Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by vonflare »

3v3 is pretty fun but counters are super hard counters.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 673, vonflare wrote:mafsilver master race
I support this message

I need to give 3v3 a try. Mercy and lucio likely best healers in it
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'd like to do some 1v1 or 3v3 tonight in ptr. If you get on, invite me

Off top of my head I think Ana, Soldier, Roadhog, Mercy, and Mei should be very good 3v3 characters.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Every time I tried to play ptr last night I got a game server connection error. Normal america region was fine so I played that. People I played with last night said they had same issues on ptr. I wonder what was going on
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sombra and everything in PTR went live yesterday to all regions. I guess that's why ptr was broke monday. Kinda surprised they would release it this close to end of season 2.

There is a free weekend this weekend. So my guess, release new stuff, have new people play before thanksgiving, get lots of new customers come black friday. I guess money is more important than the stability of their comp environment during season 2's final week
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:55 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

:neutral: :neutral: :neutral:
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:56 am

Post by vonflare »

:? :? :wink:
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

You currently can't take groups of 2 players into 1v1. Jahudo and I had to try queuing at same time and we failed to get paired together. You would think two guys from same state would get paired together rather easily based on connection but no dice

Blizz should also allow all chat in 1v1. Felt weird chatting with my enemy via typing and playing. Talking and playing is much easier. I barely won my first 1v1 against a random guy, 5 to 4. Won Hanzo, Tracer, Zen, Winston, and Hog to their Sombra, Symetra, Pharah, Reaper
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:48 am

Post by vonflare »

i think you can 1v1 is custom games tho if you wanted to
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

This is true, but can you you force both players to randomly have to play the same hero in custom?

And can you do that in back to back matches quickly or do you have to go to menu screen repetitively in between?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hey what does picking Lucio when you have 5 torbs on your team really achieve?

It makes you the tallest man in dwarf land...
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Jahudo »

You can respawn as a random hero in customs but you cant have both players respawn as the same random hero.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:This is true, but can you you force both players to randomly have to play the same hero in custom?

And can you do that in back to back matches quickly or do you have to go to menu screen repetitively in between?
Jahudo wrote:You can respawn as a random hero in customs but you cant have both players respawn as the same random hero.
Exactly
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:30 am

Post by vonflare »

they said they plan on adding the 1v1 rules to custom games
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elN-QGyToxM
I like what they are doing but Bastion+Shield Generator+Payload sounds like cancer
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 688, vonflare wrote:they said they plan on adding the 1v1 rules to custom games
Plan is not same as I can has. I hope they add that and symetra changes to PTR today
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

huh.
green shirt thursdays
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:14 am

Post by InflatablePie »

and she's already on PTR

also Sombra and 3v3s are both super fun

[edit] @8:11 in vid - "we'd really love to hear from Symmetra players" - Marquis get in here
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:32 am

Post by MTD »

i've played some 1v1 and it's great fun.
I'm just terrible at it :P
still the same old MTD
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

After actually playing with new Symetra I have some thoughts

Photon Barrier is a tank ability on a Support Character. I'd rather Symetra had a weaker version of the Shield Generator as her E. This weaker version would only give 25 shield over the same AOE. And this shield generator would have 50 hp 50 shield. The ultimate shield generator is better than the teleporter in almost every situation. Having a weaker generator with weaker range and cost fits Symetra better than giving her a tank ability. Also it allows symetra to move the generator, because if you put it in a bad spot right now, you can't move it. Save the Photon Barrier as something to give to a new tank character in the future.

I'd rather Symetras left click had stayed the same. Increasing range on a weapon that deals greater damage longer its attached is not a good idea

Change right click projectiles to be bigger. If it was larger you could use it to run behind much like the photon barrier, but as this would be a weapon and not a barrier it would serve as a better way to increase her range without making her deal too much damage. It would also make her more offensive and less defensive which is what you want to do for her

The buffs they added to Sym's turrets stay the same. I like them a lot. But I would allow Sombra to hack Sym's turrets because Sombra currently can't. Sombra can only hack Torb's turrets. Hacking one and not the other make no sense

Only one ultimate. Teleporter that gives off shields or gives shields to players that use it. The buffs they gave to the tele's hp being mostly shield, make it 100 hp and 100shield not 50 and 150. Make this teleporter give off shields of 25 to teamates in 50 meter range. Teleporter has 6 uses. Shield Gen currently has infinite uses until its destroyed. How are they equal abilities? They are not, Shield Gen is better in almost all situations. Sending in one player or a team of players at the Shield Gen is the equivalent of suicide at the moment. Don't make that a requirement. Allow the shield gen and teleporter to both get used up. Should a teamate die, make them auto appear at your teleporter exit when they respawn. This will stop people from using it 5 times and then saving it. It will force it to be used up instead of it being an everlasting ult. No ult should be everlasting.
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:12 am, edited 7 times in total.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:54 am

Post by vonflare »

they added a new ulti for her so shes not completely useless on maps like anubis point B for defense
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes and I think the version of the tele I am suggesting would not be worthless there as it provide a similar purpose to the generator while still being greater than the generator. Because right now the Ult Generator is better than the tele in every way that is not defending point A. Tele is getting used 25% of the time to the shield generators 75% I'd estimate. Admitting the tele is useless and practically replacing it with a more often used ability, does not fix the teleporter. It overshadows it and replaces it. Passing a shadow over Symetra and replacing her with something/someone else is exactly what everyone was already doing, when they switched off her when A was capped.
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Marquis »

She's too strong, I want to be able to be the only one autolocking her again
link in bio
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Clumsy »

I wish you could choose whether the barrier moves or sits still.
Current game: Witch Trials Mafia, in Mini Theme Queue. 2/6 Pre-ins.

Next D&D game: In design stage.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:14 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 698, Clumsy wrote:I wish you could choose whether the barrier moves or sits still.
look slightly down when you cast it, it will stick in the ground and not move

Return to “The Arcade”