Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

[Street Fighter Mafia] Lair of the Four Kings

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Hello, Mafia team, and welcome to Street Fighter Mafia! You may use this private topic to talk, scheme, and conspire amongst yourselves. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

For the sake of convenience, please submit all your night actions here in this thread instead of sending them to me via PM. Be sure to bold your actions so there's no confusion.

Your team is comprised of the following players:

• Antihero
    SoulEaterQUEEN
    (F.A.N.G., Reflexive Poisoner)

• Titus (Juri Han, Roleblocker & One-Shot Strongman)

• PeregrineV (Q, Neighborhood Spy)

• Varsoon (Rolento, Goon)

• Ranger (Ibuki, Goon)
If you have any questions, let me know. Have fun, and good luck!
Last edited by Skullduggery on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:33 am, edited 11 times in total.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Greetings, Antihero/SoulEaterQUEEN, and welcome to
Street Fighter Mafia
! In this game, you will be playing the role of...

F.A.N.G.

Reflexive Poisoner

Aligned with the Mafia

If you think the tall, gangling, scarecrow-esque F.A.N.G. looks completely ridiculous, then congratulations, you've already fallen for his trap. This master manipulator will use any and every underhanded tactic in the book to get an advantage over his opponents, especially those who underestimate him based on his unthreatening appearance. As a master of poison-based attacks, the enigmatic F.A.N.G. is also a feared assassin who has quickly earned the respect of his peers in the sinister Shadaloo organization. There are only two types of people in this world: those who kill and those who die. Any fool who challenges F.A.N.G. will quickly discover which category they fall into.

The other members of the Mafia team include...

• Ranger (Ibuki, Goon)
You may communicate with your allies in the Mafia Faction Private Topic. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases.

Daytime Abilities:
During the day, you may vote to lynch any living player in the game.

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you and the rest of your team can choose to kill any living player in the game. Only one of you can perform the kill.

Passive Abilities:
If any player performs an action on you during the night phase, they will be reflexively poisoned and will die on the following night phase. You may only poison one person per night phase, so if more than one player performs an action on you on any given night phase, you will only reflexively poison whomever performed the first action according to Natural Action Resolution.

Win Condition:
You win when your team controls at least 50% of the votes (or nothing can prevent this from happening) and there is at least one member of your faction still alive.

Safe-Claim

If you ever feel that a safe-claim is necessary, I can guarantee that nobody else in the game has received the following role PM:
Spoiler:
Greetings, Antihero/SoulEaterQUEEN, and welcome to
Street Fighter Mafia

Dhalsim

Motion Detector

Aligned with the Town

There aren't many people in the world who can turn yoga into an effective fighting style, but then again, there aren't many people in the world quite like Dhalsim. This magnanimous monk typically prefers to avoid conflict, but in situations when fighting is a necessity, he is more than capable of defending himself thanks to his stretchy limbs, scorching fire breath, and calm demeanor that allows him to remain placid in even the most dangerous situations.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the Night phases, you may target any living player in the game. If that player performs an action or if any other player in the game performs an action on your target, you will detect these actions. You will not detect your own action.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when all non-Town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one Town player still alive.

Please reply to this PM to let me know that you understand your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. The game will not begin until I receive confirmations from at least 18 players.

Greetings, Titus, and welcome to
Street Fighter Mafia

Juri Han

Roleblocker & One-Shot Strongman

Aligned with the Mafia

In her never-ending quest for power, the sultry Juri Han had an experimental device known as the Feng Shui Engine implanted into her left eye socket. This advanced apparatus greatly amplified her natural strength and speed, but it also had the unintended side effect of turning the already-ruthless Taekwondo expert into a sadistic killing machine who derives pleasure from inflicting pain and misery upon others. With the Feng Shui Engine making her mental state more and more unstable with every passing day, it's possible that Juri's ravenous appetite for destruction and dominance may never truly be satiated.

• Antihero/SoulEaterQUEEN (F.A.N.G., Reflexive Poisoner)

• Ranger (Ibuki, Goon)
You may communicate with your allies in the Mafia Faction Private Topic. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you and the rest of your team can choose to kill any living player in the game. Only one of you can perform the kill. If you perform the kill, you have the option of making it a Strongman kill, which will punch through any protective, redirecting, interfering, or role-blocking actions that may exist in the game. You may only perform one Strongman kill throughout the game.

Additionally, you have the ability to roleblock any living player in the game during the night phase to prevent them from performing any action that they may possess. You cannot roleblock yourself. You can roleblock a player and perform the standard factional kill on the same night if you'd like, but you may not roleblock someone on the same night that you perform a Strongman kill.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when your team controls at least 50% of the votes (or nothing can prevent this from happening) and there is at least one member of your faction still alive.

Safe-Claim

If you ever feel that a safe-claim is necessary, I can guarantee that nobody else in the game has received the following role PM:
Spoiler:
Greetings, Titus, and welcome to
Street Fighter Mafia

Chun-Li

Private Topic Cop

Aligned with the Town

As the self-professed "Strongest Woman in the World," Chun-Li has been kicking butt in the Street Fighter universe for more than 25 years. Her iconic kick-heavy fighting style has left many foes writhing in pain as she continues her quest to dispense justice and make the world a safer place. Whether she's cleaning up the streets of Shanghai as an agent of Interpol or fighting to stop the dastardly villains of Shadaloo, Chun-Li is more than capable to getting the job done with poise, grace, and style.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you may investigate any living player to learn whether or not they currently have access to a private topic of any kind. Private topics include Mafia faction topics, Mason topics, Neighborhood topics, and any other private thread that may exist in the game.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when all non-Town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one Town player still alive.

Please reply to this PM to let me know that you understand your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. The game will not begin until I receive confirmations from at least 18 players.

Greetings, PeregrineV, and welcome to
Street Fighter Mafia

Q

Neighborhood Spy

Aligned with the Mafia

The enigmatic Q is about as mysterious as they come. Very little is known about this trenchcoat-wearing masked man. His motivations are unclear, his speech is unintelligible, his fighting style is highly unorthodox, and nobody is quite certain whether he's even a flesh-and-blood human being or not. All we know is that whenever and wherever Q shows up, disaster is sure to follow.

• Ranger (Ibuki, Goon)

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you and the rest of your team can choose to kill any living player in the game. Only one of you can perform the kill.

Passive Abilities:
You have access to the Kasugano Backyard neighborhood topic, but nobody knows you're there. You cannot lose access to this topic for any reason.

Win Condition:

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, PeregrineV, and welcome to
Street Fighter Mafia

Charlie Nash

Tree Stump

Aligned with the Town

You can't keep a good soldier down. Although former US Marine Charlie Nash was officially declared dead during a fatal military operation in Thailand, he finds himself mysteriously resurrected several years later with large portions of his broken body grotesquely augmented and patched together. With no knowledge of who or what brought him back to the land of the living, Nash embarks on a grim quest for answers -- silently praying all the while that his reconstructed body will hold together long enough for him to find closure.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
If you are ever lynched or killed, you may continue to post in the game thread if you so desire. Once you are dead, however, you may no longer vote, you can't be targeted by any day or night actions, and you don't count as a living player for endgame purposes.

Win Condition:

Greetings, Varsoon, and welcome to
Street Fighter Mafia

Rolento

Goon

Aligned with the Mafia

Calling military veteran and demolitions expert Rolento F. Schugerg "evil" may not be entirely accurate, but there is no denying that there is something sinister about this man. He enjoys fighting and destruction just a bit too much for it to be healthy, and his dream of creating a utopian military nation with himself as dictator-for-life definitely approaches M. Bison levels of despotism. Whatever you want to call him, though, I think we can all agree that Rolento is a very, very dangerous man.

• Ranger (Ibuki, Goon)

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, Varsoon, and welcome to
Street Fighter Mafia

Laura Matsuda

Vanilla Townie

Aligned with the Town

Flamboyant Brazilian brawler Laura Matsuda is more than just a pretty face; her deadly Jiu-Jitsu moves and shocking electricity-based attacks make her a fearsome addition to the Street Fighter roster. When she's not improving her grappling skills by wrestling Zangief or teasing her excitable younger brother Sean, Laura likes to cut loose and enjoy every moment to the fullest. There isn't a single force on Earth that can keep this free-spirited beauty down for long!

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, Ranger, and welcome to
Street Fighter Mafia

Ibuki

Goon

Aligned with the Mafia

Being a ninja is about more than just fancy spells and throwing sharp objects with pinpoint accuracy and camouflaging yourself to hide among the shadows. It also involves a whole lot of daily training and classes and chores and discipline and
ugh,
who has time for all that? It's no surprise, then, that impulsive ninja-in-training Ibuki decided to abandon her boring and secluded life in her small forest village to live in the much livelier and more modern city of Tokyo. Finally free from the shackles of her strict upbringing, Ibuki can finally cut loose and live the life she's always dreamed of!

• Ttus (Juri Han, Roleblocker & One-Shot Strongman)

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, Ranger, and welcome to
Street Fighter Mafia

Makoto

Vanilla Townie

Aligned with the Town

Always the competitive tomboy, Makoto has devoted her entire life to mastering the unique style of karate that her father made famous. Despite her young age and small stature, Makoto is a tenacious and highly focused warrior who can stand her ground against even the mightiest foes. With a few more years of training, the highly disciplined Makoto has the potential to become one of the strongest and most feared fighters in the world.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Last edited by Skullduggery on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

If you are unsatisfied with your safe-claims for any reason, I can also guarantee that none of the following characters are in this game:
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Ok, just based on the scumteam makeup, I think we can win.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Titus »

Thank you Skullduggery.

Awesome team!

Can PV just copy paste the hood chat to the rest of us or would that violate the copy/paste rules?

Y'all can come up with my post restriction for this game. Please give me something fun.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Titus »

SoulEater, I've played on the shorter sites. This site does more with letting things happen organically than sites with other deadlines.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 4, Titus wrote:
Can PV just copy paste the hood chat to the rest of us or would that violate the copy/paste rules?
Nope. If Peregrine wants to relay what's happening in the neighborhood topic, he will have to paraphrase.

(Also, please don't forget to reply to your role PM.)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Mad love, this is exciting.
Dunno who SoulEaterQueen is, but you need to catch a bunch of actions so you can poison all the rubes! :3

What do you folks wanna talk about?
SoulEaterQUEEN
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by SoulEaterQUEEN »

Hmm, my scum game is really out of shape. I have two players in this game that have a sense of my meta. One strongly so (Jackrito), while the other one a bit so (Bee-Boy).
I'm also more attuned with 24/48 hour deadlines so my playstyle comes off a bit aggressive, so I will need to think about a new approach here instead.

Given that I am probably the weaker link on this team, I do not mind being bussed if need to be as well.
SoulEaterQUEEN
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by SoulEaterQUEEN »

Also @Titus
Thanks for the heads up. I hope I can pick up on this site's meta in time before I result in some sloppy play.
I'm going to continue reading some past games tomorrow night to get more insight on this though.
If there are any other tips that come to mind, I'm all ears!
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:42 pm

Post by Ranger »

Well I don't have much to say. :/
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Titus »

Y'all can give me a PR.

I'm also very anti bus and love protecting buddies SQ. You need anything, don't hesitate to ask. We work best when using all our abilities.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4, Titus wrote:Thank you Skullduggery.

Awesome team!

Y'all can come up with my post restriction for this game. Please give me something fun.
Post restriction?

It has to be character or flavor related, or else town will want to put it to the test.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 8, SoulEaterQUEEN wrote:Hmm, my scum game is really out of shape. I have two players in this game that have a sense of my meta. One strongly so (Jackrito), while the other one a bit so (Bee-Boy).
I'm also more attuned with 24/48 hour deadlines so my playstyle comes off a bit aggressive, so I will need to think about a new approach here instead.

Given that I am probably the weaker link on this team, I do not mind being bussed if need to be as well.
Stay aggressive, but moderate it. If they want to tunnel you due to meta, then we can focus on their tunneling and lack of scumhunting.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 12, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4, Titus wrote:Thank you Skullduggery.

Awesome team!

Post restriction?

It has to be character or flavor related, or else town will want to put it to the test.
Nah, I made one up in Borderlands for myself.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Hmmmm, none come to mind, but I will think on it.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
SoulEaterQUEEN
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:05 am

Post by SoulEaterQUEEN »

I've only been in one game with PR, so I am not really creative in that front. I looked at the Borderlands game and it seemed like you did a really good job with it, so call me impressed with that play.
Alright, so I been thinking, but how does the transition out of RVS in your games work? It's actually one of my bigger weaknesses in my proper town game since it requires a bit of forceful action-riskier play to do, and not really something I want to experiment while I am learning this site's meta.
Also, not sure if we are allowed to have this kind of discussion this early in pre-game. >.>
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Titus »

We're allowed to discuss anything pregame.

The transition from RVS is generally universally the same. Someone starts having a suspicion and votes for legit reasons and we start analyzing from there. There's no shame in avoiding RVS if you hate it if this is your only game on site. Just don't get prodded.

It's also relatively safe to piggyback onto the largest wagon if it hasn't gone anywhere (even if it's on one of us).
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Titus »

We also have daychat, so we can talk about anything. We just cannot use quotes from neighborhood chat.

FMPOV, PereV is the most valuable member of our team.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

SoulEaterQUEEN
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:25 am

Post by SoulEaterQUEEN »

I also forgot to mention there's a third player in this game who has an idea how I play as well (Prophyaxis, I forget his real name). Though he gives town reads really easily. Since his large part of the game is to town hunt early game. But I definitely need to watch out from that since he knows I like to be really pro-active.
If I lurk, I think the 3 players who know I am pretty active that something is off. I will definitely be participating in RVS, probably with my usual way of some icebreaker question, or maybe I will do a fluffy joke post? Not sure yet. I will probably try to behave in a way that I am taking some caution in learning the site meta before I jump the gun to a scum read. I will try to manipulate my tone so that I start off normal, and I lose confidence in the game over time. But this will largely depend on what happens throughout. I am hoping this player list will provide someone who is at least naturally scummy while town so they can produce a distraction to town.
Note to self: I will also need to drop my habit of writing essays this game >.>

Also thanks a bunch ^^
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Titus »

Prophy and I go way back. He's a cool cat.

Definitely go with your usual icebreaker question unless Prophy has told you NOT to do that.

Reads formation as scum is a chessmatch. Forming a "block" with dumb town and promoting bad thoughts is usually how I go about it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

SoulEaterQUEEN
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:43 am

Post by SoulEaterQUEEN »

He's definitely great, and has not seen my scum game so I will have to make sure I do my best to not disappoint >.>
My icebreaker questions tend to confuse people why I do it but it is all part of my behaviour analysis approach that I like to apply as town. I definitely use meta to scum hunt day 1, and gauging behaviour with past games is normally what I do, though this time around I think it will be less effective since I am in another community.
I think for safety purposes I may try to form a town block with Jack given he's got a strong grasp on my meta, and he can apply wifom on me effectively. He will probably be looking closely given he knows me best. But will also probably try to be skittish with me as he is trying to learn the site's meta too XD
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Titus »

What site do you usually play on?

By the way, check here often. I'll leave advice for you (which you're free do disregard), and you can ask for anything. The more active you are, the more people will want to investigate you.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

SoulEaterQUEEN
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
SoulEaterQUEEN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by SoulEaterQUEEN »

I play on MAL (myanimelist), it is the same community that Suzune/Jackrito came from. Jackrito is also new to this site too and has a different playstyle.
That sounds great, I will be sure to. I definitely agree because I get a lot of attention from my activity. I think I will strive to be on the average end in this game but not one to try to "lead" a lot of the discussion if you get what I mean.
What other sites did you play on?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Titus »

You should lead. Lead gets you attention. Attention gets you visits. I can play Cyrano if needed. If you're skilled enough and don't have odd personality quirks (like I do), you can adopt a playstyle that fits the situation.

I've played on here, sc2mafia, US Message Boards, Dark Lord Potter, and a few others.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Game Topics”