Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Game needs bans for characters cause I am tired of seeing D.Va and her broken ass ult.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In the patch that added Sombra, Dva got two changes. One that I agree with and one I don't. Dva used to slow way down when she fired her gun. Highly iritatingly slow, it was better to run more often than it was to fight. You would take too much damage as a slow moving target while fighting off enemies. So Blizzard made Dva move quicker while firing her guns now. Which is good. She is less frustrating to play as. HOWEVER Blizzard went and buffed her health too. Dva got 100 more armor. Bliz thought she needed more tankyness to survive the same problem. They didn't need to give her both. Giving someone 100 armor is like giving them 200 normal life with how the game's mechanics work. If the problem is "she moves too slow while firing and that amounts to her dying more often" fix the cause only which is the movement speed, not the side effect of her dying more often. People can die a lot by various ways in this game. Giving some one more health alters an entire game, not just one small part of it. That extra sustain is allowing you to take heavy damage even when running away. Its allowing you to move further into a fight, get your ultimate sooner, and put your Dva bomb in places no enemy can deal with. Its allowing her to do more than she has ever done. She did not need two updates to solve one problem. By making these changes you solved one problem and created new problems.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

I thought about this earlier today, I'd like to see Mercy get a wing flap that acts as a double jump.

First space tap { you jump
if you let it go {you fall back down)
if you hold it in { you slowly float downward}
if you tap jump again while in air {You wings flap and you get a double jump}
}

After double jump {
if you let it go {you fall back down)
if you hold it in { you slowly float downward}
}

no triple jump

This mechanic would allow you a new level of escape, which mercy needs, and allow you to better aim who you guardian angel to with this extra view. Guardianing to someone from the air could lead you to nicking the ground sooner so you wouldn't zoom in front of your target like mercy sometimes does. In general she would get better mobility and escape
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I am a fan of Mercy getting a little extra mobility, but I'm not sure how much this will do. Unless the wing flap was more than a standard jump in height, I don't think it would be enough to be it's own kind of escape. If it was high enough to allow you to get onto the second level of areas (for instance, on top of the building in front of Point A on Volskaya or the upper floor of Point B), that would be interesting. Require some testing obviously, as I could still see it doing not enough or even too much. I do like the idea for Guardian Angel targeting though.

Extra tip, not sure if you know this or not. You can deactivate Guardian Angel for Mercy by hitting shift again, keeping you from going flying past them to your death. Helped me a lot when I found this out.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I still like the idea of a more aerial Mercy. Not floating all over the place, because that'd be so easy to shoot out of the air, but more of a dashing over the group providing heals. Jump, wing flap up, GA to your tank, heal while you're flying there, turn and GA to your Mccree, healing Rein as you're flying away, heal Mccree when you arrive, GA back...

It'd have to be somewhat low for that to work though, or that's a dead Mercy while she's doing her job.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

I want this wing flap/double jump to send you either same height or slightly higher than genji's double jump. It should not compete with Pharah's jet shift ability. That should still be highest air mobility move
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Bins »

TRACERS CANON i cant!!!!!
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

cheers love, the cavalry's queer
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Huh? Source?
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Bins »

is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
green shirt thursdays
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Clumsy »

There's a few things I want to point out about the comic, in particular page 10.

Panel 1: Genji and Zenyatta. Nothing I can see of note here.

Panel 2: Who is that with Pharah? Possibly a new character? Or just a non-important date?

Panel 3: I'm assuming that's Torbjorn, and probably his wife? Not super important, but interesting to note that he's married.

Panel 4: The only thing that could be interesting here is figuring out what park they're at. I don't really have any idea, but the fact that the steering wheel is on the right side may be a clue. And the image can't be mirrored (common with art, one version usually looks better than the other) because the letters aren't backwards.

Panel 5: I think that's Hanzo? Where is he? Why the non-traditional dress? Why is there so much detail on the cake?

Panel 6: Reinhardt and Brigitte here. Are those Torbjorn's kids? Possibly, as this is likely his house, although knowing Reinhardt, they could easily be kids from the local orphanage. Simplest answer here is that it's Torbjorn's house, his wife, their kids, and Reinhardt and Brigitte are visiting. And everyone loves grandpa Reinhardt.

Panel 7: Ana and Jack. They're relaxed, obviously trusting of one another. Who is in the picture frame though? The one on the left definitely looks like Jack, but the right doesn't strike me as young Ana. That and Jack's hair in the picture is white at this point. She could be a daughter (looking at a photograph of family he can't see because he's "dead" would seem fitting), or an apprentice/another Overwatch agent, which could also have similar sad story attached to it, which would fit Soldier 76's character.

Panel 8: Reaper in a dark alley looking at a happy couple. Does he know her? Or him? Could she be his wife before he "died"? The boy his son maybe? Or this could be his brother. I'm leaning towards old wife though.

Panel 9: Mccree passed out at a bar. Okay, fitting. But why is Sombra there? Had to fit her in somewhere I suppose? But not all characters are shown in this, so maybe not.

Panel 10: Oh my freaking heartstrings. Ouch. But this brings up something interesting. Very interesting. Her real name is Amélie, and the tombstone she is in front of is of her late husband, an Overwatch agent specifically targeting Talon. They couldn't assassinate him, so they kidnapped her. This is a quote from her wiki page:

Spoiler: Wiki
Talon operatives kidnapped her and subjected her to an intense program of neural reconditioning. They broke her will, suppressed her personality, and reprogrammed her as a sleeper agent. She was eventually found by Overwatch agents, apparently none the worse for wear, and returned to her normal life.

Two weeks later she killed Gérard in his sleep.

Her mission complete, Amélie returned to Talon, and they completed the process of turning her into a living weapon. She was given extensive training in the covert arts, and then her physiology was altered, drastically slowing her heart, which turned her skin cold and blue and
numbed her ability to experience human emotion
. Amélie was gone, replaced by "Widowmaker," Talon's most effective assassin, and feeling little save the satisfaction of a job well done.

Bold is mine, and the point of this. If she can't experience human emotion, she wouldn't feel anything that would bring her here. Sadness, regret, loneliness, missing her husband, none of that. If we think of her as an computer, which she effectively is after having all emotion numbed, what objective is she getting done by spending her holiday "spent with family and friends" here accomplishing? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's out of character for an emotionally stunted Widow. So... is she really incapable of experiencing human emotion? Or is there something else here? Is Amélie still in there? I smell something deeper hiding here. What works against this idea, however, is that the cinematics make her out to be what the canon describes her as. She was fully intent and seemingly unbothered with assassinating the Russian CEO in the Sombra cinematic. This all seems very conflicting.

Panel 11: Nothing seems odd here. But I wonder who the letter is from? OH! Actually! Look at Genji's panel and this one again! It looks like the letter is from Genji, which makes sense given their history. It looks like the quill is even included, making it seem like this is indeed the case. Cool!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

The guy in panel 2 with Pharah has streaks of grey in his hair. Perhaps that's her father?
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Clumsy »

Yeah, I saw that suggested too. Could be.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

Tracer is gay <3 Be still my ever beating heart :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Clumsy »

Just played a game of Mystery Duel. Won 5-2. Then I noticed the guy's rank.

Oh. Uh. GG?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:29 am

Post by InflatablePie »

If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:44 am

Post by pickemgenius »

playing the game with no hands lul.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by DeathNote »

1000 is good for competitive right?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

In season 1 and season 2, I only played placements. Didn't feel like messing around further in comp as I did not have good party of friends to play with. Played all games in solo queue. Went 4-6 both seasons

For season 3, I played 3 games in solo queue and the other 7 with some cool friends I made. Finished 6-4. 3-0 solo 3-4 with group I joined. Had more fun with people I met. Got better stats in all 8 categories (As I only played placements in all 3, its easy to tell I did better overall this season stats wise in Objective time, Eliminations, Damage Done, etc)

After placements I got an overall rank for season 3 that is less than my season 2 rank. I know they said all players would get a lesser rank, but in getting this rank I feel penalized for doing better. I had more fun in a group, but it seems if I want to get a higher rank, I need to play solo. I need to have less fun to get rewarded better.

For these reasons I feel the new system is pretty flawed.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Clumsy »

The best way I can explain it is that they thought that it would feel better to place low and climb after placing than place high and fall every time you play. Try playing more with the group and try to climb, see how that goes. Also, how does your group's rating compare to yours? If they're much lower, it can hurt your SR gain (and not necessarily because of their skill) .
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Clumsy wrote:The best way I can explain it is that they thought that it would feel better to place low and climb after placing than place high and fall every time you play
I can get behind this ideal.
Clumsy wrote:Also, how does your group's rating compare to yours? If they're much lower, it can hurt your SR gain (and not necessarily because of their skill) .
But not behind this.
Theoretically everyone should be better in a group
as you would have better communication. Either the system is overestimating communication and underestimating individual skill, pairing us with people we should not play. Or its overestimating individual skill and underestimating communication because I do better solo.

In general comparing things to last season, it feels like I got penalized for doing something good. If my dog brings in my morning paper and I punch him in the face, he will never do it again. You got to reward good behavior or soon enough the dog will bite you. And you will deserve it.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Clumsy »

Yeah, I understand. My experience has been that when I played solo, it put me with randoms, who were all around my SR. When I queue'd with friends that were 500-1000 points below me, the team was about 500 SR lower, and the game played like it too. Part of our losses was our group, myself included, but the rest of the team were also of admittedly lower caliber and not as cohesive. My group broke about even that night with SR, finishing where they started. I dropped about 70 SR.

Feelsbadman.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:05 am

Post by DeathNote »

Adventures of my last ranked game. Our symmetra placed her teleporter on a bridge so that people ran out and off the map and died.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by SirCakez »

That's been happening for forever
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “The Arcade”