ITT we lament our backlog and play old games

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

My Steam Profile
(from SteamDB)

• Worth:
    $6494 ($1899 with sales)
  • Games owned:
  • Games played:
    (54%)

• Hours on record:
    4,296.6h
i have so many games im never going to play
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

well i currently need to finish Nier Automata for ps4

but on pc ive never finished the darksiders series and want to do that at some point
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I've gone through a phase recently where I'll buy a game and just burn out on it like immediately.

First happened with Ghost of Tsushima, then Nier Automata, then Crash 4.

GoT is because I just don't think it's a great game. It's good, it's quality, yeah. But it's just another pretty coat of paint slapped on top of the Assassin's Creed formula, except maybe even more tedious because there are no towers to reveal the map, you have to literally ride around on your horse to every location to reveal it. Which has a certain "immersive" element to it, but the map is HUGE, and it gets exhausting. And then like, I personally think the character models are meh at best? Looks like an early PS4 game, not a 2020 release.

Nier: Automata... man I just don't get it. The music is good and the story is a little interesting but I have fallen asleep playing it TWICE because it's just... I don't know. It's running across big empty spaces to go button mash at a group of robot enemies which drop a billion items named things like TYPE-3S POD UPGRADE MODULE 26B or R07 SHIELD UNIT or COMPLEX GADGET or whatever, just so generic, and there's no immediate understanding of what they're used for. The combat isn't engaging, it's just button mashing. It's sacrifices substance for style, even though that style is really fucking good.

Crash 4 is actually really great, but I went into it with the idea of wanting to Platinum the game. And then I died. A lot. Over and over again. Punishingly difficult, at times. Then I looked up the Plat and found out you have to get every N.Sane relic in the game. N.Sane relics require you to beat a level without dying once while collecting every gem in the level by breaking every crate, collecting 80% of all fruit, and the hidden gem. In case you've forgotten, Crash is a series where if you get hit by one enemy, you die. Full stop. Maybe you can find a mask which saves you from one hit. But this is also a Unity game, and like other Unity platformers, the controls feel a bit dodgy. Several levels have you controlling a character that has to be able to aim a gun in a three dimensional space, but the game provides no cross hair or aiming reticle to show you where you're aiming. I'll still finish this probably, but my dreams of digging in to 100% it are just dead.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:02 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 28, Ythan wrote:The more open worlds I play the more I am convinced that paths are better. Wrt Ghost.
Yeah with the exception of BOTW, or like Minecraft if you count that, I haven't played many enjoyable open world games.

I loved Witcher 3 up until I didn't because it took me to a new map with a whole new open world to explore and I was like "i am fucking done"
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 37, Ythan wrote:By saving grace I meant specifically with regards to the map. The game overall is excellent imo.

Another plus for the map every place is actually distinct and at least somewhat interesting.

Coughskyrimcough.
i am definitely on team "skyrim is a bad game" but i would extend that to basically every single bethesda game, full stop
green shirt thursdays

Return to “The Arcade”