Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Excitement. Blank graphs marks a new era.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

If we can start doing that for Team Mafia stuff, I might nom SS for that same game for Master Strat.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 47, Menalque wrote:
In post 44, Alisae wrote:not as much as a hot take: Mena REALLY needs to learn how to play scum
Rude

Ftr I think the number of scum games I’ve lost that I’ve played from the start is exactly 1, which was the mini theme, and which I was incredibly burned out in and still overwhelmingly TR by the majority of the PL
Wait until you play 5-6 scum games concurrently/back to back.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:46 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 66, Boonskiies wrote:I got a White Knight Nom coming in, I’ll do the write up when I have time tomorrow.
Well, it’s coming...when’s the deadline?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I feel like I did more, or at the very least equal to a good amount of those players, including a full day 1 solve, but I digress.

I was even able to successfully have Titus town read me from Day 1.

I had like one split incorrect read, with Hectic/AF, but I stated one of them was scum anyways, and had RR the day before.

Idk. I don’t know if I agree with that one like that.

You even clearly thought I was a Mason in scum chat.

The duck even quoted my “scum should always kill Boon” sig, again, I digress.
Last edited by Flavor Leaf on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Just wait for the PT’s Cakez. We got like 26+ pages in those 2 first night phases alone.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Damn, I’m gonna have to write one now. That’s fine. I’ll do it tonight.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Modfather
12/24/20 Flavor Leaf The Baker The Baker showed up only a year and a half ago, and essentially has been modding Large Theme games nonstop once they were given the ability to do so. This year, he modded 3 Large Themes, 2 with 21p, and 1 with 16p. His games all consist of strong flavored Role PM's, strong consistency with creating vote counts, and a bunch of small details within the flavor to help the game feel more lively. He brings the FUN into "Large Over The Top Game Probably Cult and Bastard, but still FUNctions." He has post game awards he does every game, "The Golden Baguette Winner". While his games aren't for everyone, they fill a popular niche that not a lot of mods create, including finding multiple different ways to add a Cult faction. These games are the definition of Theme Park, and you know what to expect from a Baker Level Bastard game: A wild time with strong technical modding. He is one of the only newer mods to play their hand in the Large Theme queue. There are some who might think that only 3 games is not enough for consideration, but when his games last 4 months each, I think it's surprising enough to get 3.

Musician Mafia: Guitarist Edition
Redneck Mafia
Twice Baked Wrestling: Brawl At The Bakery
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I'll have a few more, but that's one of the ones I really wanted to get out there.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:02 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Game of the Year
1/3/2021 Flavor Leaf Nachomamma8 (and Tammy) Ilicit Substances This game has a great narrative. It started off pretty rough, there was a FL-Cabd/Ffery duel, and there was a Remover role that wasn't fun, but the overall game I think is insanely memorable and created a fantastic game.
Besides the Day 1 misfade, this game was essentially a perfect game, and not because the scum team rolled over by any means. Every single day was maximized, and strong play from the town was able to catch scum. Something Smart fake softing an investigation leading to their death Night 1 as Vanilla helped secure the Day 2 fade on scum, after a long day of back and forth. This happened again on Day 3, where after a long day of going back and forth, the town kind of just got it together.
From then on, townies were able to create a strong town block, and Zmuffin lead a plan to secure a victory for town, essentially no matter what, and still Bork was able to get a situation where in final 4 they still had somewhat of a chance, no matter how small. Secret Tunnel hydra (Notscience/IV) was able to go from the main scum candidate to becoming undeniably obv town by play alone. Cabd/Ffery hydra was stellar at leading town. Bell was a great town support, 420 Blaze It got a clutch protect, I loved my pseudo masonry with The Bulge, and to top it all off, immediately after this game ended, Xenoblade II started, and Notscience, Ffery, Cabd, Myself, Bell, and Midwaybear were all able to almost immediately read each other correctly and mindmeld to an amount I have never seen before, and I believe that all was able to happen because of this game. Nacho/Tammy were great mods, and even though the Remover role wasn't fun to be removed, I actually don't mind it as a function for the setup they were creating. Very little power, but weird af power, and that was fun. Every single slot had a high amount of agency, and I gained a high amount of respect for every player in this game.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

lol 'slightly' bastard. Just full send the bastard. :lol: Most bastard game I've ever done. I like the nom for Auro, though, he did play his heart out in that game.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 304, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think that's the second game in a row Ydrasse outsmarted Flava Flav :3
Well, to be fair, I was like a 1 man town team, and still got 2 scum in the first one, and then I still realized something was wrong, and I got night killed.

And I wasn't going to mention it when Hectic put it in the nom, but if multiple people are saying it.

My vig theories had nothing to do with Ydrasse's play, it was just setup spec, and more like "if full vig, fuck the game anyways" moreso than fooled.

Gloria actually specifically called out Ydrasse as full vig too.

In post 319, Ahsoka wrote:
In post 305, Alisae wrote:does ydra even have a rising star nom yet
or gloria

I plan on nominating Ydra for it
this was me
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Rising Star
1/6/21
Flavor Leaf
Ydrasse
I didn't know of Ydrasse until I returned after a half year break, and when I came back, I found out.

Boardgames I was doing my thing, came in, Vig shot scum, went deep analysis mode, and Ydrasse coasted nicely with a doctor claim, and avoided the general solve plan. As this solve plan started to weaken, and after PookyPartner went down, Ydrasse was able to be perfectly positioned to kill the night and secure victory, almost from the backseat.

Pooky vs FL Ydrasse played very well here. As a vig, she shot the LHF slot who quickhammered, taking away a misfade option. Even without claiming vig, Ydrasse was able to come across as incredibly townie, and had strong reads, and forced themselves to be nightkilled over Masons after she claimed. She shot another misfade possibility in Toogelo, which lead to a concession of the scum team.

BTXIV: A Little Boonie Told Me After a rough beginning, and a scum partner going down Day 1, and another partner getting guiltied thereafter, Ydrasse and her partners managed to position themselves, and even in a losing effort, Ydrasse was able to get to Day 7 in the final 3. There was a time in this game that it looked like town was going to run scum over, but after the bus on their guiltied partner, they were able to get into an 8player complete reset, allowing the game to almost start over as a Micro Game.

Ydrasse is also modding games, and she's only going to continue becoming stronger.

Game of the Year
1/6/2021 Flavor Leaf Krazy Animals Upick This was likely my favorite game all year. I always enjoy Krazy's games, and they are essentially the only Upick's I play. We were allowed to choose from any type of animal, mythical or real, and the abilities that were given to correspond to each was fantastically setup. Prior to this, Krazy's Anime Upick was my favorite Upick, and it wasn't a question. Now I have 2 up for that title.

This game had insanely fun day phases, strong town play, and ended in an amazing final 3. There were a lot of cool things, scum even got double guiltied from a role that could target 2 people to see if they are aligned. I was so inspired from this game, I ended up writing a scum guide based on the play by play of this game because I was thinking about the game so much.

This is the type of game that makes you excited for the next type of Upick by the mod.

Mad Scientist
1/6/2021 Flavor Leaf Borkjerfkin Xenoblade II Mafia This game had awesome mechanics. Every role was one of 4 types: Driver/Blade/Driver+Blade/Special. The setup revolved around Drivers targeting Blades during the first part of the night, then they get to meet up during the night. Blades got empowered by Drivers and were able to use abilities if Driven to. There was a lot of effort put into building this game.
Last edited by Flavor Leaf on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

What a write up, Aristo. Thank you. :)
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Right, so any games that finish before the January 8th deadline will officially be accepted as a 2020 Nomination.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Rising Star
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Dkkoba Names on the List
Bending
BooneyToonz XIV: A Little Boonie Told Me
Betrayal Mafia I

Quite frankly, Dkkoba has a presence and an ability to push through momentum at a high level. They say they have an extensive Chat Mafia background, and while I can tell it's an extremely Chat Mafia playstyle, it's clear Dkkoba knows how to play Mafia. In Names on the List, they were the only player correctly scum reading scum at the end of the game, and even stopped and realized that the tunnel they were in was in fact just that, a tunnel. They were able to see the game, and call out 2 of the 3 scum when nobody else was really considering us (yes, they correctly had me pegged as scum at the end).

In Bending, I was scum partners with Dkkoba, and Almost50 and I felt as if we had to try and defend Dkkoba, but Dkkoba was able to prove invaluable to victory, as both them and I ended up as the top 2 posters in the game, and our Day 2, we were able to completely control the game. They even got themselves out of a guilty on Day 3, and faded the counterclaim all while simultaneously setting up a deep pocket on another player, which ultimately lead to Dkkoba's eventual death causing that player to be misfaded from the associations.

Dkkoba had a Hero Replace in to a game over 200 pages in A Little Boonie Told Me, and their slot was one of the possible misfades. They came into the game and was the first person to call out the correct solve of the remaining 2 scum. While Day 6 they were pushing the wrong slot, the no fade followed by a kill, they were able to correctly come to the right conclusion and vote YdrasseScum in final 3 alongside Klick.

They understand balance far greater than most players who've been here about the same time, and understand what the optimal choices are to make as town. I'm sure there are many more games I'm missing, but even in my small sample size with Dkkoba, I can tell they deserve the nom. When I looked at the other Rising Star candidates, Dkkoba definitely deserves to be up there alongside them.
Last edited by Flavor Leaf on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Master Strategist
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf PlusJoyed Mini Normal 2183: Innocent Things PlusJoyed had 3 vigilante shots this game. The first one came after a Day 1 No Elim, and they targeted the same target as the Mafia team. The 2nd one hit a player who was eventually going to be misfaded. There were already 2 conf towns in the game, this vig shot made PlusJoyed the 3rd, however it was the 3rd vig shot on Unwnd, the scum kill that opened up the game, and caused me to be stuck in a situation where I essentially had to concede the game then and there. This was on top of strong overall town play during the game.

Master Strategist
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Insanoflex Mini Normal 2183: Innocent Things Insanoflex was a 1-shot Loyal Bodyguard and held their shot until Night 3. They replaced in on Day 2, and chose not to use their shot. This saving of the bodyguard shot, had scum believe they didn't have any shots left, so when scum tried to shoot the Vigilante, Insano got a successful bodyguard the same night PlusVig hit the 2nd scum. This also took them out of the game, losing scum another misfade, aiding to the lead of a concession.

White Knight
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Insanoflex Mini Normal 2183: Innocent Things I'm going to use the same as my Master Strategist Nom here.
Insanoflex was a 1-shot Loyal Bodyguard and held their shot until Night 3. They replaced in on Day 2, and chose not to use their shot. This saving of the bodyguard shot, had scum believe they didn't have any shots left, so when scum tried to shoot the Vigilante, Insano got a successful bodyguard the same night PlusVig hit the 2nd scum. This also took them out of the game, losing scum another misfade, aiding to the lead of a concession.

White Knight
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Klick BooneyToonz XIV: A Little Boonie Told Me There were a few great replacements in this game, but I think Klick will take it here. Klick came into this game as a hero replace in, coming in after the game had already been going for many day phases. Their slot was on the verge of being miseliminated, but Klick eventually was able to turn their slot around. They ended up being in a 1v1 at the end of the game with Ydrasse, and they were able to clutch out the victory. Dkkoba had been thinking Klick was scum on Day 6, but come Day 7, with Gypyx's death, Dkkoba was able to see Klick was not the scum in the situation. The sheer fact that Klick was able to go from the obvious fade of a day, and then play the game long enough to see 2 correct scum fades, and be 1 of 2 townies left alive at the end of the game is why they deserve this nom.

Moment of Brilliance
1/8/21 Flavor Leaf Alisae and NorwegianBoy [Double the Trouble] PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf
I believe it was Day 4
It was Day 3 when they revealed the 3 masons. Double Trouble hydra took complete control of the game here, specifically Alisae, while Norwegian had the exact scum team pegged. The work they put in that day phase ended with the rest of the game becoming an obvious town victory. While many townies played well, I think Double Trouble hydra was a step ahead of the bunch, and helped set motion the eventual concession of the scum team.
Last edited by Flavor Leaf on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 342, Dr Easy Bake wrote:This series of seventeen magical games
It's actually 19 if you count all 3 of the Boon Wars games. Thanks for the nom even though it made me blush a little.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”