Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3181 (isolation #602) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Menalque »

I think bingle makes it into the category of people I don’t feel bad about losing because of following them
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3182 (isolation #603) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3167, Bingle wrote:Hot take, soft preference on lynch order is Ico > Datisi. Thoughts?
How would you feel about doing amrun first instead?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3185 (isolation #604) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3170, Bingle wrote:0-1 scum in mena/Amrun means 2-3 scum in Ico/datisi/dw/alim.

Dw feels like the unpopular consensus, but is being pushed by both Ico and datisi, which means he’s very unlikely to be pushed by a pure wagon. The fact that it’s a well, I guess wagon makes it an unlikely bus.

Alim is getting shot tonight.

Does anyone feel strongly about any of these points being wrong? If so, why?
DW is also being pushed by amrun, and harder than by datisi iirc

I also have some doubts about icon based on the interaction we had a few pages ago but it may be real time bias
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3186 (isolation #605) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Menalque »

I also don’t really see datisi and think that if icon is scum amrun makes by far the most sense there

And i don’t really know what you’re seeing that’s scummy in dats beyond for instance alim, although I see how that’s a moot point if you’re shooting him

You realise that if we lynch scum today and alim is town tho then shooting him auto loses?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3188 (isolation #606) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Menalque »

Wait I thought he said that was a meme?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3190 (isolation #607) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Menalque »

Yeah I thought he’d then said later that that was a meme but maybe I got mixed up
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3192 (isolation #608) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Menalque »

@bingle i need to sleep bc exhausted but I’ll case amrun tomorrow afternoon/evening if you can wait
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3193 (isolation #609) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3191, Datisi wrote:Icon said that N3 roses are a meme
Okay I think I may have just mixed up who was calling what a meme
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3200 (isolation #610) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Menalque »

Okay, but consider this: she’s scum
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3201 (isolation #611) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Menalque »

Here’s how I see it:

I think there is a more compelling individual case for amrun being scum than anyone else rn

Both in terms of her play today and throughout the game

If I’m right and she’s scum, then that softclears me imo

So even though you will inevitably be shot tonight then we’ll still have someone who is able to lead (me) in a position where scum can no longer really push them

If scum have got a gun left we’re fucked anyway I think? Unless you shoot scum as well tonight in which case it would go directly to 3p lylo
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3202 (isolation #612) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Menalque »

I’m passing out rn but I’ll case tomorrow if you’ll listen
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3247 (isolation #613) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3210, Amrun wrote:Oh I was dyslexic for a minute.

I was trying to get icon to show me why he thinks you’re town, because I want to see what he says, since in that moment I trusted him most as town.

I fucking hate misreading in LyLo. It haunts me. I hate having poor reads in general and this game has just been the shits for me in that regard. That S_S townflip and then texcat slot being the gun really hurt my soul. Of course I would re-evaluate.

Menalque is scummy for saying it’s scummy to re-evaluate in this gamestate, in fact.
Anyone who isn’t re-evaluating like him is probably scum.

err what

I never said this

can you stop misrepping me or are you literally incapable

I said, very explicitly, that the way you reversed on datisi in order to start pushing me wasn't believable

I never said that reversals are scummy in general, and would obviously wasn't going to seeing as I came in doubting my read on gamma slot and I've been going back and forth all day as to whether dats can have hard fooled me all day or not

icon has also done the swing from scum to less scum to moderate scum now that bingle isn't hard town reading me and I don't feel like I'm being gaslighted by everyone talking about him being a beacon of towniness

alim went from fairly town to relatively scummy for me on the basis of icon associations, but if icon
is
town then he's also +town I think? but then that makes it exactly you/DW/dats which is hard to believe esp given the fact that you seem
incredibly
invested in trying to steer the lynch onto DW

and then I think DW is possibly the most town here actually from the way you've been trying to flip things onto her

plus I think you/icon/alim makes more sense as a team than you/dats/DW
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3248 (isolation #614) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3211, Amrun wrote:Like I have two choices. Commit to my poor reads in hopes it doesn’t get me lynched since at least I know I am town. OR actually try to ensure our lynch hits scum, even though that’s so difficult with 3 scum left. In order to achieve B, I have to accept that my lease of the game is definitely skewed, so I have to step back and figure out where I went wrong.

Right now I think I went wrong right on day 1, for giving a Menalque an easy townread I didn’t question enough later, and especially for not fighting hard enough for a DogWatch wagon. I let it go in later days for poor reasoning, but when I first voted DogWatch, I really liked that vote, maybe more than any other vote besides S_S and gamma/texcat that I had all game.
I need to double check this again in ISO but if you felt so good about DW!scum why didn't you follow it up more on later days and instead redivert onto ddl + SS only to now bring it back up in lylo?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3249 (isolation #615) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Menalque »

bc I think that you were counting on gamma slot as an easy winning mislynch, but had DW as a backup push that you could support by saying "no look, I SR her all game!" despite never wanting to take the heat for pushing her bc you could get behind pushes on town slots that you weren't responsible for and fly utr

for instance, my push on ddl and then GL being the one who made SS happen
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3250 (isolation #616) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3217, alimdia wrote:@Amrun what do you think about my statement on the last day and today that one of you/Mena must be scum?
why not ask me this too?

and also I mean idk about must but this seems overwhelmingly likely given that I have a green role PM and I'm p sure amrun doesn't
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3251 (isolation #617) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3220, Iconeum wrote:one of datisi/menal

alim/amrun

and DW

I don't think menal/amrun fit the scumteam

Bjingle
you think that amrun/dats/DW makes sense as the scumteam?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3252 (isolation #618) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3226, Amrun wrote:
In post 3221, Iconeum wrote:
In post 3213, Amrun wrote:Alimdia, you too seem to not be fluid enough in your reads and questioning my re-evaluation, which I don’t like. But still slightly different from the way Menalque is doing it.
Amrun, of all players left alive, who do you feel is not really interested in sorting/reevaluation?
Without question, menal/alim/DW
okay, why
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3257 (isolation #619) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3230, Amrun wrote:We all need to ask ourselves who was left alive today, and why.

Are we the mislynch? Or the designated pusher/supporter of the mislynched? If so, who was the target?

Gamma was the target I think, which is harder since he was such an easy one, but to pretend backup plans didn’t exist is silly.

Mine is sooo easy... I was left alive to champion the gamma lynch, and to be a backup mislynch. Datisi was supportive of both of these lynches, so she fits. Menalque seems to fit this bill too, though less well.

Actually the one that stands out in this one is Ico. But alim/DW are just kinda .... there. Which means they’re probably scum.
this has the ring of truth to it I think, but I think that's prob because I can see this being literally the discussion that was had in the scumPT and then adapted for here

like, gamma was probably the target, and I think dats/I was the backup plan (hence amrun opening with "I have paranoia on menal" and her SR on dats being restated), which if icon is town fits with him being hard pocketed by amrun, or if scum that scum had just decided to commit to the distancing in case it went tits up

I think DW may have been the back up back up, or the alternative backup depending on where the gun was (or maybe they were thinking DW was gun and wanted to not push too hard there? and then she became viable again after the rose claim)

leaving alim who I guess is prob scum here as he stands out?

also the fact that you're literally making an analysis post where you're going "icon sticks out" while still pushing me as a member of the scumteam is just lol

or if you're town then it's just smh
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3258 (isolation #620) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3235, Amrun wrote:
In post 3233, Iconeum wrote:
In post 3230, Amrun wrote:We all need to ask ourselves who was left alive today, and why.

Are we the mislynch? Or the designated pusher/supporter of the mislynched? If so, who was the target?

Gamma was the target I think, which is harder since he was such an easy one, but to pretend backup plans didn’t exist is silly.

Mine is sooo easy... I was left alive to champion the gamma lynch, and to be a backup mislynch. Datisi was supportive of both of these lynches, so she fits. Menalque seems to fit this bill too, though less well.

Actually the one that stands out in this one is Ico. But alim/DW are just kinda .... there. Which means they’re probably scum.
This post screams town to me lol

Also been thinking about this, and this is exactly why I think menal is town. He opened the day by softly towning gamma, which is bleh for scum!menal to do.
I know I'm not dead because of the mislynch bait Ico meme, which isn't actually a meme but hard reality i just call it a meme to feel better
With a previous rose claim, I feel like scum could have been going for the town cred thinking they gamma lynch was inevitable. But.... it’s a good point actually. :c
yes, scum!me would have been going for the towncred instead of the win at start of day...
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3259 (isolation #621) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3237, Iconeum wrote:
In post 2286, GuiltyLion wrote:I think if we have like a Datisi/GL/Menalque/alimdia town block, that leaves Gamma/DogWatch/Amrun/S_S/Ico as a scum pool

DogWatch is actually maybe my strongest townread in that latter pool right now. if Gamma is the designated mislynch today then that leaves Amrun/S_S/Ico, which doesn't feel like a horrifically wrong solve

all those assumptions need to be right, but I definitely like that game state view more than simply parking a vote on Gamma
i know this incriminates me as well, but I think it's important to look at why GL was the NK
I mean like this is strongly indicative of you or amrun imo, and I think GL would be a high priority kill here as he was doing a good job of getting the lynches he wanted

so letting him lead then killing him before he could lead on you would be solid play

what's your read on the implications of this for why GL was the NK? instead of just saying "it's important to look at why" I want to know what your actual analysis of it is
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3263 (isolation #622) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Menalque »

we still have a day, no? it's happening tonight but once I get on laptop
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3271 (isolation #623) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Menalque »

@bingle I've got my amrun case partially done but bc of the way I do cases I don't have quotes in there yet as supporting evidence, just comments from reading her ISO

do you want me to post what I have now and find the bits which are evidence tomorrow or are you good with waiting for me to finish it tomorrow (I'm off work and planning to do it in the morning)?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3272 (isolation #624) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Menalque »

hurry up and decide tho bc me posting it in the morning once it's finished is gonna become the default in about 5 minutes once I've brushed my teeth and got a glass of water
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3273 (isolation #625) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Menalque »

okay lights out so finishing and posting it tomorrow
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3333 (isolation #626) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:16 am

Post by Menalque »

amrun case incoming soon

quotes sourced for 1/5 sections
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3340 (isolation #627) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:32 am

Post by Menalque »

okay here we go, it's finally done

Amrun case:

okay, so I've tried to split this into various parts where each bit explains what I think is scummy about the amrun progression with quotes from the game as illustration of the points

Creature:

so amrun's approach to creature is to begin by saying that as game goes on, he's likely to become easier to read and that he's a good option for sorting later

she also immediately tries to redivert any pressure from DW about an association onto creature instead of on her

and she's also conflict avoidant here in a weird way, considering her later progressions around DW -- she calls her push on amrun at first potentially NAI, but then moves into the SR on DW. more on this later tho

another thing here is I think there's a contradiction in familiarity here: she talks about "extremely typical" creature posts. I think that's the sort of read you make when you feel you have a good grasp on someone's meta, but when creature becoming substantially townier by the end of D1 is brought up to her on D2 she claims her meta is out of date and that I prob know better than she does

Spoiler:
In post 284, Amrun wrote:
In post 283, DogWatch wrote:
In post 281, Amrun wrote:He calls out creature for something and then commits the exact same offense very quickly by voting Iconeum, who is, IMO, lower hanging fruit than Creature.
Do you agree that AF had any sort of point against Creature though? Since you word it as an offense? I do see what you're saying about AF tbf
I do,
I just think scum would be more worried about how they appear and that Creature will sort himself as the game goes on.
In other words, Creature seems like he doesn’t gaf and was posting whatever popped into his mind and probably forgot about AF in that moment.

AF, on the other hand, seems to me like he cares how he comes off - a lot.
---
In post 390, Amrun wrote:
In post 388, DogWatch wrote:
In post 330, Menalque wrote:
In post 285, Amrun wrote:In other words, I can very easily see AF’s posting as scum motivated; attempt to capitalize on obvious town mistakes, but place vote on most likely mislynch. Obviously that’s untrue if Ico ends up flipping scum. I’m null on him currently.
Also as I look at this it actually seems kind of perspective slippy? Like calling AFF out for capitalising on “obvious town mistakes” sounds a little too much like she knows they’re town, esp considering her null read on icon? Plus calling icon the most likely mislynch
This is exactly what I couldn't put my finger on when Amrun answered my questions last night. I think if you're going to label what Creature did as the "exact same offense" then you'd be scumreading him too regardless of who AF voted for. The more I think about it, AF seems more and more town and Amrun/Creature are looking more sus. There's been two instances of Amrun turning suspicion away from Creature, once when she voted almidia for his vote on Creature and then again in post 284. Like I'm having a hard time articulating it exactly but it seems to come from the perspective of someone who knows Creature's posts were kinda scummy, acknowledges it because she has to, but doesn't want to follow up on it.

VOTE: Amrun

This is a terrible post.

A) What Creature did and what AF are similar, but not exactly the same; even if they were exactly the same, it is absolutely fine to read people differently for doing the same thing.
I never found what Creature did scummy
; I found what AF did scummy because he supposedly thought what Creature did was scummy and then turned around and did it himself more egregiously.

B)
Creature’s posts are not scummy. They are extremely typical creature posts.
I think creature is more likely to flip town than scum, but creature has not received any significant pressure, so this part is nonsensical. I’m defending him from what? For what purpose? WHY would I, as scum, think Creature was scummy but not want to follow up on it? Why would I do that as town?

The only feasible response is that you think I am scum with creature.
Therefore, why wouldn’t you vote Creature? By your own logic, my scumminess is predicated upon this so-called avoidance of wanting to pursue him, therefore Creature should be flipped firs
t.

You seem to be an odd duck that matches to your own drummer, so I’m not sure yet that any of this is NAI.
However, it is still bad.

---

so we've gone from creature's posting being not scummy to creature being potentially scum -- why? bc creature expresses a SR on amrun and is now more dangerous to keep around or not as pocketable as previously thought

but despite this shifting on creature prob town, we still get another post about how creature will likely sort himself AND about how he'd be an excellent D1 lynch for scum -- given this, I would expect her to be resistant to a creature lynch even in the case of believing he was more likely on balance to flip scum than town

Spoiler:
In post 542, Amrun wrote:
In post 541, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 512, Creature wrote:It's prob Aaron + Amrun + someone fucking around
You really think me and Amrun are a team?
Creature might actually be scum here.
---
In post 592, Amrun wrote:
I think Creature will become obvious scum in time if he is scum. I wouldn’t cry at his lynch but if he IS town, I think it would be scum’s wet dream to lynch him day 1.
In post 718, Amrun wrote:
In post 716, GuiltyLion wrote:you also didn't really answer my question. I don't want why you think I could be scum, I want why you think I'm
more
likely scum than the non-entities or the people avoiding commenting on your wagon in any way whatsoever. I completely disagree that my vote did not advance the game and therefore I think your point about "dead weight" zone of my vote is kinda just sophist bs
I think there’s scum off the wagon too. At least one, probably two.

Right at this second my top pick for that would be creature
and/or alimdah.

then here we have more attempts to keep distance from the lynch, but couched in justifications

he's "higher than random chance of being scum" why? bc he's "being wilfully obstinate"

I don't think this is a plausible reason to SR creature given that he IS stubborn, and amrun has claimed meta with him at this point and KNOWS this and thinks that he's a slot who will resolve one way in the other the longer he's in the game

so why would you want to lynch him D1? bc him being stubborn is exactly what's a problem for amrun scum in that he would keep pushing her and being a thorn in her side throughout the game. I think this is also the start of a trend of amrun being down to lynch anyone who expresses doubt on her slot rather than considering very much if they're town that could be wrong

also the suggestion that he's ellitelling, but not followed up on

talks about potentially supporting ddl (which I think given everything else she said should have been a much better wagon fhpov but which she largely looked for reasons to avoid getting onto, despite then voting him D2)

Spoiler:
In post 800, Amrun wrote:I would lynch Creature today tbh. I think it’s not the most informational lynch but does have a
higher than random chance of being scum
so it’s ok with me.
---
In post 820, Amrun wrote:I’d also compromise on DDL. DDL is here and voting/talking at least,
whereas creature is being willfully obstinate.

And idk of ego boost or what but I felt slightly better about my last interaction with DDL.
---
In post 854, Amrun wrote:@GL: Because ew. Why would you ask for towncred like that? I was actually thinking you would improve on a red creature flip and now I don’t, because it reads like a bus.

@all:
Creature is posting elsewhere on site FWIW

P-edit:
I can be spiritually on DDL as well.
I’m willing to vote on that wagon.

then she gets onto creature here, and when creature starts to look town keeps finding excuses

instead of really engaging with the question of whether creature going hyperposty (definitely town indicative and identified as such by me, Pret, someone else I can't remember) she avoids it and makes a comment on creature/AFF

then reiterates that creature is her top preference when again I don't think this is consistent with her earlier opinions about his readability and willingness to do ddl

this is also relevant because she later shades me for not pushing ddl as hard as I pushed her, but this is sleight of hand to put the responsibility entirely on me. if she thought creature was self-resolving and that ddl was an equally good Lynch, why didn't she help me at all to get him done on D1 instead?

Spoiler:
In post 1027, Amrun wrote:VOTE: Creature
In post 1194, Amrun wrote:
In post 1193, Pretentious wrote:Told you creature would post a lot once he got closer to being lynched
Has it made him appear more town? I’m not sure.

It has, however, made it clear that creature/af isn’t SvS.
---
In post 1209, Amrun wrote:I think I’d most like to lynch creature today.

after town!creature flip immediately gets to work on distancing herself from it, and pivoting into position to be on ddl

I think the bottom also could be fishing for a gun soft, suggesting a gun should claim it if it was a townvig

this doesn't really make sense to me as an intuitive judgement, that he may have been a townvig, as opposed to which scum!slot is likely to shoot Pret N1 (which is the thought process both SS and I had)

I think there's a lot of setting up on SS to be had here, and I think it's worrying re:icon that she pushes both datisi and SS who were in Sally's reads as scum but completely reverses that trend on icon -- will go into this in more depth in the icon section

Spoiler:
In post 1451, Amrun wrote:
In post 1450, GuiltyLion wrote:Oh one other thing I wanna say though, part of my reason for scumreading Amrun initially that I couldnt mention was her early game felt very different to me than her play in the High Noon micro game we just finished where I was townreading her, but she flipped scum in that game so ?? I think that makes her more likely town in this game lol

That’s why?! That’s funny.

The more DogWatch posts, the more I tonally think she’s town, but I don’t really have anything to say about the posts she mentioned. Except
I agree that scum was pushing me
(somewhere, I need to analyze with new flips in mind);
and that Creature’s lynch was probably pretty safe and blend-y for scum
In post 1605, Amrun wrote:I just re-read the entirety of d1 hoping for new clarity.

I didn’t really get it, but it still wasn’t a total waste of time.

My scumread on texcat really firmed up.

DDL slot seems worse on review; his progression on me didn’t seem very natural.
I forgot he came into the game townreading me. I believe he inned for me and remembers my old glory days, but he may well have rolled scum here. It’s still relatively weaker than some other reads because it would have been easier to try and pocket me as scum in this way.

I feel better about Ico’s slot. The play is erratic but doesn’t seem scum motivated.

My townread on S_S slightly weakened; I felt minmeldy at post 1039, but 1052 feels a little bit like a perspective slip if Ico ever flips town. My townread on AF got a little murky but I don’t want to revisit that for now.

Pret’s professed scumreads: Datisi, texcat
Pret’s professed townreads: GL, Amrun, S_S (weak)

This would be more helpful if we could be sure this wasn’t a townvig, but Sal literally called for town to vig Pret upon creature townflip so... sigh

Sal’s reads are all ochem the place. I feel like the slots most likely to be threatened by him are: Iconeum, Datisi, and S_S. S_S he specifically said to be wary of on a Creature townflip. Other lesser threats would be DogWatch, DDL, and GL, though he changed stances there several times.

she also begins to discredit creature/his reads here, including what I think are pretty open misreps of his play which I called out at the time too

there's more positioning on SS too -- he goes into her Lynch pool but "not near the top of it" only to then be voted for next day, where she limps on gamma!slot and dats, not really advocating for either of them only to vote SS right after he becomes a viable mislynch

Spoiler:
In post 1658, Amrun wrote:
In post 1339, Creature wrote:Still DW is scummy
In post 1340, Creature wrote:SS can be scum, but Amrun and AF gotta go first
In post 1345, Creature wrote:Salamence is a spice shot I endorse
In post 1347, Creature wrote:Is Iconeum talking that much in the scum thread?

Creature professed quite a lot of scumreads at the end, including DogWatch, yourself, and his LAST scumreads were Salamence and Iconeum.
So just literally what the fuck.
---
In post 1659, Amrun wrote:
In post 1657, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1654, Amrun wrote:You aren’t making a genuine attempt to sort me at all, though. :/
I did, but didn't get very far. I'd rather trust Creature's attempt to sort you, at least for now.
Creature didn’t attempt to do shit, with anyone, which is why his dying reads were clearly a garbage pile on fire
. He couldn’t have been more disengaged with this game.
---
In post 1668, Amrun wrote:I do think he maintained those scumreads the best, but he also, by his own admission, “forgot” he scumread Aaron which put him under fire initially.

It’s creature, and a severely under engaged creature. Yes, he said those things, but he also said a LOT of other things.
And the LAST thing he said before he died was that Ico/Sal were scum together.

P-edit: Up until my re-read I had a fairly strong townread on you.
I don’t really care about the fact that you’re voting me - it could be anyone - but it’s severely damaging that townread because it’s so poorly reasoned for a player I understood to be extremely analytical. And you also casually dropped what turned out to be a blatant sheep in the middle of a good faith conversation with me. I assumed it came from the conversation, which isn’t scummy in and of itself, but like I said, you don’t seem to be internally consistent with yourself, which bothers me a lot.

I would drop you into my lynch pool for this, but you’re still not near the top of it

again, this doesn't seem to jive with her early comments regarding his meta where she was presenting as p familiar with him. also committing a personal scum tell of mine which is making excuses for being disengaged with the game

I think that while creature isn't entirely sortable on post count anymore, he is still broadly sortable by high post count as town -- it's just that lurk!creature can be either alignment

there's also the back off here -- "oopsie I guess you know him better my bad" -- so why not ask about these on D1 when Pret and I were *correctly* TRing creature and try to figure it out. again, how does this make sense as an approach to someone who you claim will be sortable as day goes on and who at least two people are expressing solid TRs on

Spoiler:
In post 1671, Amrun wrote:
In post 1669, Something_Smart wrote:Why did Creature make 80 posts in two days if he was disengaged?
Have you met Creature? I know enough to know that post count is meaningless for him.

I don’t really have a ton of experience with him so maybe I shouldn’t be talking like that, but, perhaps Creature and I have different definitions of “engaged,” too.
I myself have had a very difficult time engaging with this particular game, but I’m getting there.

My point is, though, that I try to take into account dead players’ reads, as referenced up thread, but I have never, ever been tempted to let them supplant my own reads. Not once.
---
In post 1971, Amrun wrote:
In post 1964, Menalque wrote:
In post 1938, Amrun wrote:
In post 1857, Menalque wrote:so actually I did reread creature's ISO and I think he was very clearly engaged and trying to get reads on multiple players by the end of day

would you disagree with that assessment @amrun

He picked it up, yes,
but Creature is a high post rate player no matter what he’s playing. I find post count irrelevant.
I also think all his reads at the end when he “seemed” more engaged were really, really bad.
well no, I don't agree

I think that creature being lurky isn't really AI for him, but I've consistently only seen him put down big numbers as town with one exception

so I do think that him hyperposting 80 posts is certainly enough to not lynch him on D1 based on his meta and I think that scum would definitely want creature dead if they could plausibly mislynch him and no-one acknowledging that creature is a great mislynch for scum to get if possible is bad

why were his reads really bad?
In post 1965, Menalque wrote:I just disagree with tbh, I think that was creature playing normally and trying to sort
You likely have much more extensive experience with Creature, so you may well be right. However, I can only base my opinion off of my own experience, and that’s how I felt about it at the time.

And his reads were bad because I townread ALL of them.

Two are confirmed town (to me): sal, myself. The other two are icon and AF. Early game I agreed with the AF read (obviously) but now I TR AF. Iconeum I fairly strongly townread.

Time will tell, I guess.

final bit here, more shifting on SS and trying to get him to shift onto DW. I think this is similar to how she approached DW when she SR her. it's not really saying that she's town or trying to defend herself, just trying to redirect into saying basically "you're susp bc you should be going for this other person first"

Spoiler:
In post 2003, Amrun wrote:FWIW the giving up is not something I’d hang a scum case on. It’s just not going to dissuade me from voting there.

Also, S_S is bothering the shit out of me.

Creature scumread DogWatch. Your closest thing to a scumread is on DogWatch. There was a wagon on DogWatch. Why didn’t you at least poke the bear on it?

tex/gamma!slot:

the worrying thing here is I think there's been a consistent "oh, I have a SR here" regardless of what the slot has done until it was literally cleared today

but coupled with that, I don't think there's been a lot of actual interest in getting him lynched. I think this fits p much exactly with how I would expect scum to play around a slot that they're planning to bring to lylo -- keep shading, justify an eventual vote, but don't go hard on them before that point

also, NB: despite these posts she never votes him until D2, and also another pet scumtell of mine -- the accusation of lining up lynches, which is something I think scum actually quite rarely do but which I think town often sound like they're doing when considering pairings and scumteams

Spoiler:
In post 790, Amrun wrote:Ugh, don’t like texcat’s stance on me - if GL is indeed town, feels like lining up mislynches.
In post 798, Amrun wrote:
In post 794, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 790, Amrun wrote:Ugh, don’t like texcat’s stance on me - if GL is indeed town, feels like lining up mislynches.
But on the other hand if GL is lynched and flips town your lynch has basically lined itself up. It's not as though that sentiment expressed by texcat is unexpected; she's just the first to say it out loud.
A) that would be after we had an actual GL flip that was town, with real information

B)
texcat avoided giving a read at all so they don’t look bad either way

It’s gross.

@GL: yeah alimdiah’s vote there isn’t fantastic

so this is basically more just justification for the DW vote, but one thing I don't like about it is that in the catch-up is that the other slots get more explanation whereas tex gets just that her SR firmed up, but this isn't explained beyond the previous post going "I forgot how much I hated these tex posts", and also really firming up doesn't seem to fit for me with the fact that she was already calling tex as the most likely scum in her pool in 1576

Spoiler:
In post 1576, Amrun wrote:Right now I think lynching in {texcat, alimdia, DogWatch, DDL, Something_Smart, Iconeum} will yield at least 2 scum. Within that, I’d prefer texcat right at this minute. DogWatch is acceptable.
In post 1603, Amrun wrote:
In post 787, texcat wrote:As I said when I voted him, I didn't like post where he voted Datisi for pointing out that there were 3 scum. I originally thought this was just a RVS vote, but GL spent some time defending it as a serious vote. So it wasn't the actual vote that looked scummy to me, it was the way he continued to defend it as serious.

I think Amrun is town mostly based on the wagons. If GL were to flip town at some point, I'd definitely revisit Amrun.

DDL is pretty well stuck in the null column for me. I think he voted me at some point, so just my omgus instinct would move him over to slightly scummy. He's made more posts than I have, but has said less. ;-)
I forgot how much I hated this series of texcat posts.
In post 1604, Amrun wrote:VOTE: texcat
In post 1605, Amrun wrote:I just re-read the entirety of d1 hoping for new clarity.

I didn’t really get it, but it still wasn’t a total waste of time.

My scumread on texcat really firmed up

DDL slot seems worse on review; his progression on me didn’t seem very natural. I forgot he came into the game townreading me. I believe he inned for me and remembers my old glory days, but he may well have rolled scum here. It’s still relatively weaker than some other reads because it would have been easier to try and pocket me as scum in this way.

I feel better about Ico’s slot. The play is erratic but doesn’t seem scum motivated.

My townread on S_S slightly weakened; I felt minmeldy at post 1039, but 1052 feels a little bit like a perspective slip if Ico ever flips town. My townread on AF got a little murky but I don’t want to revisit that for now.

Pret’s professed scumreads: Datisi, texcat
Pret’s professed townreads: GL, Amrun, S_S (weak)

This would be more helpful if we could be sure this wasn’t a townvig, but Sal literally called for town to vig Pret upon creature townflip so... sigh.

Sal’s reads are all ochem the place. I feel like the slots most likely to be threatened by him are: Iconeum, Datisi, and S_S. S_S he specifically said to be wary of on a Creature townflip. Other lesser threats would be DogWatch, DDL, and GL, though he changed stances there several times.

here there's an effort to paint tex/gamma as active lurking or scummy lurking

but again, I don't think it's really coupled with an effort to pursue this, and that's worrying, because I think bringing a lurky slot to lylo is a solid scum play to get a game winning mislynch, and I think that most significantly, I don't really read tex as having been active lurking at all vs just not around

like there are 18 posts total in his iso, and I don't even think they're bad posts really? although that may be conf!bias from knowing now that the slot is conftown and I don't remember exactly how I felt about it earlier, but I don't think tex was screaming out scum at me or scummy lurking

there's some more distancing from it too -- "it's rare my top scumread is the lurkiest player but alas"

Spoiler:
In post 1969, Amrun wrote:
In post 1962, Menalque wrote:
In post 1937, Amrun wrote:
In post 1854, Menalque wrote:
In post 1650, Amrun wrote:I keep expecting S_S to explain that naked vote on me, but nope. Just hangin out for presumably no reason.

I strongly townread GL now, fwiw. On day 1 I could not follow his train of thought in a genuine way. D2, with the realization that he was comparing it so specifically to high noon, I do.

Menalque, why are you categorizing DogWatch as a lurker? I don’t.
because she has the lowest posts of everyone in the game aside from alim and tex/gamma!slot

I just checked and she had only 3 more posts than alim at the time that you posted this and he hasn't posted in 3 days so my question back to you is why don't you think that's lurky?
Eh, she’s been present for every major game state IIRC. Whenever she posts, it’s content. Not everyone is a spammer. That aspect doesn’t bother me.
eh, I'll reread, I'd say she's had a very low thread presence imo which is lurky

do you consider lurky to be inherently scummy?
I guess it depends on your definition of lurking. If you’re simply comparing number of posts down a list, no.

I guess my answer is still no, either way, though.

I think lurking is inherently antitown, but it’s a behavior town frequently engage in too. I just recently tried to stop a mislynch in LUV (chronic lurker) upon replacing into a game because I think his play, while antitown, made most sense to be town motivated. (I was right, fwiw.)

For me, it depends on HOW a player is lurking. What junctures do they choose to pop in? What do they say, when they do?

A lurker probably has better than random chance at being scum, so I guess that kinda makes my answer yes, but... Context really does matter.

The shit texcat did, beetlejuicing and deliberately avoiding commitment on most major gamestate changes, THAT is lurking I find tremendously scummy.
Gamma’s, however, is NAI because he’s catching up so he’s in a grace period for me.
In post 1986, Amrun wrote:@Menalque: Part of it is that I keep waffling on my reads of other players, but I was internally discounting my read on tex for the same reason until I re-read day 1. In context, it came off as active lurking and the phrasing of his posts made me feel like he was avoiding associatives, and one that he was setting up mislynches, which I noted in thread.

It is rare that my top scumread is the lurkiest player, but alas... I’m in that sad position.

However, also voting DDL, etc etc

this is incongruous with what later happens regarding SS -- there is the point made that she would need convincing to lynch outside of gamma. I mean, you tell me -- does it look like any convincing at all was needed for her to jump onto SS here? she doesn't really talk about him at all in-between the two posts, ftr, just to say he's "still scum coasting". I think the order was probably interchangeable for her -- either do gamma D3 and push SS as the mislynch on D4 -- or, alternatively, do SS D3 then gamma D4, and I think it's that why she seems so wishy washy about who gets lynched despite claiming she'd need to be persuaded

Spoiler:
In post 2150, Amrun wrote:My preferred lynch list today is:

{Texcat slot; s_s; datisi; alimdia}

In ascending order of preference.

I would require some convincing to lynch outside of this list; how much depends on which slot.

VOTE: gamma
In post 2290, Amrun wrote:
Super ok with this.

VOTE: something_smart

But we can’t let gamma coast either.

@GL:

I realize I shouldn’t be pointing this out because it makes you more likely to scumread me, but, I believe you’re town sooo... who is scum reading Ico? You said people are casually scumreading Ico but the ONLY person I can think of who does so is gamma. So I don’t understand your train of thought here at all.

Also don’t understand the buddy reads on S_S and me, but whatever, will cross that bridge when we get there, if we get there. I’ve never in my life seen scum openly sheep onto another scum with no wagon by following a dead player, and I don’t think I ever will.

then again, more "I'm fine with lynching gamma" but not really pushing it at all, and claims she's been trying to get him lynched but meeting loads of resistance -- I don't think this is true and I think it's evident in ISO. there's a lot of "yeah I guess gamma is scum" or "yeah tex is scummy" but never is there a concerted effort to actually get people on board with her reads or to get a lynch there. instead, she consistently expresses the read, then hops onto the flavour of the day wagon

Spoiler:
In post 2258, Amrun wrote:
In post 2257, Datisi wrote:
In post 2253, Amrun wrote:
In post 2172, alimdia wrote:If you're doubling down on said viewpoint, who is the scum on your wagons then?
In my opinion there is one OR MORE scum in {datisi, alimdia, DogWatch}. Datisi and DW were on both wagons, but I don’t truly care about that part. I have already been clear that in this I prefer datisi first.

In fact, I kinda feel like lynching datisi today >.>. But I need to catch up.
Why is alimdia in that bracket? And why am I suddenly lower than Gamma/S_S, especially if you aren't caught up?

Because looking at it in response to alimdia’s question, I realized you are in a sweet spot on both wagons where I’d expect scum to be. Alimdia is there for similar reasons, plus she’s saying such off the wall things that seem like stances, but actually don’t make any fucking sense at all.

Also, I reread my own reread post where NK analysis indicates you, datisi.

I’m still pretty happy lynching gamma/texcat too though.
Anyone in my previously published lynch pool would be fantastic but I became a little more confident in a scumread on you recently.
In post 2320, Amrun wrote:
In post 2308, Something_Smart wrote:I mean I can give you this.

Amrun is accusing people (me and Gamma) of coasting while not asking any questions to us. That means she doesn't actually want us to contribute more if we're town so she can straighten out her read on us.
Complete BS. I had a whole back and forth with you and you provided NOTHING. N-OT-H-I-N-G

You clung to creatures read and argued semantics over it and explicitly absolved yourself of any responsibility for your read on me. What else is there to ask? You’re sidestepping responsibility so you can’t be blamed when it’s wrong.

Texcat isn’t here to ask questions to. Gamma is on page 9 and dragging out his catchup - I’ve had interaction with him too.
I’ve been trying to motivate content there with my vote and trying to drum up a wagon that has seen a shocking amount of resistance.

This post is total hot air BS.

looking back at her progression, I don't think this makes sense. why does it have to be me or datisi? why is she dismissing the idea of a gamma/alim/DW team here? which should be only marginally less plausible to her than a datisi or mena/gamma/alim team

also worrying regarding icon and being willing to "bet the game on town!him" but still not sure if this is partners or pocketing. I would lean partners overall I think, but I'm not locking that in. I think maybe the idea was just to hard pocket icon and get him to cast the game losing vote

Spoiler:
In post 2484, Amrun wrote:
In post 2480, Menalque wrote:
In post 2472, Amrun wrote:I’m having tinfoil about Mena but more sure about Datisi and I don’t think they’re scum together? Plus menal has some mindmelding with me on this page alone.

I’ll bet the game in Iconeum town. Will never lynch there.

Completely supportive of claiming.
Want to talk about this tinfoil?

Also when you say more sure about datisi sure she’s scum or town?
Datisi is very likely scum out of the pool we have left. FMPOV it has to be you or datisi.

My tinfoil on you:

Out of this player list, I would pick you to NK Salamence20 and Pret on N1, easily. Also, I feel like you’d pick gun, and the high amount of bullets this game points to the gun-type players being scum. Also, I question your commitments to the lynches that you have pushed, in some ways.

In other ways, I had you as town for a reason and it’s fucking with my head.

I feel like it’s datisi/texcat/??? Alimdia?

inconsistencies (originally ddl vs DW but I feel like this is the more relevant issue)

DW makes a point about ddl and amrun goes "that's a good point" and hops right on. this seems odd to me given her earlier professed SR on DW -- admittedly, it was tempered with "I'm TRing her one tone" but it seems off to me that if one of your top SRs is pushing someone who isn't really in your top SRs (it's not like dw was pushing tex/gamma!slot) that you would hop on this uncritically vs evaluate whether the push was bad because it's coming from someone you don't trust

and it seems like that SR/concern around DW didn't go away based on her reaction in 2004 to DW being TR

Spoiler:
In post 1781, Amrun wrote:
In post 1775, DogWatch wrote:
In post 1747, GuiltyLion wrote:what I also think is weird having reflected on it more is DDL townreading Menalque, like, this dude was calling you scum all D1 and trying to get you lynched and you aren't suspicious of him in the slightest? really? I suggest I might switch to DDL and he decides to call me out while making no mention of Menalque?
I legit lol’d when I read this. So I just went and ISO’d DDL again and menal doesn’t even make an appearance in the entire ISO with the exception of one offhand comment that DDL likes him. It does seem extremely unrealistic to barely mention someone who’s been calling for your blood like two game days straight.
This is actually a good fucking point. Town getting shitpushed like that usually gets mad.
In post 1844, Amrun wrote:VOTE: DDL

I didn’t realize I didn’t actually post in between him calling me town and then suddenly saying I’m not playing my town game. Good catch, Iconeum.
In post 2004, Amrun wrote:Now you TR DogWatch?

JFC

there's also another inconsistency here to do with creature. she made a whole big deal about how creature's reads were shit and off and he was disengaged, which I've gone into already as part of this case. so if your whole belief is that his reads are bad, why do you then encourage SS to follow up on DW partly bc of the fact that creature was SRing her too. idk, I can kind of see it in the sense of "if you believe in creature's reads you should be doing this thing too" but it makes more sense if you're saying to completely disregard his reads to suggest that other reasons to look at DW. although looking at this today this isn't as strong a point as the I was reading her in ISO last night, but I'll leave it in in case this is stronger than I now think it is

Spoiler:
In post 2003, Amrun wrote:FWIW the giving up is not something I’d hang a scum case on. It’s just not going to dissuade me from voting there.

Also, S_S is bothering the shit out of me.

Creature scumread DogWatch. Your closest thing to a scumread is on DogWatch. There was a wagon on DogWatch. Why didn’t you at least poke the bear on it?

I think she's really flip floppy on DW too, but not in a way that I think shows genuine reevaluation. I think she's SRing or TRing dw throughout the game based on whatever seems the most convenient to her

especially bad is that DW is her third top TR after herself and icon, but then she swings today into HARD SRing her

my explanation for this? I think she was planning to mislynch gamma today, and thought DW was the gun. when she realised it was the other way around, and game was off the table, she had to find an acceptable new compromise target. I think many of the weaknesses of DW's play are the same as gamma/tex's -- lurkiness, lack of charisma/strong connections with other players, which makes her probably the best lynch target. I think her other re-alignments today have also been more out of necessity than out of genuine changes in opinion. for instance, she's come around to seeing icon as possible scum now, but was willing to bet the game on him being town at start of day, and stuck by that all the way until conf!town bingle called icon his top lynch (which actually is another reason why I'm unsure about partners here, this is very political, and I think amrun bussing icon still prob gets her lynched tomorrow)

Spoiler:
In post 1451, Amrun wrote:
In post 1450, GuiltyLion wrote:Oh one other thing I wanna say though, part of my reason for scumreading Amrun initially that I couldnt mention was her early game felt very different to me than her play in the High Noon micro game we just finished where I was townreading her, but she flipped scum in that game so ?? I think that makes her more likely town in this game lol

That’s why?! That’s funny.

The more DogWatch posts, the more I tonally think she’s town,
but I don’t really have anything to say about the posts she mentioned. Except I agree that scum was pushing me (somewhere, I need to analyze with new flips in mind); and that Creature’s lynch was probably pretty safe and blend-y for scum.
In post 1576, Amrun wrote:Right now I think lynching in {texcat, alimdia, DogWatch, DDL, Something_Smart, Iconeum} will yield at least 2 scum. Within that, I’d prefer texcat right at this minute.
DogWatch is acceptable
In post 1937, Amrun wrote:
In post 1854, Menalque wrote:
In post 1650, Amrun wrote:I keep expecting S_S to explain that naked vote on me, but nope. Just hangin out for presumably no reason.

I strongly townread GL now, fwiw. On day 1 I could not follow his train of thought in a genuine way. D2, with the realization that he was comparing it so specifically to high noon, I do.

Menalque,
why are you categorizing DogWatch as a lurker? I don’t
because she has the lowest posts of everyone in the game aside from alim and tex/gamma!slot

I just checked and she had only 3 more posts than alim at the time that you posted this and he hasn't posted in 3 days so my question back to you is why don't you think that's lurky?
Eh, she’s been present for every major game state IIRC. Whenever she posts, it’s content. Not everyone is a spammer. That aspect doesn’t bother me.
In post 2004, Amrun wrote:N
ow you TR DogWatch?

JFC
In post 2253, Amrun wrote:
In post 2172, alimdia wrote:If you're doubling down on said viewpoint, who is the scum on your wagons then?
In my opinion
there is one OR MORE scum in {datisi, alimdia, DogWatch
}. Datisi and DW were on both wagons, but I don’t truly care about that part. I have already been clear that in this I prefer datisi first.

In fact, I kinda feel like lynching datisi today >.>. But I need to catch up.
In post 2509, Amrun wrote:
In post 2485, Datisi wrote:
In post 2484, Amrun wrote:Datisi is very likely scum out of the pool we have left. FMPOV it has to be you or datisi.
Why does it have to be one of us fypov and what exactly makes you think we're not possible partners?

and also your proposed massclaim order?
PoE. I mean, outside chance or DogWatch/alum/gamma but I just don’t think so.

And I guess my order would be Gamma - Datisi - alimdia - Menalque -
DogWatch
- Iconeum - myself
In post 2486, Menalque wrote:I mean you're not wrong that those are NKs that I think could come from scum!me

not commenting on the gun point until we figure out an order for massclaim

what makes you question my commitment to the lynches I've pushed?

and what were the reasons you had me as town?
Day 1 I felt like you were soft pushing DDL. You were hard pushing me, but dropped it - still don’t know if you TR me or what. You kinda sorta SR Ico but haven’t pushed it at all. I don’t have a sense of strong reads from you in general and that worries me.

I had you town from you tinfoiling people TR you for your “slip.” That seemed genuinely paranoid to me. Meh.

@alimdiah: I have explained my Ico TR several times now so I won’t re-invent the wheel. However, to add to it, the way he came into today treating my slot is not what I would see scum doing because I see myself as a mislynchable slot right now. Which is exactly why your soft SR on me and the way you went about it is scummy.

Icon:

I'm not gonna quote here bc I think others have covered this already since I started doing my own case. I'm just gonna leave my notes attached from when I was reading her in ISO:

"shifting read on him overtime, looks a lot like early doubts could be distancing – seems to get stronger over time for basically no reason, esp. as justifications given for strength seem to be related back to D1 a lot – only her initial read on him after rereading D1 wasn't locktowny like it is later when he comes under any pressure"

@bingle if you do want me to go through and try to find the quotes that supported this I can do so but it's a bit tricky with deadline pressure

"re-evaluating":

I'm not gonna quote here because fuck me I've been going for a long time, and I think it's clear from looking at the quotes in the spoiler above, but basically: today, she's made a big deal of her claims to be re-evaluating, so why are reads so similar to the ones she's pushed throughout the game, bar me? like she's pushing the exact same SRs she's had throughout the game, and kept the TRs pretty much the same. she wants DW (check), she wants alim (check) -- as I've said, I think the switch on me to dats makes sense given that datisi was I think more likely to vote me than I was to vote her, and also as I think she would have perceived me as more likely to fuck up a gamma mislynch than dats who seemed p down to lynch there pre-mass claim

I'm quite confident in amrun + alim at this point, but not sure on the final one

I guess I lean icon just for the hard TRs but it could be dats, although I just really doubt it. I think DW is town if I'm right about amrun!scum bc I don't think hard bussing here is good play and I do think amrun is a good scum player

misc:

she seemed very unconcerned about it when dats pointed out that if scum could shoot twice on N3 then they could win game there if they made correct shots

Spoiler:
In post 2158, Amrun wrote:
In post 2155, Datisi wrote:2 votes on, 3 scum, 5 to lynch, and since Gamma isn't really a TRed slot people might blindly follow. I'd rather not be risking some sorta qh.
So you think scum will openly out themselves just to pray they get 2 shots off tonight?

I think I’m good.

okay so she claimed N3 rose but there's still no way to know what others would have been likely to choose? whereas if scum and you know you can't make 2 shots that night, lack of worry about a quick hammer makes more sense. I don't really think dats reads as faked paranoia here either, even though I didn't agree at the time

also I think she's been trying to create the idea that she's a mislynch target all day, ever since 2509 even tho I really don't think she was that likely to be the lynch today coming into the day, and idk why town her would think that she was really when gamma was definitely the most likely lynch before the massclaim

Spoiler:
In post 2509, Amrun wrote:
In post 2485, Datisi wrote:
In post 2484, Amrun wrote:Datisi is very likely scum out of the pool we have left. FMPOV it has to be you or datisi.
Why does it have to be one of us fypov and what exactly makes you think we're not possible partners?

and also your proposed massclaim order?
PoE. I mean, outside chance or DogWatch/alum/gamma but I just don’t think so.

And I guess my order would be Gamma - Datisi - alimdia - Menalque - DogWatch - Iconeum - myself
In post 2486, Menalque wrote:I mean you're not wrong that those are NKs that I think could come from scum!me

not commenting on the gun point until we figure out an order for massclaim

what makes you question my commitment to the lynches I've pushed?

and what were the reasons you had me as town?
Day 1 I felt like you were soft pushing DDL. You were hard pushing me, but dropped it - still don’t know if you TR me or what. You kinda sorta SR Ico but haven’t pushed it at all. I don’t have a sense of strong reads from you in general and that worries me.

I had you town from you tinfoiling people TR you for your “slip.” That seemed genuinely paranoid to me. Meh.

@alimdiah: I have explained my Ico TR several times now so I won’t re-invent the wheel. However, to add to it, the way he came into today treating my slot is not what I would see scum doing because I see myself as a mislynchable slot right now. Which is exactly why your soft SR on me and the way you went about it is scummy.

has generally misrepped me today, and then backed off it when called on it because she knows it won't stand up under scrutiny

Spoiler:
In post 3139, Amrun wrote:
In post 3098, Menalque wrote:
In post 3082, Amrun wrote:
In post 3076, Menalque wrote:Like I get having tonal reads and letting tone continue to influence you but unless you know someone really well it’s susp af to be mostly basing your read off “they sound frustrated differently” instead of what they’ve actually been doing in the game

Why is that suspect? You have only the most garbage of reasons to suspect anyone at all. All game you’ve been trying to drop Icon back into PoE for NOT ONE SINGLE REASON. Your push on me day 1 was literally better than your push here and it sucked then too.

I had a decent “case” on Datisi with pretty good reasons but now I don’t even think she’s scum.

This game sucks and town sucks and I suck. I’m over it. If I’m to be lynched in LyLo for extremely bad reasons, so be it. The game is half scum so we probably lose anyway. I deserve to lose for having such poor reads this game.
What the fuck are you even talking about amrun

“All game you’ve been trying to drop icon back into PoE”

Fucking WHERE

literally I was calling icon town until D3 at which point I straight dropped him into the PoE bc that’s how PoE fucking works

Also get the fuck outta here “most garbage of reasons”

What like “menalque feels frustrated differently” is such a solid reason and not at all obviously bullshit for the fact that fabricating a real scumread takes effort that you’re trying to get out of by AtEing all over the thread
I guess you’re right about the PoE thing. I just don’t like it bc icon is obvtown to me.

And oh yeah my reasons mostly suck too. Everything sucks this game.
In post 3210, Amrun wrote:Oh I was dyslexic for a minute.

I was trying to get icon to show me why he thinks you’re town, because I want to see what he says, since in that moment I trusted him most as town.

I fucking hate misreading in LyLo. It haunts me. I hate having poor reads in general and this game has just been the shits for me in that regard. That S_S townflip and then texcat slot being the gun really hurt my soul. Of course I would re-evaluate.

Menalque is scummy for saying it’s scummy to re-evaluate in this gamestate, in fact. Anyone who isn’t re-evaluating like him is probably scum.
In post 2964, Amrun wrote:
In post 2953, Menalque wrote:Fypov i make 0 sense as scum considering gamma

Gamma was the obvious mislynch today

Given that it’s LITERALLY GG if he’s lynched, what’s the scum!motivation in me defending him before there was any reason to suspect he was gun?
Idk, honestly, fair point. This is a dumpster fire etc etc.

In any case the lynch should be the one in everyone’s PoE, so probably DW anyway. I can see scumteams without you in them so that’s not where I was wanting the lynch to be. Hate. Life.

is good enough as scum that I'm not putting a lot of credence in her "oh I can't remember why I thought that" stuff. I think scum who are weaker often feel like they need to try to explain everything, and that then leads them into trouble bc the explanations have to be forced and they don't sound true. whereas just saying "eh idk I thought that at the time" is something that (1) does happen as town and (2) can't be easily spotted as obviously fabricated bullshit
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3344 (isolation #628) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:42 am

Post by Menalque »

that's about 2.5 hours of work plus note taking & reading for like an hour last night so @bingle I'm gonna be fuckin pissed if you don't read all of it

final point is that I'm not persuaded by her catch ups/cases, which I think fit very much into the easy to do "pick out posts and drop comments on them" catch up strategy, which is (1) easy to do as scum and (2) looks like a lot more work than it actually is, partly because the visible quotes extend the length of the post substantially when you're reading it

I also think, and this is a general point, that reading someone when they're under high pressure is the worst possible time to do so, and that trying to make reads primarily on one game day is a Bad Move (tm) because the entire advantage of town is that you get to look through all of the moves and information from previous days as well as the day you're in to try and even the information disadvantage you have at the start of the game

that amrun's flips on her reads today seem to have been almost entirely based on what's been happening today, makes me feel very much like they're not real or surface level reads without much to them

ultimately, I just don't really see how amrun is town here. however, I think prob the best thing to do is to leave it bingleboi to make the call on where the lynch should be, but @icon if you're going to force the issue (bear in mind that if you're town and you don't vote today we lose by default if you take the whole weekend off on VLA as we won't have the votes to lynch scum) I would strongly prefer amrun for all the reasons above

@bingle, it's like I said -- I see your analysis and I can see icon as the partner, but I feel substantially more confident on amrun!scum than on icon!scum and would much prefer to go there. also, I think it's p clear this isn't bussing which leaves me as soft!conftown I think, and given that you're basically guaranteed to die tonight, having someone who's practically locktowned gives us the best possible chance tomorrow to get scum as it limits who can be pushed as a mislynch
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3345 (isolation #629) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:48 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3343, Iconeum wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2673, Menalque wrote:
In post 2671, DogWatch wrote:If you’re the scummiest slot at lylo and you’re actually town, you do a hell of a lot more than gamma has to clear yourself in order to play to your wincon. What is really more likely:

- gamma is town that has given up and doesn’t give a shit if town loses
- gamma is scum who is trying to coast to a likely win
- gamma is scum whose team wants to bus him at lylo

I don’t think it’s the last one because why would scum prolong the game when they could just push a mislynch
?
why is this unlikely fypov? if scum don't feel like they're in a good position to get a mislynch today, why risk the game entirely by doubling down on your teammate being town instead of hard bussing them and going for the win in 5p lylo when you've got towncred for hard pushing scum?
In post 3011, Menalque wrote:It’s not worth going for the insta win if you’re setting a loss by burning all your towncred if it goes bad
In post 3258, Menalque wrote:
In post 3235, Amrun wrote:
In post 3233, Iconeum wrote:

This post screams town to me lol

Also been thinking about this, and this is exactly why I think menal is town. He opened the day by softly towning gamma, which is bleh for scum!menal to do.
I know I'm not dead because of the mislynch bait Ico meme, which isn't actually a meme but hard reality i just call it a meme to feel better
With a previous rose claim, I feel like scum could have been going for the town cred thinking they gamma lynch was inevitable. But.... it’s a good point actually. :c
yes, scum!me would have been going for the towncred instead of the win at start of day...

Menal, here are multiple instances of you saying it's better to buss today and get a better position to win later in the game

How is that consistent with
bc I don't think hard bussing here is good play
you realise the third quote is sarcasm, right?

but basically I think the context is important

if you think scum is going down anyway, you might as well get an early hard bus in and hope that gives you the towncred you need to get one of the mislynchable slots done the next day

but if you get to a position where battle lines are being drawn and you're worried your whole team gets blown after your flip, you should be going for the insta-win bc you're probably losing anyway

I think at this point given the evidence for amrun!scum that we're more likely in the second scenario
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3349 (isolation #630) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:57 am

Post by Menalque »

not hammering
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3352 (isolation #631) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:58 am

Post by Menalque »

yeah I'm saying for if dats/alim/dw are online rn
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3353 (isolation #632) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:58 am

Post by Menalque »

seeing as I know dats appears offline and I think alim/dw do too from earlier in game
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3359 (isolation #633) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:01 am

Post by Menalque »

I mean it's still not confirmed yet if alim or dw post then we have conf!scum in icon/amrun
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3362 (isolation #634) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:04 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3360, Datisi wrote:DW hasn't posted in like 2 days and I think it's night rn for alim sooooo
Actually if DW is Town we might be fucked lol
I think fakegod would extend if DW is town and needs to be replaced
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3364 (isolation #635) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:05 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3361, Iconeum wrote:
In post 3359, Menalque wrote:I mean it's still not confirmed yet if alim or dw post then we have conf!scum in icon/amrun
wait what
if there are three people online at once and no quickhammer falls then there is scum in (you, amrun)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3370 (isolation #636) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Menalque »

dw there is a vote on amrun
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3371 (isolation #637) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Menalque »

it's not me dats
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3373 (isolation #638) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Menalque »

unless it's you faking paranoia and waiting for alim to turn up lmao
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3378 (isolation #639) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3375, Amrun wrote:
In post 3359, Menalque wrote:I mean it's still not confirmed yet if alim or dw post then we have conf!scum in icon/amrun
Can you walk me through this like I’m 5?
technically alim needs to post before it's hard confirmed

but I think it's p much confirmed now -- at a minimum dw/me/dats is conf!not-a-team

but basically if everyone is online and there's not a quickhammer then either scum is being voted (and teammates aren't quick hammering) or scum is voting town (so there's only two votes left out of the three that would be needed for a quickhammer)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3382 (isolation #640) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:14 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3380, Amrun wrote:Ok I just didn’t understand why it was dats OR alim. I thought it would need to be both.
do you mean dw or alim?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3384 (isolation #641) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Menalque »

and and yeah fmpov it's practically conf now bc I don't think at this point that dats/alim/dw is likely to be the team
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3385 (isolation #642) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Menalque »

inb4 coming back after lunch to see a dats/alim/dw quickhammer
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3389 (isolation #643) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3386, Datisi wrote:dats/alim/dw is not the team but if mena/alim/dw is i'm quitting mafia for like the 9th time
again

it's not
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3392 (isolation #644) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Menalque »

okay I think datisi is town

I don't think her being paranoid about me here comes from scum her tbh, I just don't
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3395 (isolation #645) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3394, Datisi wrote:also i don't know why you'd think that but
at this point either a quickhammer happens or it doesn't

and if it does i'll take this loss on my glorious resume
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3396 (isolation #646) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:30 am

Post by Menalque »

I should stop reading your posts probably

I feel like you're just going to scare me
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3401 (isolation #647) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Menalque »

Still online not hammering
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3405 (isolation #648) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: amrun
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3407 (isolation #649) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Menalque »

Pls don’t hate me bc of this game
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3411 (isolation #650) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3336, Iconeum wrote:
In post 3335, Datisi wrote:I just want a game where the three of us share alignment

Tho I'm still not 100% on that rip
Guess the dream lives on
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3413 (isolation #651) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3409, Datisi wrote:I'm hating myself because you were feeling so awkward when we were talking and i didn't call it out lol

gg yall gonna go cry
:(

I don’t think you played badly at all, let’s talk about it later

Gg all
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3422 (isolation #652) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Menalque »

GG

I enjoyed playing with everyone here, sorry I was scum
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3424 (isolation #653) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Menalque »

pls don’t release scum PT just yet, I think there were one or two posts I made about my scum strategy that I wanted to redact
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3437 (isolation #654) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Menalque »

@FG, thanks for the kind words and for modding!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3439 (isolation #655) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3428, AaronFrost wrote:gg scum

Why'd you shoot me?
You were less mislynchable than amrun and the other person paying attention to DW
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3450 (isolation #656) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3449, Amrun wrote:Fucking hell.

My solve was mostly right. I knew it had to be DW/alimdia and the third one I wanted to re-eval after flips. Mislynched in LyLo feels bad man.
If it’s any consolation you’d been set up since D1
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3455 (isolation #657) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Menalque »

Yeah, we talked through the distancing in scum PT, you’ll see it when it’s released

Your reads were really good today, I think it’s just that things had been intentionally geared to make it look like gamma was the designated mislynch (which, tbf, we wouldn’t have complained about) when I think I’d said D3 that you were prob the route to victory once SS mislynch was set
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3456 (isolation #658) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Menalque »

I think one of the key things was that it was the most discredited slot (yours) most likely to get to the correct solve, but it didn’t matter bc by that point all that mattered was whether you could look townier than the scummiest looking member of the scumteam

I was really worried because your tone was so townie and bingle wanting more content from DW
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3457 (isolation #659) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Menalque »

When you three were chatting that morning and basically all got to town reads on each other briefly I thought we were fucked
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3459 (isolation #660) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Menalque »

Sorry :/
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3472 (isolation #661) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2304, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2276, Datisi wrote:@S_S I'd appreciate an update on your Amrun read
She's looking for excuses to scumread people and not using actual logic bit then again that describes literally everyone so that alone can't be enough for a scumread.

Maybe I should form reads based on who here should be competent enough as town to not let them drive off a cliff.

That makes Menalque scum, I believe.
I was very flattered by this incidentally, SS
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3478 (isolation #662) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Menalque »

It would have been 4p mylo not lylo and I prob would have tried to icon or amrun lynched
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3480 (isolation #663) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Menalque »

Argh idk

Maybe? I rly wanted to win this game bc I felt like I hadn’t had a scum victory where I came up with the strat and kind of guided my scumbuddies rather than being mentored by them

And I thought there were a lot of good town players here so I felt it would kind of confirm my chops as a good scum player if I could win here and take a leading roll as scum

I have to say, I think DW and alim both did a really good job, and were great partners. Very communicative and open to being mentored as neither had a lot of experience as scum, but willing to push back and give ideas on plays and strategy when they had them or disagreed with me
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3482 (isolation #664) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Menalque »

Thanks, amrun:)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3485 (isolation #665) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Menalque »

I want papa leaf to come here and validate my scum game
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3489 (isolation #666) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Menalque »

Thanks, GL!

Yeah, that push on you backfired a lot. I was hoping someone would say “this push is way too shitty for mena to make as scum bc he’s hyper self-aware of how he’s perceived as scum” and then... no-one did, and if I’d self-meta’d it it wouldn’t have been nearly as persuasive.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”