BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:24 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Hi everyone! Have either of you been scum before?

Errantparabola, what does your role do? I looked up Silencer on the wiki and it makes somebody unable to talk?

tempting to just use it on whoever is the most annoying and then pretend you're a town silencer? might want to use it on a strong town player which on this playlist is i guess metal sonic, but also one day you might want to use it on us to "confirm" us as town because scum silenced us and we're pretty strong players ourselves.

what is the exact nature of the post restriction the player acquires when silenced? are they allowed to quote stuff? if so please use it on me at some point (i'll tell you when).

--P
Hydra of BlueBloodedToffee and Plotinus

Radio BeardedCat was asked: Should I defend my buddy if he uses dice tags to decide whether to hammer the IC without a claim?
Radio BeardedCat answered: In principle yes, but it is not defend but rather policybus him for information.
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:35 am

Post by BeardedCat »

We have daytalk so that's great. please remember to check the PT during the day!

now let's talk about the playerlist some. Do any of you know any of these people?

Red: us
Black: threats
Green: everyone else

BeardedCat
<-- this is a hydra of bluebloodedtoffee and plotinus. we're both really good at being scum. don't bus us.
Metal Sonic
<-- metal sonic is really hyper and yelly and bossy. if his reads are good we might want to kill him. i don't think he knows how to read me, though.
Call of the Wild
<-- this is a hydra of titus and silverwolf. they'll probably be yelly. titus gets mislynched a lot day 1. we'll see how she's doing this game. if her reads are wrong then i'd rather not mislynch her right away. if she's right then we might have to mislynch her.
Bellaphant
<-- I love Bella to bits and we've hydraed together a couple times. She doesn't post all that much when she's town and she's probably an easy mislynch, I hate to say it. If she's townreading us we can keep her around, but she might be able to read me or at least might not give me as much of a free pass and everybody else is going to.
Errantparabola
<-- one of you! tell us all about you!
Aristophanes
<-- i just got out of a game where he was scum and I was town. I don't think he knows how to read me.
gummmybear
<-- no clue
Scorpious
<-- he was one of my newbs in the game I ICed and he was also fairly easy to mislynch. might want to keep him around, too.
Sir Bastion
<-- no clue
Aeronaut
<-- he self describes as a bad player but I don't know if that's true and I've never played with him before.
Rory
<-- no clue
KTthecreeper
<-- one of you guys! Tell us about you!
Dwlee99
<-- some newbie

--P

Radio BeardedCat was asked: Should I defend my buddy if he uses dice tags to decide whether to hammer the IC without a claim?
Radio BeardedCat answered: In principle yes, but it is not defend but rather policybus him for information.
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:04 am

Post by BeardedCat »

since i don't know how much experience you guys have, I'm just going to post the scum IC wall that I put in the mafia PT at the start of a newbie game with advice on how to be scum, but I'll take out the parts that are specific to Matrix6 (The newbie setup) or specific to me being The IC. BBT has been an IC in newbie games a lot too so we can both help you guys out.

Spoiler: how to be scum
This is advice on how to be scum mostly stolen from Jingle, who got it from UberNinja and Frog, but I adapted it a lot to my own playstyle.

First, don't post just to break the silence, either at the beginning of the game, or after a night is over. Wait for others to do that first. The first few posts after a night is over are the most heavily scrutinized. I caught one of the scum in a previous game on his first post one Day, because of an errant comment he said. When in doubt, just wait until somebody else posts, and analyze what they said. Basically, try as hard as you can *not* to be the one sticking out of the crowd, especially *right* when people are looking for someone to scumhunt for.

Second, treat me as you would treat any other player. Don't avoid voting for me, don't avoid accusing me of something you think is scummy. I am pretty good at making myself look like I’m town, so you might not have to vote me, but if you think I’ve messed up or that I look bad then you should vote me! Similarly, don't get flustered if I start attacking you; treat it as if anyone else was attacking you and defend your honour.

Third, if someone (me or otherwise) attacks you for something, don't waste your time being defensive. Just politely explain why they're wrong (once, and *clearly*), and move on to what's important: looking for *actual* scum. The reason for this is simple: Scum subconsciously focus on their own guilt, and feel they have to defend themselves; town know they are innocent and don't put much stock in others accusations. This is why overdefensiveness is a pretty reliable scum tell in newbie games.

Fourth: This is a tricky one, and you'll have to feel it for yourself the balance for how closely you want to follow it: Follow other players' leads (including mine), but don't make it obvious that that's what you're doing. Try not to vote for the same person as someone else *because of the same reasons*; find your own reasons if you can. There are exceptions to this rule, such as when there's not much else to nitpick about them, or when the reason is so amazingly bad that you can't *not* vote them for it. For instance, if someone quick-hammers a townie before they can claim. *Not* voting for somebody that scummy is also bad. So like I said, you'll have to feel this one out for yourself.

Fifth: Try to make some friends in the town. These are people that you’re going to be town reading because you like their posts, because they’re saying things that make sense, because they’re town reading you. If one of these players is experienced, ask them for advice now and then. This is good for a few things: people that like you are less likely to vote you, and if you die I can make these people look like your buddy: I can mislynch them and then we will win together! Try to give everyone (including me) the same amount of attention, but give your “friends” some extra attention.

Good luck!

Basically, act like a townie. When it's daytime forget that I'm your scumbuddy, forget that you know more about the game's layout than everybody else, stay under the radar but not too much so that it seems like you're lurking. I may attack you, you may attack me. If something goes awfully wrong and one of us is outed (for example if I'm inspected and I turn up scum) then don't be afraid to lynch me. Don't be too defensive, make sure you look like you're continually trying to find scum. If someone attacks you, don't get too defensive.

We can always talk on this PT. This is where we'll discuss who to kill and why, and how we should play during the day.

A note about the set-up: the setup is closed and we don't know anybody's roles but our own. Sometimes people hint at their roles in the thread (crumbing) and if we see them doing that we can keep a list in here of who has what role and what their breadcrumbs are. If we need to claim something, Nexus will help us make a claim that is safe. I'm not very good at setup spec yet but I suspect I'm the only one of us who has been through the normal review process so I'll probably have to help think of something plausible. Always discuss in here what we're going to claim before doing it in public!

I know this is a lot to take in, but good luck! I'm sure you'll do well.

If you've got specific questions let me know and I'll try to answer them.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:06 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Also also you should remember that we're all the good guys and the town are the bad guys and we're working together and we're gonna win this! <3

And let's win without making the game unfun for people. We have to mislynch a bunch of people to win, but let's make their deaths as painless as possible. No below the belt attacks or being too much of a dick. If you use the r word I *will* vote you.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:17 am

Post by BeardedCat »

BBT and I are in europe. What continent are you guys on?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:51 am

Post by BeardedCat »

ah, if they're unable to vote then don't do it to us. i thought it meant that they couldn't write anything but could still vote. so you're a vote thief. better to use it on town i think.

the r word is r*t*rd. instead of calling a person the r word you can say that you find them disingenuous or that you think they're obfuscating stupidity or that you disagree with their arguments or that you think they're scum.

mostly because when someone makes a mistake i think it's actually scummy to jump up and down and gleefully call them r*t*rded and make a big fuss about it. just call them scum and vote them for it; it's better. i've noticed in my completed games that the people who are extra gleeful about making me feel bad when i do something dumb are scum. it's more of a tone thing. Also at least three people on this playerlist (including me) are autistic or something similar so it's especially offensive.

I mainly play mafia to get better at reading other people and practice communication. i'm not all that good at communicating because sometimes I write too much or sometimes i don't manage to explain what i'm thinking even if i put a lot of words and then sometimes i can only write a little bit and can't grammar well but when i'm like that i try not to post because people don't townread me for having trouble communicating.

We'll bus you if we have to but it would be better not to. If we bus you, then we have to mislynch two more people to make up for it. There are only 3-4 experienced players on this playlist, including us, so there will probably be a lot of low hanging fruit. And people usually expect scum to bus each other so if we don't bus we may look less like buddies. But if you're dead in the water it's better to bus than not to bus.

Your mistakes will look bigger to you because you're in your head and you are making them, but other people don't know what the setup is like and they don't know who the scum are and I think there will be quite a bit of noise in this game; you might not look any more scummy than the townies do.

I think the biggest advice I can give is to scumhunt actively and try to forget that you know who we are. and also to pick a couple people to pretend that they're your scumbuddy in public. if people townread you, try to work together with them. if they scumread you, don't panic. :)

sorry wrote too many words again.

pedit @KT that's good to hear! I am also good at looking town.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:00 am

Post by BeardedCat »

that's good to know, thanks! I've never played with dwlee before i just saw his joindate and his mafia discussion thread. we'll keep an eye out for him then. is he good at looking town when he's town? maybe we could lynch him day 1.

have you played with any of the others?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:03 am

Post by BeardedCat »

does he get paranoid of you right away or does it happen later in the game? is he good at convincing other people who don't know him that he's right?

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:08 am

Post by BeardedCat »

that's unfortunate. are there any things that you know you tend to do more as town that you could try to do here even if nobody but dwlee will townread you for doing them?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:24 am

Post by BeardedCat »

maybe try a small dose of panic at the right moment?

it sounds like you make more waves as town and as scum you are more self contained?

i can sympathise; there are a couple differences between my town game and scum game that don't come up every game but when they do come up i will react better as scum, so i'm working on reacting like that as town, too.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:53 am

Post by BeardedCat »

MYLO is hard.

and sometimes in MYLO the least suspicious person is scum.

you can try rereading the thread and looking at the person's posts in isolation and seeing how they talked to the dead scum and how the dead scum talked about them. but sometimes it's hard. I've voted right in LYLO twice and wrong 4 times. it's a hard decision.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

@KT: lylo will be easier this game because we just have to lynch someone who isn't us :]

@errant: someone can pretend to metadive you, then, look up a towngame of yours and say you were playing like that as town too and it'll be fine. bbt and i can't make that sound genuine because bbt is known for hating meta and the stance i usually take is that experiential meta works for me sometimes in certain situations but just reading someone else's game doesn't really help me much but maybe kt can do it. and if kt flips before you do, you can claim he was buddying you to try to get you to townread him.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

but with this playerlist i really feel like nobody else is going to be playing a strong obvtown game either so it'll be fine.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:51 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

whee day start! good luck everyone! I am a bit busy at the moment but will try to get us off to a good start. if you guys are gonna be around and posting is anyone interested in a scumdriven RVS wagon on dwlee for the lols?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:18 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

My two cents.

Metal Sonic
- Good player, not sure if he knows how to read me. I think he respects my scum game so there could be fireworks between us early. Will be a good early kill choice.

Call of the Wild
- This is the biggest threat in the game IMO. SilveWolf has a solid and obvtown game and once Titus gets a hold of you, she doesn't let it go easily. Titus can get stuck in really bad tunnels though and we should allow her to keep doing that if her reads are consistently off. This is priority night-kill for me depending on how Titus performs.

Bellaphant
<3 Bella. Can be a good town player but I have to agree with Plot, she can go through phases where she doesn't post much and we can use this to our advantage to lynch her. I always manage to scum read Bella as well so I see no reason not to continue the trend :)

Aristophanes
No idea.

gummmybear
No idea.

Scorpious
Scorpious is pretty scummy as town IMO. I expect him and Titus will go at each other - let's allow that to happen. It will create plenty of noise for us to hide behind.

Sir Bastion
No idea.

Aeronaut
Aeronaut is a decent player IMO, another good early kill choice.

Rory
No idea.

Dwlee99
DwLee is soooooooo obvious as scum, like, I hate meta but it really can be used to nail his alignment. I will be town reading him early and keeping a hold of it all game. I'm not sure he's particularly strong at driving wagons though.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:17 am

Post by BeardedCat »

oh hey i remember who Rory is. He's a public alt of Radja/Gnomeo. He was my scumbuddy in n1628. he mostly did this prodge-prodge-scumpost-prodge thing.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:17 am

Post by BeardedCat »

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:18 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I don't think he's much of a threat.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 63, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm over aggressive in my town games (although I'm playing differently on here) so meta of those games will not help, kt.

this might help you, actually, if you say your own meta is different over here too (especially if it's true) or that you're trying to play differently because of the longer deadlines or idk.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

if it comes up naturally in conversation anyway

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 33, KTthecreeper wrote:help all my mafia friends are all anti BBT @Beardedcat help ;-;

What does this mean? your friends don't like BBT or something else? I didn't see anything like that in the thread.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:17 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I am totally goigng to keep talkigng like this whegnever I'm talkigng to or about Rory. It is my ngew self-imposed postrestrictiogn.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:17 am

Post by BeardedCat »

*gnew

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

that was a good question, errant, because it's the sort of question the mafia usually talk about in private. I have in previous games considered two players to be unlikely scum together for asking that question in public considering they would have already discussed it pregame if they were both scum.

anyway, what i said about bella in public is true; I think she does know a couple ways to read me but I think I know the tells she can use and knowing them means I can dodge them if I have to, so I'm not worried.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

i can't tell if titus and sonic are crumbing lovers with each other or if they're just being weird.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

i finally figured out that all this boob talk is about whether your character is male or female and not about what you have in real life. I am now feeling kind of stupid.

we have one female and two male fakeclaims available to us (which matches us being one female and two males) so this game isn't breakable by gender (thanks Nexus <3).

Our fakeclaims that we were given are "Robin Hood, King James I and Queen Matilda" were you told the same ones? I guess it makes sense for us to pick Queen Matilda since our real character is female and King James I kind of matches with King John and Robin Hood kind of matches with Guy Fawkes I think?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:16 am

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 110, BeardedCat wrote:This is the napkin stage of the game where we put napkins on our heads and pretend they're cloaks of invisibility. The scumteam can't read our comments if we write them with a napkin on our head. It's antitown to elaborate without napkins.
by this i mean "hey why are we all obvcrumbing our roles did you guys know that the scumteam can read the public thread or??"

it's also a reference to my last game that i played with aristo and bella.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:32 am

Post by BeardedCat »

from the signups thread:

In post 1421, Nexus wrote:it's based off of the areas I teach, so mainly British and European History in the last 2500 years.

so anywhen from -500 BC onwards.

I can't tell if Aristo is crumbing his role here or just joking about his own username. I think he's joking about his username because he's doing it in response to Call of the Wild's crumbs:

In post 46, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 35, Call of the Wild wrote:Are you telling us there's a chance? I need to know my options here. Gay men got few options. Is it you're not into men? I can totally turn you. Or did you grow boobs on me? I failed anatomy.

Sex fuels all historical decisions. Particularly Ancient Greece.
Ancient Greek Sex?
Oh the tales I could tell!

One day I got a new student, David, and decided to teach him a couple of things...

Call of the Wild is crumbing extensively.

In post 31, Call of the Wild wrote:Sonic, we can boom. Show me your a nice man who can come have great gay mental sex and we can use ourselves to boom all over this thread. I try not to have sex when drunk. It makes me vulnerable to scumbags.

SW, he means work together.

~Titus

In post 35, Call of the Wild wrote:Are you telling us there's a chance? I need to know my options here. Gay men got few options. Is it you're not into men? I can totally turn you. Or did you grow boobs on me? I failed anatomy.

Sex fuels all historical decisions. Particularly Ancient Greece.

They're an ancient greek and they're gay. and they might be lovers with sonic boom but they don't have a PT if so. they've also read History Mafia I, where the game was scumteam was one gender (with opposite gender safeclaims) and the town was another gender.

Titus finally realises i'm being obtuse and saying that i'm female bodied in real life and bbt is male (i really didn't know we were all crumbing our roles i was just as confused as scorpious just was until she said this) and throws me a bone:

In post 100, Call of the Wild wrote:@Plot, KT is scum.

I don't want to have sex with hydras. I want to have sex with history. I want it to remember me. Gay sex with history. I am not a milk man. I am uncorruptable. But seriously, all this talk is cheap.

~Titus

so sometime in the future we can unlazy and figure out what the fuck that means.

these could be crumbs from scorpious:

In post 36, Scorpious wrote:
In post 35, Call of the Wild wrote:Sex fuels all historical decisions.

Women have a larger impact on history than any man ever.Even if we don't know their names..

ok, that's my off-topic addidtion :D

In post 38, Scorpious wrote:Seems like a game full of educated people if you ask me..

In post 88, Scorpious wrote:If you don't eat yet meat
ye can't have any pudding
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yet meat!? Eegghh!!

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:34 am

Post by BeardedCat »

(they could be crumbs from scorpious but i think he's made it clear that he doesn't understand that other people are crumbing, so i'm less likely to interpret them as crumbs and more as "oh hey everyone is making noise i'll make some noise too")

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

crumbhunting takes practice. i do it as town too quite a bit to help me know which wagons i want to stay off of and to help me avoid tunnelling people who are PRs trying not to stick their necks out instead of scum trying not to stick their necks out, but sometimes scum crumb things too which is important to keep in mind.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

and sorry for the inactivity, Nexus. had a migraine yesterday and it was terrible. This isn't a lurker hydra; don't worry. <3

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:52 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

KT, less defending yourself and more scumhunting, please. Start asking people questions that aren't about you or their reads on you. Go through people's posts where they talk about other people, preferrably people who aren't your buddies either, and ask them why they said what they said or make conversation or ask them what their read on ____ is.

if you have to just make up some batshit scumtell like "people who use too many ellipses are scum" and then go apply it willynilly. What I want you (and errant, though she's not the centre of attention right now so it's less urgent for her), to do is run in circles around the thread scumhunting like an excited puppy all full of youthful exuberance and delight, barking up all the wrong trees and shaking all the branches trying to find out who is scum. scumread people for the wrong reasons. look under every rock and in every corner to find scum. it doesn't matter that you'll be using tells that don't work and won't help you find scum because you're new to the site and you're 11 years old and you can capitalise on that.

don't talk so much about why you're not scum or how much experience you have or why you deserve a seat at the big kid's table. you don't have to ask permission to sit down at the big kid's table, you need to just show up and sit down and contribute to the discussion like you already belong here because you do belong here!

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:32 am

Post by BeardedCat »

KT you're the best
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

I think that's agood target for you to go after, KT.

we might try for a harder one ourselves, but that's an okay fall back plan (and it's good if the major wagons are both on town)

In post 306, Metal Sonic wrote:I'm a doctor I can't get cooties

not sure if serious but i'm continuing my obsessive documenting of possible crumbs.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

it would be better to lynch metal sonic than scorpious if we can. but scorpious is a good fall back.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:00 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Yeah, I would much prefer if we could achieve a more difficult lynch - even if it takes all 3 of us to be on the wagon.

I'm here and catching up now. I agree with Plot that it's a good idea if KT pushes Scorpious, he is for sure lynchable.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:11 am

Post by BeardedCat »

haha yeah. we've got really different personalities and approaches. I think we currently agree on about 7 slots. But it's a pleasure working with him. I've been wanting to be scum together with him for a long time now.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:21 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Don't worry about it. I actually think you're looking town from the exchange.

I would move on from it now. Start trying to engage with other people in order to move their vote onto Scorpious.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:33 am

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 424, KTthecreeper wrote:dude you do relise you are taking this game a bit too far i can see your mad but please you don't have to be so mean it isn't helping you at all to yell at people and tell them to F off that isn't how mature people play these games now please take a moment to gather yourself and them start playing again

Your attitude here is more mature than the actual grown ups. Thumbs up.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:50 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Hey KT, is the AtE in the public thread real or for show? If you're feeling discouraged for real or anything you can talk to us in here, you know. We're voting you because it'll look good for us later when someone analyses the votes for VCA (vote count analysis), not because we don't like you.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #40) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:56 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Errant, do you know anybody in the town? have you played with anyone before in a completed game?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #41) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:46 am

Post by BeardedCat »

in a way that makes things harder because you don't have someone to interact with that isn't a stranger to you, but it also makes it easier because you don't have the problem kt is having with dwlee.

if you're struggling to get reads, you could try looking at people in isolation and picking things to ask them about. if someone answers your question (which a few people have i think?) you should reply somehow (even if to just say "ok that makes sense"). maybe pick 2-3 people to focus on and try to sort them; if you end up townreading them then try to work together with them and try to understand why they're scumreading various people and then try to find your own reasons to scumread similar people. if you end up scumreading them, push them harder.

if you've just been busy, that's fine. real life happens sometimes.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #42) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:51 am

Post by BeardedCat »

lol, thanks :) I do actually believe that. I've seen town mess up like that a lot more often than I've scum mess up. town start out knowing nothing about the setup and they're so hungry for information that when they see a crumb it's hard for them not to slip (especially newer town). scum know that they're looking for crumbs for the nightkill because they're scum so we're better at remembering to be quiet. When I crumbhunt as town, I do it to know which wagons I want to avoid, so I don't help run the cop up to L-1 by mistake.

I think sonic and titus are lovers, not masons, if they're anything, but they're probably not even that. when they talk about masons they mean something like forming such a strong townread on each other that they pretend they're masons in thread.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

pre-emptively saying don't rescue us or chainsaw defend us or get in the way of us and sw/sonic.

if we need help we'll ask but mostly let us do our thing for now.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #44) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

-editted on Plot's request-

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #45) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:31 am

Post by BeardedCat »

(thanks Nexus)

Unrelated to the above:

WiFom City is over, the large that Titus modded and sonic was my pretend-mason all game, we were working together driving lynches on groupscum for almost 3 months and never getting paranoid of each other and then the town was divided into PR vs VT claims and they started lynching in the PR pool and that was my pool and I was the only scum in the pool, so I was lynched on day 9 and the last group scum was lynched on day 10 and now the game has been called and they can
talk
about how mindfuck my scumgame is and why they're paranoid of me.

But I think I'll be okay. After all, being an arsonist is kind of like being town in that I was highly motivated to get rid of the groupscum before they could crosskill me. And I spent the entire game emulating my town meta pretty well and if they're seeing similarities well that's just because I'm actually town this time, right?

But day 9 was a 1v1 between sonic and me except I could no longer meet my win condition by that point and I had a headache and it didn't matter whether I lynched him or not because I couldn't win either way and I couldn't lynch the last scum because he wasn't in my pool so why bother, I felt.

and so all this time my interactions with sonic have been about how can i (pretend to) sort him without just having a rematch of something that happened in an ongoing game or having it look like a vendetta (which it wouldn't have been. i 100% want him lynched because he's a threat to our longterm survival) but it's not ongoing anymore so that'll make it easier. at least the 3 of us can talk plainly, now.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #46) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

burden of proficiency is shit.

never let people figure out that you're not incompetent. seriously.

I don't even know how to towntell anymore after I towntold so much as scum in WiFoM city.

at least we have an explanation for why we're not getting nightkilled "all of you guys keep doubtcasting us and promising to help lynch us if we don't get nightkilled. of course we're not going to be nightkilled in that situation!" ugh.
--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

Post by BeardedCat »

don't worry, even though I'm encouraging scorpious to push your wagon, he doesn't really have the towncred to pull it off.

this is mostly just busywork.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

You're doing great! <3

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #49) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:16 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I have run out of towncred for coaching scorpious (which I totally would be doing as town, sheesh) so he can read this postgame:

Dear future scorpious (and any of my scumbuddies who don't know why the VT claim was bad)
As a Vanilla Townie, your job is to attract the nightkill. If you are nightkilled, that means the cop/doc/tracker/etc wasn't nightkilled.

You can do this in a bunch of different ways, and some of them are pretty hard and some are less hard.

1) You can be
obvtown
. This is hard. You could look at the coaching I gave to KT in this thread; I think that's one of the easier ways for a newer player to obvtown themselves. Act like a kid in a candy store running around and poking at everything and trying to get other people to react to you. Don't be afraid to be wrong about stuff. Being accurate will come with time and experience. In the meantime, a playstyle where you look like you're actively scumhunting even if you're not being very good at it is a good way to get town to leave you alone and not lynch you, which is good because removing yourself from the mislynch pool makes scum's job harder, and may mean scum have to nightkill you if you can't be mislynched.

2) You can be a good
scumhunter
with accurate reads and drive lynches on the scumteam. This is really fucking hard and it's not going to happen every game to even the best players. And once it does start happening to you people will call you scum when you make a mistake and that sucks too. Some games you will luck into this method of attracting the nightkill and some games you won't. I had really great reads in the game I was an arsonist and really terrible reads in the game i was a mason. So it goes. The more games you play, the more experience you get, the more you'll be able to say "hey i was in this situation before that somebody did this and they were scum" and then it gets better.

3) You can
look like a PR
trying to hang back. This is hard because people might just decide you're scum and lynch you instead. But it's easier than looking obvtown. Maybe try breadcrumbing but that can really backfire if you breadcrumb somebody else's role and they counterclaim you it will look bad so I don't know.

But regardless, as scum, we know who the obvtown is. They're the player that nobody has voted outside of RVS because everyone in the town is townreading them. We ISO the mod and glance at the vote counts and we know who isn't getting mislynched. We know who the good scumhunters are. Those are the players that are trying to drive wagons on us and our buddies. The players who on day 1 are calling the scumteam correctly while we all leap in to discredit them and get them lynched because nobody listens to the words of lynched players.

What we do not know is who the PRs are. We know there are probably about 3-4 PRs in this setup. Now we know that you're not one of them. Claiming VT prematurely helps our process of elimination. That's why you shouldn't do it.

Good luck in your future games,
~your IC

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #50) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:45 am

Post by BeardedCat »

while i'm at it:

Obvtown
- people who haven't been voted outside of RVS (not counting votes by us):

• Call of the Wild (Titus/SilverWolf)
  • Bellaphant
  • Sir Bastion
  • Rory (Radja)

Good scumhunters
- (in order of how big a threat they are)
  • Call of the Wild
  • Spiffeh
  • maybe Sir Bastion
  • maaybe gummybear
  • maybe Tony once he gets his head into the game.

PRs

• Call of the Wild maybe.
  • TonyMontana maybe.

VTs

• Scorpious

People I want to nightkill:

• Call of the Wild

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #51) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Thank you :) I feel kind of bad about it because they're my friends and they're being wrong about me but my frustration about the playstyle attacks stuff
was
genuine and I'd be just as frustrated if not more so if I were town. Oh well, that's how this game works. I wish we'd been on the same team this game.

Aristo is fine lynch but Tony is better I think. I don't really care who we lynch so long as it's not one of us but I really don't want to lynch CotW because I like Titus too much to do that to her and I'd like to save the easier lynches for later. We'll compromise onto scorpious but why lynch him day 1 when we could lynch him day 2 or day 3 or day 4 or day 5.

Deadline is in 24 hours so we'll be deadline scrambling today. I'll post something today at some point.

Anyway I was worried this Thor policy might be a "why haven't you been nightkilled yet" policy and I'm right, this is Sir Bastion talking about Thor in a game a few years ago:

Subject: Mini 1517 - Game Over - The Sun Sets on Duskville

Sir Bastion wrote:Thor landing the exact same role two games in a row and a row that before the last game I rarely ever saw pretty much killed me this game. I have a method in my head for dealing with him which is lynch him on day 2 if he is still alive and there were no obvious power roles in play (in the case of this game we had the weak doctor claim so *woulda coulda* lynched him day 3).

So we still night kill CotW and then the reason we're still alive on day 2 is that the hydra that had less suspicion on them during day 1 was killed and then we all get through day 2 and decide whether Sir Bastion is going to have enough clout to follow through or not and factor that into the night 2 kill decision.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #52) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:49 am

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 78, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I like the ideas guys.

I'll try to post something in our game today but I think we should all escape the D1 lynch which is a good start.

We kill CotW for sure and we can just claim WIFOM/frame job or whatever, I don't think it puts us in too much trouble. Sorry I haven't been very active in this thread, or in the game overall actually, just super busy lately.

quoting BBT's hydraslip.

In post 1110, Sir Bastion wrote:The trio of misfortune, you know where I stand with Scorp as for creeper and Dwlee there is something going on and I'm terrified that it's something important and because they are essentially kids they are mishandling it completely and town may suffer for it.

wonder if Bastion thinks Dwlee and KT are masons together. we know they aren't. so it's ok.

will try to words in public later today. I'm not as switched on as I'd like to be today but lunch helped and I'm okay and I know deadline is in (expired on 2015-11-02 08:00:00), so will try.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #53) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:43 am

Post by BeardedCat »

it would be great if all 3 of us were on the wagon because they never expect all 3 scum on the wagon.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #54) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:44 am

Post by BeardedCat »

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #55) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:51 am

Post by BeardedCat »

and language issues are real and if they scumread me for it i will vote them tomorrow. i never post in public as scum when i'm feeling like this because nobody townreads me for it. but deadline and lurking looks bad even though it's not alignment indicative. not commenting on scorpious lynch looks bad after how i interacted with scorpious earlier. can't be seen to lurk out his lynch.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #56) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

(expired on 2015-11-03 22:00:00) until night end.

Placeholder (just so we don't nokill by accident). we should decide together who does the kills, whether errant wants to use one her shots tonight or not and who she wants to use it on. Do you have any thoughts on that?

KTthecreeper kills Call of the Wild

-P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #57) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:31 am

Post by BeardedCat »

It says specifically nights 1 and nights 2 or it says you have two shots?

Questions to the mod should be bolded to make sure he sees them. (I'm guessing the answer is yes, or they'll find out pretty quickly once they try to vote somebody).

I'm not sure how to play this to be honest, should you silence us to confirm us as town or should you silence someone almost at random.

@Nexus: when you say to PM you any and all night actions, does that include the mafia kill and errant's silencing, or can we submit our night actions in here?

If you don't use it on us, it might be tempting to use it on someone like Dwlee99 or Rory because if they get confirmed as town (or if people think being silenced confirms them as town) then it's not as big of a deal.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #58) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:17 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I think silencing us creates a good load of WIFOM. Should Errant ever become lynched, we would be considered as town I think.

Plus, with CotW being killed we're likely to get a lot of suspicion. What better way to mislynch us than when we can't defend ourselves with a vote?

I think silencing us is a great idea.

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #59) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:50 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I agree! Sounds fun. :D

ErrantParabola silences BeardedCat
KTthecreeper kills Call of the Wild

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:10 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Thanks Nexus. we'll PM in the future then.

that's not what i thought the role did but I think this is even better wifom. I'm still on board with the silence beardedcat plan. it's going to be fun :D

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:18 am

Post by BeardedCat »

thanks for clarifying!

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:44 am

Post by BeardedCat »

yes please. that's what we originally thought it was.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #63) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:58 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I really want to be severely post restricted (like the other version of silencer, the one that isn't in this game) someday. I think I would have a lot of fun with it.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #64) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

EXCITE.

In History Mafia I, the mafia was female and the town was male, but the mafia had male safeclaims. There was a 2-shot gender cop in that game.

In this game, we have 2 females and 1 male, and our safe claims are 2 females and 1 male, so I thought gender wasn't anything alignment indicative, but CotW was a gender cop so now i'm paranoid again. I PMed Nexus to ask him if our safeclaims are safe to claim. I don't expect him to say anything but yes to that question but I'd still like to wait for a couple other people to gender claim before going. (and since someone's already asked us, i'm lurking)

Nexus' reply is very carefully worded (he said we could claim any of the claims we'd been given, not that we should or that it was safe to) but I'm going to try to just trust that safeclaims are safe.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #65) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

i'm really hoping this gender stuff is a red herring.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #66) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Here's what the setup was like last time: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p4298672

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #67) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:41 am

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 1162, BeardedCat wrote:Titus' boobs obsession makes more sense because she flipped gender cop but it feels like a red herring because nothing in my role pm suggests that I could be a miller.
i'm being cheeky.

But the point of doing that is that if it's not safe to claim our true genders in this setup where our fakeclaims are female-female-male then that's neither my fault nor my problem. and it's ballsy to be one of the first to flavour claim it's saying "hey i'm so town that i don't care that you're speculating that the scum are female and i'm not at all worried that everyone will claim and i'll be in a group of 2-3 women".

Anyway sorry guys i will probably post while on v/la but i'm not feeling well. might be able to post tomorrow, will probably be able to post friday, saturday i have offline stuff to deal with, sunday i might be back early and will probably post, monday i'll be back for sure.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #68) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:10 am

Post by BeardedCat »

todo list for after lunch: gummy, rory/starbuck, sir bastion, spiffeh (long iso but i really owe this to him), tony (skipping sonic who was spammy and just saying that i scumread him and so tony's not starting from 0 but from like -10)

deliberately skipping kt the way i skipped dwlee because I like the way those two are irrevocably tied together in everybody's minds and also because 116 posts.

I might end up leaning towards bastion today if I have the energy for it. spiffeh might also be a good lynch because he's a good scumhunter but he's new enough that he's not that hard a target. i don't want to lynch bella today and i don't really want to nightkill her either.

we'll see. I made a towncase for you, errant, but you really do need to be doing more. please scumhunt a bit more vigorously.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #69) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:14 am

Post by BeardedCat »

hi pignash! I see you're a bit new to mafia, have you been scum yet in any of your completed games? do you need help?

if this is your first time, what I need you to do is scumhunt. don't be self conscious, just act like a kid in a candy store, opening all the jars and trying all the sweets. pick something that you decide is a scumtell and act suspicious of people who do it (it doesn't matter if it's a real scumtell or not, you're new). ask people questions.

don't bus us please. if we ask you a question in public, answer it calmly, if you want to ask us about something in public, you can do that too, but don't try to lynch us.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #70) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:25 am

Post by BeardedCat »

hi pig! you don't have to quote stuff if you don't want though it does make it easier to follow your train of thought if you do.

one thing you could do is read the thread in order and then every five pages just say a few things about a few different slots that caught your eye. you can bullshit it some but don't make it complete bullshit because can follow up with "what specifically did you like about x's posting on page 4" and then you'll have to answer.

One low effort but still pretty good catchup that I saw somebody do and that I liked was done by goodmorning in dating game.

First she looked at the mod's ISO to learn who got lynched on day 1 (in our game this was scorpious) and who was nightkilled (in our game, that was Call of the Wild). Then, keeping that in mind, she read the thread trying to understand how those two things happen.

Every five pages, she stopped and made a readslist to show how her reads developped over those pages. She wrote down what she was confused about and stuff.

I'm in a hydra, which means that this account is shared by two people with very different personalities, I'm Plotinus, and my other head, bbt (bluebloodedtoffee) has a new hatred for readslists that I don't understand at all. He didn't used to hate them! And I'm firmly in the "they help town more than scum" camp.

if you want to avoid bbt you might instead of doing readslists just say who you think is scummiest on the 5 pages that you've read, top two scumreads, maybe top two townreads as well. don't bother with null reads.

ideally you should be looking for people that you can feel comfortable townreading that you ultimately want to work together with, and also you should be looking for people that you want to help lynch. today's lynch is probably going to be aristophanes or spiffeh (hopefully spiffeh actually) so maybe work towards scumreading one of them.

You do need to start doing something visibly. we don't want to have to bus you and we might not have to do it today, but we might have to in the future. if we do have to, we'll make sure your sacrifice counts for something. the more you can do to look town and actively scumhunt, the longer we can get away with not bussing :]

we have been townreading your slot, but not everybody is, and we can't be super friendly in public but we'll always be friendly in private.

When you do your catchup, always keep in mind that you replaced
KTthecreeper
, you know that he is a
town
aligned
townsperson
who can win with the
town
, that you are not scumhunting him, that everything he did was done with
pure
and
town
aligned motives and that you too are one of the
good guys
. Don't comment on him too much, you know that he was
town
so you don't need to worry about him. Other people's attacks on your slot may be "understandable" but ultimately they are misguided attacks on low hanging fruit, and some of them are opportunistic
scum
! ;)

Good luck! And use daytalk as much as you need to, that's what it's here for.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

that was pretty great! you should vote sir bastion and try to convince other people to do that.

you did slip a tiny bit in saying that we were "vote silenced" since only errant should know that her role is called that, but we can't do anything about that now; don't call attention to it or correct yourself, just ignore it and pretend it didn't happen and hopefully by the time errant is lynched (not happening toDay, probably not happening toMorrow either), maybe people will have forgotten it. don't worry about it too much, just warning you.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #72) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

it's okay, most people aren't very observant. it stood out to me because i know that errant's role is called silencer but it's not going to stand out to anybody else. so don't worry.

i missed that you were already voting him, sorry. you're doing fine, glad to have you on the team.

have you played mafia offsite before?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #73) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

i'm rubbish at face to face. giggling is alignment indicative for me.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #74) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:26 am

Post by BeardedCat »

deadline is approaching, so it's a good time to be pushing wagons hard. scan the last few pages for people who aren't voting sir bastion but haven't said they're townreading him / have said they'd compromise on him and ask them what they think of your case.

i'm working on a spiffeh case and i'll be pushing that soon, but you should keep pushing bastion; it's always nice when the leading couple wagons are on town. :]

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #75) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:43 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

i'll probably join you pushing bastion actually. as scum i mostly just say what my townself thinks and my townself is really confused about spiffeh and neither wants to push that wagon nor resist it.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #76) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:45 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

errrrrrrrrant please start doing stuff

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #77) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:15 am

Post by BeardedCat »

She is! I've seen her around a tiny bit; spectated a game she played. We might have to nightkill her; we'll see. :]

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #78) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:18 am

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 120, Plotinus wrote:it depends on what her reads look like towards the end of her catchup.

sometimes people do NKA (night kill analysis) sometimes they don't. we can also spin it pretty much anyway we want, that she was townposting and scumhunting well and that it looked like she wasn't going to get mislynched ever. If she ends up being a power role (i don't know that she is, kind of doubt it) then we can make something about that. If she dies townreading us, then that's great.

But we'll see, and we'll have plenty of time to discuss it in the nightphase. Do you see anyone that you think would be a better kill?

sorry for hydraslipping, Nexus <3

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #79) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:30 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Someone like Spiffeh if we lynch Bastion instead?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #80) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:31 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Nah, you just need to be doing more. It's understandable if you've been busy offline though, just be sure to post about that in thread so people know.

Spiffeh isn't much of a threat, no. It would be better to kill people we won't easily lynch, I think.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #81) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

<3

Someone needs to do intent to hammer. Any lynch is better than a no lynch.

I almost did it myself but then remembered I couldn't vote. lol.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #82) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

or actually it would be really funny if day 2 was an all town wagon.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #83) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

because day 1 was all scum wagon :D

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #84) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

ah never mind errant is already voting. that's fine.

current wagons:

Aristophanes (4) - Errantparabola, TonyMontana, Bellaphant, Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion (1) - pignash
Spiffeh (1) - gummmybear,
Bellaphant (1) - Spiffeh,

Not voting (4) - Aristophanes, Starbuck, BeardedCat, Dwlee99

6 to lynch, deadline (expired on 2015-11-13 22:00:00)

ugh. it's not even intent to hammer time because Ari is at L-2. Bastion is a better lynch than Ari if we can swing it but it's good to be able to compromise back onto ari.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #85) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

ari: 3
bastion: 2
spiffeh: 1
bella: 1

choo choo bastion i think. bastion is 100% a better lynch than ari.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #86) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:31 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Some nice, historical, deadline scrambling music for us!

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #87) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:52 am

Post by BeardedCat »

this is pretty good.

current wagons:

Sir Bastion (L-3) - pignash, gummmybear, Errantparabola,
Aristophanes (L-5) - Sir Bastion,
Bellaphant (L-5) - Spiffeh,
Spiffeh (L-5) - TonyMontana,

Not voting (5) - Aristophanes, Starbuck, BeardedCat, Dwlee99, Bellaphant,

6 to lynch, deadline (expired on 2015-11-13 22:00:00)

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #88) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:58 am

Post by BeardedCat »

yeah, not L-1. town miscounted a few times and then they kept doing it. but i counted twice.

We gender claimed (female) earlier in the day phase and dwlee has claimed female, too. ari claimed male, bastion claimed female. ignore the gender stuff, i think.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #89) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:23 am

Post by BeardedCat »

spiffeh might be a doctor but he's protecting us tonight so let's not kill him. :)

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #90) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:57 am

Post by BeardedCat »

none whatsoever because inpending deadline. Do "intent to hammer" though, then wait a little while (as long as you can want to / have time to, but if somebody tells you to "just hammer" then do it)

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #91) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:04 am

Post by BeardedCat »

yeah you don't need to ask for the claim. no need to explain because you've already said you're willing to avoid the no lynch in 1310 and in 1250 you said that Ari could be scum but you don't have that strong of a read, so you're positioned okay.

Just do this:

intent to hammer

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #92) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:15 am

Post by BeardedCat »

The Living
PlayerFlavourRole
BeardedCat (BBT/Plot)Mary Tudor (fakeclaim: Queen Matilda)VT?
TonyMontana (replaced sonic)??
Bellaphant??
ErrantparabolaKing John I (fakeclaim: King James I)vote thief but don't claim that
AristophanesWoodrow WilsonVT
gummmybear??
Sir BastionHarriet TubmanVT
Spiffeh (replaced aeronaut)?probably a doctor, hopefully not a weak doctor ;)
Starbuck (replaced rory)??
pignash (replaced kt)Guy Fawkes (fakeclaim: Robin Hood)VT?
Dwlee99female?
The Dead
PlayerFlavourRole
ScorpiousWat TylerVT
CotW (titus/sw)Eliot NessGender cop

I'll be updating this periodically.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #93) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:27 am

Post by BeardedCat »

forgot something important :D

The Living
PlayerFlavourRoleLynchable?
No
:good:
yeah
Bellaphant??
yeah but i don't wanna
ErrantparabolaKing John I (fakeclaim: King James I)vote thief but don't claim that
yes, but with more activity they can avoid it
gummmybear??
perhaps
definitely
no
no
maybe. already less lynchable than KT was. keep doing what you're doing.
Dwlee99female?
only after pignash dies
The Dead
PlayerFlavourRoleCause of death
ScorpiousWat TylerVTlynched day 1
CotW (titus/sw)Eliot NessGender copkilled night 1
AristophanesWoodrow WilsonVTlynched day 2

@pignash: you can hammer now, the townie told you too :)

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #94) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:07 am

Post by BeardedCat »

it's okay; life happens. we weren't exactly parragons of activity this day phase either.

are you having a nice vacation?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #95) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:13 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I want this on the new page

The Living
PlayerFlavourRoleLynchable?
No
yeah
Bellaphant??
yeah but i don't wanna
gummmybear??
perhaps
definitely
no
no
Dwlee99female?
only after pignash dies
The Dead
PlayerFlavourRoleCause of death
ScorpiousWat TylerVTlynched day 1
AristophanesWoodrow WilsonVTlynched day 2

good luck in the debate competition, errant!

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #96) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:31 am

Post by BeardedCat »

yeah, I think we should give starbuck another day to catchup, show that we're not afraid of her. Spiffeh has said he's protecting /us/ tonight. also if we pretend that none of us understood that "beardedcat isn't dying tonight" means that he's crumbing doc, it means that none of the more experienced players are scum, but that doesn't do much to clear the two of you I guess. Killing spiffeh after he could have got lynched today does imply that one of the more experienced players are scum I think.

I've PMed BBT so maybe he'll turn up and help us out. What do you guys think of gummmy? it's kind of a non obvious kill that i'm not sure what it would do to the gamestate. i'll think about this some more tomorrow. or maybe bella since i don't like mislynching my friends lol. but a bella kill would be weird. maybe we'll kill bella in a few nights, leave her around for now.

ugh i don't even know, i always overthink things. i'll think about it some more tomorrow though i promise.

errant do you know who you want to target tonight? maybe someone like dwlee? maybe starbuck if we don't kill them? maybe go through the vote counts and find someone who's always been voting town and never been voting scum?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #97) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:32 am

Post by BeardedCat »

ooh i have an idea. i'm going to add some more columns to my table.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #98) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:03 am

Post by BeardedCat »

The Living
PlayerFlavourRoleLynchable?TownreadingScumreading
No
dwlee,
pignash
, starbuck, spiffeh,
errant
bastion, tony
yeah
gummmy,
beardedcat
Spiffeh, Bastion,
pignash
errant
, maybe starbuck, bella
Bellaphant??
yeah but i don't wanna
bastion,
beardedcat
(cautiously), gummy, dwlee (sort of)
spiffeh, tony,
pignash
(compromise)
spiffehbastion, ari
gummmybear??
perhaps
pignash
i think, everyone else i guess
spiffeh, dwlee, starbuck,
errant
, maybe
beardedcat
definitely
pignash
i think,
beardedcat
i guess, gummy,
starbuck, tony
no
beardedcat
, everyone else i guess
starbuck(? was townreading them earlier), bellaphant, tony, bastion (compromise)
no
beardedcat
, tony, dwlee
bastion,
pignash, errant
, gummmy
everyone else i guessbastion, spiffeh, tony
Dwlee99female?
only after pignash dies
pignash
, spiffeh, bella (nulltown, though)
bastion, starbuck, tony
The Dead
PlayerFlavourRoleCause of deathDied townreadingDied scumreading
ScorpiousWat TylerVTlynched day 1everyone else i thinkbastion,
pignash
, dwlee, tony
beardedcat
, everyone else I guess
spiffeh, tony, bella somewhat
AristophanesWoodrow WilsonVTlynched day 2dwlee,
pignash
beardedcat
, gummy
spiffeh,

i halfarsed this, just went through their posts of the last day phase and skimmed, but it's good enough.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #99) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:04 am

Post by BeardedCat »

but i'll figure out what that
means
tomorrow. it's bedtime soonish.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #100) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

so what if we kill dwlee, who is townread enough, only gummmy is explicitly scumreading him, and who is scumreading bastion, starbuck, and tony, and who isn't really lynchable yet, and who was one of pignash's predecessors largest supporters. having him flip town could make people trust his townread on kt more, could cast doubt onto bastion, starbuck, and tony, 3 people that we'd like to lynch, and shows that we're not afraid of starbuck's catchup and that we didn't pick up on spiffeh's doctor crumbs (we'll kill spiffeh tomorrow night probably).

If spiffeh is a weak doctor, we instead spin it that the scumteam did pick up on the obvious doctor crumbs and shot him directly. :)

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #101) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:14 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Errant, what do you think of silencing spiffeh since he's probably not lynchable if he's really a doctor? (just occurred to me that he could be a jailkeeper too)

Placeholder (anything errant submits overrides her silencing action, and anyway i think nexus wants these PMed instead of posted here):
If errant can silence and kill in the same night then errant silences spiffeh and kills dwlee
If errant cannot silent and kill in the same night, then errant silences spiffeh and pignash kills dwlee

not final; we have another (expired on 2015-11-15 20:00:00) to make up our minds.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #102) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Thanks for clarifying, Nexus.

Placeholders:
Errant silences spiffeh
Pignash kills dwlee

I have PMed BBT and told him to come help us make a decision about the night kill, and he has picked up the PM but not replied to it, and I would also like to hear from the two of you about these ideas. I have a history of messing up the night kill by overthinking things; just because I'm having an opinion about what we should do doesn't mean that I'm right and I think we have a better chance of getting it right if we all put our heads together.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #103) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

This is a song from 1912, about the bread and roses strike, a textile strike in Lawrence Massachussettes.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #104) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:19 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Sorry Plot, I'm here now.

Finally got some time so I'm going to reread our game properly and get some thoughts down in here. I can't believe I missed a whole DP.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #105) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:20 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I think gummy seems to be our best kill from what I remember reading as well.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #106) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:26 am

Post by BeardedCat »

hey BBT welcome back. The day phase was pretty short; most people were fairly inactive. definitely looking forward to your thoughts (and starbuck had some questions for you that i wasn't sure how to answer myself).

I made a chart of the game state in .

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #107) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:35 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Pignash kills gummybear.

This looks like the best choice. What are thoughts on silencing Star (he looks like he is going to push Pig tomorrow).

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #108) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:42 am

Post by BeardedCat »

both those ideas sound good to me.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #109) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:09 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Errant silences Star.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #110) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:43 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I'll PM him then.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #111) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:46 am

Post by BeardedCat »

sent Nexus this via PM:

pignash is killing gummmybear and errant is silencing star

(errant can veto this if they want to; it's their action after all.)

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #112) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

you can resume your push on bastion but you should also look around outside your tunnel a bit too.

i'll go back and look for mason crumbs when i'm more awake; it's 6am and i've just woken up.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #113) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Tony is the other mason. I'm like 99% sure.

he's the only slot that gummmybear is consistently townreading throughout the whole game, resisting his wagon, defending him. and i like metal sonic even said something about masons early on.

also, read the interactions on page 14 especially: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=325

It was written in a joking way, and it was intended to be understood as a joke, and it's not beyond sonic to joke around like that even if he's not a mason, which is why it was safe for him to do that; he knew his friends would know he was probably just joking around and playing and talkinga bout the concept of "hard townreading somebody and pretending to be masons with them in the public thread", but in light of gummmy's flip i'm really really sure about this.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #114) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

[quote="In post 154, BeardedCat"]
The Living
No
dwlee,
pignash
, starbuck, spiffeh,
errant
bastion, tony
TonyMontana (replaced sonic)Remus?mason with gummmybear?
not really
gummmy,
beardedcat
Spiffeh, Bastion,
pignash
errant
, maybe starbuck, bella
Bellaphant??
yeah but i don't wanna
bastion,
beardedcat
spiffeh, tony,
pignash
(compromise)
spiffehbastion, ari
definitely
pignash
i think,
beardedcat
i guess, gummy,
starbuck, tony
Spiffeh (replaced aeronaut)?probably a doctor or jailkeeper
BBT thinks so
beardedcat
, everyone else i guess
starbuck(? was townreading them earlier), bellaphant, tony, bastion (compromise)
no
beardedcat
, tony, dwlee
bastion,
pignash, errant
, gummmy
everyone else i guessbastion, spiffeh, tony
Dwlee99female?
only after pignash dies
pignash
, spiffeh, bella (nulltown, though)
bastion, starbuck, tony
The Dead
pignash
, dwlee, tony
beardedcat
, everyone else I guess
pignash
beardedcat
, gummy
spiffeh,
gummmybearRomulusmasonkilled night 2
pignash
errant
, maybe
beardedcat

revised for new page! being a mason is really hard. I was a mason in my last completed town game and it does strange things to your head. I can totally see Tony's behaviour this game as coming from a mason. (the lurking and disinterest especially; something about being conftownable make it harder to muster the effort to make yourself look town the old fashioned way.) I'd like to say something similar about the excessive fluff from sonic but a lot of that was just sonic i think.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #115) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

i really hate voting people that i know are PRs as scum. ugh.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #116) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

I hate doing it as town, too. lol.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #117) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:18 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

why are people sheeping me, i'm scum! :evil:

you two feel free to do what you want. either sheep us on spiffeh or push bastion or find your own scumreads and push them. if we have several wagons going that are counterwagons to each other and all of them are on town, then that's great. Starbuck may end up pushing pignash today, so don't panic if that happens, just scumhunt calmly but vigorously.

we make take some flak when spiffeh claims doc-or-jailkeeper; feel free to join in but don't be over the top about it. I feel like scum tend to be a bit more gleeful when they're doing scum theatre with each other. and you don't actually want to lynch us but an aborted bus will look worse.

you should both pretend not to know that tony is the other mason.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #118) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:04 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Bella's character is probably male or she wouldn't be asking whether all the flipped players were female.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #119) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:04 am

Post by BeardedCat »

*whether all the flipped players were male.

typing is hard :P

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #120) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:12 am

Post by BeardedCat »

2 goons and 1 vote thief vs 2 masons, 1 gender cop, 1 probably jailkeeper now that i think about it, 6 VTs is probably the setup. starbuck and bella are probably vt.

the gender cop is such a red herring though that there might be some other pr.

i'm just glad spiffeh wasn't a weak doctor. i was so paranoid there.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #121) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:48 am

Post by BeardedCat »

i think spiffeh actually is a VT now. lol.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #122) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:55 am

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 1383, Starbuck wrote:
And here's BC's reaction in #747....

In post 747, BeardedCat wrote:You know who else are good at being scum? Metal Sonic, Call of the Wild, and Bellaphant. Possibly some other people too but I don't have experience with them to say either way.

I want to note this because (1) deflection and (2) Call of the Wild is now a flipped townie. Would scumBC include a buddy on that list?

most people would but i use that scum tell myself so I mix it up and sometimes i would and sometimes i wouldn't! but you should definitely lynch off that list if we get lynched. which we won't :good:

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #123) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:21 am

Post by BeardedCat »

no please don't do that. the other mason is tony but you shouldn't ask him to claim. town wants tony to keep his identity a secret so that he can surprise the scumteam in lylo where he reveals all the ways that gummmy crumbed that he was the mason buddy.

if you ask the mason to claim i will lynch you. :]

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #124) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:40 am

Post by BeardedCat »

i'm glad you asked! it's what i'm here for :)

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #125) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:02 am

Post by BeardedCat »

ffs.

bye pignash we'll miss you. :(

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #126) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:04 am

Post by BeardedCat »

he was playing well, too. losing him hurts.

we were talking privately about how we're probably going to need to bus somebody because otherwise there's the "what have the experienced players done for town lately?" problem. but now we really can't afford to. it's just the two of us left and we have to try to keep it together as a team as much as we can.

and we've lost bella, too, who was our friend and was also useful. :(

we can still win from here though.

i'm slightly overextended but some things should be wrapping up soon for me and then i'll have more attention to devote to this game. already some things that were taking up my time are clearing up: the game i was modding finished today and someone nommed it for a scummie. :]

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #127) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:07 am

Post by BeardedCat »

you're doing okay, you're positioned better than pignash was (which was more about his predecessor than anything).

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #128) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Thank you! It was for the micro game I modded, Slavic Music mafia. I had a rule that the players could vote people into a neighbourhood if they wanted one or if they were clogging up the thread. The players could then talk in private for the rest of the game, but for the first few days they couldn't talk to or about each other in public.

I thought people would just use it to get a neighbourhood with their friends that they already knew, or to force 20 page arguments like KT vs dwlee or sonic vs titus vs me out of the thread because nobody wants to read them and into somewhere private where they can talk to their hearts content and then summarise it for the rest of us later. I think just about every game I've ever been played would be improved by something like this.

So I didn't put any limits on it.

And my players decided they wanted me to make them as many neighbourhoods as possible and we ended up with 22 neighbourhoods in a 9 player game, which was an incredible amount of work because my game had a total of 25 threads that I had to keep track of, but it was also really fun to watch them. They set up this entire whisper network and were playing the game from the shadows.

The scumteam got a neighbourhood with each other on page 5 so that they could stop having to worry about associative tells or about slipping that they had private chat already.

It was fun modding it. I'm going to fix the parts of that mechanic that were broken, and put it in all my future games that I mod. The latest version of the mechanic is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 02383#room

When people ask me why I haven't been nightkilled yet, I have a few answers. it'll probably be best if i address the suspicion so that if we do end up going down, you won't get in trouble for defending me:

I've only been nightkilled once as town (in battlestar galactica, which nexus modded)

People have been telegraphing since day 1 that they'd be suspicious of me if they lived: sir bastion primarily. scum would be stupid to kill us when they could get us paranoia lynched later on. especially since there's been enough heat on our slot.

being wrong about KT also makes us more mislynchable.

and yeah there's always the "maybe I am wrong about my reads! I have been on all the town lynches, after all. do you want to hear the story about that game where I was a mason, and i claimed mason on day 2, and i was still alive on day 6 in 3p lylo because the scumteam were sure I'd just continue being wrong about everything?" :]

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #129) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

BeardedCat kills TonyMontana

The obvious kill is a good kill because it doesn't point to anybody in particular, neither pointing to us or away from us.

I'm not sure which of Starbuck/Bastion will be easiest to lynch. I will probably be going after dwlee actually, maybe suspecting dwlee/bastion as the final scum but you should push whoever you're scumread.

One important thing to note is that tomorrow is LYLO so if a townie votes a townie we can quickhammer and win. Since we have daytalk, we can arrange that in private. Please try to check the thread a few times a day; if a quickhammer is possible I'll post about it in here, then you post in here to see if i or BBT is around and if we reply then we can quickhammer.

If it's someone that i've been pushing that you're townreading, I should vote first and then you hammer. If it's someone that i'm townreading but you're pushing, then you should vote first and I hammer. If we're both scumreading the person, it doesn't matter.

In the quickhammer, the first person of us to vote should have some sort of reasoning about how they think it's the right choice or they're convinced and they're sorry if they're wrong. The second of us to vote should be refreshing the page like mad being ready to submit the vote as soon as they can.

There might not be a quickhammer opportunity; one or both of us may need to vote before a townie does but I have a reputation for going really slowly in LYLO and thinking all the things through and it usually does take me up until the deadline to vote so I can get away with stalling. BBT on the other hand likes to get things over with so if he turns up then he'll probably vote sooner.

If we do it that way then the other person can hammer as soon as a townie votes after us.

we'll see how it goes.

I just got out of MYLO elsewhere (I was scum in a really difficult position and I won) and I have a couple others that are finishing up soon and need my attention but I will try to be as present and active as I can for this LYLO.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #130) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

The Living
No
starbuck,
errant
bastion, dwlee
No :good:
dwlee?starbuck? bastion?
probably
beardedcat
i guess, errant
dwlee, starbuck
not easily
beardedcat
bastion,
errant
, dwlee
Dwlee99female?
yes
bc
, starbuck
bastion, starbuck
The Dead
pignash
, dwlee, tony
beardedcat
, everyone else I guess
pignash
beardedcat
, gummy
spiffeh,
pignash
errant
, maybe
beardedcat
BellaphantKing Charles IIVTmodkilled day 3 :(bastion,
beardedcat
spiffeh, tony,
pignash
(compromise)
pignash (replaced kt)Guy Fawkes (fakeclaim: Robin Hood)mafia goonmodkilled day 3. :(everyone else i guessbastion, spiffeh, tony
Spiffeh (replaced aeronaut)Harold GodwinsonVTlynched day 3bastion, dwlee,
errant parabola
starbuck,
bearded cat
TonyMontana (replaced sonic)Remusmasonkilled night 3gummmy,
beardedcat
Spiffeh, Bastion,
pignash
errant
, maybe starbuck, bella

Okay i've done some ISOing and updated this thing and town is pretty much a mess here. you're under almost no suspicion at all and you're in the best position to win by yourself even if we're lynched because we haven't tied ourselves to you at all, we interacted with you completely differently from how we interacted with KT, etc. dwlee has no idea who scum is and will probably suspect another townie. starbuck has been townreading us and tony's flip isn't going to make her paranoid because bringing a mason into lylo is dumb. if she does get paranoid, it won't be because of that at least. she's suspicious of basically everyone but me right now and that's okay. bastion has been playing his cards closer to his chest and he might paranoia vote us anyway but I can deal with that.

Basically I think there's a really good chance that town votes town and then we win.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #131) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

bah forgot to update the colours. well a pagetop is coming soon, i'll grab it.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #132) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:03 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

BeardedCat kills TonyMontana

The Living
No
starbuck,
errant
bastion, dwlee
No :good:
dwlee?starbuck? bastion?
probably
beardedcat
i guess, errant
dwlee, starbuck
not easily
beardedcat
bastion,
errant
, dwlee
Dwlee99female?
yes
bc
, starbuck
bastion, starbuck
The Dead
pignash
, dwlee, tony
beardedcat
, everyone else I guess
pignash
beardedcat
, gummy
spiffeh,
pignash
errant
, maybe
beardedcat
BellaphantKing Charles IIVTmodkilled day 3 :(bastion,
beardedcat
spiffeh, tony,
pignash
(compromise)
pignash (replaced kt)Guy Fawkes (fakeclaim: Robin Hood)mafia goonmodkilled day 3. :(everyone else i guessbastion, spiffeh, tony
Spiffeh (replaced aeronaut)Harold GodwinsonVTlynched day 3bastion, dwlee,
errant parabola
starbuck,
bearded cat
TonyMontana (replaced sonic)Remusmasonkilled night 3gummmy,
beardedcat
Spiffeh, Bastion,
pignash
errant
, maybe starbuck, bella

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #133) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Here's a Leonard Cohen song about the French resistance in World War II.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #134) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Errant, what kind of music do you like?

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #135) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Get well soon, Nexus! <3

@Errant: I like a lot of everything; less from some genres than others. I have synaesthesia so for me the simplest way to describe my tastes is "I love dark purple, dark blue, dark green, icicle blue, dark red, magenta and I hate yellow and orange and other bright colours" but that doesn't make much sense outside my head. I am more likely to like a music that has a melody and doesn't have overly electronic or machiney noises. If it sounds like the screech of that type of saw they use for cutting metal then i'm not going to enjoy it. Bonus points for pretty lyrics. If it's overly repetitive I'll get bored.

The reason I ask though is that there's an 80's rock song that I tend to post when I win a scumgame and I have about 30 different versions of it saved up for future scum games in all kinds of genres. If BBT is around during this LYLO then I'll defer to his preferences (I left him 3 choices in our PT based on what I know about his music preferences). But if BBT doesn't show up before we win then I could pick something you'd like!

the choices are: kazoos, rock, trumpet, cello, piano, symphony, techno, chipmunks, gothic/black metal, a capella, some french guy singing with a ukulele, electric violin, rap, choir, reggae, country western, dubstep, and xylophone.

You might actually like something closest to the original probably?

my favourites are the kazoo ones because they're hilarious.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #136) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:57 am

Post by BeardedCat »

you should claim VT in the massclaim. we will too.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #137) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:57 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

i'm sorry. :(

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #138) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:40 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I'm usually more active in LYLO. as both alignments. I've just got a lot on my plate offline right now. had some health stuff over the weekend and my elderly cat is unwell. but i'm ok and i will try to ramp up my activity over the next few days.

we hopefully should be able to lynch town but if we can't, you're positioned really well to win this solo.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #139) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:50 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Code: Select all

[youtube]X2Btg7lFlig[/youtube]

Kazoos :] in case we're lynched today and you win solo.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #140) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:02 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I will try really really hard to stay alive then. I am usually the last surviving member of my faction (and then i'm lynched or i'm not) and I can put on a good show usually. This is the LYLO I just got out of: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7398794.

I agree we should interact more in game. I'll go through combined ISOs, perhaps in order of who has the least amount of posts because less effort and i'll ask you stuff if i can think of a thing to ask.

dwlee sounds good right now because I think everyone is townreading him? I might push him a little anyway. definitely not bastion.

kill should be dwlee or starbuck, just not sure which yet.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #141) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:03 am

Post by BeardedCat »

the gambler's fallacy thing was kinda funny. only 2 out of my 9 most recently completed games were town games. So this game makes 2 in 10. It's pretty ridiculous!

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #142) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

hi! I just made a towncase for you! Thanks for not doing any of the scummy things that I usually look for in LYLO when I'm town and trying to figure out who among the living are scum together with the dead scum!

It's long because everything I write is long but I bolded a couple questions for you and you should answer them. I'm going to look at Bastion's ISO next because he has the next fewest posts (78). after that Rory/Starbuck (91 total), and then dwlee if I have to (253 posts ugh).

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #143) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:40 am

Post by BeardedCat »

ERRANT ERRANT ERRANT

it is HAMMER TIME! <3

If you get online before (expired on 2015-12-02 22:00:00), post in here and wait for me to reply in here and once we're sure that we're both online we hammer hammer hammer. :D

<3

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #144) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:53 am

Post by BeardedCat »

yay so am I!

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #145) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:54 am

Post by BeardedCat »

ok i'll be refreshing

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #146) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:57 am

Post by BeardedCat »

YAY

WE DID IT! WE WON! <3

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #147) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:31 am

Post by BeardedCat »

@Nexus: I am okay with releasing the PT if the others are. Thanks for modding!

Return to “Completed Game Topics”