Android: Netrunner: The Living Card Game

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #120 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Just don't make successful runs. Ever. Sounds like a good plan :D
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm glad to see my suspicions about Aesop and Personalworkshop confirmed. The workshop seems so very nuts.. Reminds me of aether vial.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

I lost 3/4ths of the interest I had remaining in Netrunner when I played someone who started a game with turn 1 protect centrals, turn 2 install naked remote, advance, advance.

I was like, is a game with mechanics like that really my idea of a good time.

I guessed/read correctly on whether it was agenda and went on to win the game, but it wasn't really satisfying.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 280, mykonian wrote:There are ways to not have to guess! (even though they are currently not very popular). Either have a form of protection so even when it is something EVIL you don't notice, or by checking beforehand with expose effects.

but in the end, there is bluffing involved even when the card is protected, there is some value in information what your opponent is playing with. So maybe you are right, and it isn't the game for you :(

would make me sad though, I've apparently played for years now, and I still think the game is brilliant.

Yeah I am just not big into bluffing. But I really like a lot of the other mechanics :/
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm gonna go play netrunner tonight. I asked on facebook if someone could let me borrow decks to play with that aren't awful and presumably he will.

How do I obliterate my opponents and make them respect me?

I am actually 2-2 playing against people with full collections and lots of experience, which makes me really worried about the amount of skill vs. luck in the game.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

The guy creamed me twice and then put up his cards like he didn't want to play again. He just sat and talked to his girlfriend, who was picking out cards for a new deck and had only figured out 20 of the ones she was sure about during the hour we had spent playing.
The only other two people at the meetup were locked in a long game that almost went to deckout. By the time I watched it to its finish it was kinda late for me to start another game so I went home.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 349, StaplerTowel wrote:Hi, noob player here. Mostly I collect cards for the art instead of the game. But then I stopped at the Mumbad Cycle because their art is terribly generic. I might pick up the next cycle instead. How has the meta been since then and are there any good Mumbad packs I could miss?
I've wanted the meta to return to Worlds 2015 since I started :(
"Well, I..."

Return to “The Arcade”