Fantasy Baseball 2013 (Why even bother playing against LL?)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by AGar »

Also, I think everyone pretty much punted NSV last year. I was actually actively looking for starters who qualified as RPs weekly.

I'm /in.

H2H and Daily are my preferences. Other than that, I'm fine with whatever.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah, going to daily should alleviate the whole punting NSV thing, which I think most of us were doing.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm IN!

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm fine with LL as the assistant commish.

And please no points. Just do 5x5 or 6x6, whatever we were leaning towards.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by AGar »

When are we gonna decide on a draft time?

Or did I miss that?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by AGar »

I prefer the old way, but I can't say I'm vehemently opposed to 1 win per game.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 am

Post by AGar »

In post 86, zoraster wrote:What time do you get off work or whatever on Saturdays? When's the earliest draft start you could make?

Never o'clock?

I really can't say with any certainty, though I usually make it a point to just bolt by 7.

I'm a broke part-timer who doesn't have labor laws breathing down my neck. If they ask me to work a 16 hour shift, I'll likely do it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:52 am

Post by AGar »

Any updated on when a draft might be?

Also, SPRING TRAINING GAMES START!

I am irrationally excited by this.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by AGar »

Don't make me compete with Locke head to head again :(

It's no fun having my hopes and dreams crushed EVERY SINGLE FANTASY SEASON.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by AGar »

We should concoct an entertaining shit-talking group selection process for next year.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by AGar »

Zor, I don't think you can fairly make it work with 3 divisions in 14. 5-5-4 just feels like someone grumbles somewhere.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:46 am

Post by AGar »

In post 151, zoraster wrote:I'm not sure it's not really less fair than having a system where I might play the bottom two people in the other division twice, but you might play the top two teams in the other division twice. It only potentially affects 1 playoff spot directly because of the 6 playoff spots, only one per division is awarded to the winner (wild cards are by best record period). And that's only a marginal improvement. Theoretically, you're just as likely to end up with an easy division in the 5 team divisions (and in fact, a little more likely given the way I seeded things).

If I'm understanding the scheduling breakdown the 10 teams in the 2 5-team divisions will play schedules that look something like this (Divisions A and B):

12 division matchups (3 sets of 4), 10 out-of-division matchups (5 vs Division A/B, 4 vs Division C and one extra vs a random selection from A/B)

The 4 team division will look like this (Division C):

12 division matchups (4 sets of 3), 10 out of division matchups (5 vs Division A & 5 vs Division B)

Point 1: The seeding is laughable at best. Total moves and Total Baseball Trophies are completely arbitrary categories that impact nothing. Yahoo ranking - I'm not sure what it is, exactly or where to find it - seems arbitrary as well.

Point 2: There is an inherent advantage in being in the 4 team division. You play 4 games against each opponent. If there is a clear cut bottom feeder in the division (as there likely is going to be), then you suddenly have an extra win as opposed to the teams in the 5 team divisions who will likely have a clear cut bottom feeder as well.

Point 3: Out of division scheduling is going to be terrible no matter what division layout you use - we have 14 teams in a 22 week league. The only even break in scheduling for a 22 week league is 12 teams in 2 6-team divisions (12 out of division, 10 in division). I'd argue this one arbitrarily decided matchup to make the 10th out of division game for each team is actually worse than if we had three random out-of-division games - more will help things even out.

So now we're taking the worse of the two out of division scheduling options (in my opinion, at least) and combining it with the worst division scheduling option and putting them into one package here.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:54 am

Post by AGar »

With 14 I'd personally rather just see us do the default 2 7-team divisions. I really don't see a better way, because like I said, 14 teams and 22 weeks is kinda awkward regardless.

I'd also vote towards a 6 team playoff personally.

/2cents

P.S. - Sorry if that came off kinda rant-ish earlier.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:45 am

Post by AGar »

In post 161, zoraster wrote:It can be 14 teams and 21 weeks as well, for what it's worth.

I'm 99% sure this would totally kill your 3 division setup, fyi. No feasible way to work the scheduling that I can come up with (although I'm not a numbers guy).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by AGar »

Are they doing the shit in Japan against this year? Because that was wack.

Also, expanding to 16 might not be terrible. SV+H means you'll likely see fewer teams punting the category and gunning to overload on SP for QS.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by AGar »

I
kinda
like Yahoo... :(

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 189, Kmd4390 wrote:If I get free time, I'll pre-rank some players.

If I end up with any boston players, they can be immediately considered on the trade block.

I've got Francisco Cervelli earmarked for Ells, thanks.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by AGar »

Also, once again, the mention comes up a bit late, but next year we need to remember to pitch the idea of a keeper league out there to see what kind of interest would be about...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 193, zoraster wrote:i think turnover is just too high. we had decent retention this year, but we're still working with at least 4 new teams. and at least one of those replaced, zorblag, was one of those guys who wanted to try a keeper last year after insisting that it was really stable.

Yeah. Just a thought. A keeper league could be smaller and be as fun because of the building on past seasons and building rivalries and shit.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:28 am

Post by AGar »

In post 197, zoraster wrote:i'd be fine with that. for what it's worth, I think that keeper leagues work better as auctions because you can make it more equitable easier. You can essentially say "you may keep up to X players. Each player to acquire will be taken from your auction budget at $5 what you paid for him the year before (with waiver wire/FAAB acquisitions being $1, so $6 paid)"

With snake drafting it's a little harder because you have to do something like say "you can draft up to X players, each player you acquire will be the draft round you acquired him minus 2" but the reality this is a pretty horrible way to go because The difference between someone you acquire in Round 15 versus Round 13 is negligible, but the difference between acquiring someone from Round 5 versus Round 3 is huge.

If we only get 6 or so people, we're almost forced to do

I'd be fine with this + roto for a keeper league.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:59 am

Post by AGar »

Is the maximum innings a feature or a bug for the keeper league?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 259, Locke Lamora wrote:Anything external to the league shouldn't be considered as a factor in trades, including other leagues. So yes, not even remotely acceptable.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:23 am

Post by AGar »

In post 302, SensFan wrote:Oh, that reminds me. What the hell happened in our league that no one drafted Cs? VMart and especially Wieters both plummeted way down the draft.

Wieters plummeting shocked me way more than VMart. I actually had figured he had been taken in an earlier round so when I saw he was available I was really shocked. Then Locke sniped me for like the fifth time in the draft.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:30 am

Post by AGar »

In post 320, SensFan wrote:
In post 318, AGar wrote:
In post 302, SensFan wrote:Oh, that reminds me. What the hell happened in our league that no one drafted Cs? VMart and especially Wieters both plummeted way down the draft.

Wieters plummeting shocked me way more than VMart. I actually had figured he had been taken in an earlier round so when I saw he was available I was really shocked. Then Locke sniped me for like the fifth time in the draft.

Yeah, I had definitely been planning on taking Wieters and Konerko there, filling out two power positions with players that had fallen well past where I had them ranked. Then you two decided to take them both, and I figured I might as well grab Hosmer and VMart instead, since I still liked those guys better than where I was taking them and needed to fill the spots. I'd be much happier with Konerko/Wieters, though.

I was trying to do Konerko -> Wieters when it came back around, but apparently the three of us all had a similar train of thought.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 am

Post by AGar »

In post 323, Locke Lamora wrote:Yeah, it seemed like we wanted a lot of the same players. Will be interesting to see how that plays out in the auction. Did you both do your own rankings or did you use a specific system?

I was kinda winging it to be honest. I had planned on ranking on my own but didn't end up having the time I wanted to sit down and really hammer them out.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by AGar »

What I should be doing: Sleeping.
What I'm doing instead: Poring over every resource available to actually not wing it tomorrow during the auction.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by AGar »

Wil Myers for $1.

Yeah.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah, it did get a bit long at the end. Dragged quite a bit.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by AGar »

And the hangout was hysterical, for the record.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:03 am

Post by AGar »

I think his thing went by averages, not totals, but it was taken down before I saw it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by AGar »

Your spreadsheet says I'm not playing a 1B. I'm guessing it doesn't count Trumbo's eligibility at 1B?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by AGar »

Watching Harrison get lit up like this is painful right now.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 am

Post by AGar »

Get home, find out the Sox game is blacked out locally because fuck the Yankees (absolutely not the reason, but I'll take another reason to hate them).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 am

Post by AGar »

Get home, find out the Sox game is blacked out locally because fuck the Yankees (absolutely not the reason, but I'll take another reason to hate them).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (isolation #34) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 452, SensFan wrote:
In post 451, qwints wrote:Yu's got a perfect game going with 11 k's through 6. That's one way to get a QS.

Cy. Young.

1 of likely 30-32 games for him.

Easy killer.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (isolation #35) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:39 am

Post by AGar »

In post 474, zoraster wrote:i'm scared of
internet people
. real people.

FTFM

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 482, zoraster wrote:of course they pull jackson after 5 innings of 2 run ball. ugh. just leave him in for ONE MORE INNING!

Now you know how I felt about them pulling Verlander on Opening Day.

Edit: Also, Holds are possibly the most aggravating stat ever.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by AGar »

In the keeper league, I'm just sitting here realizing that I've got a pretty good outlook for the next 3 years.

Just to 100% get this straight - I picked up Jackie Bradley Jr off the FAAB for $0. Next year it will cost me $5 if I choose to keep him, $10 the following and $15 the year after that, correct?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 496, zoraster wrote:correct. keep in mind you can only keep up to 6 people

Yeah I knew that part.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (isolation #39) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:27 am

Post by AGar »

qwints and I are taking it down to the wire.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (isolation #40) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm waiting for the bottom to fall out on my auction team.

Seriously, I'm scared.

On the bright side, Miggy finally put up a game that made it feel like I spent my money well by dropping $50 on him.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 534, zoraster wrote:it is pretty impressive how bad my pitching has been. Axford had a 40.00 ERA today in his last day on my team.

Confuse the Keeper and Worst leagues?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #42) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:11 am

Post by AGar »

How do we know you're not going to steer us awry with your articles then snag all the good players on the mend? :shifty:

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (isolation #43) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:00 am

Post by AGar »

In post 550, qwints wrote:
In post 538, mastermind wrote:Dear team,

Can you plz stop injuring yourselves? It's not fun.

xoxo
mastermind

Dear Carlos Quentin,

Can you plz stop breaking my player's collarbones?

^ This.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (isolation #44) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by AGar »

8 weeks for Greinke. Ouch, that's not good for my team in the keeper league.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by AGar »

Hyun Jin-Ryu stands to be the best 24th round pick I'll ever make.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by AGar »

My SP scored a run.

That should be like a point or something.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 575, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 574, zoraster wrote:AGAR vs. Mongolian: 5-5

AGar should consider this a great shame.

I consider it Chris Sale's fault.

Unless Jim Johnson gets a save or Mo goes like 3 perfect innings, we're gonna end up drawing this week.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (isolation #48) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 am

Post by AGar »

I feel like I should bench half my lineup for the next three days...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:29 am

Post by AGar »

Put Wieters in the lineup this morning. Come back from lunch.. he's not playing.

Dammit.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (isolation #50) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:08 am

Post by AGar »

Realistically I just shouldn't try and juggle 3 Catchers on my roster...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:03 am

Post by AGar »

Eh probably. Wieters is probably the only one that'll stay on past the next couple of weeks.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (isolation #52) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:22 am

Post by AGar »

What the...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (isolation #53) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:46 am

Post by AGar »

4-5 heading into today. Runs is up for grabs. HR we're tied. I've got RBIs on lock barring anything insane happening. OBP I'm up, but one bad day at the plate for just a few players and good days on the opposite side can really just screw that all up. SB again, I'm fairly confident I have that locked. Ks I can theoretically come back in if Niese has a great day and my RPs grab Ks too. Ratios are still open. QS he has, SV+H I have.

So 6 of the 10 categories are really open today.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (isolation #54) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by AGar »

The worst I can suffer is a tie if Evan Gattis goes for 2+ Runs and a HR.

Also.. Nate McLouth has been my best player this week, going 10/1/6/4/.636

This is why I hate fantasy baseball sometimes.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #55) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by AGar »

3-0-1 and I'm 3rd in my division.

Dammit this is gonna be a tough season.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #56) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:26 am

Post by AGar »

In post 657, zoraster wrote:Ohhh now I see why. The system is confused because of how long the game lasted. It counted his 3 2 3 game for yesterday's game against Oakland, but then it counted it AGAIN today because the game ended so late it thought it was just part of today's game. That also happened to Reddick and Donaldson for Agar.

It'll also affect Rhinox, who the system thinks had a pitcher pitch two consecutive 5 K, 1.69 ERA games. He was only half an inning away from earning a QS... despite beginning his game in the 13th inning. And Tommy Hanson, etc.
I was wondering what was up with that when I was doing my rosters today.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (isolation #57) » Sat May 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by AGar »

HanRam comes back! Then goes right back to the DL.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (isolation #58) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by AGar »

Also, realizing I'm going to spend another Sunday sweating out my pitchers... God dammit this team is going to give me heart palpitations.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (isolation #59) » Sun May 05, 2013 8:21 am

Post by AGar »

Gonna need some gems out of Ryu and Verlander after Niese went into a self-destruct pattern.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (isolation #60) » Sun May 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by AGar »

If you lose the run lead, I've probably forsaken WHIP.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (isolation #61) » Sun May 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by AGar »

Best I can hope for is a QS for Ryu and take WHIP to force a tie.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (isolation #62) » Sun May 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by AGar »

Ehh not really. Just been a lot of luck in either direction all around.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (isolation #63) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:29 am

Post by AGar »

I think it's going to balance out when we hit intradivisional matchups for long stretches (I've only played 2 division opponents, and one was AniX). I know playing 2x KMD and 2x LL is going to be brutal.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (isolation #64) » Mon May 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by AGar »

The keeper league just got 10x more fun.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (isolation #65) » Tue May 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 720, zoraster wrote:fielder's choice?
I'd imagine this. Not sure if errors count towards OBP or not either.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (isolation #66) » Thu May 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by AGar »

Don't think I've ever been so happy as to accidentally leave Verlander on the bench.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (isolation #67) » Sat May 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by AGar »

My team has put up an embarrassing effort this week.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (isolation #68) » Wed May 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by AGar »

Nah, DGB you're up against me next week.

I can also run the Expos if need be.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (isolation #69) » Fri May 31, 2013 9:27 am

Post by AGar »

Damn, thought I had maybe eeked ahead haha.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (isolation #70) » Fri May 31, 2013 9:27 am

Post by AGar »

Damn, thought I had maybe eeked ahead haha.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (isolation #71) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by AGar »

In the one win league, any of Donaldson, A-Ram or Zims are up for trade, looking for a decent backstop. Make an offer if you need a boon at the hot corner.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (isolation #72) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by AGar »

Am I running the Expos for another week?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (isolation #73) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 765, DrippingGoofball wrote:I could give you a break from the Expos since I'm not running against them.
If Locke/Zor oks this, that'd work for me. This isn't a great week for me to be managing 3 teams, even 2 is pushing it (gonna pretty much set my keeper league roster for the week now and move on with life for a week).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (isolation #74) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by AGar »

Trying to weather the DL storm right now in both leagues (moreso keeper than H2H but still...)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (isolation #75) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by AGar »

DGB just made me aware I'm still at the helm of the Expos. I haven't even looked at them since early June, so they've been cruising on default. I thought management had changed hands, and I'd like to see that through (got too much going on right now) so uh yeah.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (isolation #76) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by AGar »

One home run from Ellsbury, Pedroia or Iggy. Is that REALLY too much to ask?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (isolation #77) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:00 am

Post by AGar »

In post 835, AGar wrote:One home run from Ellsbury, Pedroia or Iggy. Is that REALLY too much to ask?
Apparently, the answer is yes.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (isolation #78) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:50 am

Post by AGar »

That's... Impressive.

Also, I think the Toddfathers are unattended, the roster has Buchholz and Infante starting. Neither has been active for quite some time now.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (isolation #79) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by AGar »

Curious question - for the keeper league with the looming suspensions, players will still eat an active roster spot, correct?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (isolation #80) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:38 am

Post by AGar »

Yahoo has an option to enable a roster spot for players classed as "NA," but I wasn't sure if it was enabled in the keeper league, where holding on to some of the players suspended for their keeper rights will be something some of the managers need to consider.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (isolation #81) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:23 am

Post by AGar »

For what it's worth, I don't see anything wrong with that scenario you outlined - that's the entire point of buyers and sellers. If you're already out of the running, why not aim for maybe getting assets for a better run next year? You are right that the amount of sellers will go up as the season progresses, but on the flip of that - the amount of buyers will go down. And the buyers aren't going to have a whole slew of valuable keeper assets. It's not like the top 4 are each sitting on 5-6 prospective keepers that are also going to pull in a massive upgrade to their roster. Like Rhinox said, if this were H2H there might be some merit to the idea (but even then, you can't guarantee week to week production is going to carry), but since this is roto, trading for Miggy or Trout in the last week really isn't going to help make a huge push in most situations. If anything, the deadline could probably be reasonably set for the end of August in future seasons, allow for a few more buyers and sellers to shake out.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (isolation #82) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:12 am

Post by AGar »

The March 1 deadline would be just flat out easy to remember. I'm fine with the current stats, I don't think much change is necessary at the moment. As for new teams, I like the idea Zor broguht up.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (isolation #83) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:53 am

Post by AGar »

TIL Zach could never be an NBA GM.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (isolation #84) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:36 am

Post by AGar »

Dammit Khan.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (isolation #85) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by AGar »

In another show of fantastic oversight, I left 26 Ks and 3 QS on the bench in the keeper league...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #86) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by AGar »

Gonna run the gamut on this consolation bracket - watch yoselves.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (isolation #87) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 am

Post by AGar »

In post 947, qwints wrote:
In post 944, AGar wrote:Gonna run the gamut on this consolation bracket - watch yoselves.
There's a consolation bracket?
Yeah. On the league home page there's a button for it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (isolation #88) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by AGar »

Dammit, I've been foiled.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (isolation #89) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:44 am

Post by AGar »

Now, Locke, could you go ahead an bench all your guys in the Keeper league?

This 7 point lead is a bit preposterous...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (isolation #90) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:40 am

Post by AGar »

Well 6 RPs for the better part of the season will do that.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (isolation #91) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by AGar »

C'mon Volquez, pull your shit together. I did not stream the last two and a half days to see you shit on my hopes and dreams.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (isolation #92) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:48 am

Post by AGar »

Because I totally didn't realize I hit the IP limit last night. Fuck.

I thought the number I saw last night was up-to-date.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (isolation #93) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah it was, but oh well. Did what I could haha.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (isolation #94) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by AGar »

Headgames are half of fantasy sports, if you ask me.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (isolation #95) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by AGar »

As a Red Sox fan, I am completely in love with the fact that we're likely to face someone's #2 or #3 pitcher in Game 1 of the DS.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (isolation #96) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 999, Rhinox wrote:
In post 997, AGar wrote:As a Red Sox fan, I am completely in love with the fact that we're likely to face someone's #2 or #3 pitcher in Game 1 of the DS.
All the aces pitched today (Moore, Darvish, Jiminez), meaning whoever wins the WC can pitch their ace game 1 on friday on a normal 4 days rest.
Gah, didn't realize that. Go Tribe, then?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (isolation #97) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by AGar »

When are we doing Keepers and everything again?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (isolation #98) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by AGar »

Can we push the deadline back maybe... a week, even half a week? Only because that's literally the day I'm moving to NC and the month leading up to it is going to be absolute hell with packing and (hopefully) interviews on top of my already shitty 7-days-a-week work schedule (that's ending once I move, but yeah).

Return to “The Arcade”