grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 24, kuror0 wrote:@grapes if we are 6 players how many we would need for a lynch, 4?
Correct.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by kuror0 »

I think if you claim right at the start of day phase for most if would be shady and it would actually go against your objective. seems you are panicking now due to Galagya and gamma words. As for the NK so far I do think jon is the wildcard. I don't really know whats on his head so I can't predict how he will start d3. for now I believe our kill must be either jon or gamma I don't want to lynch lmk and Galagya is a viable wagon.
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:26 am

Post by boring »

I had thought about that, but I think it would be best to kill as much town as possible.

I tried to be super obvious in order to make the "I was too obvious, and mafia clearly picked up on that and wouldn't want to waste a NK." narrative plausible.

I admit that with a lack of apparent effort in attracting a NK, you'd have to have a bit more proof of your towniness and/or a reason.

My reason was going to be that scum already knows, and there won't be a N3 for them to utilize if we don't lynch right. I was going to ramble about the responsibility of the BP to attract a NK without letting on to being BP, and imply that since the scum already know, they're going to pretend not to believe me. Though, obviously wording would vary.

If we can pull off one more mislynch, we win.

If it doesn't work with whoever of us claim it, we can just bus and get town cred.

I think we should kill jon or galagya. They both seem like they'd be a difficult lynch today.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:26 am

Post by boring »

Sorry, I mean gamma. Not Galagya
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:35 am

Post by boring »

I take it back. Killing jon is better. Or galagya if we must. We can frame it up that those who agreed to kill MW but were unwilling to commit are most guilty looking. They knew that he was town, and wanted to play it low while not going against the grain. The town people commited because they aren't part of the informed minority, and he seemed sketchy as fuck.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:20 am

Post by kuror0 »

I think I can make a decent case on Galagya so I want to keep him around, plus he hasn't done any hardcore scum hunting so for now I think he is not that dangerous. Lmk already is reading Galagya on the scummy side and I've been buddying Lmk with hopes something good comes from it. I can make a case on why he is obvtown from my pov so I am not worried about someone asking for it and in the worst case I get lynched mby he gets some attention out of it. If you really want to claim then well go ahead and let's see how that goes. I thought about a wild claim(you or me) and then counterclaiming, forcing a lynch on one of us but pretty much securing the remaining one would be conf town and winning the game for both, but maybe it is just too much effort and risk.
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:01 am

Post by boring »

In post 26, kuror0 wrote:I think if you claim right at the start of day phase for most if would be shady and it would actually go against your objective. seems you are panicking now due to Galagya and gamma words. As for the NK so far I do think jon is the wildcard. I don't really know whats on his head so I can't predict how he will start d3. for now I believe our kill must be either jon or gamma I don't want to lynch lmk and Galagya is a viable wagon.
Galagya and Gamma said a couple random things, but not enough to be worrisome. Honestly, being suspected at a time when people aren't ready to lynch you is normally ideal. It means people will have had time to assess, doubt, and move on to another lead by the time they're actually ready to lynch. Map Wolf was an exception because he really messed up.

I thought I had set myself up this whole day to claim first thing D3 in a "informing town to give them solid ground to work off" kind of way. Because honestly, if there was a BP that mafia knew about, I think they'd be hurting town to hold out at MYLO.

However, we can just hang onto the claim for if one of us gets to L-1.
That
seems more panicky and scummy to me, but I don't know how others will see things. People seem to find aggressive more town, and amicable more scum. I haven't figured out why yet. But then, I've yet to be assigned a town role on this site. Maybe once I've been on both sides of the fence, I'll understand better.

Okay, so let's kill jon.

As for your case against Galagya, the way we ended yesterday, I'd look really awful if I came in helping you tunnel her. I can think of three good ways to handle this to support you. The best, most believable idea, I think, is that I could resist your tunnel on Galagya, and start a parallel wagon on you with shitty logic, which you'll be able to dispel with a BP claim if I'm too convincing. Two, I could seem unsure and ride the fence, using MYLO as my excuse, and claim BP when people get close to lynching me for dragging my feet. Three, I could start the day with a synopsis of everyone's ISOs and conclude that either LMK or Gamma was the best vote, which would let us adjust to whatever town is biting onto.

What do you think would work best with what you have planned for Galagya?

Either way,
if a townie votes another townie, we need to hammer that shit really, really fast
. Once a third vote is on, the game's over, and we've won, so there's no need to hide anymore.

If I was town, my first post tomorrow would be to tell everyone to hold their vote until we 're absolutely sure, because with two scum, all we need is one bad town vote and the game is over. Obviously, if someone in town mentions it, by all means comply.

Also, there's a rule of thumb I've seen floating around here and on Mafia Universe that the first person to vote in MYLO/LYLO is always scum. I don't know if anyone here knows that, but we can use it to our advantage if a townie votes for one of us. That, or there's the logic of "if I put a vote on so-and-so and scum doesn't hammer, then it means that they must be scum" that I've seen effectively utilized several times. We might be able to work that in piece of crap to our advantage too.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:05 am

Post by boring »

I don't think we should warn town not to vote. I meant to put that in there. Hopefully none of them will think of it.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:02 am

Post by kuror0 »

In post 31, boring wrote: As for your case against Galagya, the way we ended yesterday, I'd look really awful if I came in helping you tunnel her. I can think of three good ways to handle this to support you. The best, most believable idea, I think, is that I could resist your tunnel on Galagya, and start a parallel wagon on you with shitty logic, which you'll be able to dispel with a BP claim if I'm too convincing. Two, I could seem unsure and ride the fence, using MYLO as my excuse, and claim BP when people get close to lynching me for dragging my feet. Three, I could start the day with a synopsis of everyone's ISOs and conclude that either LMK or Gamma was the best vote, which would let us adjust to whatever town is biting onto.

What do you think would work best with what you have planned for Galagya?
for this part. Don't sheep me. If you are going to vote yours must be the last vote on the Galagya wagon. So make it look like you are not really sure either by fence sitting or pushing on some other player or whoever you see fit.

-I doubt anyone will pressure someone for not voting in this stage. that would be foolish.

-I won't be attacking lmk at all. I will only vote him if my vote hammers his mislynch not before that.

Now for the course of action if a townie votes another townie. there are some things we need to be sure.
1. we are both around and checking when the vote happens, if 1 of us vote and the other is not around to hammer it is pretty much like claiming scum imo.
2. make sure the vote is real. For some reason I've been paranoid about a fake vote or some sort of bait like that.
3. we can come up with a special phrase or word or something to indicate the other we are around and checking. for example I can be checking constantly from 8am to 12m and 2pm to 5pm during weekdays. (when this post is submitted is about 11am so make the conversion to your local time) But there are days where the workload spikes and I can easily get dragged by the work and forget or prevents me to check. During weekends there is no use I am almost always outside and busy so if the derp vote happens during weekends i will not probably be around or won't have the time to check constantly.
Too lazy to be scum.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:14 am

Post by kuror0 »

nvm it is easier. if any of us(from now on called scum1) gets to the topic and see town voted another town, will just post something small and simple just to let scum2 know that scum1 will be around and checking constantly. At this point if scum2 comes sees that the small post of scum1 was made 30min or less ago then scum2 proceeds to vote for the town. and the set up is rdy so scum1 can hammer. Any thoughts about it. that's all my mind can pull atm terrible couple of nights + workload.
Too lazy to be scum.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:18 am

Post by kuror0 »

oh and btw I will be late for the next day phase, it will start with my weekend. So feel free to proceed as you please regarding the bp claim I will just adapt to the situation.
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:54 am

Post by boring »

Well, it looks like we're in the same time zone, which helps.

Okay, I am also unpredictable on the weekends. I was planning to stay up late Friday night to make my claim, but I will be busy for most of Saturday, and my husband gets grumpy when I ignore him to play on the computer.

So too with me, I have reliable periods during the work day when I can pop on, but if I have a lot of clients or employees needing me, it obviously pulls me away from goofing off. 8am-10am and 4pm-6pm are normally the more reliable for me during the week. The rest is whenever.

I wouldn't worry about fake votes at this point. Just make sure you can justify any vote you make if you're #1 or #2. If you're #3, you don't need to justify anything because no matter what happens, that person is lynched. If someone claims their vote was fake just to test someone else, you can maul them with furious and righteous townie anger for being willing to risk the entire game like that. In fact, I don't see how you couldn't ride that straight into a lynch because that's hella scummy.

If anyone votes over the weekend, I'll be surprised. I'll be an early suspect. If I have to claim, I will, but I'm not bad at talking my way out of stuff.

I can signal you that I'll be around for the next hour by leaving two spaces between my last two paragraphs.

Like this.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:56 am

Post by boring »

I will save the claim for when one of us needs it. If I have time, I'll prepare a small series of ISO posts for Friday night/early Saturday morning. Otherwise, I'll probably hop on Sunday morning to catch up and put out fires.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:19 am

Post by kuror0 »

ah just now I notice you are gmt -6 and I am gmt -5. ok got your signal if the opportunity arrives but I doubt it. I will probably be able to join sunday afternoon/night or worst case monday morning from work. I won't have anything prepared as I just remembered I suck sticking to a long term plan and feel better working things as they come.
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by boring »

That's fine. We'll work it out. Bus me if you need to. I'll do the same.

Wait. Maybe I'm -5 too. I'm in CST. I thought it was -6 for some reason. But the timestamp on the post you said was 11am showed as 11am for me too.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:34 am

Post by kuror0 »

oh well easier to know. So kill jon and gl next day phase. I will be checking here in a couple of hours to send the kill if you haven't or check any last messages you left.
Too lazy to be scum.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:29 am

Post by kuror0 »

Well weekend starts now and i will be submitting the kill now then. I
Kill Jon
see ya sunday. gl