The Mass Effect thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I know this game will be destroyed by the fact of Earthgasm. Mass Effect was cool because of Sci-Fi. I'm pleading that you prove me wrong, Bioware.

Oh and I want the last decision in ME2 to make a large change.

I want more Kaidan/Ashley. I want more interesting Garrus. Kill him off and feel my wrath.

Oh, and I never want to go to the Migrant Fleet again. Huge disappointment.

Lastly, I want Miranda to come back, but Jacob can go die in a fire. I doubt that people liked him after they realized that he was not the chill guy that was going to replace Kaidan. Jack can also go away with Samara. They were boring characters.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage wrote:The only characters I would feel OK about losing in the third game are Grunt, Thane, and Miranda. They felt so forced.
Eh. Thane is good for a death scene. Grunt is a Krogan, so that's mean. And Miranda was the only character that had an interesting personality.

With that thought, Solus could take a hike too. He was kind of useless, and now he has no point. To add onto my list, I want a game changing Legion/Tali fight. Side with one, the other takes a hike. No more of this disloyal bullshit. Honestly, really? Disloyal members don't even talk to you, why should they have motivation to fight with you for no money. Makes no sense to me. Zaeed can leave too. He's as useless and un-needed as Mordin. I'd also like a chance to abandon Cerberus just so I don't have to deal with the Illusive Man. He may have connections, but he's annoying.

Oh, and Bioware. Don't make the Citadel crap. ME1 was good, ME2? Really? I went there twice for loyality missions, and there's nothing interesting to do anymore. ME1's Citadel was a Hub World, even if you had a hub ship.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage wrote:Kaidan and Ashley are fine characters. They simply look boring because they're not aliens or genetically modified or whatever.
That's a huge lie and you know it.
Ashley is the biggest human supremacist ever. I was surprised hearing, even though I killed her off, that she wasn't part of Cerberus. FFS.

Kaidan just got crabby at times. However Bioware makes a good case about this. Whenever he does get cranky, he almost always holds onto his head. I can deal with that. Not some bitch that complains about the great Garrus.
ReaperCharlie wrote:"Could you come back later, I'm busy working on some calibrations." -- FFFFFFUUUUU!!
Same reaction as me. Everyone comments on the missions, but Garrus always gives the boring reply. Does he not have any stories? Hell, he kind of seems like a rushed character. In this case, the rushed character isn't so bad either, because it's Garrus of course.

I'll be a bit saddened if most of the characters from ME1 come back to your party in ME3. I liked the new members, excluding Taylor. They just seem to have lost their use after ME2.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by Hiraki »

So um.

Whatever happened to that new ME2 DLC?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Hiraki »

zoraster wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:True; but some of us enjoy a challenge.

I need to play on the hardest setting, still.
oh no doubt. I mean, the challenge is part of the fun and what not, but for me it's almost part of the story. Like I want it to feel kind of hard. But at the same time, let's be honest. I don't really want to have to reload a level 15 times to beat it.

Here's a question for all of you guys:
How often do you save? Do you just let it autosave or do you compulsively save any time it's green rather than gray? I'm in the latter category.
I enjoyed the Autosave in ME2, that was good enough for me. In ME1? HA. I need to save every time I go into a different room that I
know
I might die in. I have almost 50 saves on one play through after the game.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage wrote:Look, I'm not saying it makes perfect sense. It's fantasy. All you can hope for is logical consistency. ME2 has logical consistency and a [REDACTED]. That makes it a hell of a good game.

And yeah, I heard
'Baby' was the code name for the end boss.
Ah. I understand now. I have my own theory on it, tbqh.

Spoiler:
Perhaps it was because the Reapers wanted to make the best human. That's why they wanted Shepard's body so badly. They don't want it for revenge. The Reapers are better than that. So, because they could never get it, they went after normal humans and went for the best average human for the basis for "Baby". The only thing that doesn't fit that theory, is why some crew members were in the Collector holder-things. I'm going to say that those bodies were deemed useless or not needed. That's my best bet though.

esurio wrote:Only 50? :shifty:
I don't die a lot, and I've played the game multiple times. I know where all the horrible peeps are, and where the easy peeps are.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hurt(KILL): Ashley
Heal: Miranda
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage wrote:C'mon, we need new faces! If more people don't start voting I'll reduce the number of hitpoints each character has.
Lower Ashley's to 0 please.

Even if she's a "speciest", she's fucking annoying.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hurt: Ashely

KILL IT
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Hiraki »

Heal: Wrex
Hurt: Jack

Hobos aren't allowed on the Normandy, tyvm.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hurt: Thane

Don't you dare touch my girl Tali.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Hiraki »

We're killing Thane next, then Jack. I can do opposites, but this decision is final.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Hiraki »

You mean Thane, the person with lung disease that'll die after two seconds on Earth, and Jack the biggest threat to everyone on the ship because she's a fucking maniac?

Yeah I mean Jack is funny at times, but she can get really annoying after saying bitch after every 10 seconds.

Also, hurting Miranda?

What the hell. I did her first. I have loyalty to her.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Not really. He comes in at the end of the game, makes one cool assassin move, and then retires. The whole son/father scene during his loyalty mission.

Yuck.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Miranda uses logic, and is never wrong.

Therefore, you're wrong.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute: Sorry, we like stuck up bitches.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Hiraki »

WE GONNA WIN BTICHES.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Hiraki »

KILL THANE WITH ME, AND THEN I'LL GO FOR GRUNT. KK?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Hiraki »

NOES. I CANTS LET MIRANDA DIE.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Hiraki »

hitogoroshi wrote:
Hurt: Samara
Heal: Thane
YOU.

Btw. I bought Arrival and Shadow Broker. They were both entertaining, but...

WHEN YOU MAKE A FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT, DON'T MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS YOU CAN ACTUALLY RE-DO THE MISSION.

SAVING DOESN'T COUNT BTW, BECAUSE NO ONE SAVES IN ME2.

RAGE
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:An idea came to me, whilst I was showering, for ME3: starts out with shep being called in to trial by the Alliance/Council and the LI speaks up in defense of Shep.
Close, I did this in a way that made sure that the Alliance DLC wouldn't have counted. This guy right here is crafty.

Shepard is heading toward Earth, Reapers suddenly close in on X Planet. Stops going to Earth, goes to X planet, other reapers strike Earth, Planet X attack is distraction, easily foiled by Shepard. Half of crew dies or something during attack though, so there goes that. Shepard is fucking pumped, Liara gets in Shadow Broker buddies to help Shepard, while Kaiden/Ashley come back to kick ass with Shepard. They go to Earth, rest of story is on Earth.

Yes, get pissed, but I'm right. ME3 is ME:Earth Edition.

Oh, and the Reapers hump Uranus' resources.

haha ha ha

oh god
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Zachrulez wrote:Well I don't know who I want to hurt now.
THANE PLEASE.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Hiraki »

Rhinox wrote:hmmmmm... maybe my next purchase then. How much does what you did in ME1 effect the plot of ME2? In other words, how much do I have to obsess over making the perfect sheperd to bring over into ME2?
There's a few small things, the ending has some major importance, and you won't know the characters very well. While not all return, most do. Plus, FMPOV, there's more story in ME1 than in ME2 due to the plot of ME2.

Preview Edit:

Doesn't your choice on the ending effect your status of Spectre in the next game? I swore that I read that somewhere. You did forget, however,
who you leave behind on Virmire
and
Spoiler:
if Garrus is to join your party
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Hiraki »

The dialogue is different though, as shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq-FbWbFkR8
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Hiraki »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Hiraki wrote:The dialogue is different though, as shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq-FbWbFkR8
0_o. I had no idea that was possible.

Lol, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYst772Silg
It's actually terribly easy to get rid of Garrus(Note: It is heartbreaking though, because it's fucking Garrus.)

You just avoid all C-Sec activities and go after the Chora's Den/Tali mission. I mean, you do the same thing even if you went to the doctor, so I believe.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Hiraki »

OH SHIT.

THE MASS EFFECT 3 DETAILS.

FUCKING DELICIOUS.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/04/11/mass-e ... ou-got-em/

BEST PART:

Spoiler:
The Illusive Man will be trying to kill Shepard by sending some of the galaxy’s deadliest agents his way. Combat against these adversaries will be more difficult than standard encounters and will have a greater emphasis on melee attacks and shooting specific armor sections

BETTER PART:

Spoiler:
Squad members that are confirmed for the title are Garrus, Liara, and, depending on your previous choices, Kaiden or Ashley. Wrex, Mordin, Anderson, and Legion will make appearances as non-party members provided they survived as well.

ONE OF THESE CHARACTERS MAKES NO SENSE. AND THANK GOD FOR ONE OF THE OTHER ONES.

ALSO, WE ARE MISSING A HUGE MAJOR CHARACTER.
Spoiler:
TALI. WHAT THE FUCK.

OH AND
Spoiler:
MIRANDA. To be clear, I was thinking about this after Arrival. I wanted to see where Miranda's loyalty would lie. I'm going to assume it's still with Cerberus. Damn Illusive Man.

Btw, yes, this whole post did require caps. I guess in retrospective that entire article is sexy, excluding the second to last bullet. That's stupid.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by Hiraki »

esuriospiritus wrote:Relevant link (beware, end of ME2 spoilers): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj4M83Fpj8c
Rage.

Also, yes. I won't buy ME3 if
Tali
isn't in it. =)

@ Hiraki's misfortunate tastes in ME females being so bad.

Spoiler:
HI I'M ASHLEY. YOU HUMAN? LET'S HAVE SEX AND COFFEE. ANYTHING ELSE?
EWW WHAT THE FUCK. GET THE FUCK OUT.
Seriously. And then Jack is just a freak. I always make sure I lose loyalty on her, and make sure not to get it back. Also, I'm still pissed off about the options for the Collector Base, now that you mention it.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Hiraki »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Umbrage wrote:"Players will no longer be required to take cover behind an obstruction before leaping over it."

THANK GOD.
****RRRREEEEEJJJJOOOIIICCCEEE!!!!!****

******HHAAAAAAAAALLELUJAH*******
It wasn't
that
bad.

Heal: Samara
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Hiraki »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Hiraki wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:
Umbrage wrote:"Players will no longer be required to take cover behind an obstruction before leaping over it."

THANK GOD.
****RRRREEEEEJJJJOOOIIICCCEEE!!!!!****

******HHAAAAAAAAALLELUJAH*******
It wasn't
that
bad.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE RUN TOWARD SOMETHING, HOLDING A, AND THEN LET GO AND PRESSED A AGAIN BECAUSE IT WASNT SLIDING INTO COVER, AND THEEEEEN IT SLID INTO COVER AND HOPPED OVER IT, AND I GOT KILLED AND HAD TO GO BACK TO ANOTHER SAVE BECAUSE I WAS ON INSANITY AND THE 3 SECONDS IT TAKES TO GET BACK BEHIND COVER IS WAY TOO MUCH?!??!!
No, but I believe you should try to use less cover. More FPS cover, me thinks.
Mute wrote:cuz Legion was way better than her any time of day (at everything)))
Lies. Legion got old after they named him from the Bible. He's a fucking badass robot. No offense to the Bible, but even Frank would've been a better name.

Plus, Tali is from ME1. Can't abandon those oldies.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Hiraki »

ReaperCharlie wrote:No, the name Legion is SICK. Back off the Bible homeboy ;)
No, Geth is better.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:58 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Heal: Tali
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Hiraki »

Alright, I have the article here. I'm going to post stuff that peeps have missed. There are a lot of spoilers, so be warned. It's the small spoilers, but they add up to bigger spoilers' meaning. It's long too.

Spoiler:
So, from what I read, Earth isn't that major for the plot. A quote from Hudson says, "They've taken the Earth and they're starting to take other parts of the galaxy." I don't get where people are saying that you go back to Earth. Maybe I read it wrong, w/e.

These screenshots look amazing.

Normandy is refined as an Alliance ship. They also add in that it's being checked. Basically, they're trying to say that they modded the Normandy to have more room for more party members. Also gives reason for Cerberus hate, y/n?

Captain Anderson as a party member is entirely possible. To reiterate what that means, there was a demo of the game where Anderson was in a cutscene as a placeholder. Riiight.

I take back the Earth thing, Shepard still wants it on the next page. Plausible chance that the game could have
a lot
of different ways to start and end. Proof? "That's what the opening level is about; How can a hero run away to fight another day, and what plausible solution is there? Answering that is the core of what you're trying to do as a player?" I'm probably just hoping to much that there's a way to place by getting support on and off Earth. Would be majorly cool though.

In ME3 you actually have to destroy Reapers. There's no Reaper "off" button, so I've seen here. Entirely doubtful of the truth to this though.

There will be missions to basically gain the loyalty of races. EX: The genophage infected Krogans are beating up the Salarians. You gain one race's support, lose the other. I really don't get the fucking use of that point, because I think people in this age aren't stupid enough to realize that this big thing will kill two small things. This really upsets me, to be honest.

They also add in that it's entirely impossible to get a race's support, and may require specific choices in ME1 and ME2, just to get one race. If you get what I mean.

There's better CQC, not just PUNCHPUNCHPUNCH. It's Solid Snake style bitches.

They're going for more entertaining than frustrating.

They're basing the game off of ME2's combat system because apparently not many people had problems with it. Oh.

AI can preform coordinated assaults! Like promised in Halo 1-Reach, and every other shooter!

Enemy is much more aggressive. Not sure how I'm supposed to take this.

Wants to do multiplayer, but doesn't know how to preform it. Here's a tip, don't.

Talks about scene with Thrasher Maw fight against Reaper. Fucking crazy.

Reapers can make husks out of ANYTHING. This includes Rachni. Fucking knew it was a good choice to let that queen go.

Bioware can not confirm if James Sanders has anything to do with Kahlee in the novels. Mark that bad boy as they are related.

Some characters are in for a mission, some are in for a cameo appearance. Yuck. However, GI tries to reassure that Bioware is making sure that all characters are having at least a cameo role in ME3. Which means that someone will be left out.

Shepard dying in the end may not be a "bad" thing. Per se, like him dying in the Collector Ship. I guess this could also mean that you could play as someone else after Shepard dies, in order to finish the job, but I'm not really sure. All it's saying is that Shepard can die again, if you weren't able to guess that.

You will lose battles in ME3. I'm guessing it's going to be like the Arrival DLC waves, or something to that point. Will you lose party members in game? That'd be interesting.

Thoughts of ME MMO. More like "WE REALLY WANT TO DO IT AFTER ME3."

Less loading, apparently.

Bioware really doesn't want to spoil the plot. Apparently there's a reason to fight against the Reapers, but telling us it would ruin the story. So I guess there is a "Reaper Off" button. Disappointed. Unless of course, this is part of my own theory that Shepard will blow the Earth up.

There's going to be little vehicle action in the main plot of the game.

Will be some advantage to beating ME2 with the points system.

Mineral scanning will be changed. Dunno why though.

More things in ME1 will effect ME3.

Bioware wants variety in battlefields. They want to get away from large arenas with obvious cover. The irony.

And that's about it.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Heal: Wrex

No.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:43 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Bribe him everything. I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it.

Heal:Tali
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Hiraki »

NO YOU CAN'T.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:Hiraki why do you have that godawful avatar, btw?
BECAUSE IT'S AMAZING.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:A support character at best is amazing?

Well this further explains your love of Tali.. :igmeou:
Tali is needed for the plot. Also, since when is Yamato a support character?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:Tali was needed for the plot only if you didn't get the info from Fist.
She was never needed.

-5 points from RC.
Fuck. Could you seriously get the information from Fist?

AKA: CAN I BEAT ME1 WITHOUT TALI OR GARRUS?

THAT'D BE FUCKING AWESOME.

Or am I reading it wrong as if that was the only place where she was needed?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1023 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:Tali forces herself into the party. You, as a renegade, had the option to tell her "I don't want you on the team," but Anderson/Udina strongarm her in.
You get the info from fist that he gave it to some quarian bitch.
Then you can let wrex kill him, or kill him yourself, or let him live.

Tali was, is, and always will be a useless character. Idgaf about quarian culture.
Oh. I see.

Tali is still needed because of ME2. Would've never made it passed those Geth w/o her squad.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1025 (isolation #39) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:Lol what geth? Oh, you mean on the MISSION TO RECRUIT HER WHICH IS ENTIRELY SKIPPABLE?
:igmeou:
NO, BECAUSE THEN YOU DON'T HAVE A LEGION/TALI FIGHT.

SEE?

NOW SHE'S CENTRAL TO THE PLOT.

SPOILER TIME.

The example of my spoilers in ME3 about Salarians and Krogan? Yeah, there were two. The other was the Quarians trying to get back on their home planet, which the Geth invaded.

IF YOU READ THAT BOY, YOU'LL REALIZE SHE'S PROBABLY A KEY PLOT POINT.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (isolation #40) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Btw. I'm playing ME1 again because I can't feel good about having two good characters entering ME3. However, I'm stuck on the infamous Benezia fight.

Any tips, other then going away and going back?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (isolation #41) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:
Hiraki wrote:Btw. I'm playing ME1 again because I can't feel good about having two good characters entering ME3. However, I'm stuck on the infamous Benezia fight.

Any tips, other then going away and going back?
Uhh yeah.. don't get hit by her biotics and glitch into the landscape, and keep the environment blocking the two of you, and focus on her squad of troopers instead of fighting her.
<____<

I'm intrigued on the getting glitched into the landscape part though. Explain that more?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Hiraki »

Otolia wrote:PS : Contrary to popular belief, Vanguard/Nemesis is doable in the highest difficulty in both ME1 and ME2 though harder in ME2
Yeah, I'm doing a Vanguard run through.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (isolation #43) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hurt: Jack
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (isolation #44) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Hiraki »

DAMN IT. WE WERE SO CLOSE WITH JACK.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (isolation #45) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Hiraki »

DIE.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (isolation #46) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Hiraki »

1) BioWare won't change anything now.

2) Multiplayer Game by 2012, MMO by 2015, 7 Disc Trilogy Collection for ~120. Mainly for Wii2 users.

Yes, I come from the future.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:How did you survive the blast??
You mean 2012?

Eh. Top Secret. Can't make stuff up on the go.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Hiraki »

I say do a Harvey Dent. That's just me though.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I think I mean to flip a coin.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Hiraki »

He could've said Tails.

Which means that Thane wouldn't die.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Hiraki »

EWBOP: Hey so I was thinking.

Spoiler:
Why didn't they aim to crash the asteroid in the mass relay(This is Arrival DLC mind you)
after
the Reapers had arrived? It could've put a real dent in the Reaper's arsenal.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage wrote:Because of a sneaky tactic called MOVING THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY.
Spoiler:
But Shepard could've been like. "NORMANDY. I'MA BLOW UP THIS SHIT AND THE REAPERS." and waited 5 more seconds. Reapers come in, do a Halo-Esque Suicide, Mass Relay blows up, 50% of Reaper Army has died of Asteroid disease.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (isolation #54) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage wrote:How could he have timed it like that? Besides, [REDACTED] knew what was going on and would've called the whole thing off.
But then wouldn't [REDACTED] know that [REDACTED] was going to do the whole thing anyway?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage wrote:Mass Relays are all interconnected. Once you hit one, you can bounce to another.

It wouldn't have worked.
That fast? Doubtful.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (isolation #56) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Hiraki »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Dude, except for the loading screens, it'd be instantaneous! :P

It's not like hyperspace; it's like MAGIC.
But wouldn't you still need to leave it? You can't just say "MASS RELAY. TAKE ME HOME NOW." there's a whole process.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (isolation #57) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hurt:Thane
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (isolation #58) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:00 am

Post by Hiraki »

VP Baltar wrote:And a finial note, if Conrad doesn't play a big role in ME3 (I'm hoping for squad mate) I'll fucking riot!!!!!
Spoiler:
If you keep him alive, he suicides himself with loads of explosives. Inside Harbinger.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (isolation #59) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hurt: Kasumi
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (isolation #60) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Hiraki »

I'm hurting.

So that's good.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (isolation #61) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hurt: Mordin
Heal: Kasumi
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1202 (isolation #62) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Hiraki »

WHAT.

SAMARA/MORINTH?

THE DRIVING FORCE FOR COOL ASARIS?

FFS.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (isolation #63) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Hiraki »

NO.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1224 (isolation #64) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Nihilus is in it though.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1228 (isolation #65) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (isolation #66) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Hiraki »

YOU ALL ARE SCREWING WITH ME.

THEREFORE, I'M GOING TO KILL EVERYONE YOU LOVE THE MOST.

JUST TO SCREW AROUND.

HA

HA
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1237 (isolation #67) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:You already killed Zaeed. Garrus and Legion have the most health.
GOOD LUCK.
KATSUMI.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (isolation #68) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:Idgaf about her.
Who do you care about?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (isolation #69) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:Not Tali obviously.
THAT I LIKE.

AKA: WHO SHOULD I ELIMINATE.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (isolation #70) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Hiraki »

HURT: HIRAKI
HEAL: MUTE
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (isolation #71) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Hiraki »

SOMEONE HELP ME HAMMER KASUMI AT 12:00
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (isolation #72) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Hiraki »

RECK.

SERIOUSLY?

I FUCKING LOVE YOU.

JUST BOLD IT NOW.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1250 (isolation #73) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:Did I already go for today?
UM...

YES.

I'M GOING TO SAY YES, AND YOU WON'T CHECK FOR AN HOUR AND 40 MINUTES.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1252 (isolation #74) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Hiraki »

NO.

I WILL SAVE TALI.

AND ADMIT IT.

YOU WANT TO SAVE KASUMI, BUT KNOW IT'S INEVITABLE.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1254 (isolation #75) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Hiraki »

=|
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (isolation #76) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Hiraki »

The Prize?

NO>

Ag[saklgal;g;lk

YOU

DOUCHE.

WASN"T READY.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (isolation #77) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Hiraki »

NOW EVERYONE. HEAL TALI.

PLEASE.

FOR THE SAKE OF QUARIAN KIND. DO IT.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (isolation #78) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Hiraki »

YEAH. MUTE DID IT.

WE GOT TO KILL LEGION NOW.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1266 (isolation #79) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:Hiraki, of all the people you could try to get to rally against, you'll have a hard time with Legion. They're the epitome of coolness.
it
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (isolation #80) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by Hiraki »

But you're talking about Legion, the name of a character.

A character. "A" denoting one.

Chidori.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1271 (isolation #81) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Legion is a unique geth mobile platform, designed to operate outside the Perseus Veil and interact with organics directly.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (isolation #82) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:a mobile platform
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (isolation #83) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Hiraki »

DAMN RIGHT.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1279 (isolation #84) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Brownie points aren't counted on the plane of reason. I think that's what's off.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (isolation #85) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Post by Hiraki »

='(
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (isolation #86) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Liara is number two though.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1294 (isolation #87) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute.

You're becoming overwhelmed.

Don't worry this won't be painful.

It'll be your death.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (isolation #88) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Garrus.

UGH.

CAN'T HURT

BUT CAN.

MUST HURT FOR MUTE'S SAKE

Hurt: Wrex
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (isolation #89) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by Hiraki »

waat

I thought you said you didn't care about Legion though.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1326 (isolation #90) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Hiraki »

^

Sniped that last spot.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (isolation #91) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hurt: Garrus
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (isolation #92) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Hiraki »

THE RULE OF TALI IS BEGINNING.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (isolation #93) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:Miri won't be either unless you romanced her.
DAMN RIGHT.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (isolation #94) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (isolation #95) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I know Reaper but um.

Can't you just take Umbrage's opinion so I don't have to? <_____>
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (isolation #96) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:35 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hurt: Mordin
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (isolation #97) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Hiraki »

THE (COOL) ASARI.

tyvm.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1447 (isolation #98) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Hiraki »

TALI.

SHE'S NOT DEAD RIGHT?

FFS RC. YOU SCARED ME.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1451 (isolation #99) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Hiraki »

RC. YOU SHOULD THREATEN MODKILLS IF TALI DIES.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1458 (isolation #100) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage wrote:The Tali obsession is so stupid...

And the worst part is that geeks go I'M SO SWEET AND SENSITIVE CUZ I DIDN'T CHOOSE THE HOT ONE!11
WHAT'S SO WRONG ABOUT THE TRUTH?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1463 (isolation #101) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Hiraki »

RUSH HIM.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (isolation #102) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Hiraki »

YOU TRAITOR.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (isolation #103) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Hiraki »

noooo

im dying
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1476 (isolation #104) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Hiraki »

ASSKLGKA

TALI

THIS IS WHAT I WAKE UP TO?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (isolation #105) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Hiraki »

REAPER CHARLIE.

YOU COULD'VE SAVED.

I AM VERY ASHAMED OF YOU.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (isolation #106) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage wrote:She is the most interesting 6-D character BioWare will ever make. I romanced her on all of my playthroughs, it was beautiful and pleasurable.
FTFY
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (isolation #107) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Hiraki »

Garrus isn't a warlord.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1502 (isolation #108) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Hiraki »

DUDE

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

MIRANDA DROVE THE PLOT.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1505 (isolation #109) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:If by "plot" you mean your erection, then yes.
And if by Miranda you mean Tali, yes of course.
I lol'd.

Mute wrote:Dude within five minutes of getting the new normandy you can tell the bitch to go fuck herself, it's your ship.
How is she important if you can tell her to go fuck herself, and she just takes it?
>_>
BECAUSE SHE BELIEVES IN YOU.

SHE'S THE ONLY REASON THAT MASS EFFECT 2 HAPPENED. THE ILLUSIVE MAN WAS LIKE "hey who can we manipulaet?" and then miranda was liek "shepard"

WHOLE FIRST SEQUENCE OF ME2.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (isolation #110) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:Yeah, except EVEN TIM THOUGHT THAT TOO. If not he'd say "Hmmm.... Shepard's
okaaaaaay
, but we're Cerberus bitch. We can do better."
and no, ME2 only happened cuz Shep killed Sovereign in ME1. Get yer shit straight. >_>
BUT TIM WASN'T CONVINCED. THAT'S WHAT MIRANDA DID.

Plus, Jacob couldn't do what Miranda did.

Spoiler:
I have a feeling Miranda's dad might have a big lead in ME3 too btw.

Y'know because
Spoiler:
he
has a lot of Cerberus files for chasing
Spoiler:
Miranda

Might be replaced by Liara's
Spoiler:
Shadow Broker
files.

SPOILER TAGS EVERYWHERE.

And no, I don't mean that. ME2 would've ended at the Collector Attack if Miranda didn't do something about it with Liara and the Blue Suns.

Come on, Mass Effect Redemption or GTFO.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1526 (isolation #111) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Hiraki »

Heal: Liara

And what Zach said.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (isolation #112) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Hiraki »

GUYS.

THIS GAME WILL BE DECIDED AT 12:01 P.M. EST

SO BE THERE OR BE SQUARE.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1603 (isolation #113) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Reaper has ruined this game. Good job.

^^^

I will now be playing the side of a wild card. I don't care who wins between Liara and Legion, and either or will make a suitable victor.
Give me a reason why I should side with you and your vote. Hiraki is an exception, however, as whomever he chooses I am duty-bound to oppose.
I LOVE LEGION.

FUCK LIARA.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1605 (isolation #114) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Hiraki »

ender241 wrote:
Hiraki wrote:
Mute wrote:

^^^

I will now be playing the side of a wild card. I don't care who wins between Liara and Legion, and either or will make a suitable victor.
Give me a reason why I should side with you and your vote. Hiraki is an exception, however, as whomever he chooses I am duty-bound to oppose.
I LOVE LEGION.

FUCK LIARA.

Screw them both, Wrex ftw.
You're a bit late.

It's the finale. With Legion and Liara.

But you have to wait until 12 EST, because of some disputes.

You'd realize this if you read the thread~
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1607 (isolation #115) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Hiraki »

I didn't mean that.

Just popping up on Page 65, and ignoring what I had previously said about votes is a bit annoying though.

Y'know. Page 60 wouldn't be so bad.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (isolation #116) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Hiraki »

VP Baltar wrote:
Hiraki wrote:
Mute wrote:

^^^

I LOVE LEGION.

FUCK LIARA.

Obv. WIFOM is obv.

Time to give Legion victory Mute. Also, RC messed up the game after it took eons to get to this spot, so now you're obligated to show him what happens to cheaters. Don't let some noobs that haven't trudged through this long ass game ruin the results!
The robot doesn't deserve first. If you can say that Tali doesn't add to the story, I'd like to see how Legion does.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1624 (isolation #117) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Hiraki »

Haylen wrote:He's gay and I'm female. What do I get out of it?
Cure of your cooties.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1627 (isolation #118) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Hiraki »

BUT REAPER DIDN'T P.M. ME

AM I LIKE AN ABANDONED CHILD NOW?

IS THIS THE END?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (isolation #119) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Hiraki »

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH ATTENTION ON THE DAY THAT IT TAKES A HIATUS?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1644 (isolation #120) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Hiraki »

VP Baltar wrote:New rule: Your join date has to be before 2010 to vote in this competition. There, that should take care of the Liara lovers.
='(
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1649 (isolation #121) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:BTW, Legion in ME2 is for culturalization as Tali was in ME1. You get to see the other side of the argument, much like how in ME2 you see the sorta-kinda non-terroristic side to Cerberus.
OH.

SO TALI IS IMPORTANT.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1651 (isolation #122) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Hiraki »

But Legion comes right before the last mission.

I was wondering where he was before I found him in the Reaper IFC mission. I actually remember reading somewhere, maybe the ME Wiki, that Legion was originally supposed to be before the prison(Can't remember name, don't care). This already shows me that the developers just wanted to throw him in.

Which is annoying.

You can't even sex him up.

Then again, Legion is
a
mobile platform. So that's no gender and stuff.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (isolation #123) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Hiraki »

DOES THIS MEAN TALI IS STILL IN?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1656 (isolation #124) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hiraki wrote:DOES THIS MEAN TALI IS STILL IN?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (isolation #125) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Just trying to lighten the mood. <___<
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1665 (isolation #126) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Interesting.

I would've loved to see that happen.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1679 (isolation #127) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Hiraki »

WHYS.

WHYS DID I MISS THIS.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (isolation #128) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Hiraki »

esuriospiritus wrote:
Hiraki wrote:WHYS.

WHYS DID I MISS THIS.

Because ReaperCheater got bitchslapped by karma, and it just so happened to bite you in the ass too. :P
CAN I HAVE LAST-STAND LIARA?

AND THEN I HEAL HER TO VICTORY?

AND BECOME A HERO?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (isolation #129) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Hiraki »

Kill: Mute's Actions
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1701 (isolation #130) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Hiraki »

HA. GETTING PAST THAT PART?

HA.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1703 (isolation #131) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I'm being serious though.

In my first playthrough, I was stuck on that part and the big collector battle on Horizon(?) for about a week.

You just need to be really lucky. Also, focus on Harbinger with a sniper. That usually works.

Also, don't use the pussy sniper rifle that gives you 20 shots but they barely do any damage. Do the ME1 themed one.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1708 (isolation #132) » Mon May 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Post by Hiraki »

He's talking about the Collector Ship.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1755 (isolation #133) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:For the better.
Would you want them to skimp out on squadmate interaction dialogue on missions? Would you want there to be bugs out the ass? Would you want it to be terribad? I am glad it's delayed.
SORRY, BUT I NEED MY DAILY INFLUENCE OF TALI PORN, AND SHIT.

IT'S GETTING WORSE AND WORSE. MORE ON SCREEN TALI MEANS BETTER ME.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (isolation #134) » Mon May 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I love how Mute doesn't say fuck Tali, and asks us for the option.'
<____<
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1810 (isolation #135) » Mon May 09, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Hiraki »

SMB Part 2.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1824 (isolation #136) » Tue May 10, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Hiraki »

Super Mario Brothers.

Y'know.

The movie.

Pre-Edit: You fucking ninja.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1834 (isolation #137) » Tue May 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Kaidan was already a badass. He just had bad teeth in ME1.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1836 (isolation #138) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by Hiraki »

What gave you that impression?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (isolation #139) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Hiraki »

But his training was being torrured to push his limits, IIRC. He wasn't a pussy because he was emotional, he was one becausehe always felt physical pain,and he had a rough childhood.

He was a better Jack.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1840 (isolation #140) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Jack didn't have tits.

If Bioware ever released a naked photo of Jack, the nipples would be tattoo-d over. Not for any censoring reasons, because she doesn't have any.

She's already in PMS though, so why does it matter?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1863 (isolation #141) » Thu May 12, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Hiraki »

FOCUS ON TALI AND KAIDAN AND I WILL PAY YOU MORE MONEY FOR YOUR OVERPRICED "expanded" EDITION.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1865 (isolation #142) » Thu May 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Yes they do.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1867 (isolation #143) » Thu May 12, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Why do you love the racist bastard? Don't me wrong, I love people like that(Jack's personality), but not only does she have critical logic flaws(Not her faith in god, but her reasoning), and she's a total pussy. As in, she stands down whenever Shepard be hatin'.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1869 (isolation #144) » Thu May 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Not really.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1905 (isolation #145) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mute wrote:
and I hope the one I heard about piloting a 50-foot-tall mech to take on a reaper was a lie
I'm pretty sure the GI Article on ME3 confirmed this. It sounds
really
familiar.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1914 (isolation #146) » Mon May 16, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Hiraki »

Spoiler:
Same sex.

Interesting to see how that cookie plays out.

Spoiler:
Hey Liara! I'm screwing Garrus now. Sorry!

Gasp.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (isolation #147) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Hiraki »

Well yeah.

But you get my point.

<___<
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1918 (isolation #148) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Hiraki »

You could switch Liara with a different character.

Like Ashley.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1955 (isolation #149) » Sat May 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I've stopped buying movies unless it's something I want, and it's under 20 dollars.

Netflix is pro.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1970 (isolation #150) » Sun May 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite series. Keep in mind this though.

You'll want to buy every game and play through them. There are a lot of cliff-hangers. Especially between ACII, and AC:B. Most of the questions from AC1 are answered in ACII, except for some. However, ACII manages to pile more shit on the questionmobile only which a small handful are answered in AC:B. We're all waiting for Revelations.

The plot will get really fucking stupid/retarded/WTF. That depends on how into the game you are. At first it was "retarded" for me, but when I got into it, the AC:B ending was more WTF. Also know that everything that happens in the endings have a meaning, even the smallest little detail.

Finally, in ACI realize that while being out of the Animus is pretty boring, you should try to interact with Lucy and Dr. for most of the time. Not only do you get an achievement for talking with Lucy, but you learn a lot about the plot and have the potential to do so.

/ontopic

ME3!
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1991 (isolation #151) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Hiraki »

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172200p1.html

You mean.

Thoughts:

Yuck.
They have female?
CQC
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2003 (isolation #152) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Hiraki »

If they fixed how fast Shepard responds moreso than ME2, then they have achieved godliness, btw.

Edit: I can't stand playing ME1 anymore because of how slow the game feels.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2005 (isolation #153) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I'll be honest.

That's the only reason why I won't have 10 runthroughs when ME3 starts.

It's a drag compared to ME2.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2009 (isolation #154) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Hiraki »

WHY IS EVERYONE A SLOWPOKE?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2020 (isolation #155) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Haha.

Going with RC's gambit with the votes and expecting something back.

That's preposterous! Especially now since you posted in the thread.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2030 (isolation #156) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:33 pm

Post by Hiraki »

A collector edition, you say?

Kekehehegegegeghehehe.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2056 (isolation #157) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I'd like it.

Co-Op Playthroughs with the others screwing around with other people too?

That'd be
awesome.

Rarely used, but awesome.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2058 (isolation #158) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Hiraki »

DAMN RIGHT.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2060 (isolation #159) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Hiraki »

ME MULTIPLAYER.

IT'S HAPPENING.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2133 (isolation #160) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Hiraki »

so is tali
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2143 (isolation #161) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:43 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2142, JDodge wrote:Right then, carrying on from my fallout shelter posts:

The more and more I think on the ending, the less and less I liked it - it was kind of like Lost's ending in that it left a lot of questions sort of hanging in the air and only really brought closure to a few personal plotlines (mostly Shepard's). This is something that could have been fixed with a simple epilogue or something, and now I have that horrible horrible feeling in the bottom of my stomach that we're going to be getting DLC for after the ending (which annoys me since the ending had a large amount of finality to it).

Will do paragon femshep run at some point over the next few days in order to give you guys more opinions on that side of things. Mostly because Martin Sheen is an amazing actor and I want to see his scenes with Jennifer Hale instead of with not-Jennifer Hale.
eh.

i heard about the ending(boycott's over early then)

um

you know, I really need to see it to actually have a good opinion on it

so march 20th

write it in your calendars

because that's 10 days after naruto, and is a good span for a fighting game into a long game
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2154 (isolation #162) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:00 am

Post by Hiraki »

JDodge wrote:The likely reason for "the game sucks" people is because of the ending (which I empathize with, as someone who gets increasingly jaded on the ending the more I think about it) or because of the high body count (the game really does have an "anyone can die" feel to it; a lot of the choices you make lead to popular characters dying).

JDodge wrote:(the game really does have an "anyone can die" feel to it; a lot of the choices you make lead to popular characters dying)

boycott's over boys
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2161 (isolation #163) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:17 am

Post by Hiraki »

Alright, so I thought about it.

And I'm not buying Naruto until that price drops because there's only like 15 new characters. That's not worth 60 bucks. Even a game where I'll rage at the end is worth more.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2163 (isolation #164) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:25 am

Post by Hiraki »

Can anyone comment on the multiplayer? Specifically the maps.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2168 (isolation #165) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Hiraki »

how did you guys get around the face bug?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2170 (isolation #166) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:49 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2169, zoraster wrote:
In post 2168, Hiraki wrote:how did you guys get around the face bug?

just made a new one?
no thanks

i need my richard shepard to be the richard from ME1

or the experience is ruined

EDIT: just found out from my little "lol this is your legacy thus far" that I fucking destroyed the genophage data

and i'm fucking paragon? what the fuck is wrong with me.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2172 (isolation #167) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2171, zoraster wrote:you already missed out by going male, but there you are.
that's true too

but I have another coming up that's female

and renegade

kicking ass, that is
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2180 (isolation #168) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:24 am

Post by Hiraki »

I like Mass Effect 3.

haven't gotten to the ending yet of course

especially since I had to put in Disc 2 after about 2 hours(I did an optional mission though so ehhhh)
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2182 (isolation #169) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hiraki wrote:EDIT: just found out from my little "lol this is your legacy thus far" that I fucking destroyed the genophage data

and i'm fucking paragon? what the fuck is wrong with me.
"I heard you destroyed the genophage data"

oh you fucking piece of crap me in ME2

Edit: fuck you bioware

making me feel bad for letting go of hot ass and then seeing tears

I had to re-do my save for that moment to save it

and i wanted alenko

for fuck's sake

why
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2188 (isolation #170) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by Hiraki »

r/masseffect is very humorous right now(in anger, mind you)

I'd like to bring up a new point that I'm surprised didn't pop up anytime before. I haven't read the leaked script, but could that have anything to do with this entire fiasco?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (isolation #171) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2207, JDodge wrote:The more and more I hear, the more the
"Shepard is indoctrinated and that isn't the real ending" theory makes sense. I am now going to move to being pissed off that Bioware didn't have time to finish the fucking ending but had time to make D1 DLC.

Saying HA WHAT A GREAT MINDFUCK does not excuse releasing an unfinished product.
Spoiler:
as much as I agree with you, this is EA we're talking about

it's not like "We need to delay the game one more time for more additions"

it's more like "Release the fucking game now."

I think I understand now, if the indoctrination theory is true(which to be quite honest it does make a load of sense) why they did it. Mass Effect at their moment is their baby. You think they like KOTOR?

Also, realize that KOTOR was one of the largest investments that EA has ever made(if not the largest overall so I've heard) That doesn't really leave a load of room for Mass Effect.

tl;dr: yes I would be satisfied with ending DLC, though I would be extremely hesitant to buy it

and the D1 DLC was planned(due to script leak and mod package leak), that makes the indoctrination theory have even more credibility

EDIT: This isn't really spoilerish yay!

If you have Kinect use it. The game is
much
better with it. And this is someone who thinks that Kinect was a complete and utter waste of money(I didn't buy it mind you)

Edit 2: aw fuck.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... ex/9999272

Casey on after Mass Effect 3
"Whatever we do would likely happen before or during the events of Mass Effect 3, not after"

Then again...

Spoiler:
this is casey hudson speaking
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2221 (isolation #172) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 am

Post by Hiraki »

Why does everyone think we want a happy ending?

I have absolutely no qualms about Shepard dying(untrue, I'd probably like him to live) but I'd like an ending more if it made sense.

(PSSST. THIS ONE THAT I'VE SEEN SO FAR DOESN'T)

Edit: Eh. This post requires spoilers.

Spoiler:
What I mainly don't understand is
how
someone gets indoctrinated.

In addition, why would the Reapers, if they indoctrinated you(which I'm pretty sure is what happened at this point) allow you to have the choice to destroy them?

That just seems stupid.

This ending just doesn't give closure. It shows you how everything ends in Shepard's mind, but we really don't know if that's reality.

If anyone dares says that indoctrination isn't what happened, I'd like to know how/why you'd think that.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2223 (isolation #173) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Spoiler:
It's not the itself choice that matters to me, it's the reason that the Reapers would even think about allowing the choice to be available. It's basically saying "lol, you can help us, and we'll even make it look good, but you can also hurt us"

While that may be part of mental psychology, as far as I'm concerned Shepard is ultimately unaware of his condition. That's the whole point of indoctrination.

Which leads to another good point I got when reading your post.

Why did the perfect ending only become unlocked when EMS was at the maximum potential?

That kind of seems stupid from a story standard.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2225 (isolation #174) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Spoiler:
By perfect I meant synthesis. There's no reason EMS should've mattered, unless yknow.

See, I understand that Bioware was trying to do indoctrination, the problem is that they did it incorrectly. Of course, if you just read that you're probably snorting that milk you're drinking because I'm now Bioware.

Well, no I'm not, but I do know one thing.

With indoctrination, Shepard has to be lured into the idea that all of his actions are good. Bioware does a flawless job with this. If you were Shepard, then you'd never know you were indoctrinated until the very last second.

However, the plain and simple fact is that you're not Shepard. You're (enternamehere) and you can choose what Shepard does. You're not indoctrinated. The only reason people actually became indoctrinated for a second was due to Bioware's system of paragon v/s renegade choices. If they never kept it to the paragon being top and renegade being bottom, then this would never happen. Bioware would've came out of Mass Effect 3 with praise.

But they didn't do that, and therefore people assumed and will their reputation never revert back to its former glory. Quote me on this one boys.

Edit: I don't believe I fairly addressed your first point, well I kind of did but I wanted to add this in after two seconds of thought. Yes, the Reapers have to give another solution, but that doesn't mean they have to label it out.

Like you said, Shepard could've killed the Reapers but didn't have to.

Well, they could've just left that part out as well. Then again, I could see the counterargument that Saren knew he could give up. That's fair. The same goes for Shepard though. At the end, he's really resisting what the Star Child says. As many have pointed out, and I believe I even saw a fan-made ending including this idea, Shepard could basically say "fuck you and your choices" and do something else.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2228 (isolation #175) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:05 am

Post by Hiraki »

The snipers in this game are by far the most OP snipers in the history of the games

I don't know why you could even call an infiltrator bad. I also don't understand why more people don't use infiltrators.

It's disgusting how easy it is to play.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2231 (isolation #176) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2230, UltimaAvalon wrote:I find Infiltrators hard to play because single player made me too used to the time slowdown that tactical cloak and mods give me. Am enjoying my Krogan Soldier though
I never used tactical cloak in single player to be honest. It's my substitute in multiplayer. I haven't done much in multiplayer, but the only soldier that I liked so far(I have the BF3, Male, Female and Turian I believe) I liked the male(and I'm not sure if BF3 also applied for it) because of the rage ability.

That thing is a killer.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2236 (isolation #177) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage wrote:
Spoiler:
The key isn't 'make Shepard do something for the Reapers in a dream', it's 'make Shepard think that killing the Reapers isn't the best option'. The fact that you called Synthesis the perfect ending shows it was working.

It was hinted at briefly before in the conversation with TIM. To survive, you HAVE to use the interrupt. That's BW's way of telling you: to survive this, you have to be renegade. Normal paragon goody-two-shoes actions won't save you.

Spoiler:
Hmm. I never thought of it in the second way. That is quite a nice way of thinking about it.

Your first point still doesn't answer the question though.

That would mean that Bioware was going for the player indoctrination theory. That seemed a bit too crazy to me, but it seems a bit more plausible now after thinking about it.

JDodge wrote:
properly upgraded tactical cloak gives you a massive damage bonus every 4.4 sec (80% + 40% damage bonus); there's also a slight amount of latency where you can fire off a sniper shot followed very very quickly by an incinerate while keeping the tactical cloak's cd (in SP at least; not sure about MP)

basically, you can fire off a sniper shot at 220% damage with a free incinerate every 4 and a half seconds
That's weird.

I must've been stupid or something.

I always use Tactical in multiplayer and in singleplayer. Tactical doesn't give any attributes(to my best knowledge) on multi player.

Edit: these are ending spoilers I got there now

Spoiler:
I'm going to do a full on analysis.

Hold the fucking phone.

The "kill all synthetics" choice is the good choice?

Let me quote the one thing the fuckchild says

"even you are partly synthetic"

Oh you mean like, 100%? They said in the Cerberus Assault Mission that Shepard was partially braindead.

how the fuck does he survive

There's no fucking way this is the good ending.

It's as bad as the other ones.

Okay so next ending.

"So the TIM was right"
"yes, but he could never control us because we controlled him"

So basically, what I've seen here is that you
can't
choose this ending because we're all under a good impression that you're indoctrinated already.

WHAT THE FUCK BIOWARE.

THIS IS RETARDED. THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS. AND FUCK, THERE IS NOTHING POSITIVE ABOUT THE CRUCIBLE.

I didn't get enough EMS. So I can't do perfect. I was only a 100 off I think. #lazy

fuck you bioware
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2238 (isolation #178) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:47 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2237, Umbrage wrote:
But you DON'T DIE!!!!!

That's the whole point! The Fuckchild doesn't exist, it's a personality Harbringer created! He's lying to Shepard, trying to convince him NOT to choose the destruction ending by saying it will kill Shepard!

After you choose Destruction, Shepard wakes up, having successfully fought off the indoctrination attempt.
Spoiler:
hmm

this is true

but consistently annoying as fuck
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2245 (isolation #179) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:54 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2242, Knight of Cydonia wrote:The only reason any evidence for indoctrination exists is because that plotline was cut by the writers because Casey Hudson wanted LOTS OF SPECULATION. From RPS:" A longer, more expository conclusion was originally planned, and would have gone further into the origins of the ME3 universe and the backstory of the Reapers, but in last-minute meetings at the end of 2011 Hudson and co ultimately settled on something which would require %u2018lots of speculation%u2019 in preference to explaining away the nature of their fictional universe. The question, I suppose, is whether they were successful in that."
Spoiler:
which is just another reason that he can go fuck himself

Rhinox wrote:So I'm around 20hrs in now. As predicted, I still don't feel like I'm that close to the ending yet
What the hell have you been doing?

Rhinox wrote:
The game has been great fun so far, even though it feels more like Mass Effect 2-B rather than full 3rd evolution of the game. I appreciate the little things like tracking down all the old ship replica's for shepard's cabin, and finding the space hamster. Thing I'm dissappointed I missed
There's actually a load of things that happen if you don't play all three games with DLC.

They're small but a lot.

In post 2244, Umbrage wrote:It's not bad. It's incomplete, which is probably worse.
I'd rather bad than incomplete, to be completely serious.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2247 (isolation #180) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:23 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2246, Rhinox wrote:
In post 2245, Hiraki wrote:What the hell have you been doing?

Well I'm a bit OCD, but I do every side mission I can before advancing the next priority mission at any given point in time (mass effect has a nasty habit of having missable sidequests that you can't complete on the mission list and you can't make them go away - that really messes with me). After every mission, priority or side, I make my rounds through the normandy talking to everyone in the ship to hear what they have to say - they usually have something new to say each time, often some humorous comments. Also, when I'm doing missions, I clear sections meticulously, and do my best to make sure I find every possible item pickup. Every time I go to the citadel, I make the entire rounds there, talking to everyone I can, and listen to all the proximity side stories - actually I think by now I've completed all/most of them. I like the one about the human girl leaving her husband for the asari, and the asari with PTSD. I've listened to all of Blasto already too.

So, thats why its taken me roughly 20hrs to get through only a 3rd of the game so far :P
Ah.

That makes sense.

I usually just talk to
Spoiler:
EDI.

If a cutscene is activated with able dialogue, then I go around the ship.

Those damn elevators.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2256 (isolation #181) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I still have that little light of hope

that Bioware planned all of this
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2260 (isolation #182) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2257, Umbrage wrote:HOLY FUCK

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... bled=false

I have no idea what to make of this. Not sure if they're just caving into pressure or if this is all part of their plan.
there's no source
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (isolation #183) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:07 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2261, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 2260, Hiraki wrote:
In post 2257, Umbrage wrote:HOLY FUCK

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... bled=false

I have no idea what to make of this. Not sure if they're just caving into pressure or if this is all part of their plan.
there's no source

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

"‘Mass Effect 3’ ending will be changed after video-gamer backlash, Bioware announces"

find anything close to that in the announcement

i dare you

"Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue."

closest I got

"Bioware announced Wednesday on its website that it will redo the ending to its fabled space trilogy."

I've actually lost a load of credibility for the Daily News after seeing that little gem.

they even go to pull a LOL

"The shape of the new ending also remains unknown. It could be a full-fledged shift, an add-on or a more subtle adjustment, and could arrive as downloadable content or a free update. All of this is to be revealed in the coming weeks."

so basically, they have no clue and are making up bullshit

this, my friends, is why articles are important and their titles are stupid
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2267 (isolation #184) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:51 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2264, Rhinox wrote:
In post 2263, Hiraki wrote:"Bioware announced Wednesday on its website that it will redo the ending to its fabled space trilogy."

And if you actually read the Bioware press release and not the article, you'll see it doesn't actually say anything about redo-ing the ending at all.

"Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of
game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey.
You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue."

This is what they say they're doing. Its more than a huge stretch to say that means they're redo-ing anything.
That's kind of the point I was making...

And anywho,

good fight guys

http://imgur.com/eMYVd
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2279 (isolation #185) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:58 am

Post by Hiraki »

@espirto: You picked the wrong choice.

Spoiler:
Synthesis is actually the explicit reason that the indoctrination theory arose. Saren says in his ending speech "blahblah the reapers only want to merge"

Control is what TIM picked, which is also bad.

Destroy is the only good option. That's what's horrible about this ending(besides the other facts)

There's nothing good except for one choice. Mass Effect has always been about doing things either the good way or the bad way. There's only one way this time though.

This goes hand in hand with shooting TIM as well.

I don't mind bad endings. What I do mind is when Bioware decides to throw away a key concept of the game at the end.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2291 (isolation #186) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by Hiraki »

If you think about it...

Spoiler:
Surrendering to the Reapers is almost a better choice because at least you'll know that you lost rather than won and got completely fucked over for it.

Besides then a new species will become dominant and find the new Crucible plans.

and a gun to kill the starkid
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2298 (isolation #187) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2297, Rhinox wrote:For fuck sake i was almost at the end and now 4 hours later im still almost at the end gawd

Cant stay up nemore but i still wanna know whats going to be so disappointing because so far it seems like all the pieces are in place for a cool ending shit how are they gonna fuck this up.......
It's very hard to understand

but bioware

fucked shit up

literally in the worst way possible

EDIT: I'm being overdramatic, but that's your first impression mind you.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2300 (isolation #188) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:27 am

Post by Hiraki »

Rhinox wrote:I did not play any multiplayer, but I've collected enough war assets and shit that I completely filled the green bar when I check the war room terminal. I assume that meant I was at max readiness even though I didn't play multiplayer.
Actually, that's not true. I think I had the bar all the way there when I had 4800 assets when I think the most you need for the "special" ending is 5000. Just get up to there really.

in other news

we held the line

and won the war

bioware announced "extended cut DLC" that's

wait for it

freeeeeeee

Just gotta wait until Summer.

Which, I'm extremely content with.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2304 (isolation #189) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Hiraki »

I have no problem with the ending. I do believe that it's not the best possible ending, but I'm fine with having something less than perfect.

I'm just wondering about all these damn plotholes.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2318 (isolation #190) » Wed May 09, 2012 10:16 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2321 (isolation #191) » Wed May 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2319, VP Baltar wrote:..two hours, seriously....
If you're even a slightest fan, it's well worth it.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2327 (isolation #192) » Thu May 10, 2012 6:04 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2324, Bub Bidderskins wrote:Okay, I'm coming in here for the first time on page 93 because I've got a Mass Effect related question. Soon, I will be ordering a new computer that has bundled with it a copy of Mass Effect 3. For years I've wanted to play the Mass Effect games, but I've never had the money/willpower/computer to do it. Now that I'll have ME3 soon, should I just go ahead and play it, or should I really wait to get the previous two games first?
Erm.

It depends on your want of story.

It's kind of like watching Star Wars Episode 6(Note, not three because three has barely anything to do with the last two in terms of developing plot) but not watching Star Wars Episodes 4 or 5. You'll understand the plot, but you'll have to fill yourself in by filling some holes.

In addition, there are some holes you will just won't be able to fill.

If you're just playing it for the action/multiplayer then jump aboard.

Umbrage wrote:those who are too in love with BW to acknowledge they did anything wrong, and those who are still hoping for the indoctrination theory to become true.
Did you watch the video though?

I admit he goes a bit far in trusting Bioware, but there are some points that are irrefutable, especially new points like the dead bodies everywhere and what they appear to be.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2333 (isolation #193) » Thu May 10, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2328, Umbrage wrote:I don't doubt that at some point during development the indoctrination thing was true. But BW fucked it up.
How so, may I ask?

Do you mean their post-game execution?

I mean, it wasn't the best way to execute it, but the video actually addresses this, if you've watched it.

Bub wrote:Well, I would be playing for the story. I play RPGs for their story. If I want action I can go play an FPS.
Yeah, you should probably wait for Mass Effect 1 and 2 then, if not only 2.

Pretty sure you can get them pretty cheap too.

In addition, I
believe
you could just play the first two on the 360 and then transfer the save file to your PC. It's complicated though, so I've heard.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2336 (isolation #194) » Thu May 10, 2012 9:16 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2335, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Hiraki wrote:
Bub wrote:Well, I would be playing for the story. I play RPGs for their story. If I want action I can go play an FPS.
Yeah, you should probably wait for Mass Effect 1 and 2 then, if not only 2.

Pretty sure you can get them pretty cheap too.

In addition, I
believe
you could just play the first two on the 360 and then transfer the save file to your PC. It's complicated though, so I've heard.

Well, I'd buy the first two for the PC. I've looked them up on amazon and they're pretty cheap, but there are several user reviews talking about how the DRM is terrible. Is it an issue with the PC version of the game? If it is, is there some way to get around it?
Haven't heard of anything bad. I haven't played the PC Version myself, but that's my info.

Ankamius wrote:EDIT: I can't seem to find it anymore. There were a few points, but the only one I can remember offhand is that indoctrination simply doesn't work that way. The only way out of indoctrination is killing yourself, and indoctrination means you're actively trying to help the reapers.
The whole point of ME3 was that it was an attempt by the Reapers to indoctrinate Shepard. They fail until the end. In the end(as in the actual ending) you choose if he got indoctrinated by your choice with the Star Child.

EDIT: The video also gives conclusive evidence for the Indoctrination Theory which TIM and Anderson's conversation. More specifically, the shot. I actually hadn't heard of that idea or thought about Shepard's wound.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2340 (isolation #195) » Thu May 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2337, Ankamius wrote:There is no evidence that it's possible to break indoctrination without killing yourself. It's a complete slap in the face that a powerful asari matriarch can be broken so easily, yet a human can simply break out of it. Even if it is possible, the fact that it's only revealed for a split second at the end of the game is mind bogglingly stupid. The child in Shepard's dreams is more likely the icon of Shepard's guilt over leaving Earth to burn.

The article went into the shot. I just haven't been able to find it.

EDIT: Found it. http://iamrodyle.wordpress.com/2012/03/ ... y-passion/
The Reapers made a Human Reaper not an Asari Reaper for a reason.

Quite unimpressed with the article and it's lack of knowledge of the series/bad interpretations.

Article wrote:Indoctrination doesn’t cause lucid daydreams where you have imaginary conversations with God-like deities. Saren, Benezia, TIM, that Scientist from Arrival whose name I forget. None of them had conversations with imaginary people. Indoctrination doesn’t trick people into doing the opposite of what they want, it makes them believe in something new.
Where's he getting this information from? And just because they believe in something new, doesn't make it the opposite. Take for example TIM. His entire objective in ME2 was destroying the Reapers. By controlling them, he's effectively wanting them to be able to survive for his own personal use.

A wrote:If Shepard was indoctrinated he would not have been trying to stop the Reapers, only to accidentally grab the ten thousand volt electric cables that turn him into a husk.
His new idea thing? This is it. He was told by Starchild that this would allow him to control the Reapers. This actually gives the IT more proof. Why the fuck would Shepard do something he just shot TIM two seconds ago for? AFAIK, there's no other option that TIM gives for the Reapers as well(I mean, he's been on it for the
entire
game) TIM was indoctrinated. So, why would an un-indoctrinated Shepard even think about the idea that an Indoctrinated mind gave?

A wrote:Some say that Shepard was indoctrinated because he was injured while near a Reaper. But take a look at Saren and Benezia, they were indoctrinated because they lived inside a goddamn Reaper and even then they were able to shake off the effects while near death. It is the opposite of what allegedly happens to Shepard.
The video interjects this that the Reapers were trying to indoctrinate him while on Earth. There's more about Starkid and the Reaperwubs on it too. But that's sort off-topic--it just interjects the reasoning that the Reapers have to be in very close proximity to indoctrinate. In addition, Shepard isn't fully indoctrinated. That's the entire point of the Indoctrination Theory. It's a choice and you're the controller. If you're indoctrinated, you "control" or "synthesis. If you're not, you destroy.

A wrote:Yes it was. It was planned and then cut. Just like the Boss Fight with the Illusive Man was planned and then cut, and how the Dark Energy Ending was planned and then cut. There were massive rewrites and staff changes over the past 5 years. Remnants may have been left behind, but that is only because it was cut from the game.
This is completely false. The Dark Energy Ending was changed because it was leaked. Not because it was planned and cut. It's like if at the end of Harry Potter, Harry Potter's actual nemesis isn't even a wizard but Hitler. That'd just be stupid. Mass Effect 3 isn't stupid.

A wrote:No. Saren wanted to not be a husk. He thought the fight was hopeless and the only way to stay in control of himself was to do exactly what the Reapers wanted. Not a terribly good plan if you think about it.
This is theorizing. We don't know Saren's last intentions--if they were his purely or his with Reaper help or just the Reapers. In the end, Saren's words demonstrated that he wanted to be a husk. If you use A's original argument, if Saren was hopeless then he'd want to do what the Reapers wanted to survive. So, even if it wasn't in his best benefit or in his best idea, it'd be in the Reaper's best idea to try and morph the two.

A wrote:Shepard has nightmares about a small child. He is indoctrinated!

Or the writers were using a common cliche by having a child dying represent the loss of innocence and Shepard’s dreams were to show his guilt over leaving Earth.
The video expresses this clearly. The best part about this, which surprisingly the narrator labels as plausible, is all the signs by the child.

A wrote:The pistol has infinite ammo is a sign of indoctrination.

It was most likely to ensure that no one ran out of ammo before Marauder Shields killed Shepard, and so you could shoot TIM, and shoot the tube in the Red Ending.
Why not just take the pistol out then? Make no Husks or Marauder Shield? Make TIM only able to shoot himself? And if you don't want to get rid of that, why not just have ammo clips around the battleground and disallow shooting after you go into the portal? This doesn't add up.

A wrote:Anderson got to the console before you

Shepard was limping so slowly that my dead Grandmother could have beat him in a race to that console.
But it was a one-way street. How did Anderson get there secretly? He was just about in the same place Shepard was.

Isn't that odd? Anderson in the same place, nowhere in sight, and having the same wounds as Shepard after the TIM talk/showdown?

A wrote:Shepard’s wounds are inconsistent during the climax on the Citadel.

Yes, they are inconsistent. Also, your fish are two dimensional, the war casualties look like they were killed by a steam roller, and alliance solders are 2D sprites that strafe while running like they were trained by hours of playing Goldeneye. BIOWARE CUT CORNERS!
Shepard is vital to the plot. The soldiers are not. Nor are the strafers. Shepard? Yeah, he's just a
little
bit more imporant.

A wrote:Bioware could never have made a bad ending

Shit like this happens all the time. Especially when the people up top surround themselves with yes-men and try to get creative and edgy. Just look at the Edsel. Somebody actually thought people would want to drive a car that had a giant metal vagina for a grill.
This is true.

However.

No one could make an ending this bad intentionally.

I'm pretty sure Bioware got money for the game just so people could see the ending.

It's flawed. If the author doesn't realize this, then something is wrong with this article.

A wrote:But the rest was so good

Yes it was. The best parts were those that stayed true to the previous games. Tali and Legion, Mordin and Wrex. They were great because they didn’t change who they were. They didn’t try to be edgy and creative.
I'm pretty sure the Suicide Mission(which I'm pretty sure was everyone's favorite part of ME2 was pretty fucking edgy and creative, even if it wasn't the most diverse/random.

A wrote:LIKELY EXPLANATION: This dialogue exists because the staff did not want to render the Quarian faces in-game and needed an excuse to put the masks on them. The Tali photo was just another last minute screw-up that Hudson thought was a good idea.
Fair.

A wrote:LIKELY EXPLANATION: The Red Ending was Renegade because it meant you committed genocide by wiping out the Geth in order to save yourself. The Blue Ending was Paragon because it meant that you sacrificed yourself in order to end the cycle and prevent any further deaths. Killing the Geth along with the reapers is just a cheap way to make the choice hard. Otherwise everyone would have just ran over there instantly.
So the Green ending was that one that was in the middle...is that neutral because no one dies? Pretty sure if there's organic bias, there's going to be synthetic bias. You only have to wonder, who's going to be the one killing who...

Hmm....

A wrote:The Indoctrination movie claims that the Illusive Man and Anderson never actually existed on the Citadel, they were representations in Shepard’s mind. It goes on to state that the good ending is the one where Shepard kills all the Reapers, therefore breaking the Indoctrination. False. The only way out for Saren was a bullet in the brain. That means the good ending is if you left the Illusive Man shoot you. Because the Illusive Man is you. It means you killed yourself rather than become indoctrinated. Jumping into the Red Ending just means you fell for another Reaper choice. After all, why would they let a feeble mostly-dead Shepard go near a magic push to kill all Reapers button in the first place.
Realistic qualities, and again completely false.

If I have a button to push a lever down and the lever can only go down if I press that button, what happens when I lose the button? I don't think that lever is going down anytime soon. Indoctrination is control. It's not espionage/propoganda. It's control. Saren was being controlled. He got out of the control and shot himself so he'd further resist this control. TIM does the same thing.

A wrote:It actually makes things worse. Anderson’s dialog becomes meaningless and the Illusive Man’s whereabouts are unknown. Now not only do you not know what happened after the game ends, but you don’t even know what happens during the game.
No, it's not useless because it displays what went on in Shepard's mind. Anderson and TIM are not real on the Citadel if the Indoctrination Theory is correct. TIM can hide wherever he wants. It doesn't really matter since the main threat is the Reapers during the Earth mission. After everyone is done with that, then maybe they'll give two shits about TIM and his base, which by the way was infiltrated so you know. There's no point in that cookie anymore.

Besides. What ending do you get with Mass Effect 3? You get nothing. You get a little snippet that everyone is on some weird-ass planet and is living happily--oh wait, you don't actually know that due to Turian and Quarian eating habits. You also don't even know if there's some Thrasher Mare that comes out of nowhere either. You don't know anything at the end of Mass Effect 3 with any ending. Even with the Destroy ending, you just see one breath. That one breath could be Shepard's last.

Logical wrote:It literally invalidates the entire game series from the start. If this was nothing more than a battle of the minds, then what the ending tells us is that the whole, entire thing is utterly, completely pointless.
Er, no? You still played a game right? The nightmares were attempts at Indoctrination. The finale was the grand slam that the Reapers had at Indoctrination. Harby "apparently" hit Shepard with his laser beam which already blew up tanks. Wonder why he decided to let him randomly live.

Logical wrote:If someone is indoctrinated, they aren’t operating under their own free will. Their minds are compromised. You might make a heroic choice by sacrificing yourself…but this game has always been about stark choices and finding a third way. That was removed , if the Indoctrination theory was right. You either give into the indoctrination or fight it.
It's always been Paragon and Renegade, what are you talking about? There might be a third option, but it usually just gives a less positive turn toward Paragon/Renegade(Main example is the final choice in ME1 about the Council)

Logical wrote:It invalidates the entire spirit of what Shepard stood for. Right or wrong, good or bad, at the end this was supposed be a story about how one person could actually change the universe , for better or for worse, for inspiration or ruthless survival. To … corrupt it by having him fall to the very thing he had been battling against all along — the loss of what makes us alive, our free will — is to spit on everything we’ve done up to this point.
Exactly. Which is why you shouldn't pick the ending that the two indoctrinated guys picked.

To note, I see the arguments already coming that the Indoctrination Theory only leaves one good ending--that's true. I'm a bit disappointed myself that there is only one. However, that was what you were going up to the Crucible to do yourself.

So let's say, and A even states that if this happened everyone would be happy, you went up to the Crucible, actually had a Boss Fight with TIM, beat him and put on the console to fire. Where's the third option? The only second option I can see would be not to fire it, but what's the fucking point of that? It's like saying, "We have the Death Star, but let's save it for some other time(which by the way, there is no other time) and blast this planet to pieces with our Star Destroyers"

WRONG. That's stupid.

Logical wrote:If the Indoctrination theory is right, I’ve wasted my money. And every single person who thinks it’s an appropriate ending needs to go see a psychologist, because it implies it’s more important that something be consistent than have meaning.”
Ouch. That's a bit harsh. Mathematics does work that way, and science--isn't Psychology a science?

Wait. Am I getting at something here?

Anyway.

What I feel that most anti-IT people are completely missing are the following.

1) Explain the point of Shepard's eyes changing in the other two endings but not in Destroy. The whole "lol he's looking at something blue/red" doesn't work because Shepard was looking at fire and that didn't make his eyes red. That shouldn't either.

2) Explain Anderson getting on the Crucible.

3) Explain the Child's interactions with Shepard, and Shepard only, in the first mission(including the signs)

4) Explain the oddness of Starchild's voice.

5) Explain why the rumbles and whisperings in Shepard's nightmare return in the TIM/Anderson conversation.

6) Explain why in the last nightmare, Shepard hugging the child appears in the fire, rather than just the child.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2344 (isolation #196) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by Hiraki »

1) Around :50ish seconds, Shepard's eyes are completely blue. This video isn't the best example because this Shepard's eyes are blue anyway.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1679638&page=44

This basically explains it and shows pictures.

Ankamius wrote:2. This is a valid point, one to add to the huge list of plot inconsistencies that permeates the last section of the game.
Bioware isn't stupid. This doesn't make any sense. It's not rushed--it's fucking stupid.

Ankamius wrote:There's no proof that no one else can tell what the child is.
The video addresses this. The child randomly disappears in an air duct.

And the Reaperwub, as I've defined it, just randomly happened there and in the TIM/Anderson conversation? No. That can't be true.

Ankamius wrote:Anderson doesn't necessarily have to not hear the boy in the vent; he could easily have just assumed it was more damage from the Reapers.
True. Shepard does though. He's right next to him. Even if it wasn't an airduct--let's say it was a hallway--there'd be something that would show him leaving.

Ankamius wrote:but this is offset by the fact that in the final scene with him, the shuttle he goes on literally sits there for several seconds and WAITS for him to get on. If the boy does not exist, then the shuttle sits there for several seconds with the door open for no reason before taking off.
I believe, don't quote me--haven't seen this part in awhile in detail, that there was someone else getting on.

You did miss one curious part that's risen up in the last few weeks I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8vra2WF2oY

Watch at around 8:40ish. There are signs(like physical "CAUTION" and "WARNING") signs that accompany every presence of the child on Earth.

That's not a coincidence. I won't believe it.

Ankamius wrote:4. I don't understand what you're talking about here.
Starchild's voice.

http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/ ... 11400930/1

It's Child+MaleShep+FemShep. There's no reason for that.

Except if Shepard was using things from his own mind.

Ankamius wrote:5. The reapers have the ability to alter your minds to bend your will; what's so improbable about them being able to try to break you with the things that haunt you? This entire section being an indoctrination battle makes sense, but it doesn't mean the entire ending sequence is indoctrination. This could be an indoctrination battle with Anderson and TIM in the flesh, and the Crucible child could be real.
If the entire section is an indoctrination battle, then why would Anderson be able to contact Shepard outside of the room? I mean, this kind of does make sense but you still have a load of odd stuff to go through with Starchild.

Ankamius wrote:6. I don't see the relevance. Shepard is stressed the fuck out (Joker alludes to this). He states multiple times that the hardest thing he's ever done was to leave Earth to save it. It weighs heavily on his conscience, and the stress of being a key figurehead to stopping the reapers only makes it worse. Earth is being destroyed while he's off gathering forces to take it back, and he's having doubts about his ability to overall do it. He's thinking that he might've been better off staying on Earth and fighting them there in the first place.
Err, you kind of missed the point. It'd be better if you actually addressed the video at this point. I'll give you time markings in a moment. 45 minutes on kind of helps. It even points out the Art Book to kind of show that he wasn't part of the original plan.

Ankamius wrote:Pretty sure Bioware has confirmed that the indoctrination theory is false, so this entire debate is really pointless.
Where?

I mean.

I don't get how you can say that if X member of the team(I really can't remember her name ever, but she basically gave everything) that in the Ending DLC, Shepard can re-associate with his former members.

Destroy is the only ending that shows Shepard alive. Coincidence?

I think not.

EDIT: I can't remember where and I kind of don't want to look, but someone said something to the effect that the Child going slow in the Shuttle didn't really matter/no one saw him and something with lift-off shows that they did see him.

False, I looked at it again. There were ground forces near the shuttle at the same time. Pretty sure they got on right after Child did.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2352 (isolation #197) » Fri May 11, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Hiraki »

fak

I had a reply

and then I fell asleep

fak
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2355 (isolation #198) » Fri May 11, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Hiraki »

I'm still going to!
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2361 (isolation #199) » Mon May 14, 2012 3:28 am

Post by Hiraki »

Hey Esurio

are you still planning on doing mass effect 2?

Return to “The Arcade”