League of Legends (Old)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33850 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:28 am

Post by notscience »

So rush tear bruta lw?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33851 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Saki »

Riot, if you have a 'known problem' and I disconnected during champ select because of it, you should give me my lp back...
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33852 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Saki »

In post 33850, notscience wrote:So rush tear bruta lw?

I don't play Jayce.
>_>

but Tear-Brutalizer-(B.F. Sword Item)-LW sounds about right I think
LW should always come AFTER a big AD item
read: Hydra THEN LW. All you people who play full damage Lee/Kha. Get out of my games too pls

bf builds into four things

Essence Reaver
Infinity Edge
Bloodthirster
Mercurial Scimtar

IE is a no-no because you probably want lifesteal and Mercurial Scimtar isn't a core item for anyone and we already crossed off ER so that leaves you with BT.
The shield builds up very fast/is somewhat useful during lane phase and poke wars
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33853 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Hi guys, I play an okay talon.

Talon should theoretically beat nidalee. Rake being the main thing to fear is only the case before level three when talon has q w e all available.
don't you feel silly now?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #33854 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 33832, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 33831, PJ. wrote:
In post 33826, JasonWazza wrote:The one time i go into ranked, and the one time i get first pick and can go mid, one fuckwit has to fuck it up by saying his mid regardless of being fourth pick and doesn't care if there is 2 mid.

Fuck my life.

Learn to play something else at a level that gets you out of bronze in oceania...

Edit: also from your stats, you're not even a fucking mid laner.

I'm not, but given OCE's bronze "mid laners" i kinda have to be.

EDIT: I am perfectly aware my mid lane is quite bad, but there is less of an enemy fed mid laner when i am mid, and i have some champs that can be mid, that i can play somewhat proficiently

But dude, look at your stats, You're a rampant feeder with everything but even more so with mid. You aren't doing any one any good by going mid, and yo I sympathize with you, I suck mid too, I also get frustrated when a midlaner feeds, so I just bring my own non-feeding mid laner.

And there is definitely not less of a chance of a fed enemy mid laner if you're there, you die 7 times a game as lux, 10 as ziggs, 8 as yasuo, 8 as morgana, 7 as ryze, 8 as nidalee. None of those champs are you positive K/D on. You seem to only be positive kd on two champs and they are both top laners, so do that.

Also WHY IS SAKI SUCH A CUNT? JESUS FUCK. YOU AREN'T EVEN ANY FUCKING GOOD AND CONSISTENTLY SAY WRONG SHIT.

For Jayce, I build Manamune, Brut, LW, IE, Youmuu's
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #33855 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Oman »

I think it's important for him to learn and I don't begrudge a new guy for trying every lane.

Also in OCE Bronze dying 10 times in a game is pretty normal for any lane. So long as you have more than 14 kills, you're good to go.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33856 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'd like to consider the position of trying to be better than OCE bronze so that you die 4 times and have more than 15 kills. Some good champions for this include: everything, as long as you're better than oce bronze.

Seriously though, it's way better to avoid death than to go ham constantly. Sure, you're fed, but you've got no mechanics to back that up. Just try to play it safe sometimes and think about the risks you're taking versus the rewards. A double kill late game for a kill on you if you're the most fed person isn't worth it because YOUR TEAM WONT DO SHIT WITHOUT YOU.

So you stay alive instead and use your team as a buncha meat shields so you can come late to the party and kill everything.
don't you feel silly now?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33857 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 33853, RayFrost wrote:Hi guys, I play an okay talon.

Talon should theoretically beat nidalee. Rake being the main thing to fear is only the case before level three when talon has q w e all available.

^
Nidalee can't really trade effectively if she doesn't get her mark on Talon, and dodging spears isn't that hard.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
lil g
lil g
Watcher
lil g
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #33858 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by lil g »

Yo im drunk and phoneposting but tomorrow evening your time I want Jazon Wassa, Rayfrost, and Saki in that order, your Talon vs my Nidalee.
One Rayfrost is a good laner who can actually explain what he's doing.
Two Wazza you must be actually retarded to be holding it down in b5 on OCE, hint: SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOU and you've trolled out my effortposting for the last time.
and three Saki you fancy yourself a bigtime midlaner and I think you're talking out of your ass right now so unless you can guarantee victory as Talon vs my sorry old g5 mid nidalee I'd shut up or put your money where your mouth is. Your theoretical knowledge doesn't mean shit, the best you can hope for is to stay back, give up farm and play it out to some kind of weird draw where you have half my cs and manage to not die in a game with no variables. If that's what you want to do to keep your P5 mafiascum cred then yeeeeehaw and lets do it, but if you actually think you're going to kill me you are fucking delusional.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #33859 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Maestro »

Questions, because I've been popcorning...

1. Bronze is Bronze, and I totally agree with this post:

In post 33833, animorpherv1 wrote:Jason, if you perform at an above Bronze level, you will get out of bronze. If you perform as a Bronze, you will stay there.

...but why does "lack of as much of a playerbase in OCE" reduce it to such a bad region that "I'm in OCE" can be used as an excuse for... anything? That just doesn't seem wise to me. If you ask for advice because you want improve, you shouldn't just ignore the advice (or criticism) of people from the other regions just because they don't play in OCE. Maybe I'm misinterpreting Jason's problems with the advice being given but jeez...

2. Seems like Tear -> Manamune / Archangel's is for poke-based mana-heavy caster (both AD and AP) champs. I've seen what I guess are recommended / viable / meta builds involving this item on all of [ Ezreal / Jayce / Ryze / Karthus (?) ]. Considering there are more poke-based mana-heavy caster (both AD and AP) champs than the short list above, why is it not built more often? I understand Ryze scales uniquely off of mana, but given the champion archetypes present and the spells in the kits of the other 3, I don't really understand why they're the only other meta picks for this build path. Enlighten me, fellows?

3. What does Nidalee's mark do again? :good:

4. (PEDIT:) I vote lil g drunkposts more. :lol:
lil g
lil g
Watcher
lil g
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #33860 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by lil g »

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #33861 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 33850, notscience wrote:So rush tear bruta lw?

Yes
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #33862 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by BROseidon »

You can finish manamune after bruta, too
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #33863 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 33842, notscience wrote:I'll wait til BRO is on a comp and can tell me why it's a bad item on him because I'm actually curious.

My final build is usually like

CDR Boots, Bruta/BC, Last Whisper, Essence Reaver, Manamune, _______ depending on what I'm up against

Jayce wants three stats, cdr, ad, and arpen. Everything else is kind of secondary, the only exception being you need some mana item to be useful without blue.

That means you want to minimize your investment in mana, because it doesn't help you fight past a certain point (any extra mana after a fight is over is wasted stats). tear is the best item in the game for mana by far. That leaves essence reaver giving less ad than other options, plus a bunch of stats and a passive you don't really care about
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #33864 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 33859, Maestro wrote:Questions, because I've been popcorning...

1. Bronze is Bronze, and I totally agree with this post:

In post 33833, animorpherv1 wrote:Jason, if you perform at an above Bronze level, you will get out of bronze. If you perform as a Bronze, you will stay there.

...but why does "lack of as much of a playerbase in OCE" reduce it to such a bad region that "I'm in OCE" can be used as an excuse for... anything? That just doesn't seem wise to me. If you ask for advice because you want improve, you shouldn't just ignore the advice (or criticism) of people from the other regions just because they don't play in OCE. Maybe I'm misinterpreting Jason's problems with the advice being given but jeez...

TBH I don't think bronze oce is any worse than bronze NA. I think the problem is at higher levels where the lack of competition and scrims means that the "best" team is Legacy who aren't great. Because there's no one to push them harder or for them to learn by playing against.

My comment is only that within the meta of bronze oce (and I only know that because that's where I play) dying a lot is normal. Most games have 40-50 kills and those deaths are shared around. It's a rare game when SOMEONE doesn't have 10 deaths. I'm not saying that it's the right way to play or that the "don't die" critique isn't the best advice, I'm just saying that dying doesn't mean you're feeding or not carrying in OCE bronze. It's CERTAINLY something I need to improve on, but this is the Bear Theory: you don't need to not feed, you just need to be less of a feeder than the other team. It's win or loss, there is no matter of degrees.

I odn't think the best way to learn the game, or more accurately I don't think the best way to TEACH the game is to say to someone "You die 10 times in mid, you're a scrub don't play mid".
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #33865 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by zoraster »

Theoretically more players in a system will
Make bronze 5 worse not better for the exact reason that it makes diamond 1/challenger better. I mean I know it's not a bell curve but the more people there are the more the wings will be made of the exceptionally bad or good. I guess discounting trolls and elohell though
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #33866 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Oman »

Possibly. I haven't played any ranked on NA/EUW/TUR/etc
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33867 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I have a friend in Bronze V that I spectate sometimes for fun. The game ended in 30 minutes 50-40 in terms of kills. It's like watching basketball.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #33868 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 33864, Oman wrote:TBH I don't think bronze oce is any worse than bronze NA. I think the problem is at higher levels where the lack of competition and scrims means that the "best" team is Legacy who aren't great. Because there's no one to push them harder or for them to learn by playing against.

My comment is only that within the meta of bronze oce (and I only know that because that's where I play) dying a lot is normal. Most games have 40-50 kills and those deaths are shared around. It's a rare game when SOMEONE doesn't have 10 deaths. I'm not saying that it's the right way to play or that the "don't die" critique isn't the best advice, I'm just saying that dying doesn't mean you're feeding or not carrying in OCE bronze. It's CERTAINLY something I need to improve on, but this is the Bear Theory: you don't need to not feed, you just need to be less of a feeder than the other team. It's win or loss, there is no matter of degrees.

I odn't think the best way to learn the game, or more accurately I don't think the best way to TEACH the game is to say to someone "You die 10 times in mid, you're a scrub don't play mid".

On OCE, The player base is significantly smaller(so small they removed draft normals because it was taking to long to get a game and the games had too much swing in mmr) There are also more newer players because of how long the OCE server has been around compared to the the NA, EUW, Korea, Nordic, and Chinese. The player base is typically less skilled, so if you are low ranked on a small server, you will typically be much lower on a big server.

All bronze people have a problem with dying too much. The goal is to get more money than your opponent so you can crush the nexus and win. By taking objectives you get global gold. By not giving up objectives, the enemy is denied global gold. By getting kills, you get gold, by not dying, you deny your opponent gold, especially bounty gold. So dying a shitload is a huge problem, because you are lessening your advantage. I rather have an 0/10 guy on my team then a 14/10 guy, because the 14/10 is giving WAY more gold to the enemy and making it that much harder for me to carry.

Also my point in saying "you die 10 times mid so don't play mid" wasn't to teach him how to play mid, It was to tell him how ridiculous it is for him to:
  • Get upset over someone demanding a role that he doesn't main
  • Think he's the best midlaner in bronze when he can't even finish even or better
  • Think that he isn't feeding the enemy mid/that there's less of a chance of the enemy getting fed if he plays a lane he isn't at his best at when someone else he is in queue with feels more comfortable there

I'm not a midlaner by any means, and it's not like I don't see mid laners feed. But I don't try to wrestle the spot out from under them or have the audacity to think I could of done better because I know i'm not comfortable there in my level. He's better off playing a role he is better at then trying to "not feed" mid. It's a lesson in self-awareness. Look at your stats. Do you notice that you are significantly worse at one particular role or champ? Ranked is not the place to practice(except for when it is which i won't get into). You're playing ranked to win games(typically). Don't play things you aren't confident you can win with in ranked. And if you do, don't bitch when you get smoked in bronze OCE.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33869 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 33859, Maestro wrote:2. Seems like Tear -> Manamune / Archangel's is for poke-based mana-heavy caster (both AD and AP) champs. I've seen what I guess are recommended / viable / meta builds involving this item on all of [ Ezreal / Jayce / Ryze / Karthus (?) ]. Considering there are more poke-based mana-heavy caster (both AD and AP) champs than the short list above, why is it not built more often? I understand Ryze scales uniquely off of mana, but given the champion archetypes present and the spells in the kits of the other 3, I don't really understand why they're the only other meta picks for this build path. Enlighten me, fellows?

Part of it is inertia from before the Athene's nerf I think. Champions who don't benefit as much from the CDR pick up Tear a little more frequently these days, especially when the enemy team has little magic damage.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #33870 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by PJ. »

Something i might as well add, if he wants to learn how to play mid, we have a handful of midlaners in thread that could help him(and have tried) but as lil g mentioned, he asks for advice and then shoots it down, which is ridiculously retarded.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33871 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by dramonic »

Hey Lil G, can I take your challenge to?
It's not that Talon is my most played champ in ranked... but it is.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33872 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

Here's what I think is going on with the tear thingy. Archangel/Manamune aren't great until you've got a lot of stacks on them, and doing that takes time. The ideal time to stack these is in lane, but tear gives you just mana, and buying just mana in lane isn't great because while you get more spells in, your opponent got items that make his stuff hurt more. But if you buy tear after lane then it'll hit full stacks incredibly late into the game.

So you have to have a reason why you can get away with just mana in lane to get tear. It also delays a build by 700g for a powerspike 10+ minutes into the future, making you weaker in the interim.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33873 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 33854, PJ. wrote:Also WHY IS SAKI SUCH A CUNT? JESUS FUCK. YOU AREN'T EVEN ANY FUCKING GOOD AND CONSISTENTLY SAY WRONG SHIT.

ok?
You post in this thread to solely belittle people who are OCE Bronze.
And you call me a cunt.
Oh, the hypocrisy.
Like, look at your last few posts objectively.

In post 33858, lil g wrote:Yo im drunk and phoneposting but tomorrow evening your time I want Jazon Wassa, Rayfrost, and Saki in that order, your Talon vs my Nidalee.
One Rayfrost is a good laner who can actually explain what he's doing.
Two Wazza you must be actually retarded to be holding it down in b5 on OCE, hint: SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOU and you've trolled out my effortposting for the last time.
and three Saki you fancy yourself a bigtime midlaner and I think you're talking out of your ass right now so unless you can guarantee victory as Talon vs my sorry old g5 mid nidalee I'd shut up or put your money where your mouth is. Your theoretical knowledge doesn't mean shit, the best you can hope for is to stay back, give up farm and play it out to some kind of weird draw where you have half my cs and manage to not die in a game with no variables. If that's what you want to do to keep your P5 mafiascum cred then yeeeeehaw and lets do it, but if you actually think you're going to kill me you are fucking delusional.

1) I'm not a "big-time mid main"
2) The fact that you're playing mid Nidalee in g5 and the fact that you want to 1v1 to prove to people that you're good makes you a fucking tool
3) Add Atlantica. I wasted 6300IP on a champion that I'll never play again for you.

please don't overestimate your "sorry old g5 mid nidalee"
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience