Splatoon

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Splatoon

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Who plays it? List your NNID. I started playing it yesterday. I'm level 9 now, and going. I know there isn't any team builder, so sometimes you may not be on the same team as your friend, and no voice chat, but if you guys like the game, we can skype up and hope to be on the same team together sometimes. The game only just launched like a month ago or something.

Ranmaru: Neokrw
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:56 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

splatoon looks excellent and i really want to play it. How is it?
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

It's pretty great. Only downside is you need the gamepad and a tv. Everything else is fun as hell. So much customization. It's like a shooter, but in most modes you are mostly covering the area with paint, covering your 'turf'. Some people are possibly on the fence about it because of no voice chat, and there being no actual way to play with friends. Those can be a problem, and the latter will be fixed by this august. There obviously won't be voice chat though, sadly. Yet I'm ok with that but not really, but I can deal with it by using skype. That's all there is to it.

By this august it'll be jampacked with content, stages, weapons, gear, LEVELS, etc. This game deserves everyone to give it a chance.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:47 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

So, I went ahead and bought Splatoon this weekend.
When I tried it out in store, the motion controls felt really bad, so I tried a bit of the 1 player mode with normal camera controls. yeah, that felt worse for me.
I'm really surprised how easy aiming is once you get used to it.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown

Return to “The Arcade”