seeped through the cracks
in the walls. If Stephen King could see them right now, he would probably orgasm from the
sheer creepiness. For ECMitchell, Cooperative Sheep and Intermission however, that was just
another boring Sunday morning of murder planning.

ECMitchell:
Sup lads? How'd your scouting work go?
Intermission:
They know how many we are and what we're capable of. That's about all they know though.
Cooperative Sheep:
They sucked. Mayor did 'em good. I admire 'er work actually, she would make a great
addition to the team.
ECMitchell:
Stop crushing on that bitch. I want to light her on fire for signing us on the mob list.
Intermission:[/b] Relax Mitch. Nobody's getting mobbed here but villagers. We'll make sure of that. Anyhows.
I know what we're up against, I just don't know who's who. Let's see here...

Intermission paused for a moment while he shuffled through his notes.

Intermission:
OK so. One of the houses was build on top of an old jail. I'm betting whoever lives there still
has the jail key.
Cooperative Sheep:
I used to be a gaoler. If I can get me hands on that key, I can do some gaolin' on me own.
Intermission:
Awesome. I've also snooped some criminal records, seems like one of the kids has been playing
with a gun a little bit. Names were redacted everywhere though. In any case, stay on the lookout for incoming
bullets.
ECMitchell:
Fan-freaking-tastic. Hashtag sarcasm.
Cooperative Sheep:
Feck off Mitchell.
Intermission:
Guys. Please? Thanks. The last one of interest is some disbarred amateur cop or somesuch. I
read they were pretty good but they had all their lockpicks and skeleton keys confiscated by the authorities.
Thank goodness I have mine with me.
ECMitchell:
So don't die on us and let them snoop your dead body, k? Last thing we want right now is more
cops. I don't suppose you have a name for them either?
Intermission:
Nope. Redacted.
Cooperative Sheep:
Told ye. Mayor knows 'er craft.
ECMitchell:
Shut up, sheep.
Intermission:
All right boys. Let's all do our jobs. I'll try to get my hands on more info the following nights.
Sheep, you take over the jail when that BDSM fellow kicks the bucket. And Mitch, you... well...
ECMitchell:
I'll smoke them all up.
Intermission:
Spoken like a true goon. Well then. We have a job to do. Any plans on how we're going to stay
hidden?

The whispers kept on going for a while longer while a new murderous scheme was hatched. The
appropriately named town had a lot to look forward to.

Waiting for players to confirm their roles.

Confirmations received: 9 / 9
You may discuss your plans here until 7 players have confirmed their roles.
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:42 am, edited 11 times in total.
Cooperative Sheep
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:33 am

Post by Cooperative Sheep »

So town have a jailkeeper, a Vig, and some sort of Cop thing that is maybe activated by Intermission's death?
I'm a backup JKer - if the JKer goes I get their power.
Cooperative Sheep
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:35 am

And then I see the open thread :D
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:37 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Information about the setup and the roles in it is available here. If you have any specific questions, you're welcome to ask!
Cooperative Sheep
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:02 am

Nah, signup was just long enough ago I'd forgotten the setup for the game and hen got intrigued by the fluff.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:42 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

February 5, 1970 - 7:40 PM (GMT)

Day 1

As dawn broke, the whispers that haunted the abandoned factory finally died down.

Day 1 has begun.

You may not post here until the day is over.
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

February 10, 2017 - 10:30 AM (GMT)

Night 1

Enraged by the loss of their dungeon keeper, the remaining mafia members gathered in the old
factory to plot their revenge.

Intermission:
I told the bastard that a shepard disguise was incredibly stupid but he just liked the role too
much. I told him it was obvious he was fake but he didn't listen and now look where it got him.
ECMitchell:
I think he kinda had it coming for trying to make the mayor his girlfriend. Never fraternise with
the enemy. It bites you in the arse.
Intermission:
That it does. Don't worry Mitch, I'll make sure they pay tenfold for what they did to our
bearded motherfucker. We'll slaughter them like the sheep they just relieved of service.
ECMitchell:
Fuck you for reminding me. I'm dying for a burger over here.

And so they began laying down their dastardly schemes to avenge their fallen comrade. It was
going to be a long night, dark as a black hole and full of terrors as a high school.

Deadline for Night 1 actions:

February 12, 2017 - 10:30 AM (GMT)
You have (expired on 2017-02-12 10:30:00) to submit your night action targets.
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intermission
Intermission
Townie
Intermission
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:20 am

Post by Intermission »

First of all, I hated to do it. But it seems to have deflected some of the suspicion off me.

I'm thinking you should kill Siblings since they are dangerous players who can rally the town pretty well, not to mention the obnoxious hydra account that's hard to play against. Might help cast some extra shade on plague or sesq too.

My investigation is a crap shoot. Nothing to really go on. I was thinking about either Bella or Transcend, but I'm open to your ideas. Those two are probably the most suspicious of me after Siblings.

You've done an excellent job flying under the radar... I don't think the vig will be targeting you since everyone seems to agree you're town but I'm still a possibility for a vig kill.
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:46 am

Post by ECMitchell »

I agree with your kill suggestion. SQ will be a good kill. Excellent scum radar and ability to rally others. With him dead I believe town will be lynching plague or Sesq tomorrow. Those two and you I believe are also the vigilante targets tonight.

I think you did well to alleviate some pressure off yourself. I think protecting Sheep was a lost cause after a certain point.

In my opinion you should investigate Jester. :) What do you think?
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:48 am

Post by ECMitchell »

Sorry, I meant Transcend, not Jester.
Intermission
Intermission
Townie
Intermission
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Intermission »

It kinda doesn't matter at this stage. High chance I'll land on a vanilla townie anyway. Let me consider for a while longer.

I'm pretty set on a Siblings kill. You can go ahead and lock that in if you want. Unless you can think of a reason losing the most prolific poster would be a bad idea.

Anything else we should discuss? I've kinda been playing the naive, friendly, kinda-new-to-this role, which ended up looking scummier than I thought. That's why I opened with an RQS. I'm trying to vaguely appeal to emotion and friendliness which can be underrated strategies. Players like Transcend seem to see through it though.

I say we hang back in day two and let them rip each other up a bit. They're already squabbling. If my bus vote comes up, you might try taking some heat off that since they trust you pretty well.
Intermission
Intermission
Townie
Intermission
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:29 am

Post by Intermission »

Mod, does ECM get the result of my investigation before day starts? Or will I need to breadcrumb it somehow during the day? And is there a limit to what kind of breadcrumbing is legal?

Must admit I've never seen a game of mafia that didn't allow dayspeak for the scum, but maybe that's the norm on this board?
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:34 am

Post by ECMitchell »

In my experience the town power roles tend to try to not draw attention to themselves, and Transcend's posts, while helpful, have been free of bombast until around the lynch happened. Either that or they try overly hard to put themselves on the front lines so scum leave them alive. I think in killing the most prolific payer and investigating one of the more passive ones, we have good odds of hitting scum in one way or another.

I agree that you should continue to play on the more passive side, although at this stage in the game, everyone should be having a hunch on scum. Don't coast entirely--pressure someone whose arguments haven't been up to snuff and who you can reasonably paint as scum.
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:36 am

Post by ECMitchell »

ECMitchell
shoots
Siblings Quarrel

Getting confirmation on your role might be good before you hammer. :)
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:39 am

Post by ECMitchell »

Only breadcrumb if a wagon is led against you. They don't have any day-time shooters, so you should be safe to withhold information until tomorrow, unless your lynch is imminent.
Intermission
Intermission
Townie
Intermission
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Intermission »

Is it legal to say something like, "ok, teammate, I'll end my first sentence tomorrow with two periods if I returned a power role tonight"? Or is that outside the realm of breadcrumbing?
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 am

Post by ECMitchell »

In post 15, Intermission wrote:Is it legal to say something like, "ok, teammate, I'll end my first sentence tomorrow with two periods if I returned a power role tonight"? Or is that outside the realm of breadcrumbing?
That's perfectly legal from what I understand. That's kind of the point of the shared night phase between us, so we can strategize the next day. We are the informed minority, and keeping each other informed discreetly is the name of the game for us. :)

Your suggestion is 1000x better than just standard breadcrumbing. I say go with that plan for tomorrow. Town power role on Transcend = two periods at the end of your very first sentence.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:45 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

To clarify:

Intermission will get his investigation as soon as the night finishes. Mitchell won't get anything. It is up to you guys to set a codeword or something. Pretty much anything is allowed other than invisible text and cryptography (as in unreadable text that must be decoded).

I've gone as far as using the first letter of every sentence to spell out a word and it was okay. If in doubt, you can always double check with me. The example you've given I think is perfectly fine.
Intermission
Intermission
Townie
Intermission
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:56 am

Post by Intermission »

Perfect, let's use the two period code then.

Intermission
investigates
Transcend
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:45 am

Post by ECMitchell »

Your investigation is taking forever, Intermission. Hurry up already!
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:09 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

February 12, 1970 - 10:30 AM (GMT)

Day 2

Once again the morning sun quietly dispersed the shadows and the factory was vacated in
a rush.

Day 2 has begun.

You may not post here until the day is over.
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

February 18, 2017 - 12:30 AM (GMT)

Night 2

The lone shadow of the last surviving member of the gang, ECMitchell, appeared malformed and
broken as it lingered over the husks of the rusting machinery - completely unlike his spirit, which
was now fueled by boiling adrenaline and a maddening lust for vengeance. His partners in crime
may have died, but he was there to continue their legacy.

He may not have had any special talents or tools at his disposal, but his faith in the mission was
unshakable and his brute strength unwavering. As long as he lived, the show had to go on.
Murdertown had yet to witness the horrors he was capable of.

Deadline for Night 2 actions:

February 20, 2017 - 12:30 AM (GMT)
You have (expired on 2017-02-20 00:30:00) to submit your night action targets.
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by ECMitchell »

Well, this game will be impossible. I'll do my best though. I feel very cornered, because the kill I feel compelled to make is one that will likely throw suspicion back my way. (Bellaphant.) Leaving Trascend alive because he is apparently not a power role. Cannot target the named Backup Cop, because the Jailer is 100% on him tonight. Logic tells me that Bellaphant is the most trusted Townie from here on out, and possibly the Jailer, but I don't know for sure. My gut tells me a different story.

I'm going to take a gamble that Sesq is actually the Jailer. Their posts have been overly scummy, and I'm guessing it's a way to avoid being night killed. Or a WIFOM on that, in which case I might end up killing a regular townie and arguably what would've been the easiest lynch to push for. Oh well, here goes nothing.
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by ECMitchell »

ECMitchell
shoots
Sesq
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:55 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

I'd just like to say that whatever the outcome of the game, I think you did incredibly well blending in and avoiding suspicion. Looking like obvtown as scum is exceptionally rare and always exciting to see. Keep that in mind even if you lose in the end. ♥

Return to “Completed Game Topics”