Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3907 (isolation #0) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Okay now that mod stuff is done, I'll give some of my thoughts on the game.

I feel really bad for PB. He did play very well, but he was pretty screwed by mechanics. His role was already the weakest of his team and was made weaker by being the last scum left, while Ame had a strong town role that got even stronger once only one scum remained.

As for the overall setup, I do think it was townsided to some degree, but I think that was mostly mitigated by the knowledge that town would not be able to play optimally, because they didn't have all the information and because this is a very mechanically demanding setup. I didn't expect quite the number of forgotten trains I got, though. All night actions are in the mod PT if you want to see quite how many people forgot to do easy stuff. Setups like this really need scum to work together and use all their powers to confuse town, so it's naturally going to be rough when town nails two scum in their first two kills. Kudos to Ame for taking out the scum role with the potential to gain a whole stack of XP before they could wreak havoc with it.

I do want to apologize for my unresponsiveness and quite honestly laziness at some points. I'm not going to blame it on the ducky because he is a wonderful person but he was far less able to help me out here than I was expecting, and this is not an easy game to mod solo. I will say though that even though the OP wasn't updated when Titus replaced in, she directly asked for Pine's slot and I told her ABR got it first, so she really should have known he was in the game.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3911 (isolation #1) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:37 pm

Even though I know it wasn't my fault, I do apologize for the toxicity in the game. I encourage anyone who had a problem with someone else this game to work out a private agreement where you don't join games together, and make sure to pay attention to the playerlist when replacing in.

I also apologize for the inactivity and high numbers of replacements. While some of them were unavoidable, I do think the effort and engagement the mod shows is correlated with players not replacing out. I'm not really cut out to be a great mod in that regard, because I have a hard time being proactive. So sorry there.

And finally, thanks for playing! Despite all the bumps, I hope you guys enjoyed the game :]
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3915 (isolation #2) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:38 pm

In post 3908, Titus wrote:I forgot tbh. I was just looking at available sub-ins.
Mistakes do happen, but there's no shame in backing out of a replacement offer if you realize it's going to lead to conflict.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3918 (isolation #3) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:40 pm

I also feel bad for Pine who forgot to submit his Night 1 action when his whole strategy was predicated around it and it killed his engagement with the game. :( Especially since his upgrade could have allowed him to correct his mistake, but he didn't know that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3937 (isolation #4) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:57 pm

In post 3924, Raven Branwen wrote:Yep. I tried to get you unflipped before it happened. :/
Oh yeah, I should mention this, because I do feel bad that it caused Raven so much grief and there was a bit of a failure to communicate on the part of me and tw. The bottom line here is that yeah it's unfortunate that neither of us were around to answer the crucial question, and yeah it's unfortunate that I didn't think ahead enough to extend the deadline to after I got back, but once the votes have been placed, doing anything about it is undue mod influence. Refusing to flip Creature wouldn't have repaired the gamestate, it would have compromised it further.

tl;dr: modding is hard :X
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3966 (isolation #5) » Mon May 25, 2020 7:26 am

In post 3890, Professor Moriarty wrote:Mod
Dead

Just checking with scum before releasing their topic.
It's pretty dead.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3982 (isolation #6) » Sat May 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3989 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:42 am

The mod very clearly indicated that day actions and night actions were separate and that training couldn't be done with any other actions in the same NIGHT.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3991 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:33 am

Done!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3994 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:48 am

Everyone started with 1 XP, except for Flight of the Conchords, who started with 2. All night actions and XP amounts are in the mod PT. TSE had 3 XP for most of the game.

What about PB's role are you confused about?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”