League of Legends (Old)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #39775 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I've never been flamed for playing Malz
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #39776 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Wait I think I read your post wrong
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39777 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by dramonic »

he refers to adc mid
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39778 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:19 am

Post by quadz08 »

I actually have a pretty easy time farming as corki, generally? (Relatively easy, anyway, I am legit terrible at CS)
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #39779 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:18 am

Post by zoraster »

Malzahar would be a great pick up if you're looking for a lesser used champion. At low elos people (read: me) have no idea how to deal with his combination of Damage over Time and stupid skuttle crab.

Honestly, at low elos I think any real ADC is fine as long as you play it a lot and know how to use them in your muscle memory. Also there's something to be said at low elos for giving an opponent something they aren't familiar with even if overall it has a low win rate. If your main role isn't ADC, I'd pick a champion with a natural escape though.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39780 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:04 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 39767, animorpherv1 wrote:but your team will struggle to kill you

Yeah cause i always play 1v9 as support.

zoraster wrote:Honestly, at low elos I think any real ADC is fine as long as you play it a lot and know how to use them in your muscle memory. Also there's something to be said at low elos for giving an opponent something they aren't familiar with even if overall it has a low win rate. If your main role isn't ADC, I'd pick a champion with a natural escape though.

It does and doesn't matter at the same time, there are always going to be ADC's that are countered by other ones, or just plain stronger, though picking one that suits your skills definitely helps.

IE: Pick ADC caster's if your good with skillshots.

quadz08 wrote:I actually have a pretty easy time farming as corki, generally? (Relatively easy, anyway, I am legit terrible at CS)

If it's before sheen, it might be due to the slightly higher base damage (his true damage passive means to minions you do slightly higher damage which can make it slightly easier)

If it's after sheen, it's cause your able to shit out abilitys and CS with the sheen proc's decently.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #39781 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:42 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 39778, quadz08 wrote:I actually have a pretty easy time farming as corki, generally? (Relatively easy, anyway, I am legit terrible at CS)

Corki is easy to farm with because of his passive.

He's hard to play well in team fights because of all the spell weaving and his e
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #39782 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:43 am

Post by BROseidon »

Corki can cs ranged under turret with no buffering from the support. He and draven are the only ones who can do that
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #39783 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:44 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'm so sick of Sona right now. Whatever you do,
please
don't play Sona into Leona by running up to her.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #39784 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:26 am

Post by mykonian »

Probably none of you care, but there's some reddit hate on Riot's recent move to increase RP costs in none USA regions (in a response to recent developments in exchange rates). People see a 10% increase and then complain how between the regions the cost for RP is simply not the same and hasn't been before. Which is impossible anyway, but maybe there's some fair criticism there. Regardless it stinks for anyone involved. In a span of just months, Riot has seen an effective decrease of their EU revenue by 25-30%, since I assume they write their results in dollars. That is rough. So they decide to share the pain a little bit, take the hit in possible sales perhaps. For EU, RP is in practice something you are importing from a US based company... the euro gets cheaper, importing costs more.

All in all, it's not ideal, but it's understandable...
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #39785 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Cabd »

I don't quite understand the hate. They made up for it by making the regional icons cost RP here and IP there, totally fair.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #39786 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

I mean, that's more interesting than anything else that goes on in this thread.

Seems to me their actions are completely defensible. I can't say whether it's a good business decision or not, solely because it's only to be expected that the user base would choose to flip a shit instead of trying to understand. But it *should* be a good decision.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #39787 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:25 am

Post by BROseidon »

People are acting entitled towards things they aren't entitled too.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39788 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:49 am

Post by DeathNote »

Ugh... Aatrox
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #39789 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:24 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

If I see one more Ezreal:

1. Fail to finish a single item (read as: parts of items, and fail to finish them)
  2. Lose lane and proceed to blame everyone but himself
  3. BUILD A SHEEN THEN JUST SIT ON IT AND RUSH IE/BT
  4. Ask for adc then instalock Ezreal

I will throw this computer out of a window. Seriously, I've never seen an Ezreal win lane or go even. EVER. Useless champion is useless! I'm seriously convinced Ezreal is league's only troll champion.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #39790 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:26 am

Post by Cabd »

Dunno man, my Tear-rushing jinx in ranked kinda matches that
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #39791 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:31 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 39790, Cabd wrote:Dunno man, my Tear-rushing jinx in ranked kinda matches that

I would take this over Ezreal.

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #39792 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Cabd »

She didn't know that the minigun was a thing? started Q and stayed rocket form entire game? Yeah you dont want that dude.
Show

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #39793 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:34 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

At least she'd be able to stay safe through chompers and zap plus 700 range.

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #39794 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:38 am

Post by Cabd »

That said I do agree that ezreal is one of those ADCs I can't see myself ever playing because their kit seems underwhelming.
Show

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39795 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:51 am

Post by quadz08 »

Ez only works if you get ahead early / have a solid tank line so you can just fight foreeeeverrrrrr

and he has very underwhelming lategame damage compared to other adcs, particularly aa-heavy adcs like caitlin / tristana / etc
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #39796 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:52 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Then why play an adc that's so dependent on getting ahead.. and still being largely useless? I don't get it.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39797 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 39796, animorpherv1 wrote:Then why play an adc that's so dependent on getting ahead.. and still being largely useless? I don't get it.

Very mobile; great synergy w/on-hit items/effects on Q; Q is good for poke, too; R is good for neutral snipes, and great for Teamfight damange if you get 2 or more hit by it (especially if you don't hit minions at all/until after champions.

From what I've gathered, though, Ezreal is amazing in either long teamfights (where he can Q for days and poke everyone down) or probably scattered teamfights (where he isn't being bum-rushed by everyone and their mother, and thus can focus down specific champions and use both his passive and on-hits to 1v1 his opponent down before the fight gets more centered (if it does; should Ez win while the fight goes south for his team, he can probably just E out).

If you don't like champs that need long teamfights to be effective, though, then I can see why you think he's useless.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #39798 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:22 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 39797, Voidedmafia wrote:Very mobile; great synergy w/on-hit items/effects on Q; Q is good for poke, too; R is good for neutral snipes, and great for Teamfight damange if you get 2 or more hit by it (especially if you don't hit minions at all/until after champions.

ALL of this save "very mobile" is done by Jinx.

In post 39797, Voidedmafia wrote:From what I've gathered, though, Ezreal is amazing in either long teamfights (where he can Q for days and poke everyone down) or probably scattered teamfights (where he isn't being bum-rushed by everyone and their mother, and thus can focus down specific champions and use both his passive and on-hits to 1v1 his opponent down before the fight gets more centered (if it does; should Ez win while the fight goes south for his team, he can probably just E out).

If you don't like champs that need long teamfights to be effective, though, then I can see why you think he's useless.

... Jinx? Again? Rocket Q and W is great (and better) poke (you can't MISS an autoattack on 95% of champs), she does great in extended teamfights because of it, and scattered teamfights is AMAZING for Jinx because of her passive.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39799 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Iecerint »

His damage is super strong when he gets TF.

He's safer than other champions who also get really strong with TF in the midgame (Kog, Corki).

I think he used to be crowded out by Corki, but I think the balance is better after Corki's W mana cost was changed.

Return to “The Arcade”