Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Damn, I wanted to kill IV the night VPB died, but didn't show up in time, and we had talked about VPB earlier, so Username got it in.

Maybe it worked out in our favor. Who knows.

Multiball sick, still gotta catch the other team, and I feel like I was the main one pushing the last 2 scum on the day they were faded.

Username called out Bulge scum the night before, and when they day continued, I was like, yeah, Bulge is totally scum.

Once I figured out I probably could use Klyne to my advantage with the state he was in, I didn't want him faded, so I started town reading him.

I personally liked Klyne's style. He was such a wildfire wildcard. I love it.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2266 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Nah, California, I didn't plan to wake up necessarily, I've been trying to fix the sleep schedule for a while, and then I saw night ended right within a couple hours of the time I've been waking up.

8 SCUM GAMES IN A ROW PEOPLE. 8, oh my god.

Also modding a Large Theme here if anyone's interested in joining. I'm pretty happy with what I feel's going to be a great game.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85530

I planned that post out yesterday, and thought of doing it as a "haha what if I just...wait, that's what I'm doing.".
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2269 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2264, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2256, Klyne wrote:IM JUST A MAN OF MY WORD. IT'S MY BOND. MY NINPO WAY. I NEVER GO BACK ON MY NINPO.
haha sorry i think misinterpreted your word as "gonna vote first thing when day starts" so I tried to just convince you to quickvote Ahsoka, vs "gonna vote with the first person that votes"

if I knew it was the latter, i would've shouted at Andy to get on right at daystart, lmao

well played Flavor for waking up early to vote ASAP! lmao are you in Hawaii or smthing

oh well ggs was fun all around
The issue you had in that day we faded username, you didn't really explain too much why it was me, so while it was obvious you knew I was scum, it made it look like just a tunnel. I played into the town reading Klyne for a while, and since he was in an absolute no analysis mode, he wasn't going to double check you.

I think holding off on that day phase and letting pagetop/username talk more would have opened it up to being obvious to everyone that I was scum here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2272 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

And Klyne was not going to follow the back and forth.

We did capture Mafia together, how about that, though? That was the true victory. Us hunting them down together.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2276 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2233, innocentvillager wrote:yeah i thought town played pretty well, this felt stacked against town to begin with and to get that close is pretty decent

still just sad though, after all that efforting
I think it just feels this way because town still has to go against all scum, so it feels like less of a chance than normal to win the game because normally balanced should feel 50% chance to win. This needs to feel 33% chance to win, which I think this is an extremely balanced version of the game, it just has that multiball swing.

We got to final 5, and 3 town, 2 scum, and you had the entire solve. We essentially ganged up on the Mafia together, and I actually think Town was leading this game the majority of the game, and we Wolves just played a wildcard move. I think this could have gone either way. Mafia had 3 of them so they could have taken control of the game, so I think it was more just them dropping the ball. It outed us in the process too.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2277 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Good work, Username. Your wall posts looked really genuine. It just came to a point where you got POE'd out because Klyne became obv town.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2280 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2278, PageTopAndy wrote:
In post 2266, Flavor Leaf wrote:Also modding a Large Theme here if anyone's interested in joining. I'm pretty happy with what I feel's going to be a great game.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85530
This was only my first game so I hope I am still invited????
If you think you can handle a large theme game, sure.

My games normally seem like over the top a lot, but when actually breaking it down, even if it's a lot of unknown words, just gotta ask. Even experienced players ask about stuff in my game because it's just typically okay to because it looks overly wordy.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I was actually surprised there was that many doubts in the dead thread.

I actually do think this game is balanced, but I don't think it will ever feel that way, if that makes sense. Biggest issue for town is town have to stay motivated. End game coming down to "it's anyone's game" is just typically a good sign. I think playing this setup with the same people over and over would come off pretty evenly for victories.

Username and I also worked the day phase to specifically not have our team come up much. I actually think that's becoming sort of a scum tell for me. It happened in Names on the List too, and even in Innocent Things.

Yeah, I think recently I've been playing safer as Mafia because it's just easier to coast because of 8SCUM GAMES IN A ROW, but when I coast, I have a tendency to argue in an exact way that TownMe would.

And Town Me is SUPER SCUMMY, so I have to actively not say what town me would say.

VPB made a line about why would he not understand why a wolf needed to die made me scum, but I said that because that was my actual thoughts on the subject from a town's POV, and I still agree. that Mafia fade nearly won town the game because we became obvious as scum. Klyne was able to become pretty townie, and for the most part IV was able to.

The mindset of "We need to hit wolves today" let me hide under the guise of being possible Mafia.

But like, yeah, that never would have happened to Murdercat if I was Mafia with them, and everything I said there was also true, I just happened to be a wolf. That essentially made it so I had a step up in scumhunting because I knew 1 extra slot who wasn't Mafia.

But yeah, time for a meta switchup.

This scumstyle just gets town me Misfaded because it's just town me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2287 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yeah, I think you gotta look at it more like Team Yellow vs Team Green vs Team Red, each have different things they have to do. We were caught as Wolves, we just won in the Wildcard situation.

I do think you guys played well, but I think we played well too, and unfortunately, we kind of teamed up on Mafia.

You had 2 town misfades, Mafia had 3, we had 1. Basically, unless you're Mafia. It's 2 and you're out.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2292 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

It's the multiball vs singleball feel.

Multiball will always feel like you have less chances to win because you generally do.

Yeah, I feel like I definitely was a big cause of that Bulge wagon. I knew we needed to control the nightkill there, and I think VPB did end up being the right kill that night.\

That night where both Username and I were on the list. Ugh.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2301 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2300, DkKoba wrote:The setup is a bit wolfsided imo. Info favors finding maf and helps wolves hide by havint legit scumhunting
This is only true if Mafia doesn't account for it. In theory, Mafia have the full control, but most Mafia would play it safe list wise, which is how Mafia gets outed, and then Wolf just get to hide it.

If Mafia isn't expected to not put themselves on the list, which they always will be in a 1 and done, it probably leans wolfside.

Balance wise, though, play this game 100 times, with all the same people, Wolves probably would win the least.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2302 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Mafia just need to play the WIFOM game to counter wolves who are going to go after them, otherwise it's a Three Way strategy game where both gravitate towards Mafia.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2305 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2304, DkKoba wrote:wolves dont have the risk of being outted via the list
If done correctly, neither do Mafia.

Return to “Completed Open Games”