Dungeons and Dragons

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sat May 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Heh, strangely enough, me/Grimmjow/Jovian/Pie/Untrod Tripod/another dude are starting a DnD campaign next week. Only UT & the other guy have ever played before. I'm excited.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sun May 06, 2012 7:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Will do.

My DM apparently runs things a little bit differently than other DMs. And I'm pretty sure we're using 3.5, but I could be wrong.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Mon May 07, 2012 6:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

What's a good starting class for a newbie? I think we're going to have 4-5 players and a DM, but four of us haven't really played before and the fifth won't be around that often.

Our DM is sending out a blast e-mail this week including key important historical events, important people in the world, and a general overview of locations/places.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

My LGS has a pathfinder night every week. What's the difference between that and DnD?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Wed May 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

So, my DM mentioned an online character thing where you can generate your character, download the data into an Excel spreadsheet, then it'll help you with autoleveling and stuff. Any idea what he means?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Wed May 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Not DDI subscribers.

It's for 3.5, I know, and he said it's basically "create a character online and then download an Excel spreadsheet that does the leveling for you"
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Tue May 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Guys I was trying to make a Warlock but apparently that's not a thing

our group already has a paladin & a rogue so I'm not sure what would complement those well
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #79 (isolation #7) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Starting our campaign tonight! Super excited
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #81 (isolation #8) » Thu May 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

umm so Pathfinder

I find a lot of the stuff about D&D really overwhelming and annoying to have to remember, is Pathfinder simplified? Like I get the BASICS behind D&D and I can always go thumb through the rulebook to find what to do in certain situations or how certain stats affect other stats but that's a pain in the ass

I wanna simplified system
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Thu May 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

just entered a room with 10 kobolds, 2 gnolls, and 1 troglodyte captain. WHAT THE FUCK
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Thu May 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

that was awesome.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Fri May 25, 2012 7:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

We just decided to pick up the Pound o' Dice from Amazon. It's 100 assorted dice (with one complete uniform set in a sealed envelope inside the package). I think between the assorted dice, we got at least 2-3 other complete sets, and 2-3 other mostly complete sets that look good. We got at least 10 dice of each type, though, which was good. Probably the best deal since I had three other people pitching in with me.

Our campaign last night was kind of a tutorial, but it was a blast. Basically, we started out in jail. The sherriff entered and talked to our party, explaining that we were arrested under suspicion of having something to do with the mysterious disappearances around town. Sheriff Wick said there was another disappearance while we were in jail, but he had no reason to let us ago unless we agreed to help him. Vielo, a renown spy/rogue who now sits on Lord Belshae's council, came to town to investigate. He had disappeared. After asking around the village, we set out to investigate the camp. Found his camp ransacked, but found tracks leading out of the cave up into the woods. We trekked through the woods and made it to Iron Bow Manor, which had been abandoned for 200 years. A few goblins and a couple gnolls sat around outside, almost as if a watchout group. Our resident dumbass, Sepultus (Pie) decided to attempt to talk to them since he speaks Goblin and has high diplomacy. Of course, they didn't react well, so I leapt in and began to fight. We mowed them down and found Vielo's amulet sitting outside, a sign he was almost certainly in the manor.

Then we entered the manor, our big dungeon for the night. We explored every room, fighting gnolls and kobolds and goblins, until we finally found Vielo caged up in a jail cell upstairs. We didn't trust him, but he was the only one who could pick the lock on the door to the basement. We open the basement door and our Cleric, Erde (Grimmjow) tried to blind whatever was in the next room by using a blinding light type spell. It failed, and only alerted the 10 kobolds, 2 gnolls, and 1 troglodyte captain to our presence. We were
fucked
, but fortunately, Vielo is some kind of badass who leapt into battle and nuked four goblins in one round. I one-hit-KO'd the troglodyte captain. One goblin made it to a giant horn thing in the center of the room and sounded it, calling for reinforcements. Vielo promised to hold them off if we went ahead, so we did.

We entered the final chamber and saw three people... the three children who had been taken. Lenora, the blacksmith's daughter, lay dead in the corner. Triss, the miner's daughter, lay chained to an altar. And with his back to us, Maxwell, the mayor's son, stands over her body. I try to reason with him, being the only one of our group that actually lives in the village. He seems to recognize me, but madness takes over. He draws his rapier and charges, we engage in battle. During the battle, I make one last attempt to try and reason with him. I intimidate, I appeal to his reason, I appeal to his emotion -- nothing works. Eventually we strike him down and free Triss. Triss is overcome and traumatized. She cannot speak. I carry Lenora's body back to the village and we explain everything to Sheriff Wick. Vielo has asked us to come to Lord Belshae's estate and home city to report our findings to him. Sepultus sees it as an opportunity to make money, Erde rambles on and on about Peloric duties, but I don't want to go. I want to stay here and help the village, which will need rebuilding and strengthening after such traumatic events. I resist, but eventually, I'm left with no choice. I join up with the other two and we leave town, heading across the desert to meet with Lord Belshae.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND end Chapter 1. Holy fucking shit, man, I'm telling you... I didn't think I'd get into it, but almost the entire denouement, the three of us didn't break character. The DM ended up kinda sitting there, happily surprised with how well we were playing it. I'm sure the copious amounts of liquor in my system helped with that, but...fucking a, I can't wait for next week. UT is actually joining our party at the next city, and our DM is writing up a secret lore packet specifically for UT's character.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Fri May 25, 2012 8:32 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah, he's awesome. For the record, this was the lore packet he sent out to give us a "brief" overview of the land's history. He also had a 1000 year timeline of important events in the continent. This is all completely from scratch in his mind, he's not using any premade campaign shit.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #117 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

We've only had two chapters so far, but it's a fucking blast. My character gets to be completely selfish in the context of the story... and Grimm/Pie's characters HATE HIM, but I'm also really fucking OP so if they shittalk me I just bash them with my 2h broadsword and laugh.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #119 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

at low levels, yeah, it is kinda powerful (i got retarded rolls for my stats)
green shirt thursdays

Return to “The Arcade”