Why should i play fire emblem?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Vi »

More than the other games, Shadow Dragon's gameplay revolves around taking out a relatively small number of enemy units, each of which can put a dent in your team on their own.

As for being underleveled for later - it's certainly not implausible. There aren't a lot of enemies in the game, so there just isn't enough experience for you to train eighteen units. Concentrate on a team of units you think look promising. Make sure you have or can get someone with A in the physical weapon ranks. If you still have Lena and Caeda, use them. If all else fails, kill off everyone you don't like - the game will give you generic replacements at your (surviving) team's average level and they may very well be stronger than the units you killed. (You monster. :? )

What about the mechanics was confusing? (other than Reclass)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by Timeater »

Vi write a gamefaq for the next FE game I double-dog-dare you
watch for the eggshells
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by Vi »

Would require me to get a 3DS for one game. :?

I'm debating whether I should tell Serenes that their FE9 Chance to Cap entry seems to have Bad MathTM going for it though.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by Chevre »

I think it's just because I'm not hugely into Fire Emblem. I just don't have all the various types of combat, and the defense and stats and stuff down. Like Pokemon, I get all that, but that's because I've played it forever and I'm much more into it. I imagine Fire Emblem isn't any more complex, yet I just haven't looked at it.

Plus, when I played it I was a few years younger, so I'm probably intellectually better off now as well.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

You don't really have to get super complex to understand it. I'd just look at a character guide.
You know you want a balanced team, and if you figure out what that balance is, then you'll do well.

reclassing is super confusing though. Especially with #13 and all this 5 skills per character stuff.

@Vi: I feel your 3ds pain, but i want the game sooo badly :(((
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2

Return to “The Arcade”