Mafia 78: Meta Breaking Mafia 1 - Game over!

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count #34

Gorrad[4]: (Tarhalindur, Toaster Strudel, Gorrad, Surye)

Not Voting[6]: (Kison, the silent speaker, shaft.ed, pickemgenius, elias_the_thief, Machiavellian-Mafia)
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Kison »

Posting to let you folks know that I'm still alive. Going to be fairly busy over the next few days, as far as I can tell.

My vote's probably going to fall on Gorrad for obvious reasons. The only thing is that I _am_ concerned over the meta-breaking implication behind the chainsawing. Then again, the name of the game isn't bastard-moddery Mafia, which this kind of would be.

He also was a tad overzealous in his Windkirby campaign. Not saying this means he's not the SK, but it means I want to take another look.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

sup

just got back not too long ago.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I wouldn't consider it bastardmoddery as long as there are no disadvantages to the role -- it's basically a naive cop with no risk of getting an innocent read on a scum -- but I think Gorrad needs to get voted regardless of which he is, unless we want to just assume he's the SK and allow him to live so long as his kills are directed. Dunno if that would be a great idea though, though I tend to like that sort of risk-taking.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Hey, you want a directed kill, I'm cool with that. I think the better choice is to off me now, though. There's always the chance I AM a SK, and I shouldn't be allowed anywhere NEAR endgame.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

the silent speaker wrote:I wouldn't consider it bastardmoddery as long as there are no disadvantages to the role -- it's basically a naive cop with no risk of getting an innocent read on a scum -- but I think Gorrad needs to get voted regardless of which he is, unless we want to just assume he's the SK and allow him to live so long as his kills are directed. Dunno if that would be a great idea though, though I tend to like that sort of risk-taking.
I actually like the directed kill idea. It's an extra lynch for the cycle basically. I say we keep Gorrad around for the time being and see if two candidates come up during the course of today. If not we lynch him.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:48 pm

... 10 alive. 2 kills, 1 lynch, 7 alive. 2 kills, 1 lynch, 4 alive. If we let him live, we can do it for ONE day and one day only.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

the silent speaker wrote:... 10 alive. 2 kills, 1 lynch, 7 alive. 2 kills, 1 lynch, 4 alive. If we let him live, we can do it for ONE day and one day only.
I agree we either come up with two candidates for today or lynch Gorrad.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Surye »

Well, we have plenty of time, so lets just go with the idea of finding two other candidates, and then if nothing presents it self clearly, or if more against Gorrad comes up, we can just lynch him. Either way we need more activity to move forward.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:08 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Surye wrote:Well, we have plenty of time, so lets just go with the idea of finding two other candidates, and then if nothing presents it self clearly, or if more against Gorrad comes up, we can just lynch him. Either way we need more activity to move forward.
I say we examine those resistant to the Rosso lynch. Seems like a logical place to start.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Surye »

EBWOP: And in line with that idea,
Unvote
however, I would like to say I don't think Gorrad is a good person to keep alive, but if we lynch someone tonight, he'll be just as likely to hit scum as we will at night as a townie, and we can lynch him tomorrow. My only fear is if he is an SK, he knows even if he follows the night kill directive tonight, he must die tomorrow, so I don't know if it's in his best interest to try to hit town or mafia if he doesn't follow it. My guess is he would follow it for sure on the off chance someone pushes the vig idea again, so letting him live risks that if he is an SK.

It's a hard call. But what I've come down to is this, in any case, he will follow the directed kill (most likely) and he must die tomorrow on policy. Or we could lynch him today and not risk a double town kill.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Surye »

shaft.ed wrote:
Surye wrote:Well, we have plenty of time, so lets just go with the idea of finding two other candidates, and then if nothing presents it self clearly, or if more against Gorrad comes up, we can just lynch him. Either way we need more activity to move forward.
I say we examine those resistant to the Rosso lynch. Seems like a logical place to start.
Good idea, doing so now myself.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Gorrad »

Look, if I'm SK, it doesn't matter how screwed I am. I always try to win. So yeah, if you direct tonights kill I'll do so. If I didn't...I'd probably kill PEG just 'cause. But that's not a problem because I would following the kill.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Surye wrote:EBWOP: And in line with that idea,
Unvote
however, I would like to say I don't think Gorrad is a good person to keep alive, but if we lynch someone tonight, he'll be just as likely to hit scum as we will at night as a townie, and we can lynch him tomorrow. My only fear is if he is an SK, he knows even if he follows the night kill directive tonight, he must die tomorrow, so I don't know if it's in his best interest to try to hit town or mafia if he doesn't follow it. My guess is he would follow it for sure on the off chance someone pushes the vig idea again, so letting him live risks that if he is an SK.

It's a hard call. But what I've come down to is this, in any case, he will follow the directed kill (most likely) and he must die tomorrow on policy. Or we could lynch him today and not risk a double town kill.
Meh I don't know Gorrad's play very well, but if he's a SK his only miniscule chance of winning is to perform a directed kill. I also still leave about a 10-15% chance that he is in fact a pro-town vig, in which case he would abide by the town's judgement or perhaps take a shot in the dark if he feels the consensus wrong.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Surye »

Elias_the_thief wrote:I seem to remember Rosso playing like this before, but I'm not certain.
Anyways, I'm gonna be gone until Monday.
Already stated I did not like this post, it seems like he was hoping his non-vote would prevent a deadline lynch, and he setup an alibi for not having to take responsibility. Note it's wednesday and we have yet to hear from him.

I'm liking Tar right now. If he were scum, he would have had a prime oppertunity to bus an already doomed buddy, but instead he helped prevent a no-lynch while not just "going with the wagon".

FoS: Elias
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Surye »

Surye wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:I seem to remember Rosso playing like this before, but I'm not certain.
Anyways, I'm gonna be gone until Monday.
Already stated I did not like this post, it seems like he was hoping his non-vote would prevent a deadline lynch, and he setup an alibi for not having to take responsibility. Note it's wednesday and we have yet to hear from him.

I'm liking Tar right now. If he were scum, he would have had a prime oppertunity to bus an already doomed buddy, but instead he helped prevent a no-lynch while not just "going with the wagon".

FoS: Elias
Then again Tar posted when it would not have mattered, but I still get some pro-town feel from it.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:27 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Elias was in fact away from the site over that period. I wouldn't use conspiracy theories, though general concerns are valid.

Tar has obvious mechanistic reasons for being believalbe as town.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Though I'm not overly excited, I accept the direct-Gorrad-kill plan. I'll need a reread find who else are lynch candidates.
The end justifies the means.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Kison »

the silent speaker wrote:I wouldn't consider it bastardmoddery as long as there are no disadvantages to the role -- it's basically a naive cop with no risk of getting an innocent read on a scum -- but I think Gorrad needs to get voted regardless of which he is, unless we want to just assume he's the SK and allow him to live so long as his kills are directed. Dunno if that would be a great idea though, though I tend to like that sort of risk-taking.
No no no, that's not what I'm saying. Though I guess since I actually am sitting down and thinking about what I said, bastard moddery wouldn't really qualify in this case. I was more or less pointing out that "chainsawing" is typically a Serial Killer MI(right?). Giving that MI to a vigilante would throw people off.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Surye »

I'd like to hear from Elias soon.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Guardian wrote:Gorrad[1] (
Toaster Strudel
)
Xtoxm[1] (
pickemgenius
)
shaft.ed[1] (Tarhalindur)

Not Voting[3]: (
the silent speaker
, Rosso Carne,
elias_the_thief
)
OK given that I believe Tar, and Rosso is dead. the bolded players above need to go under the microscope. I think good odds on scum being amongst those four.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

and I choose the silent speaker

vote: the silent speaker
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Surye »

shaft.ed wrote:and I choose the silent speaker

Hmm... any particular motivation? I see his isolated posts makes up less then a page, so I may do another full rundown in a bit tonight.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Surye wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:and I choose the silent speaker

Hmm... any particular motivation? I see his isolated posts makes up less then a page, so I may do another full rundown in a bit tonight.
I'd like to see if anyone else sees what I'm seeing before I tell you my reasoning.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:47 pm

If you see that I sided with Adel over ABR, yeah, I backed the wrong pony there. In some slight defense, I believe Elias and farside (now Toaster) did too, so at least that's not unique to me.

I was looking through farside's posts and I saw some things that bugged me. I'll try to put up a proper case over the coming week.
Elias I'm neutralish on. Will reread him.
I don't think a pickem wagon is likely to be helpful.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”