Crusader Kings 2

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Crusader Kings 2

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Zulfy »

Do we have that here? A ck2 fanbase?

I'd love to post screenshots but I got a bug where all the faces are fucked up and I had to turn of the trees and the water and the cities and everything just to get the game to run on my crappy little laptop, so it's ugly, and it runs at like 3 seconds per day, but I'm a patient person, and have been playing different duchies kingdoms and empires for the last 350 years.

I started at the Charlemagne start as the duke of upper burgundy, quit that one when that dynasty ruled over a byzantine empire that stretched from England to Somalia, then I started playing as the kingdom of Mali and stopped when they had converted to Sunni Islam and held a rich empire in control of a bunch of republics stretching from England (renamed it Lloger because my vassal conquered it from his home province in Wales) to the gulf of Aden. THEN I started playing as a Danish tribal chief and stopped when we had successfully routed the Christian knights from scandinavia and formed a norse theocracy that fell apart when I went to play as Mali again because in my absence the republics had declared independence and I had to reconquer everything.

THEN, once I saw that the slavs had formed an empire all on their own I went to that one and slowly made my way westward until I was able to capture France and Germany and rescue Italy from the Mohammedan infidels, and established the Holy Roman Empire.

But that's when the Mongols came in and kicked our asses, they took SO MUCH away from us holy shit, luckily they stopped after they converted to Finnish paganism and went to scandinavia to conquer the holy land from the black english muslims and the Teutonic Knights.

Meanwhile the other Mongols in the Ilkhanate were scaring the Mali Emperor who didn't play no games so he threw hundreds of thousands of troops at them. The entire muslim world got involved in this stalemate (because he controls all of it) until finally the emperor backed off after the Khan converted to Islam.

So now I'm the Bohemian emperor of the HRE with rowdy vassals and a recovering Mali Empire who was able to take Aquitaine from me even while fighting the mongols on one side, and a Golden Horde who's gonna start kicking my ass again as soon as they free their holy land from the grip of the Mande-English.

Play this game if you haven't yet.
no investigation no right to speak
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Zulfy »

No players huh

That's fine I married my daughter to the cousin of the queen of frisia and then after capturing her holdings while her troops were defending Malta I made him swear fealty to me.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Also my wife died so my son is now the king of croatia which really sucks because now he's gonna have to be my heir in order to absorve croatia and later switzerland into my empire even though my other bastard son is smarter and kinder.

Also I had to denounce this other bastard child I had because even though my emperor is getting old all these lowborn girls can't keep their hands off him.
Also my now deceased wife's brother now has a male heir meaning I'ma have to spend a lot of money to get the baby killed so my heir can press his claim on switzerland.
Also the byzantine emperor can go fuck himself next time he gets attacked because he broke the betrothal his son had with my daughter in order to ally with my brother-in-law.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

I used to play this a lot, mostly the Game of Thrones mod, but I haven't touched it in a while. It got kind of overwhelmingly chaotic with all the updates and the mod would crash a lot.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Zulfy »

Ive never watched that show but it seems a lot of people like that mod.

If anything Id play the elder scrolls one because I love that lore shit.

I tried the after the end mod but it crashes immediately so whatever.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I wish I could get a grasp on this game. I have tried so many times and I just don't...get it.
green shirt thursdays
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Zulfy »

It's all about having the right babies and attacking castles when you have enough people to do it, at the core.

I had to watch a bunch of youtube videos and read their wiki to get a good grasp on the mechanics, and even then I ended up just cheating by adding a bunch of gold to my character, but eventually it all comes together.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm a big fan of CK2 and EU4 and I'm shit at both. arriba!
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Zulfy »

In post 7, Papa Zito wrote:I'm a big fan of CK2 and EU4 and I'm shit at both. arriba!

I'll get EU4 when Im done with my ck2 timeline. Which one do you like better?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I like EU4 a bit more since it's less influenced by chance.

There's a converter program that lets you take your CK2 save into EU4. I've heard it's somewhat hit-or-miss.
Kappa
Just Monika
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Zulfy »

Its DLC for ck2.

I hope it works, I wanna see what the world looks like with no Spanish empire, and muslim england

Is EU4 less complex than ck2?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Papa Zito »

It works by and large but since EU4 is at a more macro level you'll probably see some weirdness with things like culture and religion in some areas.

I'd say EU4 is more broad but has less depth. More systems and mechanics but they're easier to master.
Kappa
Just Monika
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Zulfy »

Update:

Golden Horde Khagan created a bunch of kingdoms, his son's mother is High Priestess so it should be interesting to see where the kid goes. England is holding out in Sweden.

The now persian Ilkhanate took back Iran, somehow managed to defend from a holy war from the Horde.

We (mali) control the balkans now. Sultan of Greece is as loyal as ever.

The Caucasians are now mongol sunnis.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Zulfy »

Also my grandson is my heir but hes really my son but nobody knows. My oldest living son would be a much better heir.

All the Irish lords are black
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Zulfy »

I started up a new game because I've been manually fixing India because I deleted it to try to save space but all it did was mess up all the titles when these indian courtiers started showing up all over the world so I've been manually giving them back their titles but sometimes you mess up and the game crashes.

So anyway in this new game I'm the almohads right after the coronation of Frederick the great. It's such an interesting time period cuz you got Henry the Lion, the Almohads like I said, you got the Normans in Sicily and you got Eleanor of Aquitaine, and Louis and Henry. So far the Iberians have been taking turns kicking my ass and I had to execute my two sons and then abdicate to my oldest son who killed his brother and then killed his dad (past-me) and then died unexpectedly of natural causes and then his son was killed by his brother and so now I'm his brother with no money and the whole dynasty is basically dead.

I'll probs start over.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Zulfy »

So today I impressed a Spanish girl with my knowledge of Spanish geography. When she asked how I knew it I just said "uh, we learned it in school I think."

But really it's because I spend 40 years preparing an invasion to take A Corunha from the Asturians in the name of Allah, and two generations defending it from the Pope's greedy fingers.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:05 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I've wanted to be able to play the Game of Thrones mod for this for years but just learning how to play the game has repeatedly proved to be a stumbling block. I just don't have the time or patience to sit down for what feels like it needs to be most of a day to watch tutorials.
#greenshirtthursdays
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Papa Zito »

It is extremely complex.
Kappa
Just Monika
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

big fan, 300 hours or something in game (not much). Current project is an iron man Zoroastrian game.
after a wank.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm in a Cornwall campaign that's going really poorly because it's super hard to expand.
Kappa
Just Monika
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2016 8:33 am

Post by Zulfy »

Currently trying to change Henry The Lion's fate.

Barbarossa was a fuckin loser

Return to “The Arcade”