Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6681 (isolation #600) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Pine I still don't understand why you were mad at me and I'd appreciate if you took the time to explain it now that the game is over.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6692 (isolation #601) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:15 am

Oh and uh I got a lot of shit from Tammy for not being towny and getting townread but like. I can be Towny by play to infinity and it's not going to matter when people know I'm good as scum. How towny I play is essentially irrelevant so there's not much point in trying to be towny. I played to win via the roleblocker spec and no efforting at the correct points as scum doesn't really interfere with that win condition. Just because it seems obvious that I'm scum from spoiled dead and it feels like everyone else should scumread me knowing what you know, doesn't mean I'm scummy in the context of the game.

If you're implying that somehow I'm leveraging [being me] to be an advantage rather than a disadvantage as scum via [people being too scared of earning my ire by scumreading me] that's really not how being a notorious scum player works. Also I've never held someone correctly scumreading me against them and I've spent years encouraging people to actually put the effort in to learn to read me which they largely haven't.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6694 (isolation #602) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:16 am

Wait I'm a Titus alt as well.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6704 (isolation #603) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:43 am

In post 6699, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Also, nothing really off about your reads or play either. Like in GS you pushed nonsense like Maria venge and Titus reveal. Where as I really did expect Pine to flip scum, so I could see town!you making the exact same reads.
that's because this game, though townsided, was significantly less townsided than gameshow
i could get away with pushing for only things that seemed very believably town motivated in this game and still have enough mislynches to win the game
gameshow required... a little flexibility around pushing for things that were clearly either terrible play or scum, or allowing such things to pass.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6706 (isolation #604) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:46 am

gameshow required me to convince town (with Titus's help) to kill a lot of hilariously town players

getting bef/oka in that dance setup was absolute bullshit that no one should have stood for
then getting clemency/pink ball in the veto was...

i had to open wolf to push enough scumsided plays to win gameshow. this game i didn't have to do anything that wasn't at the very least a reasonable play coming from town.
Maybe RC's troll title is bad if he feels people don't actually try to read him
actually it wasn't put in as a troll title, it was submitted as a serious title.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6707 (isolation #605) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:48 am

that's kind of why i detest the way that most people judge scum play. if you got away with being super towny as scum it's because you had a really easy game.
what's hard as scum is scum-pushing and successfully mislynching a bunch of townie people and still being townread.

i feel like a lot of people are more impressed by games where town self destructed and scum got away with being universal townreads because town pushed all their mislynches for them.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6710 (isolation #606) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:58 am

I mean part of being scum is totally baiting scum to self destruct. but i'm more referring to games where scum players (Katsuki style) just floated on by being null-town while everyone below them got lynched and then they won and they get oohs and aahs, whereas games like this one where I entirely reframed town's approach to the mechanics of the game in a way that made me locktown to the players in the game I get criticized for because I wasn't actually trying to 'look towny' by posting a bunch of thoughtful wallposts or LAMISTING by pretending I didn't know exactly who I wanted lynched. Towntelling is the least useful scum skill once you're "good" at scum and it's the one that people seem to obsess over. I also got shit on by dead townies in civ mafia where I replaced in with 2 scum being wagoned and one being the designated lynch and from that point on the only scum that got wagoned from there to endgame was me, and only because I was the one making mislynches happen.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6713 (isolation #607) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:09 am

In post 6711, Tammy wrote:. I thought you were pretty scummy for it, though I do know that accusing people of cheating when they haven't or wouldn't is not beyond you, so I wasn't 100% on it making you scum.

Would you like to discuss this with me?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6714 (isolation #608) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 am

In post 6711, Tammy wrote:Your "paranoia" at end of day read fake as shit to me, and your insinuating Pine would play on an alt to cheat was over the top, rude, and extremely disrespectful.
Fake as shit is one thing, and I killed your slot for a reason.

Querying the mod [is this cheating] is not the same as saying [this is cheating and Pine would do it] and I make extremely careful plays around every possibility as both alignments as me not hammering to consider the possibility of not winning post hammer should attest.

I don't believe I ever implied Pine -would- cheat and if I did that wasn't my intention.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6716 (isolation #609) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:15 am

In post 6712, Bitmap wrote:What's the point of tryharding scum when you can float null-town and have a big town personality run down their scum list and lynch there?
Least effort possible to win is good but it doesn't make your play spectacularly impressive on its own.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6717 (isolation #610) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 am

I forgot about that and it does make me feel differently about you saying that. I have definitely at different periods felt like certain players were just not trying to sort me even if I can't prove the reason. Definitely not what happened here though; not the playerlist where that happens.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6720 (isolation #611) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:24 am

It doesn't even have to be by the hair of your nose, what matters is what you actually did that stands out.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6726 (isolation #612) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:30 am

In post 6721, Tammy wrote:I would probably yeah
I have a lot to do for the next couple of days. I'll message you Sunday?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6730 (isolation #613) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:34 am

In post 6727, chennisden wrote:Like.

RC talked about scum's win con.

I don't know how you'd focus on that if you weren't scum.
I always pay attention to scums wincondition as both alignments.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6737 (isolation #614) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:05 am

Claiming JK would have been an autoloss

It was obvious the roleblocker had to be scum both balance and targets wise
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6738 (isolation #615) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:09 am

It's almost always incorrect to claim roleblocker as roleblocker, it was super super helpful to have it on a role with a confirmed night action
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6744 (isolation #616) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:17 am

Scum roleblocker is an ultra high power role

It's almost impossible to disguise that it's a scum role at massclaim
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6760 (isolation #617) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:26 pm

His winrate is low because he gets n1ed
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6768 (isolation #618) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:52 pm

In post 6767, Jingle wrote:
In post 6664, RadiantCowbells wrote:Jingle was talking in dead thread about trying to prevent us from losing if PP flipped but he was only considering that during the day based on Roleblocker!PP
True enough. I still would almost certainly have lynched you over ofhrz there and had 100% locktowned mastina and ausuka over the night phase. Good timing on shooting me. :(
It's very easy to state this in violation of your stayed reads.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6769 (isolation #619) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Stated reads. Etc. I almost left you alive, killing you wasn't a thing that had to happen. Don't think you would have fared as well in practice as you claim in theory.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6792 (isolation #620) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:24 pm

So I kinda forgot the game was happening, but I've played this setup a couple times in sitechat before, (and modded them, too) and usually it doesn't matter who gets lynched first, just because if you get town, you get a confirmed townie, and most of the time by the first couple minutes based on who's working with who and so on and so forth. I saw the votecount and it looked like it was him or you. I knew if I voted you I'd either get scum and p much win, or I'd get town and you'd shoot him (killing scum). That's how it goes pretty much every time. So I flipped a coin that would only land heads up.

I get this setup mixed up a lot, though, with SS3 (and also every time I skim this I think townies are perma one-shot lynchproof) which is why I posted like I did at beginning of day 2. I know you know I'm town, cuz if you didn't think I was, you'd have shot me yesterday. Let's lynch RC and win this thing for the homies?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”