a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Open 653 Mafia Thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:25 am

Post by lalaladucks »

open 653 mafia thread

Hi DixC, FancyPants, and karnos, you're the baddies!

You may communicate here in the Pregame phase and during Night.

Please submit your Night Actions here.

Last edited by lalaladucks on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:22 am

Post by FancyPants »

Hi all,
Firstly I don't really feel that confident playing as scum, and much prefer playing town.
That said had a weird feeling I would get scum this game (which I realize makes no sense), so I am both prepared and willing to stick it out.

I will attempt to play as active as possible, and make a big effort of "scum hunting" and hopefully look like incompetent townie.
I do think bussing is largely a bad idea, I've noticed scum are just as likely to be on their scum buddies wagons as not.
People are well used to bussing and therefore don't give you much townie credit for it so it seems against our win condition mostly.
I'd rather defend you and look like an idiot when you flip than help you get lynched. I feel like our win rates go down drastically if there is an early scum flip.
So yeah that's how I plan to play in general, I'll include you two in read lists but am unlikely to call out any "scummy" behavior either real or imagined.

Lastly I suggest none of us ever mention the SK, bringing up a serial killer would be enough for me to lynch someone by itself in this set-up.

I'm also RoleBlocker for what it's worth.

Anyway good luck!
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:32 am

Post by karnos »

Hey guys. Woot, I get to be scum with Dixc! Penguin is going to tunnel me, I know it!

I tend to "bus", but I put that in quotes because it can be enough to fake like you want someone lynched. Just enough to create some excellent doubt about whether we could possibly be of the same alignment. Don't let it happen! If I am calling you scum in thread defend yourself and call me out for anything I have done scummy. Of course depending on how the game goes it might not be necessary or beneficial.

This setup is good for fakeclaiming, since it's so random you can claim something like cop and the town cop won't know if you are lying or not unless he investigates. Don't get lynched without putting up a good fight with a strong claim.

I'm a goon. When we know Dixc's role we can get a hint about how many town power roles exist.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:24 am

Post by lalaladucks »

So I originally had the flip with DixC as RB because I thought that was him but then I came here to unlock this thread and saw that it's in fact FancyPants... So I'm gonna ask a listmod what to do later but I have to leave the house right now. Sorry about that D:
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by FancyPants »

OK well we're pretty doomed haha.
Any ideas?
I think we should RB Yuria and Kill Antihero.
I'll obviously try my best not to be lynched but don't have a lot of scum faith in my play (and ultimately we were hurt a lot by our lack of activity day 1).
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by karnos »

Game isn't looking to be in our favor, but we certainly should try to do whatever we can to salvage the situation.

I think we need to kill copper223. Thoughts?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by karnos »

I don't really want to see antihero flip yet, I like keeping things in doubt about whether or not his slot could be scum. You think yuria is some sort of powerrole? The only sense i got is that copper might be a mason, he seems to have some undeserved town cred that nobody is questioning.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by karnos »

Alternative, we kill eagersnake and I go after vax out of the gate due to eager saying vax and ! are scum unless he dies. Some sort of "well look, vax must have been scum to kill eager, since I know I am town". TBH I don't think it's a good strategy for this game considering how we are being shakely read as it is, maybe it would work if we were more town read.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by karnos »

Anyway I don't have a strong sense of who might be a cop or doctor, so roleblock as you wish.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by FancyPants »

I kind of like keeping copper around as he is still suspicious of the Persivul slot and his scum list is quite a bit larger than most.

I like blocking Yuria for two reasons 1) This post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p8370445 , seems like a power role post to me, and 2) on the off s=chance she is some sort of investigative role, she's basically guaranteed to target you Karnos.

Maybe we should kill Firebringer? He seems pretty universally town read and he did call the entire scum team before night 1.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by FancyPants »

As for general game strategy its hard to see us winning but we need to essentially (assuming no SK, and assuming our NK goes through) get 4 lynches in a row without getting ourselves lynched which seems a tall order.
Time to hope for an SK haha.

Alternatively one of us could bus heavily to get a lynch but I feel like that's a losing strategy.
I'm going to do my best to get Vax or Yuria lynched.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by FancyPants »

Bit annoyed Persivul got replaced at all, I think he would have been an easy lynch at some point and all the chaos and arguing was only helping us.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:58 am

Post by karnos »

Okay, I don't mind keeping copper alive but I am strongly against killing firebringer. Sure we can use a defense like "obviously I'm not scum, i wouldn't kill the guy who's last words were calling me out", but it's still incredibly risky and if one of us later flips the association there is really bad.

I propose we go the opposite direction, lynch persivul slot. He is the one main player other than penguin who was town reading me. He is also potentially an easy miss lynch, so town will be confused as to why he was picked. Also, potentially we could play a big gambit into the whole thing. One of us could claim doc protecting player X, someone we read as town, and theorize that the persivul kill might have been a vigilante or SK and maybe we doc protected from the scum kill. This gives a "verified" town from our protect, but it also gives the doc claim a lot of cred. Worst case, if the doc claim is later lynched and flips scum, then the verified town comes into question and might be misslynchable by the last remaining scum. I'm not saying do this for sure, but if the day starts and things line up right (for example, someone outside of us thinks there might be a vigilante) I may come into the thread and claim doc.

So anyway, my vote is kill persivul.

I'd consider killing penguin too, but I am afraid of the replacement coming into persivul's slot and reading me as scum.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:53 am

Post by FancyPants »

Yeah OK I actually like that idea.
Not sure about the whole doc claim thing but I think we need to take risks at this stage.

Game theory would have us take risks when we're behind and play safe when we're ahead.
Should I role block Yuria or Firebringer? Both of them will likely hit us if they are investigative.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:57 am

Post by karnos »

go with yuria for the roleblock. I'm not convinced firebringer even believes what he said, it might have just been a case of throwing something out to see if it sticks. I'm going to generally ignore it.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:13 am

Post by FancyPants »

Yeah well we need to hold on to that, as much as people say they believe something no townie can ever be 100% sure.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:02 am

Post by karnos »

karnos shoots not_mafia
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him