Roguelikes

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

If you're trying to clear the first floor, Beserker is the best class. If you're trying to get your first rune, Beserker is the best class. If you're trying to beat the game for the first time, an Orc Warrior worshipping Beogh is probably the best, closely followed by Beserker, closely followed by a lot of things. I actually tried to win with Beserker a lot of times and never did, dying in Vaults or the low main dungeon when the Beserk power stops doing very much. I finally won with a Deep Elf Mage that worshipped Cheibrados that scaled into the later game much better.

Crawl is a cool game. It's kind of isolating though, being single player and not being something all the cool kids are talking about. And I'm too isolated as it is..
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

Is Ru a new god
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

What I hate the most about crawl is that all the mechanics and numbers are so hidden and difficult to know. I get something with +1 Dex and don't have enough feel for what that means for me. You just have to get the +1 dex item over and over again and learn to estimate how helpful that is, I guess. I wish there was a log that displayed to-hit rolls and other stuffs.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

Dungeon Crawl has a terrific, high difficulty level if you're bad at roguelikes like I am.
"Well, I..."

Return to “The Arcade”