The Mafiascum World of Warcraft Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #49 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I'm a complete newbie who's just downloading the trial now. I wouldn't be adverse to accepting help and advice for these however long it is.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Out of curiosity, what's the subscription cost? I forgot to look that up, and I can't find it on Blizzard's site.

I really don't have a preference for a class right off, as I don't have much experience. I usually play fighters types in RPGs, though.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #69 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So, it turns out using Stealth so I can backstab stuff is all sorts of fun. What does that say about me as a person, though?

I appreciate a lot of the feedback, but it seems to be higher level stuff; as a man with a 9th level rogue, I'm more about the here and now, at the moment. Right now, I'm mostly concerned about how I should be leveling up my character, since I'll be entering the world of talents soon. Also, I took Skinning and Leatherworking as my professions, so comments about that would be helpful.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

xRECKONERx wrote:Hey SFG, if me and dram come visit you, we can just go "play WoW" while he "twiddles" his "thumbs", right?

=P
FTFY
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, I'm getting bored of backstabbing stuff, and not too thrilled with PvP. I'm thinking about starting a Pally on a PvE server.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #83 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Okay, I lied, playing around with it again, backstabbing is fun again. If I could figure out how to reassign talent points, though, that'd be great.

The main problem I have is that I don't think the game will be consistently fun enough to subscribe to if I don't have a consistent group of friends to play with. I hate teaming up with randoms in most games; I don't see it becoming any different here.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I played around with a Tauren Druid, as well. They're pretty neat, too.

Also, how do I message you, Reck, given that I have no idea what your name is in-game?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I've hit level 20, and it won't let me level any more. So I suppose I now have to decide if I'm going to keep playing, and if it's worth paying for.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

AGar wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:
Umbrage wrote:I quit WoW a long time ago, and I've never looked back. Total waste of money.
So, Umbridge, do people just say this to get a rise out of people who play, or what?
So, Matt, have you faction changed, or what?

I'm currently enjoying the normal instances with my guild. Sooooo much more fun to tank when the guys you're with are chill and willing to work together.

Also, falling down the elevator in Halls of Origination is a bad, but hilarious, idea. Even a beefy warrior dies.
I died once when I jumped on the elevator in Undercity.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #220 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I swear, I'm gonna get the game, eventually. I just need to get some financial issues sorted out.

I'm thinking of being a mage, next. Any advice?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #222 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

tanstalas wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:I swear, I'm gonna get the game, eventually. I just need to get some financial issues sorted out.

I'm thinking of being a mage, next. Any advice?
Don't

Such a pain in the ass to grind a mage

If you are set on a 'magic user' go Warlock or Priest
Can you be more specific? I am a bit of a newbie, here.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #445 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Damn it, money woes keep stacking up on top of money woes. But I'm still planning on getting in, eventually.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #451 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

dramonic wrote:"Lynch Mob"

:P
And the winner is Dramonic!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #463 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Off the top of my head:

"Daykiller"
"Bulletproof Townies"
"Non-Confirmed Masons"
"Bus Drivers"
"Bandwagon Jumpers"
"Confirmed Innocents"
"One-Shot Vigilantes"
"Scumbuddies"

The law of averages says that one of those has to be not terrible.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #475 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yeah, OMGWS is pretty meh, in my opinion. Non-confirmed Masons works on other grounds, though. I don't think you're going to find a good Mafia name that isn't an in-joke. And why is an in-joke a bad thing, anyway?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1702 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

How about instead of coming back to this, we all come back to GW2?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1763 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 1763, AGar wrote:Does Tans Backstab yet?

Every night, baby.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1889 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:16 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Should just be a movie about a newbie trying to get help to complete the starting area from general chat.

Return to “The Arcade”