PSO2 (Phantasy Star Online 2)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

PSO2 (Phantasy Star Online 2)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:05 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Anyone getting this? It's free to play. It's an open beta, and is in japanese text right now. Yet there are english players on it, so if you need info and/or help check this out:

http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phan ... -online-2/

(If it's against the rules to have this link I can edit it out and just have people ask me for it or something)

The download and patch takes a while to download, but it's very very well worth the wait.

It beats all the past PSO and PSU games, and the handheld PS games (like PSP and PSZ)

==================

Now for character info and just info about yourself. Post if you'd like to play with people here.

- Name of your character
- Level of character
- Name of Ship
- Name of block you will be in
- When you will be in that block
- Specify if you move between blocks or always stick around in a block
- Specify what playstyle you have, 'like to dance and chill, and sometimes quest' or 'Hard on quest doer, Hate dancing and wasting time in the lobby' 'No strings attached' I dunno.
- Peak time

I say put in a time for when you will be in a block because some people move around from block to block, and others just stick around there.Also mention if you will dance, or not. I think some people don’t like dancing (THOSE FOOLS), so I’m sure it would be something of interest for others. (Some people just don’t goof around, and that’s fine) Feel free to ask people in here to play with you that have posted, just make sure to also post the info. If you already have your character/ship /block? Info in your sig, just state when you will be on (and what block if you use different ones) Also feel free to use this to get to know a person to play with, just don’t stick around and clutter up the thread, share info and speak through private means afterwards so others can find others who want to play together easily. Most important of all, don’t just add a person without saying much. Talk! Get to know each other. Playing this game with friends is better than just someone random that doesn’t really talk much, just is in for the quest. Of course, if you are the type to say “I would like to play with others, but I am no strings attached, would rather just quest and not talk as much” kind of person, say so. Maybe others share that in common with you and would like to quest with you to avoid ‘sillyness’ and just %500 questing only. This may turn into just an intro about yourself and the info, which I think is just fine. : P

Feel free to also critique this idea/ or give suggestions to add on to this! I was going to wait a bit until later since the servers are almost up, but who cares! I'm sure you all would want to talk and add friends on PSO2 even while it's down.

=============================

Character: Lance
Level: 10
Ship: Ship 2
Block: I don't have a particular preference.
Time: Later tonite most deff.
Playstyle: Am interested in meeting new people, being silly, and going on quests and getting to know people, and have a great time.
Peak time: Whenever really. Afternoons and weekends would be deff free.

I will usually move around from block to block, or move to a block my friend will be on.

Feel free to add me on an IM to set up a run. I'm always up for a run. Also wouldn't mind chatting about PSO2 or anything else in general. And YES, I dance. But I also quest as well. : P

Discuss.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I used to play PSO alot and am considering getting it when it comes out. As far as the beta goes, I am not keen on trying to learn or do the work to translate things, so though I likly would enjoy it, I'm not up for investing that additional time. I rather hope it comes out on consoles as my computer has mostly work related data on it and not the fancy graphics and data most gaming computers have. Should things change for my better, or I feel like joining the fray, I'll glady create a character and hit you up on there sometime
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:13 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Can you get on this still as of now? The final build is supposed to be f2p right?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:57 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Looks like I got it registered and it's going, official release. Anyone else playing?

I'm on ship 10. Hit me up if you wanna play, or let me know if anyone needs help registering/installing/getting in game. There are a couple harry points if you don't read Japanese, otherwise it's not hard with the set of screenshots I have.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

I loved PSU, so may get this
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Yes I'm playing, I'm on ship 2. : D
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:44 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

So I've more or less got this game figured out to a T. I don't have a whole lot of time to play, so I'm only a level 10 ranger currently in Caves, but I've got the quest system, matter board, and client orders figured out. Lots of help here:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Just so y'all know, there is going to be a closed beta for PSO2 on Xbox One.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

I missed the closed beta and just got the game when it came out. Been having a lot of fun with it
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Awesome. I am glad to hear that. I am down to play sometime if you are on Ship 2. I got my hunter to level 75 and got lazy. Need to play some more.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sorry I am on ship 3
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Ranmaru »

No worries. It's on Steam now, and there will also be a new engine called NGS. Trying to get back into PSO2. It's also on par with JP.

Return to “The Arcade”