DnD 5e: My mouth is dry...

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Vecna »

"By Tempus' beard, this guard surely does not inspire a lot of confidence in these farmers here. I am willing to conduct the negotiating on our behalf, but before we proceed - do we want to do this as an act of kindness or are we also looking to get paid for our services?"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:07 am

Post by Vecna »

*approach the crowd and try to calm them down by using an insight check to demonstrate we understand their plight*

"Good day good people of Thode. The local temples have received word of your troubles here. Your guard also sent word to us and they have sent us to help. We understand you need the local river to be able to provide food to your families. We understand the urgency of this situation. Do not fear, we will get to the bottom of this. We will uncover the reason for your river going dry and we will solve this problem for you. I promise you this".

"Now, if you all would be so kind to return to your farms, me and my friends would like to have a talk with your town guard here to learn all we can."
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Vecna »

"Yes, getting more information on what to expect and how to approach this task might be useful. In fact, im sure the custodians of my temple made us study the lore of all many of the regions in this country"

*history check to recall anything of note happening in this region or this village in the past*
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:13 am

Post by Vecna »

"Maybe someone stealthy could go scout the camp to know what were dealing with? Clearly they were capable of taking out the farmers that were sent here to investigate, and judging by what they did to the river they do not appear to be afraid of drawing attention to themselves."
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:13 am

Post by Vecna »

"Could we even clear that blockade? Those boulders look pretty big. What would it take to remove them?"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Vecna »

"I agree with Virgil, lets clear the rocks and wait in hiding to see who comes to check out what happened. If you guys can stand guard on the banks of the river in case this is some sort of a trap, I will go and clear the rocks"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Vecna »

"Take in the surroundings to check for any defensible positions that might give us an edge against overwhelming numbers of enemies. Any chokepoints that we could use?"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Vecna »

"or a good place for an ambush or a trap"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Vecna »

"Look alive friends, if you can keep these ugly things out of my face I will cast a sleep spell on the largest group. Then we can take out the other group in a coordinated strike"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:01 pm

Post by Vecna »

"Looks like were eating grilled froglegs tonight guys. Watch me unleash my inferno."

*The tiniest of flames start forming around vekna's fingers as he focusses -really really- hard to cast....a campfire cantrip*
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by Vecna »

*Vecna screams out in agony, a wailing sharp type of sound that no dwarf should ever produce.*

"He took a bite out of my arm. The frog mutilated my brewing arm"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Vecna »

"It seems these creatures were under the control of some very strong magic. Lets not take too much risk here just yet. Ill try and see if I can communicate with it through magic means"

Vecna starts casting a spell to try and communicate in draconic with the fishman. What could possibly go wrong?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:45 am

Post by Vecna »

"Guys, I can communicate with the caster. It speaks draconian".

*Vecna starts to cast another message spell on the fish-faced monster, and continue to talk to it in draconean*

"I am not the same person that made these promises. I am the dwarf that is now waving at you"

*wave at him so he sees you*

"The person that made these promises betrayed you. He betrayed your friends. We do not want to fight. Let us help you get back home. Lets be friends."
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Vecna »

"Yes, I really could use some healing and im not sure we have enough time to convince our new potential friend here".

"Cast a final message spell in draconian. The message reads: We mean you no harm. As a peace offering, we shall leave behind your friend and not harm him. Next time we meet, lets talk before we fight".

"How about we go back to a nearby farm and rest and heal? If another of these groups catches us in this state, while they have two of those casters, I doubt we will survive the encounter in this state"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Vecna »

"alright guys, lets see if we can find the farmers then went missing now that the fishmen have retreated temporary. Lets cross where the diverted stream was and see if we can find them in the area between here and the fishmen camp. They mightve even found themselves a good spot to hide that we can use".

"maybe one of you can continue to try and track them from there".
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Vecna »

"great, lets also be on the lookout for a good hiding place to rest along the way".
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by Vecna »

"Ahoy friends, my name is Vekna. Bobert of Thode hired us to find out what happened to the river. So we went and broke a damn and then fought a bunch of frogs and fishies that were none too pleased with that. We brought this ugly one here to interrogate while were resting. We managed to find out that these creatures were most likely affected by a mental domination type of spell, so someone is controlling them to terrorize this region.

Now, do you lads maybe have a safe resting place? I assume so since the froggers havent found you yet? We could really use a moment of respite to tend to our wounds. Ever got bitten by an oversized frog? It feels every bit as nasty as it sounds.

Maybe you can tell us what you have been up to here?"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:14 am

Post by Vecna »

"A little red flying one you say? That sucks souls? Did it also look like a frog or a fish, or did it have different features?

Regardless, during our fight at the damn two of their casters escaped. Do you guys have any idea about their total number? Did anyone scout for their camp or their base?"

Return to “Frogstar World B”