notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Thu May 28, 2015 12:31 am

Post by notquitethere »

Hello all! I'm looking forward to this!

We should share our roles with one another so we know what each other can do.

I'm a White Suit Henchman-- superinformed (we know that some players are immortal), and an enabler (if I die a town role will be deactivated).

Out of the ten other players some are immortal, but my guess is that there's probably not more than 5 or 6 of them, because we need to be the majority and we can only superkill one player (so immortals have to be lynched to die). That said, there's likely other factors which complicate this.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Thu May 28, 2015 1:24 am

Post by notquitethere »

Cool, and what's your character name then?
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Thu May 28, 2015 2:28 am

Post by notquitethere »

I'm an enabler, but for town (so town loses an advantage if I die). As a team we're 'super-informed' in that we know immortals exist. By 'super kill' I just meant, once in the game we can have our kill work on immortals.

I'm guessing if you're Lua then Hydrangia is Ladd Russo.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Thu May 28, 2015 2:28 am

Post by notquitethere »

Also, you should definitely watch the rest of Baccano!, it's a great series and not too long.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #4) » Thu May 28, 2015 5:24 am

Post by notquitethere »

Yeah I've been mafia a whole bunch of times, with generally good success. We need to stay active, develop reasonable suspicions and ve prepared to fake flavor claim if there's a mass claim.

If it comes to it, either we should should stick to fake claiming the same gender, or we should claim the character most similiar to our real character. If the latter:

Lua's permanent-commuting makes her a lot like Dallas Genoard for spoilery reasons.

Ladd Russo's blocking could be claimed as Isaac Dian infectious and irrepressible personality/thievery

Mary Beriam could be a town enabler as she's a valuable hostage but powerless on her own.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #5) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:26 am

Post by notquitethere »

A few last things:

The setting might imply a hostile 3rd party. There could be a Rail Tracer serial killer. There's certainly either Szilard or the devil to grant new immortality.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by notquitethere »

Here's my notes:

Kill List

Mikazuki (had a strong scumread on Hydra / 2nd most active player / no one suspects her)

ToastyToast - (Attacked TSQ over claim, slightly indicating Toast isn't Immortal - says he wouldn't have bothered investigating Aristo at night, implying he has an investigative role)

Kalimar - (is no one's target and suspects West)

JohnnyFarrar (most active player/spotted a Mainez/West connection, his early Aristo attack might suggest trusting TSQ's claim which might in turn suggests he himself is a town immortal)

Varsoon (Domino) (Domino trusted TSQ's claim, which might imply they're also immortal. Says he'll be able to check whether claims are telling the truth so may have a kill or an investigate)

Aristophanes - Claimed Ascetic (safe to kill, but not a dangerous role for us)
Beer - Implied Immortal
BROseidon - Implied Immortal
Jazzmyn (Thestatusquo) - Claimed Immortal

If we want to kill the most dangerous player, we should kill Mika. There's a fair chance she's not immortal.

Although he'd be safe to kill, we should keep Aristo alive: he'll draw heat and he's always a safe kill later on.

We should block Toasty or Varsoon as they've hinted at having active investigatory night roles.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by notquitethere »

And, yeah, it looks like I was right in think Johnny was immortal. He might draw some heat today. I think we can probably get Broseidon killed.

Our big problem is that all of us are suspected by a number of different players. We need to keep West alive as he's the most useful. If Mainez is the only scum left we can't nightkill. Basically we should all up our game: be active and inquisitive.

Strategy-wise, if any of us are in serious danger of being lynched we should use the following claims:

I'm going to claim Mary Beriam. I already breadcrumbed the name in my first post of the game. I'll claim to be an enabler of either town or scum. That should give people pause before lynching me.

There's no need for either of you to lie about your powers when we come to a mass-claim, just have good sounding reasons for blocking the people you block. Toasty is a good block pick for now, Varsoon was a bit too blatant on reflection.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by notquitethere »

*we should use the following claims: Mainez = Dallas Genoard, town BP. West = Issac Dian, town role blocker (I'd say claim jailer as it sounds better, but it's too susceptible to a counterclaim if someone managed to act on one of your claimed targets)
[missed a section]
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by notquitethere »

Obviously though, I don't think we should claim until either we're about to die or there's a mass claim. That said, since all previous claims seem to have been blindly accepted by town so far, we might make ourselves look better if we claim things unprompted.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by notquitethere »

In post 27, West9 wrote:Mika's a good kill.

Mainez's claim is gonna be tricky, because if four other people are also bulletproof, she could get caught up on a flavor slip.

Gonna read through the thread tomorrow, pick apart the day and the CD wagon to find suckers for us to get lynched, and find a good reason for roleblocking Toast (or whoever, if there's someone better I notice).

@Keely
, if I do the nightkill, do I get an additional roleblock on top of that?

I'll do the night kill tonight, obviously. Unless we decide otherwise, Cheetory consider my night action to be
Kill Mikazuki

Mainez could claim permanent commuter/Dallas, as that's compatible with being Dallas Genoard (he's stuck in a barrel for almost the entire season). No slip at all.

Johnny being immortal doesn't mean he's confirmed town but people might take it that way, sure.

As for bussing: I think it's totally legit for us to soft bus and distance each other, but our best bet is to try and force through mislynches and keep one another alive. I'm very good at avoiding being mislynched (I get really tenacious and pro-active in the face of death) so feel free to direct heat at me. Our game plan should be to mislynch the weaker, weirder or isolated players, like Bro, Beer and Kalimar respectively.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:46 pm

Post by notquitethere »

Just to let you all know, I'm going for a long five day hike from tomorrow morning so I'll not be around for the first part of the day. Getting on different wagons seems reasonable, though we should use our combined power to push mislynches when there's plausible reasons for voting people. Co-ordination is our advantage over the town and we shouldn't give that up.

West, you caught up yet?
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:54 am

Post by notquitethere »

Varsoon has twice heavily implied that he has an investigatory role. This means he's almost certainly immortal trying to bait a kill (though he may also be telling the truth). (He also trusted TSQ's immortal claim, which makes it more likely he's also immortal).

Toast also implied he had an investigatory role, which he's probably using on Big tonight. He's probably not immortal though given how he reacted around Aristo at the beginning of the game. If he does this, he won't be on Big's lynch tomorrow. You should block Toaster tonight and keep him on side.

Johnny is going to push for my lynch tomorrow, but I also suspect he might be immortal.

Aristo isn't immortal, but is a weak player and is likely to be easily led into hammering whomever we go after tomorrow. He's a safe kill-choice but if he's just an ascetic then we don't really achieve much by doing it.

Big is our lynch choice for tomorrow. My gut says he's a 3rd party immortal-eating serial killer.

Jazz is claimed immortal. If he's not the serial killer, he's probably getting eaten tonight.

We should save our super-kill and use it only on a confirmed immortal. I think of the six possible victims, three or four are immortal (I think the Dealer role would have given more people immortality. Maybe that was already done.), I think Jazz, Big and Varsoon are immortal, and Johnny might be. This means we should either super-kill one of them, or get rid of Toast or Aristo. The tricky thing is, it's easier to manipulate Toast and Aristo into mislynching someone.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:14 am

Post by notquitethere »

Basically we need to form up enough players that would go for a Big lynch tomorrow. Toast would obviously, and Big is Johnny's second choice. Varsoon is convinced that Big is town (maybe he really did investigate him). So maybe we should super-kill Varsoon as he's not going to be useful for pushing Big's lynch.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by notquitethere »

"One time you may modify the
nightkill to be strong enough to
kill an immortal."

Wait, am I the only one that can do that? I should do it before I get killed.

As such:

Superkill Varsoon.
Cheetory, I want this kill to be strong enough to kill an immortal.

Varsoon better not be a Paranoid Gun Owner after all this. With any luck, Jazz will be eaten tonight by the SK.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by notquitethere »

Yeah if I'm right that there's an immortal sk and it wasn't just a one-time thing then it's going to be targeting players that have claimed immortal which doesn't include any of us.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by notquitethere »

notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by notquitethere »

Also Varsoon is baiting a kill which implies immortality
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by notquitethere »

Well the night has been slightly extended but that's okay: we all know what we're doing.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Post by notquitethere »

I'm really proud of us today. We went in with a game plan: kill Big, and we achieved that plan. I wish Aristo and Toast had been quicker with their inevitable votes, it was making me nervous. Fortunately, Big made so many mistakes I was able to look good in comparison and lead the town to his lynch.

Night Kill Toast
is the obvious choice for today.

West is right to block Johnny: we don't want any mysterious shenanigans. If it's not an auto-win for whatever reason and Toast is dead, one of us should claim that there must be a 1 man superscum team and we all vote for Johnny.

If Toast doesn't die for some reason, we might have to try to side with Johnny to lynch town: if one of us is seriously up for the lynch, they should threaten Johnny with the superkill (which he knows exists) and get him to vote a townsperson, and then we quickhammer that town to win.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:53 pm

Post by notquitethere »

The thing is, I genuinely do enable an unknown town power, despite the norm being for me to know which one (regardless of alignment). I can just argue that Cheetory decided for some reason to keep the role it enables a secret, perhaps due to the number of unique roles in this set-up.

When West was like, "this feels like a mislynch" I was getting a bit impatient, but I knew it was correct of him to wait until after the others had voted.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #21) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:03 pm

Post by notquitethere »

If Toast and Aristo hadn't been so lazy and Big had been a bit more competent then you two wouldn't have been able to get away with doing so little. Varsoon was on the right path: if he'd only pushed for a West lynch everyone else would have gone for it, but he decided to just sheep Big the whole time which was a self-defeating strategy.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Post by notquitethere »

I don't think these two-week long days are good for activity and engagement levels. 48 or 72 hours of more intense play is my preference.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:17 am

Post by notquitethere »

Well only 6 hours until we find out if we've won the game yet... finger's crossed!

Return to “Completed Game Topics”