Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

The 1v1 and 3v3 rules are now in customs in ptr
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:10 am

Post by vonflare »

I want a dooty hero, reaper is almost there but not quite dooty enough
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Saru »

Hey, just bought Overwatch like 3 days ago for black Friday sale. Added some people from the OP. Here's my battletag: Saru786#1850
Add me! :D
Currently Playing:
N/A
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

There are a lot of bugs in the ptr. There are no voice lines related to shield generator. Characters in game will say enemy has teleporter when shield gen is in use. And say teleporter found when you find shield gen. Sometimes hud for ult in the circle goes black for symetra so you got to hope you selected the right ult by luck. Because of these bugs and how I don't think the kit fits her I don't want her out next tuesday. I hope they give it more time. Especially since there is a bug in PTR where sombra can hack Rienhart's shield while standing in front of it. In normal mode you got to get behind him and thats the way it should be

I still want the changes I said in post #694. Even if that makes her more specialized and niche I still think that would be better than a kit that don't fit.

I want Doomfist and I want him to have photon barrier as E. Punch as left click. Punch projectile as right click. Ult that does heavy damage (See trailer where winston and tracer fight window and reaper). And shift be similar to lucio's cross fade but choices are "people close to you take less damage" OR "You deal more damage". Will you use it to be a savior or a scourge?
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 703, PokerFace wrote: Especially since there is a bug in PTR where sombra can hack Rienhart's shield while standing in front of it.
Not a bug. It's an intended buff.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Some people were speculating that. Did bliz come out and say that? If that becomes a feature than RIP Reinhardt in the meta. Hacking through barriers would be an op buff for sombra
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by Marquis »

you'd be looking right at her

literally just hit her and it stops

it's still more efficient to hack from behind anyway
link in bio
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hacking has range. Unless fire strike is charged, Sombra can hack you while being in front of you and outside melee range. You can hack people before they get charge off

You can also hack Winston from outside tesla range. And hack Symetra from outside new left click range. But still can't hack symetras turrets while you can hack torbs

Hacking is a wonky ability and they should test it more too. They released the sombra patch before they should have, because they wanted money and did not care how it would change end of season 2 meta. If they release new sombra and symetra changes this tuesday I'll be upset. I thought Bliz was better about bugs getting to public than Valve.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Marquis »

i mean there's not much point in shielding unless you have ppl behind taking advantage of it to do damage

that's the point of the shield anyway. otherwise you're just eroding its hp
link in bio
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Clumsy »

Has anyone done their placement matches yet? Did you get a rating higher, lower, or about the same as your ending rating last season?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

UntrodTripod#1357
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by DeathNote »

i get so tilted when I try to kill a mercy and can't do it.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

In season 2 your rank was better more damage you dealt. Playing tank or support actually hurt your rank and most people played dps heros

In season 3 your placement rank will be worse if you main dps, about the same if you are a tank main, and slightly better if you play supports

This is what I have been told from friends, have not done placements myself yet
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Changes I want to see

Make Mei's ult is los of snowball (her robot). This way it will not go through walls or get things that are above the robot

Junkrats tire is 150 hp. It currently can easily be 1 shot. You can see your hp and tire's hp at same time

Balance Road Hog's hook. Should not go through walls Will make triple tank less op

Zen's discord does 40% instead of 30%. Will make triple tank less op

Mercy gets a second dash ability that has a cool down and let's you move a short distance. Her right click does 40% instead of 30%

Sombra can't hack rien when in front of him. She hacks health pack for only 30 seconds, gone is burst fire instead of rapid which will ultimately give her more concentrated damage. Ult no longer requires los it can go through walls now but still has same radius as before

Symetra change to be this http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p8541503
Make her a defense character and give us a new support with actual heals

And make us new tank like:
In post 703, PokerFace wrote:I want Doomfist and I want him to have photon barrier as E. Punch as left click. Punch projectile as right click. Ult that does heavy damage (See trailer where winston and tracer fight window and reaper). And shift be similar to lucio's cross fade but choices are "people close to you take less damage" OR "You deal more damage". Will you use it to be a savior or a scourge?
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

I stole this idea from another website. Not an original idea

New support character named 'Rescue'. Its a dog that can go pickup health packs and bring them to teamates.

Shift stores health pack from pickup area

E drops a health pack

Passively you gain speed overtime, you are a dog

Right click points out an enemy to your team, you are a dog so pointing things out make sense. That enemy shows through walls now. lasts only for short time, can only be used on 1 enemy at a time

Left click is a shooting ability of some kind, gun attached to your back, much like dva's mech left click it does not require reloading. (how would you reload? you are a dog)

Ult point out all enemy's in los with radius similar to sombra's ult. All those enemies show through walls for a short time and take 40% damage.
(Mercy's right click is boosting and Anas ult is a boost. Zen's discord nerfs enemies so its about time we get an ult that nerfs enemies)
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

PF
green shirt thursdays
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

What?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

https://www.vg247.com/2016/12/13/overwa ... s-trailer/

Winter Wonderland update is live. If patch notes are correct then symetra changes also live, but sombra hack you through shields is not live
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:58 am

Post by InflatablePie »

>open free Holiday loot box
>LEGENDARY OMG
>dupe Zarya skin (Cybergoth)

fuck

at least that's more credits for the new Zenyatta skin. hoping to get the skins for Zen, Mei (ice block turns her into a snowman!), Sombra and Roadhog.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 718, InflatablePie wrote:Mei (ice block turns her into a snowman!)
I NEED THIS
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

fuck it im getting 10 loot boxes

free box: epic! it's currency. fuck my life.
box2: ayyy peppermint sombra
box3: zzzzzzz
box4: IT'S AN EPI-- oh my god it's peppermint sombra again
box5: okay at least i got mei's snowman emote
box6: ANOTHER FUCKING PEPPERMINT SOMBRA ARE YOU SHITTING ME
box7: okay scrooge mccree. fine.
box8: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
box9: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
box10: IF I GET ONE MORE FUCKING PEPPERMINT SOMBRA IM GOING TO FUCKING GAG SOMEBODY
box11: i got....nothing

fuck this shit
green shirt thursdays
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 718, InflatablePie wrote:>open free Holiday loot box
>LEGENDARY OMG
>dupe Zarya skin (Cybergoth)

fuck

at least that's more credits for the new Zenyatta skin. hoping to get the skins for Zen, Mei (ice block turns her into a snowman!), Sombra and Roadhog.
this happened to me during the halloween event but the goth tracer skin (already had the way better sporty skin)

i was sad
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Marquis »

play with me while i procrastinate my thesis
link in bio
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Sure, I'll play Marquis.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Been playing a lot more with new symetra. 75% of time shield generator is a better idea than a teleporter

In no limits she is overpowered. 6 symetras can beat 6 winstons since shield generators stack. (6*75)+200 means you have 6 symetras with 650 hp each

When you play as her to defend point A, she feels overpowered. Teleporter still useful here. Elsewhere its not.

When you play as her to defend last point, it depends on if you can put shield gen in spawn and or if their is another viable placement. Some spawns let you place the shield generator in them and some don't. I honestly think none should allow it since its indestructible there. If there is a good place to put the generator outside spawn, she feels balanced. Otherwise she is under powered, you would be better off picking someone else. The same can be said about her on koth though its usually easier to find a good hiding spot there since you can put it on your half of the map to cover the point

On offense she feels under powered. She can stop a Bastion behind Rienhart. She is good at that as she can block and attack them, but that's it. She is not good at blocking for entire team. In the end she is better at what she was already good at and Koth. Not good enough on offense.

As photon barrier is still better suited for a tank and you can't move shield generator or get a new one with the current one out, I still want http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p8541503. As long as she has short ranged turrets, she should really be a defense character.

Return to “The Arcade”