The Mafiascum World of Warcraft Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Nightson »

Proudmoore (H)
Tahotai (85 Tauren Druid) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... tai/simple

I've got a number of alts, but Taho is my main. Right now I'm taking it easy until my friends come back from their Christmas vacations to start playing again. I'm in Taint which is a 6000+ member LGBT friendly guild
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Nightson »

DemonHybrid wrote:There's nothing to gain from raiding, if you ever get to that level. Nothing. Except to do it once.

It's just a really boring grind once you know the story, complete with people yelling at you for four hours straight.
That was definitely an objective assessment and not a bitter personal anecdote.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Nightson »

It's still possible with lower level instances and if everybody is grouped up before using the dungeon finder.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by Nightson »

We tanks just lie about how hard tanking is so we can keep our insta-queues. Really tanking isn't very tricky, it's just hitting everything so you stay highest on threat and knowing how to gear reasonably well so you don't get smashed.

Later on you might need to arbitrarily pick some CC targets for the DPS to take care of.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Nightson »

InflatablePie wrote: Fuck Alchemy, I can't get any new recipes from the trainer and I'm at like 347 and only have greens which take forever for me to get a point off of. And buying the herbs off the AH is expensive... and I don't wanna gather... /cry
http://www.wowhead.com/item=22907

This site should be visited anytime you're leveling up a profession. http://www.wow-professions.com/
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Nightson »

xRECKONERx wrote:Boooo, no Ragnaros raid? After Hyjal, I thought for sure he'd be a raid boss.
Coming in a later patch.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by Nightson »

andrew94 wrote:sigh im playing the version wh ich only allows up to 80, and everytime i check wow-had it gives me the cata stuff (eg thousand needles under water)

im like WTF?
Cataclysm changed the old world for everybody whether they've bought the expansion or not.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Nightson »

andrew94 wrote:my server is still wrath of the lich king bro
Forgive me for not realizing you're pirating the game and trying to provide a helpful response to the incoherent mess that vaguely resembled a question written in the english language.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Post by Nightson »

Oman wrote:Shanba, feral druids have been raping PvP. This is a balance.
Except they weren't. There was a point when rake was dealing straight up double damage, and people cried OP because it was. Then that was fixed and people continued to cry OP despite ferals never moving beyond the middle pack in terms of competitive rankings. Then Blizzard shifted some damage from bleeds to direct damage, made it so beserk doesn't break fear or provide immunity, nerfed bear by 20% and made it so shapeshifting won't break roots.

Feral isn't viable for PvP right now at all, and it could have been avoided by just doing something simple like increasing form mana cost so a feral only has mana for four or so shifts.

Yes this is something I rant about.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Nightson »

IH wrote:
Oman wrote:
tanstalas wrote:No Kai or Reck tonight...

I'm sad

Though, also happy, iLevel is now 345 and I have over 148k health unbuffed mhuhahahahaha
Mitgation > stam. Are you dodge/parry capped, are you blockcapped? And are you a DK, warrior, druid, or pally?
Wait mitigation is the new tanking stat? I know for a long time that stamina gave the highest effective health (Right behind bonus armor of course).

Also dodge is still better than parry, correct? (Since parry resets the swingtimer for the boss and your toon that parried, it pretty much gives a reroll on the attack unless it's been changed)
Parry doesn't reset swingtimers anymore.

Mitigation is superior, you simply don't have the spikiness of damage that made stacking stam necessary, avoiding and thereby conserving healer mana helps more.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Nightson »

Use a different password for your WoW account and email and get an authenticator.

You cannot protect yourself from getting hacked 100% if someone finds a security opening in a browser it could be as simple as visiting a website with an infected ad. But the authenticator makes it far, far more difficult for you to be hacked.

Also, pretty sure "Curse client put a keylogger on my computer!" is just people falling prey to post hoc ergo propter hoc.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Nightson »

For Steelbender, having DBM helps because it puts a timer for the melted armor debuff up so you don't have the count in your head or mouseover the icon. Then it's just a matter of waiting till the buff has five seconds left and running to the other side of the pillar of fire.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Nightson »

AGar wrote: And it wasn't the timer. It was everyone wanted me to keep him on one side of the pillar.
Well they're dumb and tell them no. There really isn't any reason for that at all, the other side isn't out of ranged range and melee can run through the pillar just fine.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (isolation #13) » Mon May 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by Nightson »

1. A priest can't be in half healing gear. I mean he could be over the hit cap because he has a lot of spirit, but that's not going to make a huge difference.
2. If the priest hasn't healed before, then him healing would be pretty bad.
3. Shadow priests will do horrible damage if they're trying to burst down adds. My friend who pulls 14k dps in raids was pulling 6k on spirits.
4. Make sure to kill the big spirit add, it stacks up an attack speed buff the longer it's alive, this might have killed your tank, that or him trying to tank a bunch of the little spirits at once too.

Strategy for the boss, have everybody stack up near one of the chains. DPS killing shades to keep them off the healer and dodging purple. Big guy jumps and breaks the shield everyone is standing around. Kill the big spirit. DPS the chain down while it's still in the 100% damage buff zone. When it dies tank pulls another spirit, everyone stacks around another chain and you repeat. Stick a DPS on the adds full time if people aren't killing them when everyone should be doing it.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1442 (isolation #14) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Nightson »

Guys you should really just get together with them and run a raid before thinking about guild mergers. Get on vent, kill some bosses, wipe on some bosses, see if they seem like enjoyable, good people.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (isolation #15) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Nightson »

Kairyuu wrote:So I just read the changes added today, and I was extremely confused. They're pretty much making all of the BoT, BWD, and TotFW bosses a complete joke by nerfing them all by 20% or more. They were already fairly easy, so why make them easier?

They're nerfing the current tier of raid content with the release of the next tier of raid content.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (isolation #16) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Nightson »

Also I'm going to roll up a mage named Oblakai on your guys server.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Nightson »

Hopefully they'll be a little smarter and use the last dungeon as a preview/teaser for the expansion.

Return to “The Arcade”