Identity Reboot [post-Round 10]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

/in as stranger (next round I guess :D )
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #402 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:46 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Bump
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #405 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:47 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

I used to live on the observatory in Cape Town, which isn't really used for observation anymore because of light pollution, so there's a whole bunch of telescope domes there that are boarded up with the telescopes having been removed. Myself, my brother, and our friend Dima were kind of obsessed with Medieval 2 Total War at the time so we sharpened sticks and acted out medieval battles, which we promptly got banned from doing by our parents after I hit my sister in the face with one.

Anyway, Dima knew a way to get into one of the telescope domes (there was a way you could climb in through the roof) so we continued and just hid all of the sharpened sticks in the dome whenever we weren't using them. Somehow that eventually turned into our equipment shop, where we'd 'sell' stuff to one another - still mainly sticks fashioned into various items, but also 'supplies' in the form of this one edible clover-looking leaf we'd find and gather up.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #477 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:44 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

You cut around the orange in a circle, then cut it in half, so you end up with two sorta cylinders with a curved orange-skin base you can hold them by. The idea is that you can sort of suck the juice out of it :D
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #480 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Spoiler: The superior form of an orange

Edit: don't ask me why the photo is upside down, I cannot figure out phone cameras
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #582 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

I was booked on a tour of Old Havana on my first day in the city, ended up chatting to the guide about it all afterwards. His English was... not great, and I speak fluent Spanish, so I switched over and he got pretty enthusiastic.

We talked basically until the next group showed up, and I ended up tagging along with that tour for free. Then he asked me if I wanted to give it a go on the next one, so I acted as his assistant - I'd give the details I remembered, then he'd fill in the rest. Was a bit daunting but ended up being fun! Just did it the once though since I needed to get to the hotel after that :D
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #592 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:30 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

My sister was taking piano lessons at the time, the piano teacher went on holiday for a fortnight and my parents asked me to teach her in the meantime. I was decent (but a bit rusty) and it was pretty beginner-level stuff, so ended up going pretty well. The piano teacher was surprised by how much she'd improved when he got back so I count that as a win!
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #748 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 744, racefan12 wrote:
CaptainMeme: How did you come to be someone who listened to vinyl records?

My dad had a record player buried in the attic that I found when I was helping clear out. Seemed pretty cool to me at the time, so I asked if I could keep it and parents were fine with it! I didn't get any records for it until about a year later, but since then I've become a bit of an avid collector :D
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #783 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:05 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Dragons!

I'm here to pitch my all new idea - something you'd be a fool not to buy into!

It's called...

So here's the thing. You're an aristocrat. You're so used to winning at life that you're almost expected to win whatever you do, right? If you don't at least come out of this game with a draw, the people will see you can be beaten and you'll be facing a serf revolt.
So why not go with the absolute safest alliance in Diplomacy and align with my Russia. You're guaranteed at least a draw and that's what you're looking for!

(Obviously this wasn't how it went down but it's close enough :D He was a really nice guy who I didn't find out was one of the richest young men in the UK until about a year after I played with him. We ran the juggernaut alliance and I ended up edging out the board top over him.)

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”