Sequester--December 18, 2020 [SIGN-UPS]

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Sequester--December 18, 2020 [SIGN-UPS]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:41 am

Post by PrivateI »

It's time for Mafiascum's first ever Sequester mini! (Note, this game is a parody work. While the format is not exclusively my own creation, my own twists to adapt this game to the Discord format will be used. Audrey Middleton, famous Big Brother 17 player, came up with the original concept for both the Sequester live game and Sequester mini format and full credit should be given to her).

This is the first of TWO live games I'm planning for the holiday break!

Here's how it works--the whole game will play out on Discord, in voice chats. This game will not take longer than four hours, and will start at 7 PM EDT on Friday, December 18, 2020(I can be persuaded to push it later if I need to).

Each round, you'll be able to talk to anyone you wish by moving between a number of "rooms". However, also each round, the rooms will have a "room limit". If more people are in a room than the room limit reflects, no one will be allowed to talk until someone leaves. You'll vote someone out each round. There are additional twists that impact voting each round, and idol-type objects that can nullify votes against you.

Sequester-specific rules:

Sequester tends to feature "drag rounds'. These will be announced when they happen, but in general, it means that someone who is voted out will be able to choose someone who is also eliminated at the same time.

At the Final Four, a drag round automatically happens. No one is safe/immune, the four people vote, all votes are exposed, and the person eliminated chooses someone to drag out, creating the Final Two.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'm looking for SIXTEEN players.

Players

1. Pablito
2. Iprobablysuck
3. SaveTheDragons
4. Tris
5. Radja
7. Skelda
8. Cheery Dog
9. PickEmGenius
10. D3f3nd3r
11. Overkill
12. VashtaNeurotic
13. Creativemod1

Spectators

1. Xofelf
2. Aronis
3. Silverclaw
4. Drench
5. Malkon
6. Snakes
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:39 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 9, D3f3nd3r wrote:Does the format mean that a mic is required?
A mic is required. There are no private messages and all talking will be in voice channels.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by PrivateI »

With that, we have half the playerbase confirmed! The first post should have an updated list. Eight more people and we can get this show on the road. If we can get 11, I'll run an expedited version regardless (it's hard to run smaller than that).
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Time is going to hold. It causes more problems than not to delay it, sorry west coasters.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:20 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 35, Awoo wrote:How late you gonna keep signups open? I might not know if I can join or not until the day of.
I imagine I'll be looking for players to get us to 16 until the day of. For now, I'm planning to run the game regardless, I think we can get at least eleven.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I just sent a pm to the folks I have down as players for this game. If you didn't get a pm, please reach out to me privately or post here quickly. See you tomorrow!

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”