Methinks I am obsessed with Assassin's Creed.

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Who »

3 is horrible. If you've played 3 and are still obsessed with the series then yes that is a problem.
Otherwise that's a perfectly normal reaction.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:17 am

Post by Who »

Both.

It is no longer Assassin's Creed. In the story you play as a naive twerp who goes around screwing everything up (Things would have been so much better if Connor had never entered the story and the Templars had just proceeded with everything the way they planned, and to someone who isn't just against the templars because they are templars and thus have to be evil then this was obvious partway through) and in the gameplay then about half of it were extremely boring parts where there was an army you could massacre easily by yourself but instead you have to order soldiers to shoot every time they reload, the combat was alright, the stealth was horrible in comparison to the others. While everyone criticized Brotherhood and Revelations for not adding much, at least they didn't take anything away. In 3 they "rebuilt it from the ground up" AKA got rid of a bunch of awesome stuff and replaced it with boring stuff. The only good thing in 3 were the naval battles. While it made no sense that an assassin would be going anywhere near them they are extremely fun.

@Batt
I would say both stories sucked, if anything then the story sucked more inside the animus. I don't know about most people but in videogames but I generally like to agree with the main character about what they're doing.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:28 am

Post by Who »

I'm planning to get it when it goes down in price. I won't pre-order it the way I did revelations and 3. But I am looking forward to it having naval battles be a large part.

Oh yeah, and the MP in 3 wasn't bad. As much as I dislike co-op, Wolfpack is very fun provided you are on your own.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Post by Who »

I would say that Rev>Brotherhood>II>I>III
Why?
First there was I.
Then II added stuff.
Then BH added stuff.
Then Rev added stuff.
Then III took everything away.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by Who »

My problem with it was that the templars were the good guys and the main character went around murdering them. I can't stand games where the game says the main character is good and I disagree.

The templars in 1 used methods the ends did not justify to attempt to achieve an end they could not achieve.
The templars in 2, BH, and Rev, were definitely the bad guys to the point where the modern day templars looked back on them and said "Our order had lost its way"
The templars in 3 were the good guys.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Post by Who »

The group of templars who were attempting to limit pointless violence, protect Connor's village, and do various other good deeds.

Return to “The Arcade”