The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20150 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by aphix »

Well, single player loads but I get 0 fps in it .....
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #20151 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Klazam »

Oh
insta disconnect?

open the twitch client, click launch the modpack, but on the mojang launcher, launch regular minecraft first, then launch the modpack.

try that
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20152 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by aphix »

Trying that now. Hopefully some java issues are causing frame issues.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20153 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by aphix »

Got connected. Now to figure out zero frames....
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20154 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by aphix »

Alright. Seems to have been an issue with not liking the Java settings.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20155 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by aphix »

Like the launch configs that dave posted.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20156 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by aphix »

Alright. So it was working. Then crashed. Reloaded issue was there again. Without changing anything .... Now somehow it's only trying to load with 1 gig of ram ... despite the settings all being different. I hate this. I may just copy over stuff from my laptop and see if that works.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20157 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by aphix »

Alright. So I don't know whats going on. I get some complaint about Java not being updated ... that it causes crashes with immersive engineering. I tried a modpack off twitch. Ran fine, crashed. Then was also doing 0 FPS. So I don't know if there is something getting messed up or some weird setting that's happening after running it. It's really weird, but I'm done playing with it for tonight I think.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #20158 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 9:38 pm

Post by Nexus »

Have you added optifine? My fps kept dropping until I did that.
Trans rights are human rights.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20159 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 10:55 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Is today the day server re-gens and goes official or not? Curious.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #20160 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:18 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 20159, Ranmaru wrote:Is today the day server re-gens and goes official or not? Curious.
Most likely not? lol what made you think it was?
Haven’t heard any update on timing from ETL
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #20161 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:27 am

Post by Maruchan »

Oso and arch were discussing it in IRC ssyi g if we could tweak configs early in the week this weekend might be finished and reset server for good.

Dont know how far he got though
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20162 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:47 am

Post by Maestro »

Ah, gotcha. That would be nice!
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20163 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:44 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Agreed.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20164 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:34 am

Post by davesaz »

Regarding the java update message -- yes there's a pretty serious bug that is fixed by later java.
I'm on Java 8.0_151 for the client side.

Twitch launcher is remarkably pig-headed with regard to Java. I had to fight with it a bunch. May have had to drop my JRE into Twitch's folder. It also may matter what the setting is inside the launcher itself.
In the overall twitch app settings (down arrow in the far upper right corner, settings), click the minecraft tab. I'm using "Jar Launcher" -- was NOT able to get it to work correctly with "Native Launcher".
Then below that there is a Java version, where I was able to select the 1.8.0.151 level.

If you're able to use MultiMC as an alternative that might work better / be easier.

Regarding config tweaks / new world: if there is something other than oregen that you know needs to be tweaked let me know.
I missed fence jumper in the last update, so will be including that. Are there any other consensus mods that are missing?

Planned approach is to make the updates, restart server, TP to a distant place to check oregen while y'all verify it didn't break anything else.
Not sure on timeline exactly, it's hard to guess when my wife, work, or kids will drop stuff on me. :lol:
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20165 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:04 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 20164, davesaz wrote:Regarding config tweaks / new world: if there is something other than oregen that you know needs to be tweaked let me know.
With CP access I could take care of some of this if that takes some of the load off. I have it down to a rough-and-tumble science at this point. I'd document everything, like I usually do.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20166 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:08 am

Post by Maestro »

Also, can we get a new unified download? Having to comb multiple posts for new additions makes it hard to try to get up to date and test.

EDIT: Including any possible client-side mods (OptiFine too) and just adding ".disabled" to the end of the .jarfile allows the mod to show up in MultiMC and be enabled with the click of a button if players want the mod(s) active, not sure about Twitch. That could be a good way of having a download with all the clientside mods people could want already included, but without dropping people in with something they don't want enabled by default. Can we do that? I can help assemble a comprehensive list of clientside mods to prepare for that.
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20167 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Impossibear »

yes when it goes live I'll update the OP with final links etc.

Having it done this weekend is a realistic goal. I will work on it tonight/tomorrow. Sunday I'm busy most of the day so my goal would be to have it done by then. :]

Arch will have to do the twitch thing.
Jangle and ESL!

The ETL half of this hydra is V/LA on weekends.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:24 am

Post by davesaz »

I'm working on configs too.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:17 am

Post by davesaz »

Oregen question: Is Galena important to TechReborn, or merely another way to get lead/silver?
If it's important, how important?

Spoiler: oredistribution
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: Checking ore distribution in (4990,0,-4931) to (5022,255,-4899) dim 0]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Coal - 1,024 (27%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Iron - 493 (13%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Galena - 396 (11%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Copper - 316 (8.5%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Osmium - 239 (6.4%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Tin - 218 (5.8%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * QuartzBlack - 161 (4.3%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Bauxite - 147 (3.9%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Aluminum - 123 (3.3%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Redstone - 118 (3.2%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Silver - 80 (2.1%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Lead - 79 (2.1%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * CertusQuartz - 76 (2.0%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Lapis - 61 (1.6%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Ruby - 58 (1.6%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Gold - 48 (1.3%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Sapphire - 40 (1.1%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Diamond - 19 (0.51%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Nickel - 17 (0.45%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Iridium - 15 (0.40%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Uranium - 7 (0.19%)]
[18:16:05] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: [ArchReplicator: * Apatite - 4 (0.11%)]
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20170 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Maestro »

I think you can put it on par with Osmium if you don’t see any other obvious use than Silver/Lead. Don’t disable entirely just in case?
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:42 am

Post by aphix »

In terms of ore, I know there are at least two coppers, and I always hate having different ores when mining, but I guess there are bags for that maybe?

So update, jar launcher didn't do anything. Don't think optifine well fix it. It's literally something preventing any frames, not a hardware limitation. When it's happening no issues with high cpu or gpu usage not even maxing out the ram it's given.
Between it working after deleting java launch arguments, it then crashed and stopped working. It's also doing it in other twitch packs so I don't know if I need to roll back my java that the newest java doesnt' work or what. I don't know and don't know where to start.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20172 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:49 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

aphix send me your latest crash log
Art is cool.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20173 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Maestro »

I would recommend completely uninstalling and reinstalling Java if you know what you’re doing. And definitely do some searching on Github or Google in general for others who have his issue.

Also, yeah, there’s at least 2 (if not 3 or 4) Copper, Tin, Silver, Lead, Aluminum, etc. Arch was asking about a mod-specific Ore that happens to yield some silver and lead products.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20174 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:03 am

Post by davesaz »

According to the oredistribution command all the dups are now gone except bauxite -- that has tech reborn and immersive engineering and both are needed for different purposes.
I think the galena is just lead+silver with a side of sulfur. For safety sake I think we should follow Maestro's suggestion and drop the gen way down but not zero. It's less than osmium now, lead & silver are plentiful as it is.

I'm done with all the tweaks I know about, and the oregen looks as shown in my previous post aside from reducing Galena. Mining world currently has perpetual noon, but hostiles spawn during the "night" hours and don't burn. One of the weirder things I've seen. Must be because I changed the setting on one which had previously gen'd. The new world should go back to normal, I think. It does gen new chunks with stone top now. I left it running with the new settings except for Galena which has been changed but not activated.

Tentatively ready to go pending additional changes from ETL and Maestro.

I'm equally lost on aphix's issue, it flat out doesn't make sense.

Return to “The Arcade”