Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by Drixx »

Well shit. I'm either too low key and get scumspected or I'm too engaged and immediately draw night fire.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Drixx »

I either got my action in too late or saved Boem last night. It was basically a crap shoot what to do each night and I put info in the thread to make it seem likely that I would be on you last night. I was hoping I could juke them into not shooting you and put the save on Boem. Bleh. Doctor is so much trying to figure out who is for sure town and then figure out who scum will think they can kill safely.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 899, Egg wrote:
In post 893, Drixx wrote:Well shit. I'm either too low key and get scumspected or I'm too engaged and immediately draw night fire.
It was your doc claim, actually. (Although the idea of you being scum was mentioned too)
Why did I get left alive so long then?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Drixx »

Yeah ... had boring nailed super early. Nobody was listening to me then but still feels good.

As a discussion point: was the need to get rid of me simply because I would always be on one of CB/Boem? Did any scum buy my expressed doubts about either of those slots?

If there weren't obvious roles that had to be killed, would a doctor claim otherwise merit an instant death sentence? It seems to me that doctor is maybe overvalued (outside of situations where combinations of roles make a doctor a lynchpin), so I'm wondering why others view it as more valuable than I do.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Drixx »

In this game, I felt more like I was just an inconvenience. I was not super likely to get the 3 or 4 saves necessary for doctor role utility to provide an extra mislynch given that I was basically locked into trying to keep Watcher and Gunsmith alive and use my posts to try and play head games with the scum, and hope there was protection for me.

This is exactly what I'm interested in, btw. Doctor is always viewed as a really strong role, but I always struggle with how to manufacture utility from it, apart from the obvious drawing a kill.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Drixx »

A side-effect of trying to convince scum there was a scism in the town power role block. You get what I was trying to do yeah?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Drixx »

Boring is amazingly spry on her feet as scum. Until the moment she has to commit, she'll play super neutral, and then once she has to convince people that she isn't scum, the show begins. It's really quite impressive.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by Drixx »

did someone check the claim that boring was already lynched yet?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Drixx »

ummm... I doc saved Boem on night 3. Is it correct action resolution for a bodyguard to die if a doc save is in place? That seems off to me if that's how it's actually supposed to work. It just doesn't make sense.

As a doctor, I'm visiting someone to save their life. A bodyguard would have to be with the person, which is the same place the doctor is visiting. So if the reason is "the target changes because bodyguard" the question I have is ... don't kills resolve last and doesn't bodyguard only resolve if the kill actually goes through, so shouldn't a doc save prevent bodyguard from ever triggering?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Drixx »

Boring said she aimed at him night 3, so that's a probable confirmed save! Woot.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Drixx »

Anyone wanna run squares on how late the day starts?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Drixx »

LOL. It's cheating if you do it and not Wake. I was just going for funny anyway.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1031, Wake1 wrote:
In post 1027, Titus wrote:I would be bitchslapping town ATM. The mod announced that when a faction is eliminated, mod would announce it.
Debating whether I should repeat this or not...

Maybe update it in the OP.
Don't.

The First Rule of Good Modding
: Once the game starts and is in progress, do nothing which will impact the outcome of the game unless you absolutely must, or the thing you say/do was planned into the game.

You have already told the game long before it would come up that if a scum faction was eliminated it would be announced. If you repeat that info now to remind them, you will definitely impact the game because either the last red scum is trying to plant the idea that red scum is dead or that was a townie who said that, and nobody countered it. If the town forgets info the mod said, that's on them. You should not intercede to remind people of information they already have and which is freely available to them if they ISO the game mod.

Let it be a lesson to people to keep a notes file for each game they are in and NOTE important information. Memory is NOT RELIABLE. I've seen scum teams win so many games they should have lost because town just outright forgot known confirmed info that they could easily have found with a few moments effort. Taking good notes makes it even easier. If people want to rely upon memory, that's on them.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by Drixx »

There are a few players who have been on site and literally intentionally joined games just to fuck with people and troll the game. Not gonna name names but there are a few.

I mean ... 7 posts in the whole game is some crazy ass lurking, but that's on the rest of the game for letting him get away with it.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:17 pm

Post by Drixx »

Boem caught Boring doing a kill. I told you guys super early in the game Boring was scum. Scum hunting > investigative guilty. :-)
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Drixx »

Titus does make mistakes and tunnel townies, but since I've joined the site I've been almost constantly in a game with Titus, and there has been a dramatic improvement in that. She still is way too touchy on anything she thinks is role fishing and she still has a bias with certain people where even when the evidence they are town is overwhelming she will still be scumspecting them (I am one of those people, so I'm well aware), but like ... anyone who has been paying attention to Titus over the last year or so will underestimate her at their peril.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”