Rata Mall - The Cinemas 2 - Phase 8

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

So where do we start Yvonne? Jia is here, so that means Xavier was in the lab alone.
Rubberducky you're the one.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

We got play back on some CCTV cameras in the office.

We saw a monster inside the fashion store having a fight with Cindy(Nexus), who then vanished (Nexus, not the monster).
We watched the monster trashing the now empty fashion store. Seriously, that thing is 8ft tall, at least.

I recognize the monster. It looks like Terry, and has been combined with a Frankenstein Monster.

We think Xavier made it in the lab and there's going to be another one made from Casey.

Yvonne, do you want to cover off the Carl X Hinevy contract?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Are you alright?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

It also seems like we can freely use the elevator to move between the cinema, the office and the eatery.

Also it was possible to climb the elevator shaft from the phone store to the office as long as the lift carriage was on the cinema level, that is with enough light and something to climb with.

Point to now dead head flashlight
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

We're going to need a plan, the priority is dealing with the Monster, this is irrespective of whether we think Xavier made it or not.

Terry and Casey were both identified as "Missing" instead of "Dead"
Missing:
Battle Mage
is Terry Young: Early 20s Unkempt, poorly shaved, Strong looking but bloodshot eyes. Carrying a stick and a wok
PookyTheMagicalBear
is Casey Ballentyne: Male,Early 30s Tall, Muscular, Scar across his face, slightly balding, tidy Beard, Dressed in Denim. A Bow across his shoulder, with two arrows. Carrying a very hefty 2ft cast iron crowbar.

Dead:
Green Crayons
is Sir Leo Mustelid: Modern Slimming Suit and Tie, Very Dapper, Overweight, Wrinkly. Carrying a pitchfork.
Zag
is Mark Knorp: Male, Mid-Late 60s Short, to the point of dwarven, Hunchbacked, Two large lumps on face, one under and around the eye. Muscular.

We know that Terry's cooked remains were found in the Lab, Jia and Yvonne can both confirm this. We - Yvonne and I, have since seen on the office cctv wall that there was an 8 ft monster that resembles Terry. - Therefore, if Casey died the same was as Terry in the freezer, his remains will likely have ended up inside the Lab. I'd guess that means we can expect an 8 foot Frankenstein Casey soon.

Now, there's only about 15 hours left before we return to the Eatery, so if anyone wants proof of the monster, we can show you on the camera wall in the office.

Also, we do not know what caused the big explosion earlier, nothing visible exploded in the eatery that we could see on camera. But it was enough to send me flying in the phone store. We believe Carla is safe in the bathrooms.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

I doubt it, there was no explosion preceding the first 8ft being that Jia, Harry, and Johannes encountered in the bank. That also implies that any dead body could be used and we left Mark and Leo out in the eatery, not to mention the bodies in the bank alley and carpark.

Cindy was in the fashion store, could she have tried to destroy the lab?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 13, CaptainMeme wrote:There was a drainage route that I did not follow in the lab."
Interesting.. Xavier indicated to Yvonne that he was going to the Lab, but saying something and doing it are two different things. Any chance the drain is a one way exit from the Lab? Perhaps it was the lab that indeed blew up and he traversed the drain route. Or maybe he went direct to the basement. Did you see anything that could result in a big explosion in the lab?

Johannes, you've been to the basement? Is there any drainage that flows into the basement that a person could fit through? Did you see a way from the basement that would lead to end of the escape route where you encountered Xavier?

Yvonne, do you think you could rewind the cctv far back enough to see what rooms we all went to?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 am

Post by RubberDuck »

So here's what I've got so far.

1) Carla's Digital photo of her Grandpa with the Psychotic looking Mad Scientist,
2) X Carl Hinvey Contract, Lease for Multiple rooms in the mall, (Carl Hinvey X = Xavier Lynch)
3) Xavier accessed the lab in from the cafe using his backstory - this was confirmed by Xavier contacting Johannes in the basement via the cctv speakers during the same phase. He claimed entering the first incorrect code to the freezer door and leaving it alone there after.
4) Xavier hinted to Terry about the door being in the Cafe, which is why Terry went looking for it and knew approximately where to find it.
5) Xavier claimed to be fixing the time machine in the lab, the lab also contains cctv cameras, a portal/teleporter system, and cloning vats. A generator adjacent to the cloning vats, and a laser attached to said time machine. There was a heavy duty power cord in the hardware store and Xavier went there in the 2nd phase, perhaps needed it to power the devices in the lab?
6) A clone appeared to have broken free of the cloning vats and escaped.
7) Mark Knorp claimed to be the failed clone that escaped the lab and was fatally stabbed while unconscious AFTER stating a goal of needing to eliminate the Mad Scientist who botched the job of creating him.
8) Xavier claimed he was being chased by someone that was trying to steal his youth - this could have been Mark - perhaps Marks goal was to correct himself using the original? If he was a clone of the mad scientist, then he too was the mad scientist and both had murderous intent.
9) Xavier in fact appears to be an old man when viewed in a reflection.

There may be a time difference, Terrys body was discovered during the next search of the lab by Yvonne and Jia sometime after he went missing, Casey might still have been alive in the Cafe with Carla at the time this discovery was made.
Are we assuming that the elevator fire was related to the explosion
No, the explosion was just after I went into the phone store. I found the access hatch to elevator not long after and climbed up to the office where Yvonne was. We figured out the anagram on the Carl contract to be meaning Xavier. The fire was sometime after the explosion, we nearly died from smoke inhalation, we smothered it by sending the elevator down with no one in it. The explosion shockwave was close enough to send me flying in the phone store and a gave me a bloody lip.
Do you still have anti-radiation medication?
Yes, and I know how to get where you are looking for. However, its irradiated beyond a certain point. I was going to try do a suicide run down there to try and neutralize the radiation, but without Casey's Geiger counter it is a risk. I have been wondering if the coin is relevant to that area, it is irradiated, so perhaps came from there and needs to be returned. That is why I was asking if your case was lead lined, so we could safely transport the coin.

We also found an unsigned template copy of a disclaimer stating the following.

To whom it may concern

We have nothing of value here in the mall. Your search should not start or finish here, we are
of no value to you.

If you search us, you will find nothing.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:26 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Again, Casey might still have been in the Café with Carla at that point.

Has anyone else noticed the Cafe freezer is external to the building and attached to the mall wall, the door is on the back of the east wall which should open directly onto the highway, but instead it goes to a lab.

Perhaps it's also possibly like the Tardis from Dr Who and functions like a sub dimension.

Also, Sir Leo was also using an anagram alias and attempted to commune with Xavier.

In his original claim to Terry:
Win condition involves looting food his sick, elderly grandfather who is a famous inventor - and the only one who knows how to get him home. After phase 1, he was more interested in finding "equipment and medicine". He is trying to build a time machine, so he can go back in time to when his grandad wasn't sick, and presumably everything was normal. He is looking for missing bits for the time machine, and also wants to get in touch with his grandad.
I made a deal with him whereby he gave me yeast in return for a promise I would help him fix the generators in the basement later. He was given the book about generators by Carla so he should know how to fix them. Although he may have gone to the Phone store this time to find a way to contact the grandad.
Likely armed with a sharp object. Went to Cafe in phase 1.
He later told me that a lot of his backstory is Back to the Future/Rick and Morty based and implied that Sir Leo was like Rick Sanchez/Doc Brown.

Getting the power running might well have been for the lab and not the elevators.

30mins before deadline, so put in any final actions before the room change.

Search Candy for Chewing Gum
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:41 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I wonder if that rule applies to cola I tipped out on the blood rituals. Or are they special donuts?

Check cola machine for drinks
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:47 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Use $10 and buy 2x cola
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:49 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Glares at the machine

Yvonne. Crowbar open this machine for me would you?
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:50 am

Post by RubberDuck »

Forget it, Casey already opened the one in the eatery.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”