factorio

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Legit question for people who have played it: how does Factorio comapre with shapez.io? Asking because I "finished" it a few weeks ago and now I'm aching for something similar, everybody seems to recommend Factorio, but I have some doubts
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Andycyca »

In post 9, Farren wrote:I've played both, although The biters in Factorio definitely provide a challenge that is missing in shapez (at least, I think it is? I haven't beaten shapez, so for all I know you have to fend off angry pentagons later?), but they can be disabled if you don't want to deal with them.
There's no threats in shapez, unless you count self-inflicted head injuries (but that's a given with this kind of games, right? :lol:)

That's precisely why I ask. Someone on Steam left a shapez review as
"Factorio without the stressful critters"
or something like that, and I wonder whether that's really the case. I'm obviously up for a challenge, but not unnecessary stress, given that real life is bad enough as it is. Just how much "extra" challenge does these biters add? Do you need to plan for defense in all your "hubs"?

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Andycyca »

I see... the main thing that worries me is inserting RTS-like elements into the game (not that I don't like RTS, but I usually turn to games like shapez to slow down and not worry about immediacy)

Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Andycyca »

In post 13, Farren wrote:The only other problem that tends to fall into that category is a power outage - and even then, the worst that happens is "Your factory shuts down until it's fixed" rather than "Parts of your factory have been destroyed."
Upon reading this, I realize that what irks me is pulling me out of "the zone", rather than the threat of losing progress. Games are supposed to be escapism!

But I digress.

Maybe it's not so bad as I fear---I'll see if it ever has a sale now that it's out of Early Access

Return to “The Arcade”