Blood Bowl (again)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Blood Bowl (again)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 5:30 am

Post by Zorblag »

So why didn't our last try at a MS Blood Bowl League work?

Who wants to try again?

Also, if anyone ever wants to play a game on line outside of a league Troll be down for that as it simply be fun.

EDIT:

The league for Cyanide's Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition be Mafia Scum Recreational League. Password: Mafia Scum.

A great website for learning some basics: Bloodbowl Playbook.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Last edited by Zorblag on Sun May 27, 2012 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 8:56 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I have no idea. I'm guessing time zones caused problems, and a lack of moderator based prodding. I'd be in for another league, though, if we get one going.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

It was the buggy netcode of the game that killed the league. Spyrex and I had I think four matches before we had one that 'counted'?

I wouldn't be opposed to giving it another run but you need the patience of a saint to deal with the computer Blood Bowl.

ps. Also, what's the infrastructure for leagues like? Can we support a league that is just "whenever two people see each other on steam, they can play"?

For those of you who don't have me on steam.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yea and Joho and I couldnt ever get it to let us play.

I'd love to again of course.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

That's true. I'm not convinced that Cyanide is doing a ton of maintenance on the Blood Bowl servers. We could use something like Fumbbl, I guess.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

How easy is Fumbbl to learn? I've only ever played the computer version. Either way, I'm out until early July (London trip, flying home, 21st birthday, preparing to launch Days of Magic, Nights of War Mafia - long June ahead of me, what I'm getting at) but I could use that time to play some single player computer blood bowl and get my head back in the game, at least.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

No idea. I've never played it, I just know it's an alternate potential solution to the Cyanide game.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

If we all have the Cyanide game, a fun thing might be to all run one of the single player league things with the same restrictions, and when someone calls a race no one else can take it. And then all do Let's Play style recaps of what we're doing? A fun way to talk Blood Bowl without the crappy netcode interfering.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I did fumbbl a long time ago pre-game and it was pretty solid. Haven't been there in a while though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

this looks intriguing
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Zorblag »

It should be possible to have an open league where people can play whenever they're on and interested. Troll has just now tried to set one up (classic rules, no extras for this one but if we want more another league could be created to use the newer rules.)

The league is Mafia Scum Recreational League.
The Password is Mafia Scum.

Troll think that once teams be in the league they should be able to challenge eachother at any point they want to.

Troll will need to accept applications; if you send one in just shoot Troll a PM here on MS and Troll should see it fairly quickly and get that done.

Troll has a brand new Vampire team signed up and ready to play whenever people be interested!

Troll be pretty open to the let's play style idea as well if we want to do something like that. It might be fun to try some passing team (which Troll has never gotten around to playing with) and that might be a format to do it with.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

First of all: Fumbbl or Cyanide for the league?

Second of all: Vampires?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Cyanide for now. That be what Troll be used to. Troll be happy to let someone else take the lead if we want to try Fumbbl.

And yeah, Vampires; them seem like they could be a fun team once they get some skills.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've tried it, but even against the computer it gets frustrating. But then, I've never been able to play Lizards, either.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

HOLY CRAP, TROLL'S ALIVE.

:D
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sent in fresh norse for application!
Show

Proud member of BaM
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 12:52 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I won't join the league until later, like I said, but I think I might start doing some Let's Play style stuff now. I'll probably do Lizards because I love 'em, Sudo doesn't (so I'm not stepping on his toes at least :p), and they REALLY need a league with a lot of games to come into their own because they start annoyingly unskilled.

Question: Do I completely screw up my team and get a Kroxigor, y/n
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 1:07 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hey, it turns out the Blood Bowl Chaos Edition is coming out in september. Hopefully they let us buy it as DLC instead of making us rebuy the whole damn package.

I'm not terribly excited about the new races, but ideally this update will also include improved netcode? Since they're obviously not abandoning the game quite yet.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 4:46 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Hmm, I may be interested in doing something with this. But I'm unable to do anything with it for around a week.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 4:59 am

Post by Zorblag »

Spyrex's team be in (actually that was done last night.)

@hitogoroshi, Lizardmen be the second team that Troll got comfortable with (after Amazons.) It do be really tempting to have 7 players from the start with str 4+ but that just leaves you with 2 re-rolls. Troll would probably go with 6 sauri (sauruses?) 5 skinks and 3 rerolls. That be the combo that Troll be most comfortable with. It be pretty easy to get 2 die blocks with all the strength, the lizards seldom really have to go for it because even the saurus is a fast player and the rerolls get used for picking up the damned ball as often as anything else (sure hands on a skink be such a nice skill upgrade once one levels up if you get a double.) Troll finds the team to be a most fun one to play.

There actually be no reason that people can only have one team in the league. If you want to make a couple to play around that be just fine. Troll might toss in an ogre team as well at some point because Troll wants to give them a try as well. We just be doing this one for the chance to play with others at this point.

@hasdgfas, there be no hurry. When you have a chance just jump right in!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 6:37 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 15, esuriospiritus wrote:HOLY CRAP, TROLL'S ALIVE.

:D
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So, Chaos Edition is now out. Anybody up for reforming a league?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:46 am

Post by Johoohno »

Sounds like a great idea, alas my internet connection is still flaky (otherwise I would've jumped on this right away). I'm getting fiber to my house January 2013 and by then I'm more than willing to rejoin the league again.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:54 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Oh hey, this is the thread. I'm considering it, but I haven't picked up Chaos Edition yet.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow

Return to “The Arcade”