Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Post by grapes »

Welcome to the Mafia,
boring
(Mafia Goon)
and
kuror0
(Mafia Goon)

You may post in here during Pregame and Nighttime only.
Actions may be submitted in here, please BOLD them.
Kills must have a designated Killer.
Good Luck!
Last edited by grapes on Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:57 am

Post by camn »

Good luck, mafia scum.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by kuror0 »

I'm here gl and have patience it has been ages since the last time i played.
Too lazy to be scum.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:45 am

Post by grapes »

Unlocking for Night 1.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:47 am

Post by kuror0 »

Well boring. Any thoughts? besides the obvious "we are doomed"?
Too lazy to be scum.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:48 am

Post by kuror0 »

I think you were too quick to jump on skiddish and she pushed you hard for your reads on me.
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:13 am

Post by boring »

I might have been, but I'm not super worried about that. I've been on Galagya too.

We're crazy lucky that the only town PR is gone. We're free to kill whoever without being blocked or tracked. If we lose this, we deserve to lose.

We have to blame the victim. SR should have claimed. It was on her, and she and GM will be the bad guys. It was the IC who put the pressure on her, and the IC's responsibility to tell newbies about their obligation to claim.

We need to NK the IC and then use our righteous anger to lecture the remaining newb town on the importance of claiming.

Also, don't forget that scum buddies are expected to distance. If we play like town, that means going through phases where we agree and disagree with each other. Town makes mistakes.

My first scum game, I won, but I began a noticeable pattern (at least to Drixx, my IC, who is vocal about it now) that I have to break. That is, keeping it neutral as long as possible before spinning my bullshit. I've noticed that as town, I play more fast and loose. Of course, I occasionally get mislynched that way. I'm trying to marry the two because the first will become a personal scumtell.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:34 am

Post by kuror0 »

Wow I just now notice skiddish was the jk. Now this makes things waaaay easier. we know the set up and I was actually worried about the PR cause we did get some attention with so many towns lurking.

True I don't know why she didn't claim, maybe she didn't even remember? but it was poor play, and I think someone called a lot to claim, we probably can't really blame gm or Lmk for that. (After checking the thread) -> GM called that someone should call intent and let people claim, and Lmk did call intent like 3 times since yesterday, so I don't see it too viable to push for them on this.

Agree with the NK on gm. Without her, town activity will probably drop more if this continues. Plus she was the only one defending MW so, if he doesn't do that well during half this day phase someone will probably go for him.

About distancing I will probably start the day pressuring you for your jump on skiddish if I wasn't scum this game I know I would have found your jump way too scummy. So it would be good for you to check some bases to prove you were suspecting her or w/e defense against the incoming buss you see fit. If I see you are displaying poorly I will pressure you tho I will try avoid your lynch but it may not come naturally so it worries me a bit.

Mmm I really haven't played in a long time and I really can't remember too many things so I am just playing as I see fit.
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:02 am

Post by boring »

One thing I've learned is to make sure you do a shitty job of jumping on scum-buddies.

When I "suspected" you, I left a big fat hole in my logic. You don't have to be THAT bad, but I'm just using up every last ounce of newbie clearance I have, seeing as I can't seem to rand anything but scum on this website. That said, keep in mind that we have to be careful about how informed we seem. Town is feeling their way through the dark. We're seeing each other's flaws under a magnifying glass because we know we're scum and we're having to trust one another to play correctly despite having different styles.

Anyway, if you leave a hole, I can pounce on your argument rather than on you, and it gives you a chance to back off. Tomorrow should be a bit of a cake-walk. There is absolutely no reason for either of us to be lynched Day 2, and we should avoid real undermining as much as possible. That doesn't mean agreeing on all points, but it means not sabotaging one another. If one or both of us comes under serious fire tomorrow for some unforeseen reason, we can use it to bus and earn town cred day 3. We are 2/7 of town, and we both ended Day 1 with credibility. In fact, we could easily step up to become town leaders. :lol:

I'm planning to gun for Galagya tomorrow. I think they're the best choice for lynch, unless DE's replacement is lame. That doesn't mean my vote will be on them at the end. If I think I can get away with it, I think I might "change my mind" on Galagya toward the end of the day and do the whole "this wagon is bad" thing, and do a vanity wagon on whoever made the most believable "scum-slip".

Then again, town might prefer MW. I guess I'll play it by ear.

Do you think it matters at this point who puts in the NK for goodmorning?
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:21 am

Post by kuror0 »

So we agree on the NK on gm right? I thought about killing dongem replace to deny info as a possibility as well. But gm hasn't said that much about her reads so not sure where we stand there. She isn't the one looking townier and we may be able to frame her eventually but we may also fail miserably so what do you think?

p-edit: at this point it doesn't matter who commits the kill there are no pr left to be worried about. You seem confident while I feel we didn't end looking so good, but maybe it is just my paranoia kicking.
Too lazy to be scum.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:06 am

Post by kuror0 »

I hate being mafia I couldn't help but feel guilty as heck when pushing for skiddish. I mentioned her AtE because it was really making me feel bad and her defense wasn't so bad actually. I have a hard time bussing or pushing if I feel the person is being geniuine so don't worry about me and if you need to hang me go for it. We still have 1 fake claim possibility if the time comes.
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:49 am

Post by boring »

I understand the guilty feeling. My first game D1, a newb town went to the gallows insisting that I was absolutely, positively town, and he made an appeal directly to me about his towniness. I felt like a monster.

Then I realized that we have a duty to town to challenge them. After all, most people enjoy playing town over scum for the fun of the puzzle.

I think GM remains the best N1 choice because she stands as a strong voice of reason for town. Besides, if I were her, I'd be reticent to give a stong voice D1 specifically for the purpose of avoiding an early NK.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:14 am

Post by boring »

If you wanted, I could bus you tomorrow. It's just not the most sound strategy at this point.

If you start to get uncomfortable with conflict in the game, or if you feel unsure, you could always take a day or two off. Or if it gets really bad, I'm sure the mod will let you sub out. No need to give yourself an ulcer or anything.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:54 am

Post by kuror0 »

oh it is not that bad. I won't replace out unless my time schedule again goes to shit. so yeah let's kill gm and see how everything turns out. About bussing do it if you see it necessary I will do the same, no point in planing things so ahead as I'm not good following plans anyways.
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by boring »

Sounds fair enough

NK goodmorning, please
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:15 am

Post by grapes »

In post 14, boring wrote:Sounds fair enough

NK goodmorning, please
boring kills goodmorning
is what I'll put you down for.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:27 am

Post by boring »

Awesome. Thank you.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:02 am

Post by kuror0 »

Ok so it is done. Day 2 will probably decide if we win or lose so gl.
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:45 am

Post by boring »

Don't worry, we'll be fine :)

@mod how long is too long for a post? I'm kind of working on a post that's 4330 words at the moment. I can totally break it up into spoiler chunks, if that helps.

Oh yeah, @kuror0, I am slow to make huge posts, so I can only really do good ones "overnight". Can you do me a favor and not post anything that requires an enormous response from me when/if you do your distancing thing?
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by kuror0 »

sure. I try to avoid long post cause they consume a lot of time too and most of the time I'm at work with small windows to post.
Too lazy to be scum.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 18, boring wrote:@mod how long is too long for a post? I'm kind of working on a post that's 4330 words at the moment. I can totally break it up into spoiler chunks, if that helps.
Use your own judgement. Ask yourself - would I read this?

I personally don't like spoilers for that very reason.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:56 am

Post by grapes »

Locking for Day 2.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by grapes »

Open now.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by boring »

Yay! I really want to claim BP first thing day 3. I want to say something like "clearly mafia knows, seeing as Ive done everything in my power to attract a NK and nuthing. so town needs to know too. Sorry for being so bitchy yesterday, but I wanted to try to rattle as many people as possible without leaving scum to think I was an easy lynch. I think I made it too obvious, though."

I'm thinking jon is a good kill. He the most experienced, therefore most likely to realize that I could so easily lie about this. What do you think?

If I could get in as conf town, we can steer toward a vulnerable townie, and we'll win!
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by kuror0 »

we both had in mind claiming bp, but I'll be honest coming out at the start of d3 without a reasons would sound like complete bs to me. I thought about pulling someno night kill shenanigans but let me ask something first.

@grapes if we are 6 players how many we would need for a lynch, 4?
Too lazy to be scum.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”