Civers unite!!!!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #201 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Maybe it's my nostalgia filter, or maybe it's just me not really ever getting into any of the others, but Alpha Centauri was always the best civilization to me. I was hoping Beyond Earth would be AC2, but it doesn't seem to be the case from Quadz' review.

A shame.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #203 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:45 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh okay, will have to check it out then. Does it have the same customization system? Amazing custom units were the best part of AC, as well as just having a more streamlined feeling than civ to me (civ has like 40 resources, AC had 3). It was that kind of simple-yet-complex feeling that really made it work for me.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #206 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:53 am

Post by GreyICE »

I liked city unit support. It represented kind of an ongoing supply line needed - your units needed food, ammo, fuel, etc. From a game perspective, it heavily punished you for building huge armies and sitting on them. If you had a huge army, you needed to use it for gain, or you were going to fall behind really rapidly.

Sure, there were some balance changes you could do, hell, that's what I wanted - balance changes, AI upgrade, a few new mechanics, maybe make the native lifeforms a little more interesting (AX did some good things there, but a lot more could be done). And some new mechanics, hex grids, that sort of stuff.

I dunno, I do love the idea of super-unique units to go with the customization, but I'd love to be able to "build your own titan" type of thing.

Bah, maybe someone will do some modding.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “The Arcade”