Mafia 78: Meta Breaking Mafia 1 - Game over!

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

vote PickemGenius

Tagalong bandwagon.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:You and Elias really crawled out the woodwork this time, eh ?
uh...I usually am playing in 3-4 games at one time. I got NKed N1 in 3 games in a row recently.

vote: ABR

Bandwagon to Victory!
Were you town in all 3 games?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:34 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:You and Elias really crawled out the woodwork this time, eh ?
uh...I usually am playing in 3-4 games at one time. I got NKed N1 in 3 games in a row recently.

vote: ABR

Bandwagon to Victory!
Were you town in all 3 games?
yes, though I dont see how thats relevant.
What is the longest stretch you've gone without getting a scum role? (the longest townie streak)

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Adel wrote:i don't see how that could be relevant. See Gambler's Fallacy.
I know how to flip a penny a hundred times Adel.

What I'm getting at is whether Elias took an opportunity with ABR's comments about Elias crawling out of the woodwork. Its a perfectly acceptable response on the face of it, and may be completely innocent, but I cant help at wonder at the perception generated by it.
He says he was NK'd N1 3 games in a row. Usually (though not always), if you are NK'd it is going to be by scum. It meant that in 3 games, scum found him to be the biggest threat for one reason or another. Extrapolate on that and it means that Elias is probably a good player to keep around for scum hunting.
So following your Gambler's Fallacy, yes, he has proven to be town and apparently threatening to scum for 3 recent games, but that doesn't mean that he is town again in this game. I dont believe I've ever played with Elias, so I wonder (again) whether he is as subtle a player to casually influence town's desire to keep him around.

Why do you think you got NK'd those 3 games Elias, with 20/20 hindsight? Were your speculations close to the mark and they were forced to kill you, or was it because the general perception of you was that you were town? Or was it sheer dumb luck?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Ectomancer »

shaft.ed wrote:
Adel wrote:
Rosso Carne wrote:
Adel wrote:
Mod: camisade has not posted in this thread yet. Prod?

Rosso Carne has not voted yet... I'd like to get out of the random stage, thank you very much nicely.
nah, nothing really to vote on IMHO.
Ecto has a Depeshe Mode quote in his sig... IRL that is enough for me to put machine oil in his coffee.
But how do you know it is Depesche Mode unless you're a closet listener. Case closed!
pwned

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

unvote, vote Surye

Pattern baldness.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Only if he really looks like town. He's 5-5 as town, so if he's looking mediocre we can leave him alone.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Ectomancer »

shaft.ed wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:Only if he really looks like town. He's 5-5 as town, so if he's looking mediocre
we
can leave him alone.
Who do you mean by we?
Currently, any 7 of you that I can bend to my will.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Ectomancer »

shaft.ed wrote:So you want to lynch him already?
We have to give him time to prove himself either excellent or mediocre don't we? My vote is on Surye.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Pattern baldness.

A bald tire is rubber without the tread.
A bald head is scalp without the hair.
A bald Eagle is actually white.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Surye wrote:And @Adel, how is you defending ecto's OMGUS (you've cleared it up, that's what it was) not suspicious?
Are you still trying to insist that there was an OMGUS with this question?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, vote Machiavellian-Mafia

putting players at -1 with no warning or explanation ? You sir, need to be lynched.
I'm intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm going to call all of this reference material.

I do believe Machiavellian-Mafia is next in line.

unvote, vote Machiavellian-Mafia

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

unvote, vote Coolbot

He needs an opportunity to claim.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Ectomancer »

shaft.ed wrote:
Adel wrote:hey ecto, can we just stick to one wagon for a little while this time. jumping aound like this is making me seasick.

unvote, vote:coolbot
FoS Adel
We're going to lynch her Day 3 or 4. She's useful early.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Rosso Carne wrote:someone cite a coolbot vote reason please for me.
I'll explain your vote:

You don't feel like reading, so to contribute to the game without the effort, you are going to put Coolbot at L-1 so he can claim and we can all decide to lynch him or not. Simon says.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Bah, he will only be at L-2. It sounded so much more dangerous and exciting before.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I gave a thought but the internet monster ate the reply.

What I asked was: Are the presence of vanilla roles in mafia considered a meta? Or would expecting a meta breaking mafia to include no vanilla's
itself
a meta? How about only 1 vanilla? Aren't there normally a few? Just how much breaking of the meta is going on here?
But how can you answer that question? How can I ask it without implying a power role myself? How can you dance when it is a crime to play the music? 7 hands yet rest on the bow. It needs but one more to draw it across the string.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I cant help what you are looking for from me. I can only give you what I got.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Already?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

the silent speaker wrote:CoolBot, since Surye is not now in imminent danger of lynch, why do you continue to insist that he claim?

Ecto, is there any reason to the CoolBot bandwagon besides "he wanted Surye to claim, let's see how he likes it"?
An interesting interpretation. I would phrase it more like "he wanted to force a claim after interest had died"
After that, it was interesting to watch how long he would sit at L-1.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

unvote

The non-random random phase is now over.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I've decided to try listening.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Missed posting this here. Had minor surgery, Im kind of out of things for a bit. I'm still listening.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

farside22 wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
farside22 wrote:As far as I can see Adel is being Adel. I don't know Ecto so that is no tell for me. Albert is being quieter then usual however. It's just an odd thing I've noticed.
So, let's see... short posts with relatively little content (sure, farside posted what could be considered analysis, but she's not taking a firm stand on anything)... ayup, that's a scumtell coming from you.

Ecto wagon isn't doing anything, while farside is under the radar. I think some pressure is in order.

Unvote, Vote: farside22
Do you see anything exciting in the game going on? I agree with Albert for once there really isn't much worth mentioning.
Cant listen anymore. Albert said nobody stands out, not nothing worth mentioning. Your comment sounds more like "lets not even bother talking".

vote farside22

@mod
- Why have you segregated poor Kison's vote? Cant he have his vote in the same place as the others? Why is he a second class voter?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #25) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:This game should be abandoned.
I would like to see your case supporting this statement.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #26) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Lack of general interest.
Well, its page 13 and time for a lynch. Who is it? That should stir things up.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, vote Ectomancer

Only scum would want to keep playing!
Yes, but if I vote myself that would only hasten the end to my playing :cry:

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #28) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:44 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Adel wrote:In a game filled with teenagers, I suppose a wagon on the new mother if almost inevitable. I find it distastful. Plus, Ectomancer & Surye are one it.

Congrats, btw, farside.
You assume people bother clicking the links in your sigs. I for one don't. And it wasn't my comments that left a bad taste in her mouth (now
that[/]could be construed as both bad taste and distastful, if I meant it that way).

Anyhow, congrats on being a new Mother farside22. Lots of fun years to come. (Glad mine are teenagers now) It wont get you slack for your comment though. Albert did indeed say nobody stood out, it doesnt mean there are not events worth talking about. Your added comment was just a momentum killer type statement, and with a deadline looming in the not so distant future, its a scum style comment to me. I've rarely seen a town use good process in determining a lynch when pressed up against the deadline, and you seem determined to keep the conversation to a trickle until that point.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #29) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Actually I was referring to farside's comments, but I suppose it could just be the epidural talking...

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Ectomancer »

What are you doing Albert? I'm really not following.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Also Albert, if you can Vig, you should hit shaft.ed tonight.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #32) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:The most recent exchanges gave me town vibes from both ABR and Elias. On the other hand CoolBot is overwhelmingly on top with his defeatist "I'm expendable" comment.
I disagree.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #33) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:The most recent exchanges gave me town vibes from both ABR and Elias. On the other hand CoolBot is overwhelmingly on top with his defeatist "I'm expendable" comment.
I disagree.
with the entire post or just one of the statements made?
The entire thing, though Im more neutral vibes from you. Both ABR and MM should die.

vote ABR

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #34) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Ectomancer wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
I disagree.
with the entire post or just one of the statements made?
The entire thing, though Im more neutral vibes from you. Both ABR and MM should die.

vote ABR
EBWOP

unvote, vote ABR

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”