Micro 998 | The Binding of Isaac Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1279 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:13 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1277, catboi wrote:Oh, I want to add that the one-way PT was conceptually really cool and it was really interesting to work with, both communicating back secretly and trying to read the person in it, knowing that if I got pocketed in a hood I couldn't even post in my shame would be eternal
That was kinda Chara's invention since the original design has a locked game thread. Chara said that would be an excessively long night
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1280 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:15 pm

Post by Isis »

Oh I see that Chara posted that

Yeah locking the thread without a different role PM would have been arguably bad modding because threads aren't usually locked during twilight (although that is usually because the mod isn't available, which is why I kind of had a mental fumble with it)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1281 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:18 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1251, Costello wrote:I do have feedback about my role as described though which is that scum blitzing in 5 way is instantly gamelosing, and you really want to avoid stuff like that.
Could you explain this? This is with the "if the Raven is your scumpartner, the raven may only elect to affirm you as the elimination" clause in mind?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1282 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:27 pm

Post by Isis »

The Forgotten was very powerful, but was the most powerful role in the setup and other PRs and weak investigative effects throughout the rest of the setup were also removed to make room for it. I'm not saying it's not still too strong but I hope everyone is cognizant of that. In an expected run of the setup, two different people are supposed to hold the role, which should usually mean it doesn't shelter a town leader for a whole game, but this game has a scum isaac getting caught one and then apollyon getting shot which was 1/72 unusual
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1283 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:28 pm

Post by Isis »

I mean, you could also have two town leaders and it could bounce between them. Idk

It's challenging to make a setup like this
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1288 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1284, Costello wrote:
In post 1281, Isis wrote:
In post 1251, Costello wrote:I do have feedback about my role as described though which is that scum blitzing in 5 way is instantly gamelosing, and you really want to avoid stuff like that.
Could you explain this? This is with the "if the Raven is your scumpartner, the raven may only elect to affirm you as the elimination" clause in mind?
It's if scum blitzes a town Eve.

Similar stuff happens with Vengeful in 3 way, it's a big issue with that role but Eve took that issue and cranked it up a notch. Granted in a closed mini theme blitzing might not be the best idea to begin with, but I think autoloss for it is super possible and ridiculously brutal/infuriating.
It was incredibly unlikely that townies would cast votes in 5p eLo without massclaiming. I didn't play super close attention but my understanding is that you criers massclaimed in -7p-
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”