April Title Event: Entitlement

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #0) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Fumuki »

VOTE: enter
VOTE: Dr.worm

I can be convinced to vote someone else as well if they explain a bit more their titles
(As known as Shirou aka Lazy Shirou aka Bunno aka Churros aka Rainn aka Buki aka Nibbui aka Volpe14)
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #1) » Thu May 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Fumuki »

In post 255, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 250, Fumuki wrote:explain a bit more their titles
Mine is from this
Anna I think you're a cool person but I don't know you very well and from what I know, I find "All work and roleplay" really the most fitting title for you for now. Sorry?

VOTE: Ceejay

I kind of genuinely like Ceejay title? But I feel like "Loose Cannon" is too much of a bad connotation to his play. I think he is sometimes a bit of a "loose cannon", however he also sometimes has unexpectedly very good reads in the game.

I'm not a native english speaker so I'm not sure if "Loose Cannon" is too negative. I just find that he's often a bit of a wildcard in the games, for better or for worse, and that's a title idea I could get behind.

Maybe I'm taking this thing too seriously though.
(As known as Shirou aka Lazy Shirou aka Bunno aka Churros aka Rainn aka Buki aka Nibbui aka Volpe14)
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #2) » Thu May 02, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by Fumuki »

VOTE: GuyInFreezer

I don't know exactly why, but I also feel like "Magical Girl" is a fitting title for GiF.
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #3) » Thu May 02, 2019 9:37 pm

Post by Fumuki »

VOTE: Dr.Worm
VOTE: Enter
VOTE: Ceejay

I think these are the best titles out there.
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #4) » Thu May 02, 2019 9:38 pm

Post by Fumuki »

@Mastina, how this work? if someone gets to 5 or 6 votes, do they already get the title or it needs to be reviewed by you?
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #5) » Sun May 05, 2019 3:42 am

Post by Fumuki »

have been reading some games/setup discussion and...

VOTE: bulletNlynchproof

It's a genuinely fitting title for him. He has quite a few micro games and setup discussion about original micro setups that always have some mechanical quirk on it.
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #6) » Sun May 05, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Fumuki »

In post 288, xyzzy wrote:mastina: can we change our votes? there are such overwhelmingly large numbers on two of these that people on those ones could easily move their votes elsewhere if they'd like without those ones dropping beneath the threshold.
about that, I
really
hate be the fun police but here's my opinion:

I don't think that the objective of this event should be to approve lots of titles, but to approve fitting, good and creative titles that the community likes however that coincidentally were made by the scummers themselves.

I'm not of the opinion that titles need to be this very very very special and rare thing, I have been in lots of internet forums and in all of these the people themselves were the ones to choose their "titles", and that was cool and normal.
However
, specifically in this site, there has been such a long and cherished tradition about gifting titles that dates to way way back as far as I know.

Approving a lot of titles that just aren't that good/fitting/creative or even that supported by the community only for the sake of having more titles, is kind of against the spirit of the tradition and what titles represent in this specific site I would say?

I mean, having more titles would be really cool, but having too many that are there "just because", wouldn't go against about the spirit of the whole thing?

I feel like the fact that there's only a handful of titles that are very popular, it's due to the fact that the community support the most those titles. Mastina said that this kind of event might happen periodically from now on, so the people that didn't get much support for their title this time will have later a new chance to put forward an even more expressive, cool and fitting one.

Again, I really hate to be the fun police, but in my opinion trying to distribute the votes to get as many titles approved as possible, it's quite not right. In my opinion instead of a pre-fixed threshold, the approved titles should simply be decided based on a threshold proportional to the ratio between the total number of votes in the event vs the number of votes in that title, because that's how you see which titles the community as a whole is really supporting. We've around 6 votes, but people might have cast only 2 or 3 for a reason.
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #7) » Sun May 05, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Fumuki »

That said there's really too many votes in only Enter/Dr.Worm

I guess some other titles definitely deserve more love

also

VOTE: kittymo

now that I understood what their title is about, it's pretty cool!
Fumuki
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Fumuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #8) » Sun May 05, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Fumuki »

looking back I had forgot about this one as well

VOTE: guyinfreezer

Return to “Player Titles”