Let's Talk Gacha Games (X% IS A LIE)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Let's Talk Gacha Games (X% IS A LIE)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:13 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Gacha games are video games that implement the gacha (capsule-toy vending machine) mechanic. It is similar to loot box, in that it induces players to spend in-game currency to receive a random virtual item. Most of these games are free-to-play mobile games, where the gacha serves as an incentive to spend real-world money.

The gacha game model began to be widely used in the early 2010s, faring particularly well in Japan. Almost all of the highest-grossing mobile games in Japan use it, and it has become an integral part of Japanese mobile game culture. Outside Japan, the game mechanism is also gaining popularity and is included in various Chinese and Korean games.

Source: Wikipedia

What Gacha Games do you play? How much money have you spent on these money-grabbing games? Also let's discuss the games and probability and interesting stuffs, and feel free to share your best and worst Gacha results.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

I play Magia Record (obviously) and a few more Idol Rhythm games like Tokyo 7th Sisters and BanG Dream! Girls Band Party. I'm starting to burn out in Magia Record though after I used up all the currency I saved for 7 months on a single week of limited gacha. I'll still keep playing.

I think I never spend loads of money other than subscribing to monthly $4 membership in some games and save up for a good card. And since free currency is easy to gather in those games, I feel like with good luck, I can build up a good set of cards to get through the rankings.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk

Return to “The Arcade”