Cookie Clicker

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:27 am

Post by saulres »

Every time I try to figure this out, I get different numbers. I could have done this easily back in high school and college but nowadays? Nope.

So could someone please tell me: My next AC would cost 9.5 quadrillion. My cps without clicking Golden Cookies is a little over 292 billion.

How long would it take me to "pay off" another AC? I'm trying to determine if it's worth buying more or not as I progress to trying for 2000 heavenly chips.

TIA.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Rhinox »

9500000000000000 cookies / 292000000000 cookies/second = 32534.25 seconds = 542.24 minutes = 9.04 hours
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:19 am

Post by Rhinox »

although, have you determined whether AC's are the most efficient use of your cookies in terms of getting more cps?

My spreadsheet calculates {cost of building/upgrade} / {additional CPS from building/upgrade} and I buy the buildings/upgrades that have the lowest cost/CPS. That would minimize your payoff time (or said another way, maximize your cps per cookie spent).
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:24 am

Post by saulres »

No, I have no idea how to figure what's my best investment. Maybe it's adding in another 50 grandmas or 20 portals. Maybe it's upping the cursors so my clicks are more valuable. So many variables to this game. Just by observation, it appears that my usual best payoff in terms of cps increase has been ACs. But I'm probably wrong.

One thing I'm pretty sure it's
not
is buying more farms...
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 128, saulres wrote:No, I have no idea how to figure what's my best investment. Maybe it's adding in another 50 grandmas or 20 portals. Maybe it's upping the cursors so my clicks are more valuable. So many variables to this game. Just by observation, it appears that my usual best payoff in terms of cps increase has been ACs. But I'm probably wrong.

not
is buying more farms...
Well... for a first pass, an easy way is to just hover over a building type and it should say something like (my current numbers) 150 grandmas producing 3,932,160 c/s so you can do some math to figure out that 1 grandma is producing 3932160/150 = 26214.4 c/s. And my 151st grandma will cost 127,255,350,960, so I can calculate that if I spend that money on that grandma I will be spending 127,255,350,960/26214.4 = 4,854,406.4 cookies for each c/s I gain. Thats the value you want to minimize when deciding what to buy when if you care.

There's actually more to it - some upgrades say things like cursors get +10 cps for every non-cursor object purchased. So really, I'm not just getting the 26214.1 cps from my next grandma purchased, I'm also getting +12.6 * 157 cursors = 1978.2 cps when I build that grandma. And that reduces my cost per cps to something like 4.5 million instead of 4.8 million for grandmas. Which isn't really a huge deal for grandmas, but for things like farms, you might only get 80cps for a farm by itself, but when you have a lot of cursors and all the +cps per building upgrades you actually end up getting more from the cursor bonus than the building itself and that can make even lowly farms economical to choose.

Rather than do the math for every building every time I want to buy something, I just built everything into a spreadsheet so the only thing I have to tell it is how many of each building I have and what upgrades are active and it spits out a cost/cps for every building or upgrade I can buy. And then I'm not buying buildings and upgrades, I'm buying the cheapest cps.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

And really, isn't that what gaming is all about?
Retired as of October 2014.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by pitoli »

I did it

I finally stopped

Not looking back lol
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

By far the best way to get cookies in the late game is to put on a podcast (I recommend Welcome to Night Vale), buy an Elder Pact, and click Golden Cookies. If you have all of the GC upgrades, this will mean hitting Luckys while a Frenzy is still active. This actually happens almost every 2 GCs because the 'random' effect is strongly biased against giving you the same one twice in a row, and Lucky and Frenzy are basically the only two GC effects. If you keep a large enough bank that the production constraint binds before the 10% of banked cookies constraint, your Lucky payoff will be 7 times the normal Lucky payoff, or 8400 seconds of production, or 2 1/3 hours. You'll hit this combo about once every 5 minutes, so a single half-hour of semi-attentive play is worth 14 hours if idle time. Hitting a Click Frenzy during an active Frenzy is even better.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:10 am

Post by saulres »

LOL Wrinklers
On permanent
V/LA
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 am

Post by Rhinox »

creepy little things but they give you bonus cookies soo... 'pocalypse rages on!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Oman »

Wiped save. I'm done.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:59 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 128, saulres wrote:No, I have no idea how to figure what's my best investment. Maybe it's adding in another 50 grandmas or 20 portals. Maybe it's upping the cursors so my clicks are more valuable. So many variables to this game. Just by observation, it appears that my usual best payoff in terms of cps increase has been ACs. But I'm probably wrong.

not
is buying more farms...
In post 125, saulres wrote:My next AC would cost 9.5 quadrillion.
So having reached this point and got all the upgrades along the way, I can tell you that when you have 105 AC's (the point where the next one costs 9.5 quad), you should have the following numbers of remaining buildings before buying the 106th AC:

Cursor: 211
Grandma: 206
Farm: 173
Factory: 160
Mine: 152
Shipment: 142
Alchemy: 132
Portal: 136
TM: 114

If you raced ahead in cursors to 240 to get the last cursor upgrade then the numbers will be higher but you'd have already been less efficient in buying all the cursors.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:05 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 132, NabakovNabakov wrote:By far the best way to get cookies in the late game is to put on a podcast (I recommend Welcome to Night Vale), buy an Elder Pact, and click Golden Cookies. If you have all of the GC upgrades, this will mean hitting Luckys while a Frenzy is still active. This actually happens almost every 2 GCs because the 'random' effect is strongly biased against giving you the same one twice in a row, and Lucky and Frenzy are basically the only two GC effects. If you keep a large enough bank that the production constraint binds before the 10% of banked cookies constraint, your Lucky payoff will be 7 times the normal Lucky payoff, or 8400 seconds of production, or 2 1/3 hours. You'll hit this combo about once every 5 minutes, so a single half-hour of semi-attentive play is worth 14 hours if idle time. Hitting a Click Frenzy during an active Frenzy is even better.
With the new wrinklers, I left my game running idle for about 16 hours with the 'pocalpse raging on. I should have returned to find about 12 quad, but after popping all the wrinklers I had like 45 quad. This might be a better way to get lots of cookies late game now.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:10 am

Post by saulres »

It is if you're not clicking Golden cookies. The wrinklers are cumulative. So they're great if you're AFK but you still get more if you click golden cookies.

Also thanks for the numbers. I have 106 ACs but not all the lower ones, but I'm a little over 3 quad from being able to get 2000 heavenly chips on a reset (giving access to the last upgrade I'm missing) so I'm probably going to reset soon.
On permanent
V/LA
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

I kept the game up all night with ten wrinklers sucking on my cookie, and I'm going to let them keep sucking until I'm off work to see how ridiculous the increase in cookies is.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by saulres »

Wow Heavenly Chips are OP. I reset less than 12 hours ago and am back up to full buildings and upgrades.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:16 am

Post by saulres »

If anybody cares, Prisms were introduced a little while ago. A new building type.
On permanent
V/LA
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by Brandi »

It's gonna be a WHILE before I can get 200 of everything for that achievement :I
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by saulres »

You and everybody else. Those prisms go up in cost astronomically each time.
On permanent
V/LA
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Brandi »

The only people I've seen with the achievement have played CC since it came out, orrrrrrrrrr cheats.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Post by tn5421 »

I got bored once I got to 20b income.
WIP
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by xtopherusD »

I think I'm finally free. Something messed up and a cookie chain gave me some E+27 cookies, and from then I've lost all interest!

So... yay, I suppose.
no.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Brandi »

Are you sure something went wrong? I can see a chain going that high provided you have the income/bank for it.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

Stop trying to pull him back into the darkness, he just escaped.
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by xtopherusD »

It's possible, I suppose. Either way, it's more cookies than I could ever imagine myself using, and it's given me Far Too Many heavenly chips.

I'll probably end up going back for the dungeon release, anyway.
no.

Return to “The Arcade”