Rata Mall - The Office 2 - Phase 8

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Cautiously call out to Yvonne
Can we turn the lights on please? There was a secret passage in the phone store to the elevator shaft.

Radio Carla
Rubberducky you're the one.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Stand back from Yvonne

I found a walkie talkie in the phone store, so I'm in touch with Carla. I've let her know I'm with you.

We're planning on using my radiation drugs to get through the irradiated tunnel in the carpark.

We're going to try a mad dash to try to get underneath the barbers during the next room.

Do you need any help in here?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

We also don't know what exploded, but it caused the elevator grease to leak through the wall in the phone store, which is how I found the shaft access.

We suspect that means it must have been the lab.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 0, ambic wrote:There are a bunch of desks in the south, where the minio....employees work, and a big CCTV wall. It doesnt show much though, it's showing the Eatery - where nothing is happening. There is a single PC here, but it lacks a monitor.
There is a monitor in the barbershop that could be used. Harry and I left it behind because we couldn't think of a use for it at the time.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Carla told me the red car was pushed back over the manhole to the tunnel, do you happen to know if Casey put the manhole cover back on? We'd need to move the car and crowbar it open again if that's the case.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 9, Talitha wrote:I saw a small amount of smoke coming from the bathrooms gestures at the CCTV wall so I wondered if the explosion was Carla with her dynamite and matches. Relieved to hear she's OK.
She failed to mention that, though she did say she was doing something risky and might die from it, so that makes sense.

She was trying to get a box that she saw from the tunnel with her grandfathers initials "H.T" on it.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I'd guess we could also climb back down to the phone store from here, but my headlamp died during the climb up, so its risky.

There's also nothing else down there item wise, other than a metal detector, the room had already been cleaned out of other items, so I think someone went in there previously.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Hmm ok, what have you searched so far? To date, every room has had something hidden in it.

We already know how to solve the monitor issue. So that's an easy fix for later.

What else is in here? Have you had any luck or clues so far?

You were here first, so fairness dictates you get dibs on anything found.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Carla is asking for anything related to her Grandpa? Anything related to Harold Temperton or H.T she'd like to know.

Perhaps the name of the mad scientist?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Try plugging it into the computer, it's probably an IP phone and works through the computer network.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Oooh, how about:

The contract is a lease to a Carl Hinvey, signed with an X, for Xavier?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 19, Talitha wrote:There was a phone on the reception desk but no jack to plug it into. So I picked up the phone, and am in search of a jack.

Actually
push reception desk a metre or so, and check underneath and around for anything interesting
Why don't you just use the wall phone instead? Or swap them out?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 24, Talitha wrote:Oh I am clever

amb likes anagrams

Xavier Lynch =...... Carl X Hinvey
Go you! Well done.

That means he made Mark Knorp and Mark's said it was his job was to kill the mad scientist - That means Xavier killed Mark while the lights were off!!
Should I try calling 111?
Yeah, if we were in New Zealand. Try 911, or there used to be a 3 digit code for calling other phones in the same household.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

The currency so far has been American, dimes and quarters, and $1 bills etc, I think Ambic has just mixed up a bunch of references and the setting is mostly irrelevant.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

You're right, there are a lot of kiwi references Ambic has used that I hadn't noticed.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 27, Talitha wrote:I've got no-one to call right now. I wondered if I took the phone I might be able to phone someone in the Office here later. But there isn't an obvious phone number for the Wall phone

Should I try calling 111?
Check the underside of the phone. The dialback number in Nz is 137 In the states its 958 and 959.

Dial the number and then hang up the phone, all connected phones on the same line should start ringing - if it stops ringing, someone has picked up one of the phones, then you pickup the phone you called from and talk.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Where was this cupboard with confiscated items?

We should look out for anything that has the alien insignia trident shape.. might be an alien tool, or anything that is clearly named/labeled
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Johannes found a mummified arm in the basement that fell in from the highway that a ring with the alien insignia on it, so I'm thinking it could unlock something, much like how the stone cutters ring worked as a key in that one episode of the Simpsons making fun of the Free Masons.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

There are two photo copiers in here, the malfunctioning one probably has a job queued, should we try to clear any jams in the paper tray, refill the paper, and if needed take toner/ink from the other machine? Might also be documents in sitting in the scanner.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Good work.

Cryptic. The pc probably has the print job author.
We have nothing of value here in the mall.
Value is subjective.
Your search should not start or finish here
Meaning, this room in particular? But someone is searching for something.
We are of no value to you.
Or someone.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Was there anything in the scanning bay of either machine? That should confirm whether the job came from the pc or a direct scanned item. The working photo copier might be able to search the user history of for the last print job.

If it was a one sided scan, the original might have something written on the back, that document also might have something printed on the back.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Oh you have no idea how many 100's of searches I tried in other rooms that resulted in Ambic waiting 24 hours before processing my actions and started netting me sarcastic "Stop looking at this" type responses :lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:12 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Carla and I were discussing that earlier.

Jia said fashion store, but Johannes indicated he wasn’t going to the cinema alone. Given that he has Jias lasergun. It makes sense if Jia could be with him there too if she wanted her gun back and safety in numbers.

I was down in the phone store and then in here with you. Carla we know is in the bathroom.

That leaves Xavier (who could have also followed Johannes) Harry, and Cindy unaccounted for.
Carla and I think it’s odd Cindy went to the bookstore 3x turns straight and would like to ask her about that later..

We know something big has blown up so I’d guess Jia or Xavier did something in the lab?

Carla and I have also noted that only
half
of the mall cctv cameras were viewable from the lab. Rooms like the phone store, hardware store and barber shop aren’t viewable from the lab despite having cctv cameras in them that are on and recording.

We concluded that if Mark did find a locked door to a lab, it cannot have been the cafe door, and therefore we think there could be a second wing or part to the lab in the west side of the building between the bank and the barbers, which is how we came up with the mad tunnel plan using my radiation drugs.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:33 am

Post by RubberDuck »

If something blew up in the lab, there could be several possibilities.

1) An accident. He tried to do something and it backfired.
2) Deliberate - either to open up a new area, destroy some evidence or even an attempt to kill Jia - What if he set something off and then escaped the room?
3) The explosion came from elsewhere.
4) What if Johannes and Xavier did actually fix the gas but just lied about it to everyone and that’s what blew up?
5) The explosion was story related and not triggered by players.

Other than the cloning vats, what was in the lab? Anything explodey? Perhaps the lab had a self destruct button or similar.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #24) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Carla is asking if the rooms Xavier rented are specified in the contract?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Blood rituals are typically dark magic, so if anyone was a sorcerer - I'd argue that it was Sir Leo, but why was he trying to commune with Xavier while Xavier was in the room?

Xavier also went feral about Leo not being the one after him for his "youth", stating it was never him and that Leo was trying to expose him. In the heat of everything that went down in the eatery, no one questioned Xavier further and he started threatening to chop peoples hands off (with a baseball bat, ironically.)
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

We know Xavier has a baseball bat - unsure where he got it from, but he had it after coming out of the basement the 2nd time after rebooting the generators and not the first. Perhaps a room opened up down there? He was also carrying a fuel can in his other hand. To use a knife, he'd have to drop something.

He hinted to Terry that he found a sharp knife in the Cafe in phase one - However, this is unconfirmed.
He also picked up a shard of glass from the broken truck in the eatery - unsure if this is a weapon or if he wanted to prevent people seeing his reflection.
Sir Leo used broken glass to cut himself, so I'd guess it also counts as a weapon?

Worst case scenario is you fight him, knock him out and loot him. You have the handcuffs here you could use to restrain him?
Fighting is probably a bad idea, as I pointed out to Johannes when they jumped Mark, supporters only add a +1 and their weapons aren't counted. Jia very nearly lost that fight and Mark could have killed her for it.

I think its likely that Jia and Johannes will defend Xavier given how close they've been so far.

I'm still the crowd favorite for being Marks killer (Because I threatened to in the eatery when i accused him of cheating), Jia's AL drone and the remainder of the group still think I might be the mad scientist because of Mark's accusation.

Honestly I'm amazed they haven't just mobbed the rest of us and sailed to an easy win. I suspect thats how the game will end, a small group out tank everyone else, finish their win cons and call game.

Everyone must be close to their end game, I say this because Carla is claiming to have done her 1st part and Terry's was collect ingredients, find the brewery and brew the alcohol. Terry had all his ingredients by phase 2 and just needed to get into the brewery to win. So even though people thought my win con was simple, Terry's was just find stuff and then get to a specific room. Carla finding the box with H.T seems to have been her first condition and now needs to get to a specific room. I'm concluding that the game must be nearly over, or that win conditions are totally independent everyone wins or loses on their own irrespective of everyone else.

For example, if Terry or Carla got to their needed rooms, how does that affect anyone else still playing? It doesnt make sense that would be game ending for everyone else.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Does your chainmail help you in melee combat at all, surely it would give you a +1 defense to melee or something? Maybe take the hard had from in here before we go back?

You already have a crowbar, you said there's a knuckle duster too, you probably can't use them both at the same time, so pick which one you think might be better?

The crowbar has more practical use, i.e. we need it for the manhole cover in the carpark so I'd vote for keeping that.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

hard hat[*]

Obviously wont help if you get shot, but I'd suggest that would give you reasonable defence against melee attacks?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I think trying to steal a weapon is risky, because no matter which one you take, he potentially has 2 more that he can use. Also we don't know for certain that he had a knife, only that he told Terry he had one and we know that Mark was stabbed which could either be a knife or the shard of glass..

How about this?
Do we know for certain that he had any other specific items on him? You mentioned your odds of stealing were higher if you didn't specify an item right? So if you can't disarm him because he has too many weapons, my suggestion would then be to take a random item off him for higher odds to meet your wincon.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

If Ambic has done his D&D research, chainmail probably negates bladed weapons to +0, but blunt weapons like bats and hammers and knuckle dusters typically bypass armor, so I'd still recommend taking the hard hat in case he tries to knock you out by whacking you in the head.

Really depends on how Ambic has simplified the mechanics to suit the forum.

We could try to cuff him mid combat, but I'm not exactly strong, so he could easily throw me off.

Didn't you already steal the dark chocolate off him though?
And he's shown absolutely no hesitation to murder whoever is in his way
That's true, that also might be because the failed clone openly stated wanting to kill the mad scientist. So he'll say it was a kill or be killed situation.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #31) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

We could always try jabbing him with my needle, though after using it on you, I doubt anyone will let me get close enough to another person, but what if I lent it to you, you inject Xavier and then while he's having a seizure, you cuff him?

It works the same way your stealing mechanic does, you have to wait for them to perform an action first, otherwise it counts as starting combat.

We also suspect I'll most likely be attacked and killed by Jia and the others the second I go back out into to the Eatery. They are still convinced that I am the AL drone and if not the drone that I must have at least killed Terry. Jia even went as far as suggesting that I put Terry in the Freezer to hide the body.

If Xavier is cuffed, you could always decide to finish him off if his alibi doesn't line up? I would caution executing him in front of the others though incase they buy his story and start accusing you of being a killer.

We could try convince him to come with us to the irradiated tunnel on the basis that there is another underground room that might have what he needs to fix his time machine.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #32) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Also, I've been wrong about every assertation I've made about players so far, so there's also that to consider.

Groza/Johannes typically plays devils advocate, so I guess he would ask, What if the clone was the evil and needed to die, if his task was only to kill the mad scientist, what would that mean if he succeeded. We all automatically lose because Mark killed Xavier? That seems unbalanced.

Ohh snap, Xavier did say something was after him specifically... He was probably talking about the clone Mark Knorp. Durrr Duck :facepalm:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I am being chased by someone trying to steal my youth.
We know that Xavier somehow made himself look young, presumably through technology in the lab, but his reflection shows his real age. Could he have uploaded himself to a younger clone body or used some sort of fountain of youth technology to make himself appear young?

Did any one search Marks body for items, if we presume for a moment that Xavier was possibly being partially honest about certain parts. What if Marks goal was actually to become young like Xavier by killing him for his youth?

I know in some time travel stories, incorrectly travelling through time alters the physical age of a person to look younger than they are. (e.g. Number 5 in Umbrella Academy, who is a 60 year old trapped as his younger 15 year old self.)
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #34) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

:lol: If you really wanted to avoid combat and to be cruel, you could just not mention the tunnel radiation to Xavier.

I'm asking Carla if she can use her dynamite to blast her way back into the tunnel from the alley outside the bathrooms. She indicated the alley was visible from the tunnel. It might be easier than trying to push the car and removing the manhole again since Casey isn't here to open it again.

I do wonder if the coin is needed to open something in that tunnel though..
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 76, RubberDuck wrote:I'm asking Carla if she can use her dynamite to blast her way back into the tunnel from the alley outside the bathrooms. She indicated the alley was visible from the tunnel. It might be easier than trying to push the car and removing the manhole again since Casey isn't here to open it again
She said no. Carla doesn't want to go to the irradiated area at this time. Ah well, was worth a shot.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #36) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 am

Post by RubberDuck »

His claim to me was that he was like Morty from the show Rick and Morty, who is a based off Marty McFly from back to the future. He claimed he was from the future and needed to get back to his future.

We know from the mad scientist evidence, that claim is unlikely. He has offered no explanation of why he looks old other than to say sir Leo was trying to expose him. Sir Leo does sound awfully like Rick Sanchez also from Rick and Morty. Deliberately trying to aggravate everyone.

Yes, I agree - killing mark in the dark while he was unconscious was a very shady thing to do.
Ooh, that’s a good theory - maybe the clone wanted to kill and to steal youth because he was a copy of the original. Remember that Carla also said the mad scientist looked psychotic in her photo.

The lie detector could only be used every second phase and Jia was able to defeat it, which was odd. Xavier would just play the right to remain silent card. So I’m not sure it would have helped.

What happens if you meet your win conditions first, before Xavier. If we get you to complete your objectives first does that finish the game?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #37) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:17 am

Post by RubberDuck »

And Leo also was using an anagram alias. I think those two might have connected and that explains why Leo suddenly offered to help Xavier in fixing the gas. Ohhh and they can commune with each other between rooms while alone?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #38) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:50 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Survive to end was my 2nd condition, it is irrelevant who else wins or how as long as I survive.

Harry made a similar comment, his was most money by the end of the game, irrelevant of everyone else.
Terry's was unique in that he just had to get wasted in the brewery and everyone else was irrelevant.

I wonder if we have to Scooby Doo solve the mystery of the mall i.e. Finish the story?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #39) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Sure.

Swap Syringe for handcuffs

Just need to be close to him and use it while he is doing another action.

I still think I want to try the mad dash down the tunnel afterwards, during the next room after we go back, will need you to help me open the tunnel. It might be suicidal but why else would i have medication for withstanding radiation, right?

I'd still like to know if we could put the coin safely into Johannes briefcase - Ambic said it was very heavy when it killed Sir Leo, so I'm hoping that means its made of lead or something.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #40) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:04 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Also, we've got less than 48 hours left in here, so we should try to find as much as we can in the time remaining?

So for items:

Knuckle Duster
Handcuffs
More matches
Security file with codes for pc and for fashion store safe
The Contract
Printed document
Pc without monitor
Two phones, wall mounted and the reception one
Hard Hat
Jacket

Have I missed anything?

Maybe take the rotary phone with us, if we find somewhere else to use it, we can link two rooms, maybe use the pc to complete an action that helps in the other room?
We will need to get someone to go collect the monitor from the lab or the one from the barbers.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #41) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:09 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Carla has one more stick of dynamite left, one option is if she doesn't use it, you could give her the flashlight back and when she takes it, try to steal the dynamite, now that you also have matches.

Could be useful if we need to damage any device that Xavier the mad scientist is trying to achieve? Just a thought.

Or you could just throw it at anyone stupid enough to attack you. :dead:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #42) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:16 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Also, you should be able pickpocket Xavier while he's having the seizure, same way I got your key.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

talitha wrote:Regarding Sir Leo... I had a lightbulb moment that he probably thought Xavier was the Sorceror. And If he had guessed right, I think something would've happened from the blood ritual. We were just lucky that Xavier wasn't the Sorceror.
I haven't seen any other references to magic so far other than that Ritual, which was some kind of sorcery I guess - or Alien behavior maybe?
Ariel wrote:That is also why Casey asked Jia while were in the cafe whether she was Good. He stated that her answer was not useful for the lie detector.

Examine Mark
Not sure of the specifics, but according to Carla, it didn't work on Jia - That was when I concluded that Jia was the drone and might have shot Casey. But you saw Carla and Casey in the Cafe together.
Talitha wrote:I don't want to try stealing or taking things from Carla anymore, unless we have good reason to believe she's dodgy or compromised. She's a good ally and I think we can mend the damage that I did in the Eatery. But if I did it again she might not be so forgiving.
That's fair, she did still act odd in the Eatery in the dark, how did she disappear like she did, even after the lights were back on - Perhaps an invisibility power? She also said he win condition changed after finding the H.T box and no longer needed to find "the Ghost."

I was unaware she needed to find a ghost at all, this is the first reference she's made to me regarding what she's actually trying to do.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Mind if I take the Jacket, no sense leaving it behind. Might have some extra pockets or something.

Put on Jacket
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #45) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 92, Talitha wrote:examine piece of paper written in strange language that I stole from Jia
Harry, Johannes, and Jia gave themselves fake notes in the bank in case they were pick pocketed, Harry said they were false codes for lockboxes in the Vault, but Jia could have written something else down.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #46) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 88, Talitha wrote:I made a copy of the contract and put it in my inventory. (You could grab the original if you wanted). I wonder if we should announce what we found, i.e. the contract - show everyone, but don't let on about the name anagram that points to Xavier. Then we could say, "does anyone know anything about this"? And if he says nothing, then we give him the jab & cuff treatment. It gives him a chance to explain first if he chooses to.... what you think? Someone else might figure the anagram out too... we'd have to be ready to act if he attacks or bolts. And doing it this way might give him too much warning to be ready for a confrontation.... I'm just not sure.
Yeah, I like that. Let's go with this idea, it might trick him into trying to talk his way out of it, If we pretend to be ignorant at first?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #47) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

That's odd, well.. i don't know..? how did Jia get that paper then, if the lab belongs to Xavier? If it's written in an alien language, presumably she wrote it. We know Xavier definitely got in there in phase one? Could he also be an alien?

The clue in the cafe was
"Remember her that created that which you are trying to do - It's nonsensical."

I know Jia is a Space Cop of some kind, she reminds me a bit of the asian, Amy Kroker in Futurama who is a Ph.d intern from Mars and Carla was asking before if we can find references to anyone being a Professor.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

If Carla could communicate with a ghost.. do you suppose she could commune with the dead also? Perhaps she's the sorcerer?

< This game is so confusing and weird I just don't know what's going on at all.. >
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Uh, these cuffs are missing a key? Do you happen to have one, because if not, anyone we cuff is going nowhere forever. :lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #50) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Hmm, maybe they aren't double locking cuffs and are the kind escape artists and magicians use..
Check handcuffs for secret release
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 115, Talitha wrote:Looks like it's a universal remote :mrgreen:
Universal huh? Try using it on people in the Eatery, if a drone, they should temporarily respond.

There was also a tv + vcr in the hardware store. and it probably works on the cctv in the lab, perhaps to the rooms that weren't viewable?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #52) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Damn..

The only way to open locked cuffs without a key is by shimming the cuff teeth with a thin piece of metal like a bobby pin, you slide the metal into where the cuff closes and tighten the cuff by one click which allows the pin to separate the cuff teeth from the locking mechanism and they slide right open..

But I'm a doctor and the average person doesn't know how to do that trick, so I think it's unreasonable to expect it to work in the context of the game.

As a "thief" it would seem likely that you might "know how" to do that shim a pair of cuffs, perhaps?

The other option is if we encounter a zip line, link the cuffs on to a cable and hang on to the other end.

Pickup hooked bandages
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #53) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

..That metal detector would be useful for finding a cuff key, those things are tiny.

Oh and because Carla's asking for it.
Search Filing Cabinet for refences of Carla's grandfather Harold Temperton or the initials H.T, or anyone with the title of Professor, Ph.d, Doctor, or Doctorate.

Remind me to ask her why she is wanting this information all of a sudden.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #54) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

That's an alternative to shimming the cuff teeth with a flat piece of metal, picking the lock on the cuffs with a paperclip also works.

The arm on a pair of thin metal framed glasses is also the correct size to shim a pair of handcuffs.

Don't ask me why I happen to know this. :lol:

One trick that could work for finding a small metal key (assuming there's even one in here), is turn off the lights and use Carla's flashlight to sweep the room to try and catch the glint of light reflecting off the key?

Otherwise if none of the above is viable, then I think the cuffs plan might be a dud, unless someone happens to have bolt cutters.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #55) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Aha! That explains why Carla was interested in that Gold ingot that Harry was lugging around. Not sure why she was interested in Ph.D.'s and Professors though.. Carla has also mentioned it's possible to get into the bank from the Alleyway from the Bathrooms.

What I got from Johannes and Harry regarding the Bank:

In the bank vault there were 4 security boxes, two locked by code, two locked by keys, and 3 Gold ingots.

The keys for one of the keyboxes were on the Tesla's keyring, and Johannes already had the keys to the other, he emptied the contents of both. Johannes then hid one Ingot somewhere in the bank, Harry took another, which Carla now has, and the other I presume is still there in the vault.

The two Numberlock code boxes are still unopened, and they have a trigger where if the wrong code is entered too many times, it'll spray that person in ink. They had some legit numbers to try, but both boxes are down to their final "entry". Harry, Johannes and Jia have fake made up numbers written on a piece of paper, in case they get pickpocketed.

Read Harold's Gold serial numbers records.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #56) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Sure, I'll do the flashlight sweep of the room. It's a neat trick (in real life) if you drop something small like a metal piercing or a pin onto carpet at night, sweep the light across the floor to catch the reflection in the metal.

Might take a while to process though, I haven't received any response from Ambic about what the serial numbers were on Harold's gold in file I found, so I'm guessing he went offline.

I'll hand it back to Carla back in the eatery.

Could also try to pick the lock on the cuffs - Just close them with nothing in them. Try to unlock them with the paper clip and if that doesn't work, you just keep closing the cuff through itself for a full rotation until its open again.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #57) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Read Harold's Gold serial numbers records.
I might not have clearly written what I was attempting to do, Carla want's to crosscheck the serial number on the gold ingot she got from Harry with the serial numbers on the file re: Harold's Gold.

I'm trying to read the file on Harold, so I can see what the serial numbers are and then relay the details to Carla. i.e. number of ingots, what their serial numbers are, where they are stored in the bank etc.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #58) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Carla has indicated the Gold ingot from Harry has the serial #12489
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (isolation #59) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Search files for building plans, schematics, maintenance reports, construction contracts or billing
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I'm ready. Once the lights are off.

Turn on the Torch, Sweep each area of the room with the light looking for the handcuff key or anything else that glints/reflects light
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #61) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I take it that means I didn't find anything?

Yvonne can you turn the lights on again.

Could try the paperclip in the cuffs? I wonder if we are clutching at straws and trying to come up with overly complicated plans?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #62) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Opps, crossposted.

Tali, hit the lights.

Pickup book & examine
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #63) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

That just means you have to keep trying until you get it

So, the question is what we do with this book?

It's a manual for, "How to Pickpocket."

I think probably better if no one else finds it, so we could tear it up and burn it with your matches, deface it with the whiteboard markers, or drop it down the elevator shaft?

Thoughts?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #64) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Already did when I picked up and looked at it.

How to Pickpocket:
Pickpocketing for a random item - This has a 90% chance of working, and a 10% chance of failing.
But if you accidentally grab a large item, you will not be able to hide what you did.

Pickpocketing for a particular item - has only a 60% change of working, and 40% of failing.
Failing means being caught in thread.

You cannot pick pocket for items you assume someone has. You must present evidence if requested.

The person must be doing an action whereby you can sneak up past them. The action of being nearby will be posted.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #65) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

And as we learned with this flashlight, cannot pickpocket an item someone is actively holding.

Tears out the pages of the book enough that it lights up from the match

When the book is too on fire to hold any longer, throw the remains down the elevator shaft

Turn off flashlight
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #66) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Thick as thieves. :lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #67) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:44 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 150, Talitha wrote:What happens if I roll a 3 when trying to open the cuffs??
You have to ask? The paperclip breaks the lock and they can never be opened is my guess.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #68) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

We should close the elevator shaft and doors.. There was a lot of grease down there, and it occurs to me that we just threw a flaming book.. into a grease filled elevator shaft..
Oh and the phone store probably is now on fire.

Close elevator doors and shaft access

*Whistles innocently and wanders to the cctv side of the room.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #69) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:56 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Call the elevator to this floor
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #70) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

It wasn't our fault - The explosion did that.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #71) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Yeah.. we might be stuck here for a while. :lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #72) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Good idea!
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #73) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:08 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Get down. Get low. Get out. Time to get Firewise

Put the mask on Yvonne!

The lift is here, either we try take it up to the cinema, or we send it down without riding it to try smother the fire?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #74) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Lay down on the floor, use bandages as makeshift mask to restrict smoke

Put the mask on!
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (isolation #75) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

It's a gamble. Let's try smother it. We may have to climb down the shaft later to get down. Water makes grease fires worse, definitely don't do that.

Hold the lift door open with one arm, hit Ground floor and then jump out of the lift, resume crawling and mask sharing
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #76) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:23 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I am literally trembling. :lol: Sheesh, :eek: is about how wired I am right now.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (isolation #77) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I could do with a night cap, I had vodka too, but used it on Leo's blood symbols.

Fun Fact:
Why You Shouldn't Use Water To Extinguish a Grease Fire:

Since water and oil don't mix, when you dump water on a grease fire, it sinks right through to the bottom due to the viscosity and evaporates instantly, spreading flaming oil everywhere. Because water is also made up of H₂O, the quick evaporation turns water into steam and steam into separates it's base gases. The Hydrogen (H) explodes, and the Oxygen (O) fuels fire.

Always smother a grease fire, Fire can't breathe, Fire can't burn.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #78) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:43 am

Post by RubberDuck »

How about, Instead of using the remote randomly. Try using the remote to change the channel to the lab. Then use the rewind button to see everything that’s happened in that room this phase. We also should try to check the cinema, brewery, bathroom, bank or other rooms we know people went to. Perhaps try to locate Cindy.

Should be able to fast forward through boring parts and just watch for key activities by the others?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #79) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:49 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Oh my god!! Look at that thing! No one goes anywhere alone, or unarmed.

The switch board in the phone store opened the panel to the elevator shaft, FYI

We need to try doing that on the lab screens, it seems to only record the one phase.

I can't imagine Ambic enthusiastically wanting to reference every recorded action that's taken place in every phase so far.

Another note, is every room so far has had approximately 2 secrets.
I think the book counts as one, the broken copier puzzle is was for anyone to figure it out, and the hidden compartment with the items.

I notice Ambic also drew attention to the working copy machine while the lights were off.

We should do a round room check before we leave to make sure we haven't missed a secret room, but I think we've found most of everything in here.

There's still the pc that needs the monitor for which you have the password for.

Examine working copy machine screen

Examine water cooler and cups
Might be something inside.

We should probably take the knuckle duster and give it someone else we can trust.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #80) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:58 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I thought there might have been a key in the water cooler for the exit.. but nevermind.

By the way, Yvonne I recognize that monster. It looks Terry, and has been combined with a Frankenstein Monster.

What do you think, Xavier made it from Terrys corpse and another one made from Casey is on it's way.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #81) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:25 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I've recommended that Carla superglues her stick of dynamite to make a sticky bomb and we throw it at the big guy.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #82) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:45 am

Post by RubberDuck »

There's a dead list?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #83) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:51 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Oh I hadn't even noticed this list, you're right. Terry and Casey were "Missing" I'd say that means we can expect a frankenstien Casey soon.

Missing:
Battle Mage
is Terry Young: Early 20s Unkempt, poorly shaved, Strong looking but bloodshot eyes. Carrying a stick and a wok
PookyTheMagicalBear
is Casey Ballentyne: Male,Early 30s Tall, Muscular, Scar across his face, slightly balding, tidy Beard, Dressed in Denim. A Bow across his shoulder, with two arrows. Carrying a very hefty 2ft cast iron crowbar.

Dead:

Green Crayons
is Sir Leo Mustelid: Modern Slimming Suit and Tie, Very Dapper, Overweight, Wrinkly. Carrying a pitchfork.
Zag
is Mark Knorp: Male, Mid-Late 60s Short, to the point of dwarven, Hunchbacked, Two large lumps on face, one under and around the eye. Muscular.

Sure you keep it, sounds like Xavier needs a good knuckle dusting.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (isolation #84) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:44 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Keep track of the monsters whereabouts on the screen
If it comes into the eatery, we might need to be ready for a fight, otherwise it could try to go for Carla in the bathroom. Xavier will be able to see her alone via the lab screens. It may also have chased Cindy into the lab, I presume she jumped down the chute to get away but that puts her in a room alone with Xavier.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #85) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:49 am

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 201, Talitha wrote:Holy moly
I wonder if we should see if we can travel up to the cinema??
Let's try it!
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (isolation #86) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Johannes and Xavier have both mentioned time travel to me several times and we know there is a time machine in the lab, as well as a teleporter. Wondering if we should keep an eye out for time travel references like Dr. Who etc, Back to the Future.

Terry also said there were many books in the bookstore about time travel and the concept of time. I'm guessing that means there is going to be something relevant in the mall that can be changed through the application time travel.

Check kettle for signs of time travelling (End of Eternity by Isaac Asimov), Microverse, Miniverse, or Teenyverse (Rick and Morty), Pocket dimension (Fringe, Dr Who, Dirk Gently) or a Universe in a box (Futurama)
:lol:
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (isolation #87) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 209, ambic wrote:The elevator comes back up. However I have a planned power cut starting at 1, for two hours. It might be a while waiting on it.
I assume so, I'd give it another 30-40 minutes though, sounds like Ambic was having work done on his house.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (isolation #88) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Um.. There's also a chance that thing heard the elevator go down when we smothered the fire, and we may have just brought it back up here..
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (isolation #89) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Shall we both go up?

Better if we stick together, we don't know how long those things take to make or how many at a time, so FrankenCasey could already be wandering around.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #90) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Yes, i only was able to climb one floor
or just say this
Go to cinema