League of Legends (Old)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #27905 (isolation #200) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:11 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

SAD, are you trying to argue that Caitlyn is the most difficult ADC to play?

Cause that is wack.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #27906 (isolation #201) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:12 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 27900, dramonic wrote:Out of curiosity, are you guys going to stop the posturing and dick measuring anytime soon or is that just wishful thinking?
Beeeep. Bob Kelso, 10 inches.
Edit for lolz:
Spoiler:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #27912 (isolation #202) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:25 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Janna

Summary: Monsoon now channels immediately on activation and the channel duration has been reduced. Additionally, we’re increasing Monsoon’s heal per second and total heal amount.

Since we removed a lot of Janna’s invisible power, we can now buff up some of the cooler parts of her kit. Since Monsoon is one of Janna’s big moments in the spotlight, we decided to throw caution to the wind and buff her up with more healing potential and immediate gains.

R - Monsoon

Now begins channeling immediately upon activation (from an initial 0.25 second cast time)
Total channel duration reduced to 3 seconds (from 4 seconds)
Heal per second increased to 100/150/200 (+0.6 ability power) (from 70/110/150 (+0.35 ability power)
Total heal amount increased to 300/450/600 (+1.8 ability power) (from 280/440/600 (+1.4 ability power))
Janna was already still op.

More reasson to build Athenes/Banshees/Dcap on her though. woot.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28124 (isolation #203) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:19 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28119, Iecerint wrote:You can't even PvP until level 5.
really? That is new.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28127 (isolation #204) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:35 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

^ yes
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28129 (isolation #205) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:45 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Skarner rework?! Fuck yea he needed a buff:

:down:
Summary: We gave Crystal Slash a stacking attack speed buff and moved its slow over to Fracture, which in turn lost its heal mark mechanic. Exoskeleton’s movement speed bonus now ramps up over 3 seconds instead of instantly and Impale will root the target during the windup animation.
Uh ok fuck you too riot, he didnt need a nerf.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28130 (isolation #206) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Riots idea of a rework.

Move the slow from his Q to his E.
Move the AS buff from his W to Q.

Make W react ramp up for god knows why for MS.
Skarner will no longer prematurely celebrate with his catch lines ("NOW I’VE GOT YOU!") unless he has successfully grabbed a target.
Oh god now my flash-ults that I miss will be less embarrassing.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28147 (isolation #207) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

You can take runes you no longer wantneed and combine them into random new ones. Check the rune page.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28177 (isolation #208) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:54 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28175, notscience wrote:What boots do you guys build on Ez?
Burrzurkers
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28178 (isolation #209) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:56 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28163, Iecerint wrote:Welp, I guess I need to learn to play differently when I have a bad early game. Ouch.
TBH, being able to size up how ahead/behind you are is one of the biggest parts of the game- so definitely.

Also having an eye for individual matchups/engages is important.

I think I mained Jungling for long enough that I got a good feel for that.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28197 (isolation #210) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28190, Iecerint wrote:Support
Talisman of Ascension/
Frost Queen's Claim

Mercury's Treads
/Sorcerer's Shoes/Ionian (depends on above and whether you want to blow things up)
Athene's Unholy Grail
Ruby Sightstone
Rabadon's Deathcap

Lichbane/Mikael's Crucible
I may not be the most conventional support player and these look like things I would buy : P

Screw frost queens claim though. Just gotta get to the one below that. Dorans shield is bought by 99% of supports now and I guess I see it. I play janna though and sit in the back and spam shields so its not needed,.

Athenes/defensive boots/sightstone -> Dcap is like my core though.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28198 (isolation #211) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28193, xRECKONERx wrote:Sightstone should be an early buy most of the time but upgrading it to ruby is probably not worth it anymore with ward limits.

Chalice is a good early build but you don't want both Athene's & Mikael's Crucible.

Should probably put Aegis in your support category since you should probably be building it if your jungler isn't.
1) ya, Im sorta seeing that. Especially if you get a warding totem. Its definitely not something you need to rush anymore at least. Probably betterto Dcap before finishing the ruby stone.

2) Agree. Especially on certain supports who spam (janna, sona)

3) Meh. Depends on enemy team comp. I probably actually build BV more than aegis on support :P. For tanky supports I d say aegis is more worth it, but Iec is playing Nami/Sona.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28199 (isolation #212) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

BV is especially relevant in the league of thresh.

And Nidalee. If both of those are on the enemy team, you can bet your house I'm building BV on support.
Last edited by AngryPidgeon on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28201 (isolation #213) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya my bad, BV = Banshees Veil.

Which is an item I wouldnt say is core for ANY role, but is very situationally amazing against enemy teams that have a lot of poke (nidalee, mundo) and initiate (ashe, thresh, blitz)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28203 (isolation #214) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28202, BROseidon wrote:LW second is standard right now because
randuin's
Shyvana is fucking broken to shit.
ftfy : P
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28208 (isolation #215) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

It depends on the comp. But I mean if you block a Nid spear with that, that is like 50% of your HP potentially.

Ignoring blocks that will outright save your life (Ahri, blitz, Thresh, Ashe, Warwick, Annie)

Some spammy champs are worth getting it against. Like Ez would be a good example of someone it may not be worth against.

Nidalee /Teemo I guess are the primary 'spammers' Im concerned about.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28209 (isolation #216) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

to a lesser degree, Caitlyn is pretty good to get BV against.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28211 (isolation #217) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28210, animorpherv1 wrote:Rod of Ages
Archangel's Staff
Sorceror's Shoes
Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff
Zhonya's Hourglass
People actually buy Rod or Archangels anymore?

I thought it was like Dorans->Dorans->Dcap
or
Liandrys (depending on champ) -> dcap
or Athenes -> dcap

3rd item prolly being void staff.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28212 (isolation #218) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

With Sorc shoes thrown in whenever.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28215 (isolation #219) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Athene's just seems far superior than AA for that though?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28217 (isolation #220) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I've still been getting it on Zil, but I need to figure out my build on him agains since my old roA -> Dcap -> FH -> GA build is prolly not so great any more :P

I thought his bombs used to do damage during the countdown, but apparently not? Or they changed that? If they do, Id probably rush liandrys.

The right answer is probably just Athenes and just start bottle or something.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28267 (isolation #221) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:43 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Spoiler: yesssss
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28291 (isolation #222) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Spoiler: I got a little carried away rambling about janna
vI've played wayyyyy more Janna games than I care to count.

In the current meta, at least, you -probably- aren't going to out-trade or otherwise force opponents out of lane unless they misplay particualrly hard (letting your ADC get 2-3 shots on them for free at L1). Against Annie/Thresh, I don't particularly expect to out-trade them
at all
in the first few minutes of the game. Esepcially when they get Doran's shield which seems to be almost always (at least around my level, don't know what others are doing). I've seen way more Thresh and Blitz than any other support recently. Leona and Annie are -occasional- appearances, but less experience with them this season.

Janna doesn't want to play aggressive most of the time. I've settled on starting Coin/Ward/Pot/WardTrinket on her. Its pretty important to keep the relevant lane bush warded, but its kind of a trap to try and maintain control of it because you want to avoid hard engages. Its best to keep sight of it, but try and stand near (and probably slightly behind) your ADC and make sure you have creeps blocking enemy skill shots. If you are very responsive with shields, you can pretty easily maintain a farm lane from levels 1-4 ish until you run out of mana or otherwise can't sustain any more. You have to have good timing with shields though. Premature shielding will waste mana (and your ADC will likely not try and trade while its up anyways) and late shielding will just get your ADC poked to death.

Once your ADC can afford a Vamp Scepter, the lane changes quite a bit. At that point, you can start winning trades against aggressive supports. The general idea is to never get hit (position defensively, let your ADC be more forward). All shields will pretty much be on the ADC and they -should- be able to out-trade quite well around level 5 which is when shields start getting fat and giving significant AD buffs.

As for specific matchups, I still fear Zyra the most I think. Blitzcrank is just like fighting Blitz as any other champ: don't get pulled. If you play defensive and don't worry about bush control outside of warding it, this isn't extremely difficult. If your ADC gets pulled, that is bad, but less bad than you getting pulled. Chiefly because with Exhaust/Q/Shield, they shouldn't ever be getting dunked by a pull if they do get pulled. If they have Vamp Scepter, that and shields is good sustain which means you aren't even necessarily forced out of lane at that point if they DO take large damage. If they are getting pulled excessively, you should probably just rage at them until you get banned cause there is no saving that regardless of anything. If Blitz gets a doran's, try even less to trade. Just enjoy your Gp5 item, wardstone up, and win the farm war.

Thresh is a lot like blitz except you can stand closer to him than you can blitz and can try and trade with him. He'll do more poke, but his engages will be a little less devastating if he gets them. You aren't going to win any early trade wars with him (well not NEVER, but rarely) if he gets a Doran's shield. If he doesn't get a shield, its ok to try and harass him back a bit if you ado so while not in Q range.

Annie is a matchup I'm not seeing too much despite her being FotM. Re what Ray said, you shouldn't ever be standing close enough to your ADC to take AoE at the same time. Positioning is going to be similar here, just stand defensively, its really not a crime to use your ADC as a wall (if you can shield them responsively, its ok). If she has a Doran's shield, its not worth trying to auto attack her at all. Potentially pressure the enemy ADC if you can do it without being too close to Annie's initiate. Its most likely better that Annie initiate on your ADC than you since you can shield (or Exhaust if really needed) defensively in response to a good initiate. Your ADC will likely have better defensive stats than you at this point anyhow. A well timed Q on their ADC can prevent an auto attack or so from going off which can make/break individual trades like this.

Leona is Janna's funnest matchup. Fun because Janna can absolutely wreck her, but if you misstep at all, you are going to get destroyed. Even more than other matchups, you HAVE to keep the lane bush warded that Leona camps out in. Against Leona, you ideally want to stand next to your ADC as much as possible. Countering the Leona E with Q takes a fair amount of timing, but if you can get to the point where you are blocking it most of the time, Leona will be 100% useless. In this matchup, trying to poke/out-trade the enemy ADC is very viable since Leona has no sustain. As long as you can prevent Leona from initiating on you, you will win the lane early. That said, if Leona successfully combos you even once, its going to hurt a lot and potentially mean death if you were already not full HP. You have to have the Tornado hit Leona AFTER her E lands on someone. If she throws her E out and you Q her and then it hits you, she will still grab you. The dynamic changes when you both hit level 6 a bit. Leona's ability to stun before the initiate is huge and not extremely preventable. I tend to play more defensive when she hits 6 (usually the opposite with most matchups) unless her ult is down or I know we are winning the lane notably. Once again, its mostly ok if Leona blows the ult on your ADC and misses you. You can shield them and gust her away still.

Taric is boring and not particularly difficult to play against. Don't get E'd, its ok if your AD does, just shield them.

--

Good ADCs (totally off the top of my head) for Janna:

Caitlyn - Long range and good disengage pairs well for early game farming. Caitlyn with Shield spam is actually a bit of a terror and overall Janna/Cait makes the core of a kite comp.
Draven - I don't understand this one at all even remotely. But I actually expect to win early trades if I have Draven as an ADC with me. His auto attack damage is fucking through the roof and with a little protection, he mows down opponents. Its a little bizzare.
Jinx - Shes OP. Also her minigun stacks AttackSpeed which makes the AD steroid from shields even more relevant. I don't expect to win early engages with her too much, but around level 5-6 you should be a powerhouse. Don't engage in extended fights too much, but quick skirmishes/trades will almost always go well.

--

Things that counter Janna: Fizz, Yasuo, Master Yi, Zyra, and in general anything that can stunlock you to death. Good defensive positioning is the only counter to that really (although its a good one)

--

Items: Sightstone. Ruby sightstone is a little less relevant now that you can only have 3 wards out anyways (and should have a warding trinket). I run CDR blues on Janna, so I tend to get either Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads depending on the enemy team comp. Chalice makes Janna's sustain infinitely better and I like getting Athenes on her for the CDR (which is arguably her biggest stat). After that, I like Deathcap in general since her slows, heals, shields, ad-steroid all scale with this. Banshee's Veil is actually really good on her depending on the team comp since her one weakness is getting stunlocked/dove before she can disengage (and being tanky in general is surprisingly not a bad build). If the enemy team is extremely AD heavy, I would opt for Frozen Heart over Athene's.

In team fights, Janna positioning is weird. If they are dive heavy, you probably want to park on top of your ADC and be ready to fling Qs and R out whenever they get jumped. If the enemy team is bruiser heavy, supporting your front line is clutch because shields add up to a huge amount of sustain over time (especially if you are building Deathcap) and your ult will serve more purpose as an AOE heal. Generally you'll use it in that case if one of your tanks is going down and can potentially be saved by knocking opponents back. In team fights where your team is ahead or otherwise making the play, aggressive ults can be extremely powerful. If you can get in the middle of the enemy team and knock 1-2 of them towards your team and the rest away, that can turn a fight into a 5v2 for a couple seconds which is huge. This is easier to do with proper support (amumu on your team or something similar) or if you REALLY catch them unprepared.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28293 (isolation #223) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Alien Invadurr
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28299 (isolation #224) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:10 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28296, PJ. wrote:If MF was any good at all right now(and I heard she will be soon) MF-Janna works the same way. Give her the shield and let her put it on and in the enemy ADC.
Ya Ia actually thought abut that after I posted.

Mf hasn't seen playtime since solo-mid Ads were a thing : P though, but I agree she plays well with Janna. She trades really well early game and spamming shields on her early game makes her REALLY hard to out-trade.

And AD steroid goes with her Q and W well early.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28311 (isolation #225) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:56 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Also if you can make Vayne go 0/5/0, the enemy team will start flaming them instead of actually playing the game :P
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28312 (isolation #226) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

So I think Skarner top might actually be slightly viable now?

I tried it out in a normal and did ok against a riven.

Not the greatest Riven, but I still won my lane without having tried this before.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28316 (isolation #227) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:42 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28315, PJ. wrote:no, but if you are gonna log 100 hours into 1 guy, he might as well look fly
I'm just glad I finally got my fan service Graves skin. Now Graves just needs a buff >.>
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28523 (isolation #228) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I love how the announcers in LCS took a jab at doublelift with some comment about face checking bushes in the game against Coast, I think?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28525 (isolation #229) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:52 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28519, lil g wrote:What fundamentals am I lacking?
You are lacking in one or more of the following:
Game knowledge (champions, abilities, summoners, item builds, who beats who)
Mechanics (the ability to make your champion do exactly what you intend)
Laning (cs, trading)
Post-lane (pushing, teamfighting, objectives)
I agree its important to be passable at anything and be able to do 2-3 things well.

Mechanics (last-hitting, skillshots) are something I think just comes with practice and concentration.

I think its generally important to go into a game with an open mindset though. Try to remember matchups that are bad for you, try to find winning combos or things that work well together. Whenever you die, always ask yourself what you did wrong. (Did you chase too far, is your lane matchup bad, is your early game build bad, did you not ward enough)? Self reflection is what makes someone get better. People who blame teammates are generally goingto get stuck in Bronze. Sure, sometimes your teammates will fuck up royally by feeding LeBlanc 10-0 20 mins in or whatever. But in general you can't control your teammates and you gotta figure what YOU can do better in any situation.

The only thing I think you left out (and that most lower level players are lacking more than anything) is map awareness. Which is not something you learn by repetition as easily. You have to know when to ward and where and when to watch the minimap. Its easier to learn this as a jungler since you can watch the map easier since you aren't focusing on last hitting. But warding the correct choke points and being able to notice their jungler before they are on top of you (or predict/see their movement in general) is huge. On top of that, knowing what lanes are gankable, what plays are makeable, and where you can safely position yourself mid-late game is part of that.

I spend a lot of time staring at the minimap when I play junglers/supports mid-late game. If a lot of people are spread out on my map, I might stare at it more than I do my screen itself.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28526 (isolation #230) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:56 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28524, GreyICE wrote:LiftLift really did use to be famous for it. Just watch the season 2 World Championships he had some EPIC facechecks into bushes including one time he had visibility on like 1 person and decided to go farm bot lane with no turret at 30 minutes. Yes the tribush had 4 people in it.
Ya I remember seeing an epic compilation vid of his facechecks a long time ago, was pretty funny.

I'm excited for Dignitas VS TSM this weekend ^^. Someone needs to take them down and I think Dig is a better team than their record indicates.

EDIT: Also C9 vs TSM is definitely going to be a good show.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28527 (isolation #231) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I really liked Evil Geniuses running Urgot Soraka, but I've been since disappointed with their boring ass Sivir + Tank comps.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28535 (isolation #232) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28528, notscience wrote:AP I read your Janna bit and got inspired to play Janna and listen and I've done good in the two I've played with her but I'm still figuring it all out

What masteries do you run? I run 0/9/21
0/9/21 sounds right;

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20543984#masteries

EDIT: Im not sure how I feel about the division Im running in 21. Wealth is probably a better mastery than I give it credit for. Bandit might also be.

I think I feel ok about not running Expanded Mind since I generally go athene's and have 0 mana problems after I do anyhow.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28536 (isolation #233) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28530, Saki wrote:.
the shield is instant cast so if you have a fast enough reaction time just put it up on them when they try to trade with the enemy
Ya, I generally only cast it when I see a source of damage incoming. It takes practice to get timing down, but generally I like to do it when I see the enemy auto attack animation go off but before it reaches my ADC.

Similarly for spells. Graves is the most annoying champ to predict I think (fast missile speed?). I havent been up against him in a while since he kinda sucks, but I remember having issues shielding his Qs and autos more than most champs.

Thresh can be slightly annoying since his auto is instant, have to kind of get used to the range he can attack from.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28537 (isolation #234) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Lol, I just went digging around TheOddOne's lolking page to try and find a good Jungle Pantheon Rune/mastery build and like 90% of his pages are troll names:

"red wine", "rum and coke", "OK", "mankey", "bear", "spider", "horse". I did find a mastery page called mantheon tho. Im surprised most of his jungling mastery pages don't go 9 util for the jungle buff bonus?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28542 (isolation #235) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 28539, MrZepher wrote:Unless you're going a jungler with little mobility (no gap close or ranged cc) the 9 in defense is generally better since it lets you stay on the map longer before your first back.
I'm used to running 0/21/9 on my junglers.

Im also used to running junglers that are typically seen as tanks I guess. (Amumu, Nunu, Udyr?, Skarner?)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28543 (isolation #236) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Dyrus also ha some hilariously named rune pages and like around 3 of them dedicated to Tryndamere oO
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28602 (isolation #237) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:18 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

DRK laying down wisdom in the thread.

If you are blaming your teammates instead of figuring out how you could do better, you will lose.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28609 (isolation #238) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I want Drapion Skarner
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28613 (isolation #239) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Time for a TRUE display of skill
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28887 (isolation #240) » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:04 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

UGh. Winning Streak. Make it to promos.

My ADC DCs after 5 mins of the first one.

Comcast fucks up my internet 2 mins into the next one. GG throwmos.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29048 (isolation #241) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29045, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:New spellthief is very, very good, even its third form gives you a lot of gold and power
I've been running Nidalee support with this and enjoying myself immensely. Its pretty good now.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29049 (isolation #242) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:58 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29046, ActionDan wrote:ive lost like 4 ranked in a row. mad. wat do
"heimerdinger jungle or I feed"

Smite TP heimerdinger.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29269 (isolation #243) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:24 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29267, MrZepher wrote:AP Ezreal (shudder).
Ya Im pretty terribad with Ezreal.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29288 (isolation #244) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

On the enemy ADCs dick.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29292 (isolation #245) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I don't play much ARAM nor Akali, but her job is to dive the enemy back line an instagib any glass cannons she finds there.

So you probably want to hover around vayne and look for an opportunity to dive her if a fight gets started.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29407 (isolation #246) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29380, xRECKONERx wrote:The Lee Sin nerfs are way too fucking over the top.
No nerf is too great.

Fucking finally.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29433 (isolation #247) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:34 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29428, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:No one straight up 'beats' renekton.
IDK, thats probably just because you must first open your mind outside of the standard top meta.

Vayne probably would shred him. Also probably most AP carries (lux comes to mind).
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29442 (isolation #248) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29438, Iecerint wrote:Is Nidalee really played top very frequently? What's she doing on that top match-ups list? O.o
Occasionally, not frequently. People tend to get triforce on her when they do.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29444 (isolation #249) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Teemo is fine against him.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29476 (isolation #250) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:44 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Zhonyas is the best karthus counter
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29478 (isolation #251) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I actually really like Soraka, but she sort of needs the right team comp to do well. If your team is something like Rumble/Diana/Amumu she will faceroll people.

Also if she lanes with the right champ, the mana battery is a terror.

Caitlyn/Soraka lanes are a terror.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29485 (isolation #252) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:03 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

MR reduces the damage you take by magic sources by a certain %. I think that formula is:

MR / (MR + 100) = % reduction., so 0 MR = 0% reduction and 100 MR = 50% reduction (effectively doubled HP against magic).
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29487 (isolation #253) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:15 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Basically every 100 MR adds another N to your effective HP against magic where N is your HP.

So the benefit you get is entirely linear, multiplicative with your HP. Also once people start getting void staff, it will be worth less.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29491 (isolation #254) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:38 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

It is diminishing returns in that you get < % reduction per point of Mr you have, but that is a fallacy.

I would buy arguments for diminishing returns in that after a point it will obviously be more beneficial to get HP (or potentially armor) over more mr.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29495 (isolation #255) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

"support" doesn't actually mean anything except that the champion is being ran in botlane with an ADC and is expected to not last hit things (and have less income than others on the team as a result).
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29496 (isolation #256) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29492, JasonWazza wrote: P-Edit: I know what your saying, but this part proves it does have diminshing returns
Siveure DtTrikyp wrote: So, you are adding the same amount of eHP, but the reduction you take off HP from 0-50MR is 100, and from 50-100 is 50.
I still think it's worth building it.
No it doesn't because there is no diminishing returns in stacking MR.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29499 (isolation #257) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29498, JasonWazza wrote:There are diminishing returns, your just not actually paying any attention as to how there are diminshing returns.
the effective cost of buying other things (HP) will become better when you have more MR, but MR always offers a linear improvement in your ability to tank magic.

Its like arguing that Attackspeed has diminishing returns because if you buy enough of it, it becomes more cost effective to just get AD. You dont actually get LESS DPS output the more AS you buy.

Same with MR.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29508 (isolation #258) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok, all Im asking is that we stop misusing the term "diminishing returns".

Spoiler: Shit no one cares about, the conclusion of which is that stacking MR is a linear benefit
eHP = HP * (1 - MR/(100+MR))-1

deHP/dMR = effective change in HP relative to change in MR.

Let f(x) = 1 - MR/100+MR

eHP = HP * f(x)-1

Apply chain rule:

deHP/dMR = HP * (-1) * f(x)-2 * df(x)/dMR

Solve for df(x)/dMR:

f(x) = 1 - MR/100+MR

Apply quotient rule:
df(x)/dMR = - [(1)(100+MR) - (MR)(1)] / [(100 + MR)2]

df(x)/dMR = - 100 / (100 + MR)2

Sub this back into the original:

deHP/dMR = HP * (-1) * (1 - MR/100+MR)-2 * (-1) * 100/(100+MR)2

The -1s cancel out. Turn the 1 into (100+MR/100+MR) in order to add it the other fraction:

deHP/dMR = HP * [(100 + MR - MR)/(100 + MR)]-2 * 100/(100+MR)2

deHP/dMR = HP * (100+MR)2 / 1002 * 100 / (100+MR)2

Cancel these out:

deHP/dMR = HP/100
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29515 (isolation #259) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29514, Iecerint wrote:If you just mean "stacking straight AS is less efficient per slot/gold than balancing AS and AD because of their multiplier," then that is true, but that is different than diminishing returns in my English YMMV.
Now you see why I dislike people calling MR stacking diminishing returns :P

The effective HP is the number that actually matters. The % reduction is just an intermediate and distracting number that fails to account for what is (probably?) an infinite series that sums up to a linear benefit.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29517 (isolation #260) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Im going to kill myself, BRB.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29605 (isolation #261) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Corki isn't as much dps endgame
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29671 (isolation #262) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:07 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

My company has a team that plays in this corporate league. They added me on as top recently (certainly not my best role, but eh) so I've been practicing lots of random top champs in our ranked 5s practice games.

Holy crap, Trundle is pretty op. Apparently his Q works on turrets now (I thought it didnt used to?). He shreds turrets, sustains pretty well, and last hits like a boss.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29948 (isolation #263) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:48 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29943, PJ. wrote:Impossible to overrate leona.
You can overrate her. I'll just pick morgana and make her laning phase 100% useless.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #29960 (isolation #264) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:37 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 29956, lil g wrote:Usually I'm being figurative when I say riot is fucking me in ranked, this was the first time it's been literal.
lol.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30372 (isolation #265) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:31 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

If braums poro is named boo; I will only play that champion ever.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30552 (isolation #266) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Lol all support players are super nice.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30631 (isolation #267) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:04 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 30613, animorpherv1 wrote:Fuck both of them (Teemo especially, he can go DIAF).
Ya, but if they pick Teemo and you are halfway decent with {Rumble, Nunu, swain} you can counterpick him and absolutely crush him.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30632 (isolation #268) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:08 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Support Brand actually seems pretty strong right now. at least for the nobody knowing how to fight it factor.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30635 (isolation #269) » Fri May 02, 2014 8:41 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 30633, chesskid3 wrote:Support velkoz is just better no?
Maybe? I would disagree from personal experience, but like I said that could just be the "How the fuck do I fight this?" factor.

Velkoz's main form of poke is his little T beam which is annoying. His little void crack anility never hits jack shit and I cant even think of what his 3rd ability is. Brand has hard stuns and a variety of hit boxes to hit you with.

I think I was playing ADC the two times I encountered Brand recently and have mostly encountered Velkoz as Janna, so that could change my perspective a bit. As Janna, I just shield the dmg from Velkoz's T-lazer and he becomes mostly useless aside from a mediocre slow effect.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30636 (isolation #270) » Fri May 02, 2014 8:45 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Who was my support...I think I ran into Brand support when duoing with BRO (Mf/Sona) and we just got outzoned and outpoked. I need to start recording replays for my own benefit.

The other time I think I was MF and had..blitz? and just got poked to death ridiculously. Id imagine Soraka is pretty effective against Brand. Also especially Morgana. So probably counter pickable pretty hard, just gotta not pick things that cant trade with him.

Wit no I think it was Lulu. We got out-traded pretty hard though. Brand puts a lot of pressure on where you can stand.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30657 (isolation #271) » Fri May 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Wait nuwen plays/played?!

Top lane isnt my specialty but I strongly doubt Shen is a better pick than Renekton. Like strongly. Especially in anything under Plat.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30660 (isolation #272) » Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Welp I officially have my first smurf/gimmick account:

AGarenIntheHand
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30794 (isolation #273) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:32 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 30777, Iecerint wrote:
In post 30770, Brandi wrote:If you are blue side, try pinking the bush above red behind the dragon pit, that one usually stays alive longer and catches the enemy jungler or mid laner sneaking around.
I love that spot.
Actually I never really used it before, I have started since you pointed it out to me. If Im support on blue side or jungler on either side, I often drop one there.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30797 (isolation #274) » Mon May 05, 2014 11:16 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

A PSA: About Wards

DO

Buy wards. If you are a role other than support, you should probably buy a ward every time you go back to base or every other time. If you can buy a pink and put it in a good place, that will liekly be more gold efficient.

Try to defend your pink wards as best you can without dying for them.

Put wards in bushes. 9 times out of 10, putting a ward in a bush as opposed to near a bush is going to be the right play.

DO NOT

Put wards near other wards on your team. I cannot tell you how many times I, on the blue team, have seen this bullshit. A pinkward in the mini circle bush near baron. And a pink ward not 1 fucking inch away from it, in the bush that wraps around the ledge near midlane. Stop it. Stop wasting your money on shit that gives you no extra vision. People do this in diamond and I dont get it. Fuck. Stop. Spread your wards out efficiently.

Place pinkwards in places they are going to die. This is a bit vague, and may depend on how competent the enemy team is. But the main purpose of pink wards is to put them in places to maximize their longevity. If you are on blue team: Tribush near botlane, Bush behind redbuff, and the bush that hugs midlane near baron are very good spots for wards. Your own blue buff is also a reasonable place for a ward, especially if you are on purple team.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30799 (isolation #275) » Mon May 05, 2014 11:30 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 30798, BROseidon wrote:Top lane: Purple should place in tri, blue should place in the too-late bush.
TBH I think the bush that wraps around Midlane is better for that. This place is almost always goingto get checked when someone ganks your lane. I frequently see people run past the mid bush through baron on their way to gank top w/o checking that ward. And its not like anyone is going to come from your blue buff to gank you. Best to pink near mid and ward Tri with a green imo.
In post 30798, BROseidon wrote:Mid: Small river-bush on blue-side jungle.
Meh, I prefer the bush next to this one because it doesnt get checked / is easier to defend for no real extra advantage to having it in the circle-bush.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30802 (isolation #276) » Mon May 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Depends on the players :p. I'd take that challenge up against a silver karth. Tbph I think learning to play AGAINST champs is more important/relevant than learning how to play specific champs.

And "too late bush" is the bush in the river tight next to top lane.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30825 (isolation #277) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I seem to struggle with getting ganked top regardless of who I play. Iswear top lane always goes pretty well for me and then Wukong just parks his ass up their for a few ganks and Im suddenly getting snowballed.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #30835 (isolation #278) » Tue May 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Has anyone used Lol recorder? Im having extreme issues and the latest version Im on appears to be like a year old. What do?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31245 (isolation #279) » Thu May 29, 2014 9:03 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31234, BROseidon wrote:If I had a real computer and not a laptop, I would probably stream.

I probably wouldn't be super informative, though :/
I have and I think I actually play better when I do. Ive never had many watchers, but I still talk things out as I play which keeps me focused and critical of my self.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31577 (isolation #280) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:10 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31576, PJ. wrote:5. Concentrate on yourself, not on your teammates. You seriously need to be thinking of ways to get better instead of ways to make excuses for why you lost to a bunch of oceania bronzes.
This is pretty much the wisest thing anyone has said.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31589 (isolation #281) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:06 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31582, MrZepher wrote:Teleport is a defensive summoner, as in you use it to defend objectives. For the 1st 20 minutes or so the objective to defend is top turret. Don't randomly tp to bottom lane to try to gank from behind.
Ehhhh?

Except TPing bot lane for a gank is pretty much the best use of teleport. If you can get in at a good time, you double kill botlane and take dragon. Sure there are other uses, but thats the best.

Granted, not the easiest use and certainly requires some awareness from your team.

TP is really an offensive spell. Primarily for that and being able to split push but be able to join a teamfight if one starts.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31590 (isolation #282) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:07 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31585, Saki wrote:The level of
bad
oblivious just went through the roof.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31618 (isolation #283) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31607, PJ. wrote:If you're saying kills don't open up objectives, i would objectively call you an idiot.
Saki was clearly being sarcastic.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31619 (isolation #284) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:40 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31610, MrZepher wrote:I cant wait till the lucian nerfs.

he's not overpowered or anything, I'm just tired of seeing him in every single game.
List of ADCs AP would like to see buffed for this reason:
Ashe
Tristana
Varus
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31620 (isolation #285) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:52 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31617, MrZepher wrote:I'm totally on board with the whole "the only common denominator in your losses is you" but when I look at what I could have done better, and have had people watch my games and tell me what I could have done better, there's nothing I can do to stop my jungler and top lane duo from 2v5 contesting every objective, dying and causing us to lose extra objectives because we now have no front line.
You aren't going to be able to carry every single game ever. It just doesn't do anything productive to focus on your teammates when you could be focusing on
-thinking about the angles you are firing skillshots at and how effective thats been.
-is your build shitty or are you trading better than normal because of it
-can I stop my teammates from doing shitty things with pings or wards?
-am I placing enough wards in good places?

--Fake edit: PSA for everyone about being in the enemy base after taking an inhibitor--

Funny side note, one of the most interesting differences with low level games (if Im Qing with people in normals generally) or plat games is how well teams close things out. It really does come down to objectives alot, but even more than that, what objectives you are swinging for. The most painful mistake below (and sometimes at) plat is people overstaying at the base. People seem to like shoving mid for all its worth. Oh We went up 2 kills? Lets shove mid. Which isn't a bad mindset to have all the time, but there are more objectives than just the mid base turret. Generally speaking, the most cringe-worthy mistake is when people clear out a turret/inhib and then stick around the enemy base....Dont do that. Only stick around if you can take nexus turrets. If you are SURE you can take nexus turretS. Its not worth trying to fight when you are all at 75% HP and the enemy team all just came back up. There is generally no winning that. They have the nexus to fall back to and even if not, you are going to be at a disadvantage so far from your fountain anyhow. For the love of god, if you clear an inhibitor back the fuck up asap. Dont stop to CS. Do not stop to chuck nidalee spears. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Either push a side lane if you have the ward coverage/minion-presence to do it safely/effectively or just run back to base and sprint your ass over to baron to make sure they don't counter-baron off your push.

I was in a game with Iec recently and we took an inhibitor. 1 of us was dead. At least 2 of us were lik half health. We take the inhib and I start running back to a bush to B out and my team gets double killed because they are all staning at the inhib. There is no point to being there. I know its tempting to press and advantage when you are on a roll, but if you just took an inhib YOU DONT NEED TO DO IT THERE. Push a sidelane, threaten baron. Don't just be a sitting duck in the enemy base where they have a chance to retaliate because of their good positioning close to the fountain.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31627 (isolation #286) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:29 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ugh you mean I have to actually start getting Mikaels?

DFG Janna isnt gonna cut it anymore?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31638 (isolation #287) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:38 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31635, MrZepher wrote:If you weren't already building mikael's every game i question your decision making. The active is waaaaay too strong to not build whenever possible.
Varus and Ashe are literally unplayable vs mikael's rush (which is the reason they're not seen competitively even though objectively they can have very good laning phases. Varus especially so.)
Ehhhhh. I mean I've had a weird bias against that item so its possible Im just missing out. I generally rush Talisman if I start coin because Talisman is just that good.

Ashe isn't played because she has no built in escape and doesn't carry as hard as Jinx or Vayne.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31689 (isolation #288) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:53 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31679, dramonic wrote:As far as teamfights go Ziggs is great at sieging/poking, but once the fight starts he's really not that big of a deal (besides the ult)
I ban Ziggs every game I'm first pick. Screw Ziggs.

His lane phase is above average. His ability to negate sieges is 2nd to none. His global presence means botlane is permanently fucked. He has an escape. Screw everything about that champion.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31751 (isolation #289) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:11 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

The BT changes did absolutely nothing towards making either barrier or heal more or less worth it.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31752 (isolation #290) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:11 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Did that actually need to be said?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31758 (isolation #291) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:15 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31755, MrZepher wrote:Heal outscales barrier sure but there are several instances where you will not be able to use heal before you're dead.
Ehhhh. If you are actually dying THAT FAST then something is wrong. And I doubt barrier provides any significant boost in this circumstance anyhow.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31760 (isolation #292) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:17 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31756, PJ. wrote:Not sure if this works or if it is even possible in practice but can you get your BT shield taken down, Pop Barrier with little to no actually HP missing, continue shooting the guy who shot you and get more BT Overheal shield? Seems like a low percentage shot but it's something.
Rofl.

This doesnt mean anything though. The net life/shield you gain from your life steal is going to be the same. This just means its in shield form rather than heal form.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31762 (isolation #293) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:21 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31757, MrZepher wrote:apparently he's one of the game analysts for samsung blue.
He should probably be fired then. This is a really straightforward case.

The shield doesnt mean anything. There is no benefit to chaining shields over just liefe-stealing and using heal to get up. Literally none.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31764 (isolation #294) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:25 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31763, MrZepher wrote:LOL AP. HEAVEN FORBID YOUR OPINION/KNOWLEDGE IS STRAIGHT UP WRONG.
Its not though.

The numbers are numbers. The numbers on heal are > the numbers on barrier.

The shield generated by BT ==== the heal generated wen your life is low.

People dont seem to grasp the above ^ and everyone just appeals to authorities who appeal to crappy analogies (Its like a Kayle ult!!!!)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31773 (isolation #295) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:38 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Like. The only argument I can hear that supports why BT makes Barrier better is that barrier is better when you are dying really fast. Which is sort of irrelevant to BT altogether.

It still doesnt change the MATH that numbers on heal are bigger nor the fact that Heals == Shields as far as your effective HP is concerned.

The BT change does not affect barrier, the end. You are basically arguing that the extra shield buys you more time to stack more shields...

Well. Using heal, buys you more time to lifesteal for longer. There is no brand new concept here. Its just the same math as before except you get the benefit up-front as a shield rather than as HP regained after getting low.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31789 (isolation #296) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31787, RayFrost wrote:I think skarner should probably stick to the jungle.
I busted Skarner back out in the jungle. 3/1/16

\o/
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31848 (isolation #297) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:11 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 31834, chesskid3 wrote:dont. Play about 500 more normals then do them
alternately get really lucky
I disagree. When you are ready you are ready. I think the important thing is to have around 3 roles you are at least comfortable doing and hopefully a couple champs on your best.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31876 (isolation #298) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Who wants to bet $$ on the over/under of iec's placement? :p
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31883 (isolation #299) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

chesskid3 wrote:
In post 31876, AngryPidgeon wrote:Who wants to bet $$ on the over/under of iec's placement? :p
and no cheating and doing them for him
"Gosh, when did Iec learn how to play jungle Skarner?"
:shifty:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31978 (isolation #300) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I saw a great comic once ^, hope I can find it...probably can't lemme try.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31979 (isolation #301) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Image[
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #31997 (isolation #302) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ha.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #32040 (isolation #303) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:25 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I generally don't focus on CS in ARAMs unless Im playing a melee champ or something.

Also I think GP5 items are probably amazing in ARAM but I always forget to buy them and people usually dont buy them. But like amulet coin and targons are probably amazing.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #32063 (isolation #304) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:51 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Saki is wise.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #32144 (isolation #305) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:40 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 32138, BROseidon wrote:Cait's disengage is pretty weak.
Compared to what? Kassadin?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #32147 (isolation #306) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:05 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Im not that great at shyvana and I tend to be more passive in solo lanes, but I would probably go for a defensive item first. Dunno. I might get Bilgewater then go for Banshees/Randuins depending.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #32164 (isolation #307) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:17 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Spoiler:
In post 32150, BROseidon wrote:
In post 32144, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 32138, BROseidon wrote:Cait's disengage is pretty weak.
Compared to what? Kassadin?
Cait's disengage is Net, which has a very clunky animation and pushes you 400 units. The 50% slow is nice if you can land it, but it only works on 1 target, and landing it is not always feasible.

Now let's look at what every other ADC has (including Kennen even though he's a fairly marginal ADC pick):

Ashe: Slow on every auto+volley, and ECA, which stuns for a minimum of 1 second (during which an un-CC'd Ashe can run 325 units, or ~80% of Cait's net range). Arrow also slows targets near the target hit, making it more useful than net against multiple targets. Overall, Ashe has better disengage than Cait.

Corki: Valkyrie has a slightly better animation than Cait, and has 800(!) range. Not to mention that Corki gets Phage, which improves his disengage ability. Better than Cait.

Draven: Blood Rush gives him a huge MS boost, and Stand Aside is a 1050 range disengage ability that both stops them outright for about 1/2 a second and slows them for 2 seconds. Overall, I'd say slightly worse than Cait, but not by much.

Ezreal: 475 range blink with near-instant cast animation, not to mention that Ezreal's also buy phage. Stronger than what Cait has.

Graves: Quickdraw is 425 range, but doesnt have a slow attached. Weaker than what Cait has.

Jinx: Chompers+Get Excited. Better than what Cait has if she can get a kill, worse if she can't. That's sort of Jinx's MO, though.

Kennen: lol no contest, Kennen's is stronger.

Koggles: Kog gets phage and has Void Ooze. Weaker than Cait.

Lucian: Relentless Pursuit has longer range and breaks slows. And he can get multiple casts off in a fight.

MF: Make it rain. Yeah no.

Quinn: Blinding Assault to blind (not really disengage, but the "not dying" is nice when you are disengaging), Vault (I don't understand exactly how it works), +Valor MS buff. Probably better than what Cait has.

Sivir: Free Shurelia's OP as fuck.

Trist: Rocket Jump has 900 range and resets, even if the animation is about as bad as Cait's, and she has buster shot. Better than Cait.

Twitch: Invisibility, worse than what Cait has.

Urgot: Lolno.

Varus: Hail of Arrows+Chain of Corruption. Since Chain lasts 2 seconds, Varus can run further during it than Cait's net takes her, not to mention that it can hit multiple targets. Better than Cait.

Vayne: Tumble has 75% of the range of Cait's net on a much shorter cool down, and she has a knockback+stun. Better than Cait.

Cait's disengage ranks pretty lowly.

Mastin2's alt account detected ;)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #32165 (isolation #308) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:18 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

You know that the reason Cait is a popular pick is BECAUSE she has a better escape than most other ADCs. I seriously stopped reading that post after you concluded that Ashe is safer.

Because Ashe is the exact opposite of that. Ashe is never picked because her ability to disengage is bad and she has no escape. Seriously. I know you don't smoke the herb, but... did you start?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #32219 (isolation #309) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Better nerf irelia.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #32221 (isolation #310) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 32218, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 32215, animorpherv1 wrote:That didn't stop the leblanc and kayle nerfs - or the repeated nerfs to Riven's hp regen.
You also see less skins for Leblanc/Kayle/Riven, however every scrub has a skin for lee sin (meaning they get more money off him.)
Valid point. I need to pitch some Skarner concept art to riot aggressively so people buy skins for him and they buff him.

Also more teemo skins.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #32457 (isolation #311) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 32456, Iecerint wrote:I think it's much more important to play a champion well than to play an "OP" champion.

Sssshhhh, we don't want to start an uproar with these blasphemous preachings.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #33186 (isolation #312) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Whoever wrote those responses for YouPorn is really sharp.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #33746 (isolation #313) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 33742, dramonic wrote:Guys, I feel like casting shit. Work up an inhouse or something.

/in.
1. AP
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #34307 (isolation #314) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:12 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 34306, Iecerint wrote:What are people's thoughts about TF on MF?

I'd ship it.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #37161 (isolation #315) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 37143, zoraster wrote:We should put on a pseudo-professional commentary stream on Quadz's promo series that takes it very seriously.

Three guys get on google hangouts or skype (has to be video skype though), one spectates and handles that and the other two commentate. One of those streams that video feed. (It's important that they're not just both spectating because to my knowledge the spectating feeds can be off sync).

I would be interested potentially if you do this.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #37194 (isolation #316) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:56 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Today is bad for me. I could swing next couple days prob.

casting with reck and zoraster would be hilarious and awesome.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #40547 (isolation #317) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:03 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

FakeGod wrote:then you have that weird creepy guy who adds you after the game and every time he sees you online, he hits on you while referring to you as "Lux <3"

Fakegod has a boyfriend! :p
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #40561 (isolation #318) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

All hail Brandi, prophet of the league Kreygasm
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #40834 (isolation #319) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'm all about Udyr. I mained him before but now that his bear stance got buffed hes pretty strong.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #41223 (isolation #320) » Wed May 06, 2015 8:02 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I really like the new end game screen. Prettier than it was before.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #41337 (isolation #321) » Fri May 08, 2015 7:19 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Is anyone else having trouble with the servers Today?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #41380 (isolation #322) » Sat May 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Or do what I do and play Janna midlane because you are a god with Janna and medicore with AP carries.

In other news, I hit Plat finally, woooo.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #41505 (isolation #323) » Tue May 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Spoiler: Imma let you finish lustboy but I played janna before she was cool
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #41521 (isolation #324) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:08 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 41520, FakeGod wrote:"have you met the elo hell devil?"

Kaceytron?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #41614 (isolation #325) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 41607, zoraster wrote:[3:38] Zorasterful: just curious what your main account level is. i assume the voli is the main account holder
given that you swapped flash d for f

sneaky observation
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #41780 (isolation #326) » Mon May 18, 2015 9:07 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 41777, Iecerint wrote:AP used Janna mid this season. Hidden OP.

It works, lol. Its especially viable if your ADC is Jinx or Vayne, but it works.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #41961 (isolation #327) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:38 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 41958, Psyche wrote:I don't play people who are superpopular.

But anyway! I'm playing lol at my job you see. And sometimes I get distracted by people who need my help! But since I'm Heimer, it doesn't matter! I can go afk for 30 seconds at a time and still be successfully pushing lane!

lol
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42207 (isolation #328) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:54 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I hovered around G2 for a long time this season, but I'm not sure if I lost a game after hitting plat. Im in my promos for Plat 4 I think.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42231 (isolation #329) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:34 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

More to the point: People still play twitch?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42366 (isolation #330) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:33 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 42348, animorpherv1 wrote:Zor, that is a tad much imo. They won't even know who you are.

Also, would someone be willing to spectate a match I play and give me some ideas of wjat I'm not doing? I'd prefer mechanics tips, of possible. I understand mywarding is crap, thanks.

I would.

Im not mechanically great though, but I'd be willing to watch your game if you want.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42693 (isolation #331) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 42691, FakeGod wrote:if you're having fun, you're probably not getting better

harsh
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42708 (isolation #332) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

holy shit I figured it out.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42709 (isolation #333) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

This is what the new champion reminds me of. God damn it, the next one is going to be fucking jar jar.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42710 (isolation #334) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Also a more cartoony version of Prince Gallywix from WoW.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42755 (isolation #335) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:39 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42789 (isolation #336) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:48 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 42786, FakeGod wrote:The amount of courage it takes to own up to bunch of strangers that you want to play Miss Fortune is staggering.

Really? I pick her on occasion and no one really complains.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42929 (isolation #337) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Is it even possible to play LoL without a mouse?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42970 (isolation #338) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:12 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 42953, Papa Zito wrote:The best thing about playing on LAN is when people rage at you, you have no idea wtf they're saying. You just go "arriba" at them and move on with your day.

<3

This sounds hilarious. There used to be a fair amount of BR and Latin players wayyyy back in the day before all the new servers.

I got pretty good at swearing in Portuguese as it turns out :S
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #42974 (isolation #339) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:19 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 42973, Oman wrote:Australian culture is so confrontational, our language sounds super rude even when it's not.

I'd get along well in Australia.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43011 (isolation #340) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:41 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Easter bunny teemo is the only teemo
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43013 (isolation #341) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:43 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Free champ? The only champ I don't own is River Tahm; I wonder if they gave it to me.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43014 (isolation #342) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:44 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Or is he not even out yet :S
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43046 (isolation #343) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:15 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Oh I'm going to have to try Diana jungle again now.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43060 (isolation #344) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:46 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 43053, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:How do people feel about Rammus here? I'm undefeated on it this season but I see no one play it. His ganks are so good tho and his only issue is getting through his first clear

I don't know if I can play him after playing him about 20 nerfs ago.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43076 (isolation #345) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In 2 hours from now I'm going to be drunk and playing lol all night.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43107 (isolation #346) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:41 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 43104, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 43096, PJ. wrote:I don't think heimer counters exist.

AP Nunu puts heimer so far in the dumpster it's hilarious

As a guy who often mains nunu when forced to solo, ^ this
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43108 (isolation #347) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:42 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Doesnt even need to be AP. you can build tanky and its totally fine.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43175 (isolation #348) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 43171, Psyche wrote:every time i kill someone with her it's like taking a snort of cocaine

TIL what cocaine is like.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43217 (isolation #349) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

MF rework is ????

I don't see this affecting her play-rate at all.

Make it rain is now better at rank 1. No longer any heal reduction on Impure Shots. MEH.

So slightly better overall but less of a counter to things like swain and vlad.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43219 (isolation #350) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Oh right they QoL'd her passive in semi-vague ways. I wish it didn't go away when you get hit by minions. Thats what she really needed. Looks like it still will though.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43354 (isolation #351) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:43 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I actually kind of like it as a philosophy. I see things similarly sometimes and its more zen than not.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43371 (isolation #352) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

IMO, the biggest factor in game length is the elo of the game. Higher ELO games take less time.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44036 (isolation #353) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:02 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ugh, after clean installing windows 10, I can't play LoL.

Whenever I try to start a game it crashes with a generic error message.

Probably ned to update .NET or something but I can't figure it out and I'm mostly just annoyed at how flimsy the LoL engine is after several years of this.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44040 (isolation #354) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:13 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 44039, Psyche wrote:it might also have to do with your internet explorer; i often have to clear all data from that in order for league to work

Seriously? Cause I dont see how that could be related at all.

Re drivers: they should all be up to date...and drivers is a super generic thing. I could try updating my video card drivers but my card is pretty new and I installed the drivers from CD with my clean install. This is what I had done before on W7.

DirectX might be an issue. Supposedly league needs 9 and Dx is currently on 11. There was some hacky fix with putting the correct Dx9.dll files in the system32 folder that evidently worked for a lot of people on the internet. Didnt help me.

I'll try this a bit more tonight. The biggest part that sucks is that I even found the windows logs about the game not starting and....nothing relevant. Riot is the one to blame for this since it has tons of dependencies that it shouldn't have. Extremely old versions of .NET and DirectX evidently. And really my video card driver shouldn't be the issue here.

ITs gotta be .NET or something....
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44050 (isolation #355) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:48 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'll try IE thing (I never use IE anyways) and Pando?

I haven't donated blood since I started having sex with boys....so its been a few years.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44074 (isolation #356) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:19 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I tried clearing IE settings/data and checked for Pando (not on my PC at all).

.NET 3.5 won't update because its already up to date, confirmed. I even found it in my system settings and enabled all of it. Still nothing.

I could try video card drivers but not sure how that could be it. I think I recall someone on a support site mentioning upgrading some c++ platform? Either that or DirectX issue? Riot never responded to my support post >.>

QQ.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44078 (isolation #357) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 44075, Cabd wrote:Adobe air is also needed for the client.

Doesn't RIOT install that as part of the install process? I'll check and try downloading directly from Adobe if I don't see it.

In post 44076, zoraster wrote:what exactly is happening? I pretty much have to delete and then reinstall the air_client every new patch or else I just get a black screen after pressing the login button.

Whenever the loadscreen would pop up, instead I just get a popup that says "Failure to start program, error code: 0x.......something". Id have to check again to see what the error code was, but I tried looking it up and its a very generic error code. Then the LoL client has the "Reconnect to game" button available which just causes the same thing to happen if you try.

I'll try messing around with Adobe Air.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44079 (isolation #358) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:37 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

To be clear, the LoL client works fine. Its whenever I try to start a game that fails.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44081 (isolation #359) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:11 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I did that. I can't remember what it was, but like I said, the results were extremely generic and not very helpful.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44084 (isolation #360) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Installed Adobe Air, still nothing.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44090 (isolation #361) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I haven't? I posted on their support forums and got no reply. I didn't know you could file a ticket but I'll try to do that.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44096 (isolation #362) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:08 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Just opened a ticket. Email said it may take a long time since there are a lot of requests currently but we will see.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44140 (isolation #363) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:51 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'm still getting trolled by RIOT support. Haven't heard from them in 4 days but I have a ticket.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44143 (isolation #364) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 44142, Iecerint wrote:Unless there's a warning that that resets your queue position I guess.

There is.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44156 (isolation #365) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:13 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

At this rate I won't.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44200 (isolation #366) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:45 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Riot support got back to me and told me to disable all my IPv6 stuff and other startup programs. Of course it wasn't Ipv6 related, come on riot >.>

Its very clearly an issue with starting the program, not my network. I'll probably have to wait another week to hear back.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44304 (isolation #367) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:54 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

It looks like riot support swept my ticket under the rug.

What do.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44307 (isolation #368) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:19 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I did the league repair, thats the very last thing they recommended.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44329 (isolation #369) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:41 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Insult to injury, whenever I log in to the LoL client now to test it, I see the notification that my ranked ELO is about to decay.

I checked, no .NET on my PC from before version 3.

Riot support emailed me a zip file that was a copy of the lol client/installer? It was just like the file you DL from their website and I couldn't see any obvious differences. Still failed. Not even the faintest idea what that was supposed to do.

I tried uninstalling the C++ 2005 runtimes that LoL installs and reinstalling LoL. It just reinstalls them and still fails. Tried running in compatibility mode for windows 7 and having windows 10 detect optimal settings for the game, still nothing.

Pretty fed up with riot support's opaqueness, nonresponsiveness and failure to listen to hints about the issue.

In slightly related news, I found that Civ 5 was broken on my PC and at first I thought it might be the same problem. All I had to do to fix that was have steam verify the game cache though and it updated and fixed it just fine.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44331 (isolation #370) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:04 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Sandbox?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #44575 (isolation #371) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Alright I have a request if anyone is willing to give me some info here.

Might give some insight to support here if my hunch is right. Otherwise I'll get my roommate to DL this and do it.

If you are running LoL on a PC (preferably windows 10, or 7) go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases

There should be a folder in there with some version number. If there is more than one then try the highest version number one I guess. Go there, then cdouble-click the 'deploy' folder and then double click the "League of Legends" program/icon you see.

This should be the file that actually runs a game. I'm curious what happens if you just run it by itself (like this and not having the launcher run it). Im still having the same popup error shown below when I do that. that is the same error I get running the game normally though and I'm wondering if the LoL client is somehow not passing relevant information to this file when it tries to run it, hence my error. Its a little strange that I see the same error message when trying to start this by itself.

Spoiler: error popup

I'd appreciate it if anyone could just try double clicking that program and seeing what happens.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #47188 (isolation #372) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:02 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I might try league again, but I dont have any hopes of it working this time. But who knows, maybe W10 has gotten a little smoother in the last few months. Or LoL or something.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #47195 (isolation #373) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

W10 itself isn't the issue. It appears to be my graphics card in combination with that. But I'm really uncertain. Super obscure either way.

Return to “The Arcade”