Mafia 78: Meta Breaking Mafia 1 - Game over!

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

Vote: shaft.ed

By the way I will be on V/LA from April 3rd to April 9th.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:17 am

Post by farside22 »

Ectomancer wrote:
Adel wrote:i don't see how that could be relevant. See Gambler's Fallacy.
I know how to flip a penny a hundred times Adel.

What I'm getting at is whether Elias took an opportunity with ABR's comments about Elias crawling out of the woodwork. Its a perfectly acceptable response on the face of it, and may be completely innocent, but I cant help at wonder at the perception generated by it.
He says he was NK'd N1 3 games in a row. Usually (though not always), if you are NK'd it is going to be by scum. It meant that in 3 games, scum found him to be the biggest threat for one reason or another. Extrapolate on that and it means that Elias is probably a good player to keep around for scum hunting.
So following your Gambler's Fallacy, yes, he has proven to be town and apparently threatening to scum for 3 recent games, but that doesn't mean that he is town again in this game. I dont believe I've ever played with Elias, so I wonder (again) whether he is as subtle a player to casually influence town's desire to keep him around.

Why do you think you got NK'd those 3 games Elias, with 20/20 hindsight? Were your speculations close to the mark and they were forced to kill you, or was it because the general perception of you was that you were town? Or was it sheer dumb luck?
A bit of a strength don't you think? You can't really base NK1 in other games. I was in a game with Elias where he is still alive and I can't say much more since it's on going, but you can't buy pass him with the thought he is good.
@Surye: With this group that seem to know each other the BW are not unexpected.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #241 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:53 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry for the delay. I'm back and will get back to this by tomorrow the latest.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #261 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:17 am

Post by farside22 »

Tarhalindur wrote:Back after a week of relative inactivity.

The big question of the last six pages: why the hell was Surye not forced to claim when he reached L-2?

Oh wait, that's an easy question: Surye didn't have to claim because Ecto (and to a lesser extent Adel) derailed the wagon just after it reached L-2 and before Surye was forced to claim.

I'm not going to fault CoolBot for wanting a claim out of someone who should have been forced to claim 3 pages ago. I do, however, think Ectomancer's derailing the Surye wagon and many, many questions asked while giving only a few of his own thoughts indicates that Ecto is fairly likely to be scum.

Unvote, Vote: Ectomancer
I have a question on this for tar. Why would Surye have to claim. Only one person was asking for his claim and kept asking.
@Albert: Why in the world do you think that Survey is just being normal and what is with a claim and comment that says you are not the vig. Was that necessary?
Vote: Coolbot

Surye defended himself and although it wasn't great there wasn't much for him to say. I just get the impression you are trying to put pressure on him for no reason, but to get it off you which is anti-town. I haven't seen anything you pointed out that made you vote or state Survye as scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #271 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:06 am

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Back after a week of relative inactivity.

The big question of the last six pages: why the hell was Surye not forced to claim when he reached L-2?

Oh wait, that's an easy question: Surye didn't have to claim because Ecto (and to a lesser extent Adel) derailed the wagon just after it reached L-2 and before Surye was forced to claim.

I'm not going to fault CoolBot for wanting a claim out of someone who should have been forced to claim 3 pages ago. I do, however, think Ectomancer's derailing the Surye wagon and many, many questions asked while giving only a few of his own thoughts indicates that Ecto is fairly likely to be scum.

Unvote, Vote: Ectomancer
I have a question on this for tar. Why would Surye have to claim. Only one person was asking for his claim and kept asking.
@Albert: Why in the world do you think that Survey is just being normal and what is with a claim and comment that says you are not the vig. Was that necessary?
Vote: Coolbot

Surye defended himself and although it wasn't great there wasn't much for him to say. I just get the impression you are trying to put pressure on him for no reason, but to get it off you which is anti-town. I haven't seen anything you pointed out that made you vote or state Survye as scum.
I'm finding it hard to see where Coolbot fits into your above comments?
Umm the comment at the bottom after my vote.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #283 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:48 am

Post by farside22 »

As far as I can see Adel is being Adel. I don't know Ecto so that is no tell for me. Albert is being quieter then usual however. It's just an odd thing I've noticed.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #295 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

Tarhalindur wrote:
farside22 wrote:As far as I can see Adel is being Adel. I don't know Ecto so that is no tell for me. Albert is being quieter then usual however. It's just an odd thing I've noticed.
So, let's see... short posts with relatively little content (sure, farside posted what could be considered analysis, but she's not taking a firm stand on anything)... ayup, that's a scumtell coming from you.

Ecto wagon isn't doing anything, while farside is under the radar. I think some pressure is in order.

Unvote, Vote: farside22
Do you see anything exciting in the game going on? I agree with Albert for once there really isn't much worth mentioning.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #298 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:42 am

Post by farside22 »

Ectomancer wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
farside22 wrote:As far as I can see Adel is being Adel. I don't know Ecto so that is no tell for me. Albert is being quieter then usual however. It's just an odd thing I've noticed.
So, let's see... short posts with relatively little content (sure, farside posted what could be considered analysis, but she's not taking a firm stand on anything)... ayup, that's a scumtell coming from you.

Ecto wagon isn't doing anything, while farside is under the radar. I think some pressure is in order.

Unvote, Vote: farside22
Do you see anything exciting in the game going on? I agree with Albert for once there really isn't much worth mentioning.
Cant listen anymore. Albert said nobody stands out, not nothing worth mentioning. Your comment sounds more like "lets not even bother talking".

vote farside22

@mod
- Why have you segregated poor Kison's vote? Cant he have his vote in the same place as the others? Why is he a second class voter?
It's the same thing. Me think one is trying to hard here.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #311 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

The problem is it's hard to get a game started sometime and this is one of those games.
unvote:
Vote Ecto

OMGUS. Really though your comments thus far leave a bad taste in my mouth.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #317 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Thanks for the congrats. I'm not using my motherhood as an excuse. This game really isn't going anywhere. Ecto call it gut feeling with my vote. Something in what you wrote rung my scum meter.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #374 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by farside22 »

Reading the post between Adel and Albert was really not that fascinating. I thought Adel's unvote and lack of really anything to say against albert more telling. I'm surprised most people aren't picking up on this. Some people in this game are so non existent it's not even funny.
unvote:
Vote: Adel

I think at the end of the day this will tell us more then Coolbot lynch.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #439 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:11 am

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Role-blocker here. Unvote kthx.
An L-3 claim. Are you losing your nerve Albert?
When should he claim? Although a RB is more scum in games that I've played then town. With a deadline and people piling votes I think him claiming is reasonable. However RB is a hard thing for me to swallow. I have seen town and scum RB, but most time they are scum.
I also think Coolbot's "claim" comments are not as meaningless as Elias states.
Can someone tell me when deadline is. I honestly don't have time to look it up at this point.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #444 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:has anyone revisited the coolbot + ABR connection lately? I don't have time to right now, but it occurred to be that ABR may be coaching Coolbot, anf trying to keep Coolbot from getting lynched without attracting too much attention to his connection to Coolbot. Does the evidence support this hunch?
Wasn't Albert just stating that he was for a Coolbot or Adel lynch 2 pages ago. Not that Scum don't out each other, but this early? Meh.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #465 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
Surye wrote:
farside22 wrote:Although a RB is more scum in games that I've played then town. With a deadline and people piling votes I think him claiming is reasonable. However RB is a hard thing for me to swallow. I have seen town and scum RB, but most time they are scum.
Coolbot, pay attention :P
reminds me of something Mr. Flay said in a game about six months ago
Mr. Flay wrote:Maybe I'm getting old, but "Mafia Roleblocker" is a newer type of role, and not as common as some players here would like you to believe. It's true that Mafia Roleblocker is a much more purely-beneficial role for its side to have than Pro-Town Roleblocker, because the pro-town type has to deal with not blocking cops, docs, etc. Still, it's testable.
link for full text and context
Interesting. I've seen both playing at this site so it's not a real tell any more. With a game like this it could be either, but I'm not for a Albert lynch anyways. I am for Coolbot at this point.
unvote:
vote: Coolbot

So far nothing he said has changed my mind. I really don't see how people didn't see most unvoting when Coolbot was asking for a claim. It was ridiculous.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #519 (isolation #14) » Thu May 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

I will do a reread sometime soon. Sorry things got hectic RL past 3 days
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #538 (isolation #15) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sorry my little one has been keeping me busy. I have a couple of doctors appointment tomorrow so I should have something by Tuesday the latest.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #648 (isolation #16) » Fri May 09, 2008 11:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Hi all. I know I'm behind. I'm behind in all my games. LOL
This one is up for a read through tomorrow.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #655 (isolation #17) » Fri May 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

Yah I caught up will all games but this one. Should have some time to read through and get on this tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”