Rata Mall - Walkie Talkie Chat

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Copy Carla?

It's Lacey. There was an explosion, are you ok?

I'm in the phone store, there were walkie talkies, I was flung to the ground, I'm alright, just a bloody lip and my ears are ringing. Are you alright?

Whatever happened happened somewhere else in the mall.

Over.
Rubberducky you're the one.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Could be the gas in the basement? Xavier claimed he could fix the pipes, took the parts he needed, then denied they needed fixing when he came back and that he left it "off"
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

No, it was just the one, but it looks like someone else has been in here before me, there's no other items in here and because most of the shelf junk was already on the floor, as well as the till being open and empty, I'd say the room has been cleaned out.

That explosion has also caused grease to start leaking through the wall and shelves. So that's a thing.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Johannes did go to the basement I believe, but his interest has always been solving all the locations of the mall, so helping everyone get to different rooms is in his interest.

I doubt any explosion was malicious, Gas for example, you'd have to literally be in the same room to set it off which would be suicidal.

Now that I think about it.. it can't be the basement that blew up, because the power is still running which means both generators are still going.
I am getting stressed about my inability to solve a puzzle of sorts in this room
Describe the puzzle to me. I'll see if I can help you out with it.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:33 am

Post by RubberDuck »

If you can relay to me the text description of the room and then try and describe the map layout in words as best you can. i.e. "in the top left corner is an X"
<I don't think Ambic will let you quote the map image to me via the Walkie Talkie>

If you list out any features on the marked map and their approximate location in room, if you have examined any room features, what the description response is.

I know from Sir Leo, there is approximately two bathrooms - male & female and the eatery map roughly depicts two L shaped rooms and an entrance corridor. There are Water pipes somewhere and a broken window somewhere on the west wall which goes out to the back of the bank and some dead guy.

There are puzzles that require clues to solve, others that need logic, and others that need specific parts and actions. So it really depends on what you are trying to do.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:53 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Also, if you are trying to turn the water off. The control for that is in the basement.

In the first phase when Leo was in the bathroom he removed a length of pipe from the bathroom. Around the same time, Johannes flipped a lever in the basement, and a rushing water sound resulted.

Sir Leo getting covered in water and sewage was (partially) linked with Johannes turning on something in the basement.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Mark could have done, other than phase 1 where we were all in the Hardware store, he could have come to the phone store in either of the next two phases, but because he was lurking during the eatery, we have no idea unless anyone else can confirm seeing him in other rooms.

I know Harry and several others checked Marks body, but I don't know if anyone took any items off it. Remember Mark told me he found a locked door to the lab, he might have been trying to find out who owned the lab or he might have actually found another door to something else?

Re: Harry has well over $10,000 in cash by this point and that was just what he took from the barbers, (There was a back cupboard with $10k that he took as well as cleaning out the register.) He did also have that gold ingot he was lugging around, I noticed he was strong enough to carry it easily, but when Yvonne tried to take it, she couldn't lift it. I asked him to consider ditching it, but he point blank refused. He was quite annoyed about both you and yvonne trying to take it, I believe Johannes also has one, and they both stashed a 3rd one in the bank.

So he definitely was doing something with wealth and possibly more to do with Gold specifically? The only other thing I know about him is his cane extends with a blade at one end and it becomes a makeshift spear and he can extend it without being noticed.

One thing I did note, is when Yvonne described the viewable CCTV screens in the lab, she only listed
half
the rooms that actually have cameras in them. Remember the hardware store in phase one had a cctv that was on and was noted to be recording, but Yvonne did not list this as a room that could be viewed nor the barbers which also has a camera. One thing I called her out on was the fact that she told me she had been watching you and Casey in the Cafe via the CCTV.

However, there is no cctv camera in the Cafe because I already had been in that room with Terry in Phase two. Yvonne claimed mod error and that Ambic must have missed it from the cafe map, but she herself had not entered the cafe at all and wouldn't have known there was no CCTV in it. Ambic confirmed there was no mod error about the lack of a camera being in that room.

So Yvonne either was lying, or there's a hidden CCTV camera in the cafe - which is odd because all the other cctv cameras are in plain site, so why would the cafe have the only concealed camera? Or the lab can be used to connect remotely to your digital camera, because you were in the Cafe at the time and Yvonne could see that instead?

My question is why weren't the cameras in the other rooms viewable such as the camera's in barbers or the hardware store etc.

What if there is a 2nd part to the lab, on the west side of the mall that makes up the other half that Yvonne didn't list and that's the locked door Mark found?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Noted. You should also be able to get into the back of bank like Leo did by climbing out the window into the alley. That's how he was able to open the main bank door. Though I'm not sure what his incentive to do so was - he specifically went to the bathrooms and just happened to get the bank open, which seems like a very specific thing for him to have done correctly first time.
I might have you talk me through something soon though.
Sure, let me know.

What about the hardware store? No one did anything in there in the first phase, Xavier went there in phase 2 - he claimed he did nothing but run on the treadmill and then down to the basement in 3 to fix the generators. We caught him lying about the gas, and we know he looks old when seen in a reflection and he had the back story to the lab code door in the cafe.

Given you have the flavor linking between the radioactive coin, the mad scientist, the hardware store and john the mixologist
I'm leaning towards Xavier being the mad scientist, and what if he needed to get the power running to open something in the hardware store?

Basement would make sense for getting into the lab if they are both on the same depth, but Yvonne and Jia would have found the entry/exit from inside the lab as they both noted the laundry chute in the fashion store and the cafe door as being the only ways in and out.

Seems odd that it would all be stacked on the east side and nothing on the west.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Worth a shot. If we consider that John was taking the coin somewhere for a specific reason.

That also explains why Yvonne was looking for a radiation/hazmat suit.

Do you think my anti-radiation medicine would be strong enough to reduce the effects long enough to traverse it?

I needed to the seer to identify the pills as "Potassium Iodide" - when I took one after identifying them, the description was,
the ability to withstand some radiation is increased.

So it's not a be all end all solution - also we need to consider what is irradiating the area? Perhaps some kind of fusion generator?

Without the Geiger counter, we have no way of knowing if we are running into a radiation hotspot or not. We'd be blind.

There was nothing in the barbers to indicate there was anything underneath it or accessible from there.
it was helpful to have two people to access the tunnel in the first place but might be possible with one person.
Why, did you need to climb or move something to get in there? I'm not exactly strong, so if its a physical task, we'd need help to do it.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

The fact that I needed to identify them first tells me that they are indeed useful and it fits with the context of your discoveries so far regarding the dime and the other radiation.

I think its more about timing, the way I understand it, they don't make you immune to radiation, but allow withstanding it for a short duration meaning anything you do under the effects needs to be quick and well defined.

I'm not comfortable doing a mad dash into a radioactive area and then figuring out I don't know what to do once I'm in there. I'd be willing to bet the same person can't do it twice in a row without dying. I wouldn't want to accidently send anyone to their death either based on an assumption.

I'm not going to be able to push the car out of the way alone, is the manhole cover still open? Yvonne also had a crowbar, she threatened to hit Sir Leo with it when they were arguing about the matches.

I asked Ambic for clarification on the potassium iodide effects, and he said, "You have try them and find out."

So, it's really down to a gamble. I don't have any other leads to go with at this stage, I think this is the current best shot. Mad Dash and try and turn off whatever is irradiating the area?
Grandpa's insignia
First I've heard of this, it wouldn't happen to be the trident symbol that's on all the alien articles would it? Johannes found a desiccated arm in the basement with a ring that had a trident symbol on it? Perhaps that's a clue for your role?
I believe some of us have win conditions that are directly opposed to one another, and I feel Leo's may have been with mine and Harry's may also be.
Correct, all the roles except neutrals (morally grey) appear to polar opposites each other, Johannes is specifically going after alcohol and the brewery that Terry was after. Both of them have specifically mentioned Absinthe. I would pitch that Casey had the opposite of Harry because of trying to open all the machines and looting cash, but could be a coincidence. Harry was being quite odd regarding that gold ingot, but the strange thing is, him Jia, and Johannes know where the other two gold bars are, so why does he care about losing one? And why is he carrying around a hidden blade that was a starting item for him.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I'm about to try something incredibly dangerous, so if I don't radio in.. Fingers crossed. :lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

There was a secret passage in the phone store to the elevator shaft. That's what the grease was from. I climbed up and am now in the office with Yvonne.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Jia said Fashion Store, Johannes & Harry both said they were going to the cinema, myself and yvonne are now in the office. That leaves, Xavier and Cindy unaccounted for.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I'm really just trying to figure things out this point. My win conditions were totally independent of everyone else's, so I don't really care about what their alignments are or what they are trying to do as long as I make it to the end.

It's why I haven't been asking people if they are good or bad, or what their motives really are, as long as I don't accidently kill myself (likely) or get murdered along the way is all that matters. :lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Did.. did you set off dynamite in the bathrooms? Was that the explosion? You are lucky to have survived that.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Yvonne found a contract lease for several rooms in the mall for a Carl X Hinvey all signed with an X.

I asked if X could be for Xavier.

Yvonne figured out that Xavier Lynch is an anagram of Carl X Hinvey.

Meaning Xavier is the Mad scientist and killed Mark

Nothing on your Grandpa yet
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 31, Ariel wrote:Is there any information about someone with the title of professor?
Not so far, but will look out for any references.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Have you got a name in particular you want me to try searching instead?

We did find a template letter, any idea of what this could mean?
To whom it may concern

We have nothing of value here in the mall. Your search should not start or finish here, we are
of no value to you.

If you search us, you will find nothing.

Signed ___________________

Dated ___________________
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Here's my breakdown
To whom it may concern
Anyone
We
More than one, or someone referring to themselves in the 3rd person.
have nothing of value here in the mall.

Value is subjective. Gold, $$$, resources, technology, knowledge
Your search should not start or finish here
It's unclear of where this letter was intended, but that the search would come through "here" The mall, the office room etc
we are of no value to you.
That's a 2nd assumption regarding what "value" means.
If you search us, you will find nothing.
Maybe for items, how about knowledge? Maybe nothing is what someone is looking for.
Signed ___________________

Dated ___________________
Trying to find a completed one, that has more to it.
There's a pc with no monitor here, there's a monitor in the lab and another in the barbershop that could work. Yvonne also thinks she found the password to the computer, but we need the screen first.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I feel like Cindy has to have found out a lot of interesting stuff but she's not very talkative. I hope we can pick her brain a little bit when we meet back up.
That's something I've been meaning to follow up on, she went to the bookstore 3 rooms in a row and i'm interested to know why. Also, references to any professors might be better found in the bookstore.
There's not necessarily a ton left for me to do in here because Leo already looted it. There is a speaker with the CCTV, do you think that's notable?
No, we already knew Xavier used the lab in phase one to contact Leo via the speaker while he was in the bathrooms. Xavier called Leo a vandal for ripping the pipe off the wall and Leo started ranting about being spied on by people in the camera's.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Porochaz wrote: I told him that there were ingredients for his beer around, he wanted hops and sugar, which I presume he got? Tried the door once but got a single skull, which I presumed was bad so I left it alone. Sounds like a good call!?
Two separate references there.

The first is a comment that Xavier was using as an alibi for himself, he claimed his back story allowed him to find the code door but wasn't able to access it. In the above quote he said he tried one code and then left it alone. We however already knew he did in fact use it, because he used the lab to contact Johannes in the basement and Leo in the bathroom, and he had already confirmed to Johannes that it was him that used the lab to contact people through the cameras.

What he didn't know was Johannes had already confirmed to me via whisper that it was Xavier who contacted him.

The ingredients Terry was after were in the cafe cupboards and not hidden. However Terry was aware of the secret door, which Porochaz must have whispered to him about. Neither of us knew what was behind the door at the time.

Most likely after using the lab, Xavier entered one false code to use as an alibi and to lower the chances of anyone guessing the door combination.
The second quote was in reference/reply to a comment that Harry made about a code.
Primate wrote: Give me $1 for me to tell you what the number 3748 means.
In the bank vault there were 4 security boxes, two locked by code, two locked by keys, and 3 ingots.

The keys for one of the boxes were on the Tesla's keyring, and Johannes already had the keys to the other box, he emptied both. Johannes then hid one ingot somewhere in the bank, Harry took another, and the other I presume is still there in the vault.

The two Numberlock boxes are still unopened, and they have a trigger where if the wrong code is entered too many times, it'll spray that person in ink. They had some legit numbers to try, but both boxes are down to their final "entry". Harry, Johannes and Jia have fake made up numbers written on a piece of paper, in case they get pickpocketed.

That code means nothing, Harry made it up, but hinted it could be the correct one for one of the lockboxes in the bank.
Porochaz wrote:Lemme guess? The code Terry needed?
He is trying to throw off the scent with this statement, he knew full well what code the door needed, - but Yvonne changed the code from inside the lab last time she went in there, likely why Jia went via the laundry chute and not the cafe.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Out of curiosity, which rooms does Xavier own?
I'll ask Yvonne, she has the contract.
Also, do you mind telling me more specifically about what happened after you cured Terry? In terms of how that affected how you win the game.
In terms of how that affected how I win the game. I had to successfully cure at least one person. It's not stated of anything in particular i.e. sickness, disease, addiction. Terry didn't fully know that when I jabbed him, he was harassing me to give him a high and I didn't want to give him my steroids, especially when he had a stick and I was unarmed. I only have a limited number of shots - 2 doses remaining and there were a total of 5 people that it could be used on. I had no idea if it would work on him or not, so I wasn't trying for him in particular, he like Yvonne had a seizure and got back up. However Ambic confirmed it was successful and met the first condition to me in PM and that Terry was free of his addiction. I did not have any PM regarding Harry or Yvonne, so I can only conclude nothing happened with them.

Terry was searching the south wall of the Cafe kitchen, stating it had been "crumbed" to him that there was a secret passage which was an alternate way to the brewery. Terry's backstory item, an alcohol finding stick and the recipe book he was carrying clearly identified that the way to the brewery was through the Cinema, seat K9 specifically, which is where Johannes is currently (As I told him how to get in there.)

Terry didn't know specifically how to reveal the Cafe door, only to look for it along the south wall. So Xavier must have told him that he should look there. He eventually pulled the meat hook chains in the freezer which raised a shelf revealing the door.

The codes Terry tried were based on the letters on the code door and the belief that he would find a way through and did not want to leave it unsolved.
There was a clue in the cafe:
The cabinet is empty. But it has something written in pen on the back wall of the cabinet. "Remember her who created what you are trying to do". Its nonsensical
The reason Terry believed this meant him and the brewery because he said, Beer was originally invented by women in ancient Egypt.

Terry thought that, Her who created what you are trying to do" meant what he had been trying to do, which was brew alcohol. The original alcohol was beer, first brewed by ancient Egyptian women.

He also stated that he thought his alcohol divining stick was related to the Greek God Dionysus as a symbol of pleasure/enjoyment in and thought his stick was most likely a Greek Thyrsus.

Terry also referenced Ninkasi, who was the tutelary goddess of beer in Sumerian mythology. A Hymn to Ninkasi was poem which is thought to be the first written recipe for brewing beer which he claimed he had in his book.

The 3x codes he tried were:

"BREW" 2 7 3 9
"BEER" 2 3 3 7
"GROG" 4 7 6 4

The final code slammed the freezer door shut and wooshed him.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

The contract didn't specify which rooms in the mall he was renting. Only that it's rooms, plural.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

This is random, but what part of your backstory led you to seek out the Rata Mall specifically?
I have a stop watch, belonging to another doctor - I'm trying to fix the damage he caused.

It's engraved with the name Dr Ben Nerrow.

"Inside there is a photo of an old man. He's the one who destroyed the world. He's dead now, he might have once owned a store in this mall. The thought comes back - that's right - he was a little bit psychopathic. He was going to be arrested, so he changed his identity and bought a store here in the mall. But the apocalypse took him to the grave."

This is why I asked to see your camera, I was trying to see if my photo of Nerrow matched the Mad Doctor in your photo, but they look nothing alike. Which makes sense if he changed his identity before buying a store in the mall.

There's nothing in my backstory to prove Nerrow actually died, so I suspect Nerrow became the Mad Scientist Carl X Hinvey, who somehow made himself look young and became Xavier Lynch. I figured this was the most likely scenario because you made a similar observation about the mad scientist looking psychotic.

An anagram of Ben Nerrow is Rene Brown, so if anyone claims that's their real name, they are lying.

Yvonne and I think it's likely I'll be killed by the others upon returning to the eatery, so we're thinking its wise to wait to see who attacks me, join in on their attack to give yourselves an alibi and then try to finish your win con as quickly as possible after.

No ideas re: dynamite yet.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #24) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 45, Ariel wrote:I am tempted to look into whether I can access the actual bank or just the front of it, though I'm a little nervous to because I'm alone and wimpy haha
Leo was able to get into the back of the bank safely, but not the rest of it I think? I do not believe it was clear where the Security guard came from that attacked Jia, Harry, and Johannes in the Bank, so if you decide to check it out, be careful. You could always throw a lit stick of dynamite at anything that attacks you.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

The description both Harry and Johannes provide was that Jia's laser gun totally incinerates a target leaving nothing but a pile of ash and smoking boots.

They also said the guard was dressed as security, a giant of a man wearing what looked like a security vest and carrying a 2 foot long heavy crowbar.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Yvonne says:
Just thinking about the explosion, and Xavier. He told me he was going to the secret lab this rotation. His cover story is that he's trying to get the time machine going (or maybe it's not a cover story, maybe it's true).
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

and
I didn't see anything obviously explodey in the lab. There was also a non-working teleporter in need or a part and/or some expertise to get it going. The unfinished time machine.
A tool bench. Pipes along the walls. A floor drain. I probably missed stuff I should've found down there, I was quite preoccupied with handling the Green Crayons situation and watching the CCTVs.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I think I forgot to mention this, but Casey claimed his goal was to kill all the villains at the mall (which is supported by his lie detector). Which is the main evidence besides Mark that I have that people have opposing win conditions.
We talked about this when I first whispered to you after you were cleared by Casey, Terry had told me the same thing. What I found odd is that Casey kept trying to loot everything from drink machines, the seer, the ATM, the device out in the carpark and even the radioactive coin.

I suspect that wasn't correct and Casey was trying to sell himself as a cop, believing this game was Mafia. I think he was actually a looter looking to raid and was competing with Harry for end game highest money.

I suspect he was originally a phone store employee and looted it. The room description says
Most of the stuff for sale here looks like cheap knock off rubbish. This store was open and raidable by the general public and even the looters ignored most of this stuff.

But there are empty sale compartments for lie detectors, walkie talkies, and one metal detector which was left behind on the shop floor as it needs to be carried in hand. I didn't think to check for a radiation detector, but I thought it was odd that most of Casey's key items originally seem to have come from the phone store.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

We also know the rooms he visited were the bookstore, the carpark and the cafe, he had intended to go to the bank, but diverted to the cafe to confirm Terry's disappearance. So we know he didn't go to the phone store during the game, but had the items from it at start.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Could be possible he picked the Geiger counter up in the bookstore? I also found it odd that he had soo many useful starting items.

I thought it was odd that there was a metal detector and a lie detector sale area in the phone store instead of the Hardware Store.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #31) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

What? I wasn't looking for a phone. But funny you mention that needing a phone, Yvonne is carrying around a rotary phone and looking for somewhere to plug it in.

I went in the phone store thinking no one else had been in there, but its already empty.

I don't have a use for a metal detector, and I couldn't carry it up the elevator shaft.

Only other item was this walkie talkie.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #32) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Oh right. Me and understanding forum jokes are apparently a no. :lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

You mentioned being able to see the box from the underground tunnel and then used the dynamite to retrieve the box from the bathroom right?

Any chance you could blast your way into the tunnel?

Might be easier than trying to go move the car and the manhole cover again, Yvonne said Casey put the cover back on so we'd need a crowbar to open it and push the car out the way again.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #34) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

That's fair, your dynamite, your decision.

I'm sure there's plenty of other things that could do with blowing up, so keep it for if you think of a better use for it.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #35) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 48, Ariel wrote:I don't have to find the ghost anymore.
If you could find ghosts, presumably that means you can both see and talk to the dead right?

I wonder if it's worth you trying to talk to Sir Leo or Mark Knorp in the Eatery for more information? Obviously they are more corpse than they are "ghost," so might be a dud idea. Remaining in the Eatery is a valid choice for room selection if you wanted some privacy, communing with the dead via some form of necromancy in front of everyone might not be wise.

I might just be clutching at straws, no one really seems to know what's going on or what we should be doing. I'm out of ideas for now really.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #36) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Found a record regarding your Grandpa's Gold, "
detailing the serial numbers of Harold Temperton's Gold
."

Is that useful to you at all? If I read them out to you, perhaps you could check the serial number on the gold that you got from Harry?

If there's a match and it's one of your Grandpa's, then Johannes has the other bar or wherever he has since hidden it, and the 3rd is hidden in the bank. The metal detector in the Phone store could probably help you find where it's hidden?

It's risky, but I could try climb back down the elevator shaft and grab the metal detector for you?

Worth a shot, do you think?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #37) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Just waiting on Ambic to process the action of reading the serial numbers. Will let you know.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #38) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 67, Ariel wrote:The bar Harry had is serial 12489
Serial 12489 is not on the records.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #39) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I tried to pick up the records..
"The records are a ream thick and too big too carry."

Lol, fail. :lol:

There is too much information here to try and relay over the Walkie Talkie, so you'll have to refine the search terms for something more specific, or you may need to come to the office and see if you can find a specific file that I otherwise don't recognize as relevant.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #40) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

You could always give it back to Harry.. or ditch it in one of the toilet's, or hide it somewhere outside.

Not like its unique to him, he stole it from the bank to begin with and Johannes has the other one, and they both know where the 3rd one is stashed in the bank, so unless you want to make things up with Harry, I see no reason for you to continue carrying it around if you don't need it.

Up to you.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #41) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Mount it above a slightly open door, tell him where to find it, so it drops on his head and knocks him out for the rest of that phase? :lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #42) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:20 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

So, the lifts and the ground floor are on fire and Talitha and I are trapped in the Office and possible about to die from smoke inhalation.

If we don't make it - Good luck.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:20 am

Post by RubberDuck »

We smothered the fire by sending the lift down with no one in it. Very very close call.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:27 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Good question, we aren’t sure other than Ambic said we can’t go anywhere at this time. We might have to climb down later or try to use the second elevator. There are two.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:32 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Yeah, but it was the grease in the elevator shaft that caught fire, I wasn’t in the phone store at the time.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #46) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:00 am

Post by RubberDuck »

We got play back on some CCTV cameras!

We saw a monster inside the fashion store having a fight with Cindy(Nexus), who then vanished (Nexus, not the monster).
We watched the monster trashing the now empty fashion store. Seriously, that thing is 8ft tall, at least.

I recognize that monster. It looks Terry, and has been combined with a Frankenstein Monster.

We think Xavier made it in the lab and there's going to be another made from Casey, Sir Leo, or Marks bodies!!

Get a weapon and do not go anywhere alone!!
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #47) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:06 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Keep that Dynamite at the ready, we may need to blow that thing up. If you still have that super glue, you could glue the dynamite and make sticky tnt.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #48) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:53 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I hadn't even noticed this list, Talitha pointed it out to me. Terry and Casey were "Missing" instead of "Dead"
I'd say that means we can expect a Frankenstien Casey soon.

Missing:
Battle Mage
is Terry Young: Early 20s Unkempt, poorly shaved, Strong looking but bloodshot eyes. Carrying a stick and a wok
PookyTheMagicalBear
is Casey Ballentyne: Male,Early 30s Tall, Muscular, Scar across his face, slightly balding, tidy Beard, Dressed in Denim. A Bow across his shoulder, with two arrows. Carrying a very hefty 2ft cast iron crowbar.

Dead:

Green Crayons
is Sir Leo Mustelid: Modern Slimming Suit and Tie, Very Dapper, Overweight, Wrinkly. Carrying a pitchfork.
Zag
is Mark Knorp: Male, Mid-Late 60s Short, to the point of dwarven, Hunchbacked, Two large lumps on face, one under and around the eye. Muscular.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #49) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:42 am

Post by RubberDuck »

They aren't stronger than dynamite exploding in their face, keep it ready just in case. Even if it lands by the creatures feet, it should still blow it to pieces. I think we can expect that thing to attack us in the Eatery unless it's gone chasing after Cindy. We're watching the cctv in case it moves. If Cindy jumped into the Lab she's probably alone with Xavier, so I'd guess either way she's dead, unless she managed to escape somehow.

Jia's laser gun can still incinerate them in one shot, so there's that, but the risk you have is Xavier can see you alone on the lab cctv camera. If it comes for you, light your dynamite and throw it, if you superglue part of the dynamite, that should make it stick in place on the monster.

If it comes I recommend that you evade out the window, at 8ft tall i doubt it can climb through and follow you.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

You could just wait in the alleyway. If FrankenTerry comes into the bathroom, just throw the lit dynamite through the broken window and take cover.

Or if it comes out of the bank instead, jump into the bathroom and throw the dynamite out as it comes close, and duck and cover.

If you have a wall space between you and it, you should have no trouble kabooming it while staying safe.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #51) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:00 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Copy Carla. There was a portal in the Mr Wok. I'm somewhere else. I fell through when I took cover from the dynamite.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #52) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:11 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Yes, I'm in the lab, I'm ok appear to be stuck in here. Its well destroyed, lots of bodies. I can't seem to get out
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #53) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:14 am

Post by RubberDuck »

The portal teleporter system is powered and still functional.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #54) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:15 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Looks like it can be used to create a portal to any room. That's how Xavier arrived late, and escaped and where the Monster came from.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #55) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:22 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I don't how to operate the portal/teleporter.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #56) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:23 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Cindy is dead, and Casey's body is here too.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #57) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:31 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I don't see anything called Control Center here, but there is a computer on the west wall. I will try that.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #58) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

<I’m out of town for the rest of today>

Happy to talk to Johannes, he might be able help me figure the room out, but I’m afk for the next 6-8 hours.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #59) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:39 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Ambic says I'm unable to leave for the remainder of the phase.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #60) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:48 am

Post by RubberDuck »

<Sorry, have been out of town with family all day yesterday.>

Just between us, I have suspected for sometime that we are all in an alien simulation. That’s why none of us can remember before the mall or why we each have our goals for no apparent reason. We all knew where to look in the mall for certain things, but when we stared asking how do we know this detail, who told us, or why do people seem to know where to look for clues etc. None of us have any history as to who put things here and how do people then know to look for things in the mall with no apparent history or memory?

If I'm right, that could mean we are all inside or connected to AL, the alien Augmentation League Hive computer Jia was talking about. Jia said one of the effects was losing memory from being connected.

While I was back in the Cafe with Terry, I tried to look back out into the eatery to see if anyone remained behind, but all I could see was the void. The simulation appears to have limited memory capacity.
RubberDuck wrote:
Stand in cafe door and look out to the Eatery other stores to see if anyone remained behind.
Ambic wrote: You are unable to see anyone. It's as if the eatery was in a parallel dimension somewhere

I think the aliens on the TV want the secrets to the portal/teleportation or time travel from Xavier.

Johannes even said he was after the secrets of the mall. It might be the technology from the TV that the aliens are after.

Jia also had a magic piece of paper written in an alien language that always shows the current code to the freezer door is, which Yvonne currently has. Though the lab entrances have since been destroyed.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”